A Start of a New Beginning!

By LuckyValt

[BEYBLADE BURST x Reader] [ BEING RE-WRITTEN AS OF 5/6/22 ] A Beyblade was given to a young boy named Aoi Val... More

[ Chapter 1 ] - [ New Beginnings ]
[ Chapter 2 ] - [ Regional Tournament ]
[ Chapter 3 ] - [ Enter : Kurenai Shu ]
[ Chapter 4 ] - [ King Kerbeus ]
[ Chapter 5 ] - [ Three Musketeers ]
[ Chapter 6 ] - [ Kensuke's Resolve ]
[ Chapter 7 ] - [ Enter : Kurogami Daina ]
[ Chapter 8 ] - [ Getting it Together ]
[ Chapter 9 ] - [ Unusual Training! ]
[ Chapter 10 ] - [ Earthly Discoveries ]
[ Chapter 11 ] - [ A Day in the Bakery ]
[ Chapter 12 ] : [ The Komurasaki Heir ]
[ Chapter 14 ] - [ Lending a Hand ]
[ Chapter 15 ] - [ Battle of Pride ]
[ Chapter 16 ] - [ A Score to be Settled ]
[ Chapter 17 ] - [ Worrisome ]
[ chapter 18 ] - [ A Bond Like No Other ]
Surprise! The Xhakuenji Special!!
Fired Up! Team Battle!!
Ragnaruk VS Unicorn!
Connect! Chain Shoot!!
A Battle of Friendship!
(Y/n)'s Awakening!!
The Lonely Deathscyther
Seriously Powerful!!
The Mysterious Beyblade Mask!
It's Decided! We're Participating in Nationals!!
Training Camp! Viking Stadium!!
The Mountains! The Rivers! A Big Stormy Adventure!
Aim for Number One!
The Winged Serpent! Quetzalcoatl!!
Amaterios' Guidance
The Shocking Cyclone!
The Explosive Double Impact!!
Beasts' Fangs!
Wild Beast! Beast Behemoth!!
The Threatening Rideout!
Our Final Battle!
A Deadly Struggle! Battle with Longinus!!
The Explosive Death Spiral!!
Let's Take the Nationals!
Neptune's Trap
The Venomous Serpent! Jormungand!!
The Whirlwind Jet Shoot!
Howl! Beast Battle!
Spriggan vs Wyvern!
Fierce Combat! Valt vs Xhaka!!
Star Battle!!
Explosive Spin Vs Runaway Dash!!
Spin Emperors! Lui vs Shu!!
The Final Battle! The Absolute Champion!
Letter From Someone
Final Update On This Book

[ Chapter 13 ] - [ Happiness ]

590 26 5
By LuckyValt

"From Shu?"

You and Valt briefly stopped your card game of Go-Fish that evening. Both your eyes were tired and exhausted after sulking all day about your loss from Wakiya the day before. Nika and Tokonatsu had walked by with glasses of juice in their grasp with full intent to not bother the both of you before Nika realized something Shu wanted to ask you earlier.

"Yea, a message from Shu!" Nika turns her body to you with a smile.

"He was practicing in the park!" Tokonatsu recalled before taking a quick sip.

"—And he wanted us to tell you something!" Nika continues, her eagerness almost making her drop her glass and shyly smile at her tiny mistake. She then curiously peers down her orange eyes to the table, tilting her head. "What're you two playing?"

"'Go Fish'! [First name] found them while exploring the attic," Valt explains and looked at his cards "Okay, [First name]! Go Fish!" Valt shouts while pointing at you. You roll your eyes and did as told.

"Oh, uh," you trail, looking at your deck of cards in your hands for a second. Then, nervously, looked up at Valt with a sheepish look and used the cards to cover below your nose with a light chuckle. "Um. . .what do you do after you tell me to, 'Go Fish', again?"

Valt's finger lowered with a bewildered look and sighed with a smile, "All right, lemme explain again. After you get told Go Fish, you—"

"W-Wait!" Nika interrupts your game for the second time. You and Valt paused again to look at Nika who pouts, "Listen! Message from Shu!" She points at Tokonatsu determinedly, "Go!"

"E-Eh?" Tokonatsu jumps from suddenly being put on the spot. He narrows his eyes at his sister before looking at the two of you. "Shu wanted to ask you this," he takes in a dramatic deep breath. "'Is [First name] happy?'"

"Am I happy?" You repeated, confused out of your mind. You turn to Valt who looked just as confused as you were. You tilt your head, "What does that mean?"

"Dunno," Valt responds.

"Welp, go figure what that means," Nika shrugs her shoulders and sipped her juice happily. "I'm gonna go and rewatch all of Shu-kun's matches!" And with that, Nika giddily skipped to the staircase and raced upstairs. Her girly giggles rang throughout the house.

Tokonatsu watches his sister with a sigh. "I feel like she's added over a thousand views on her own," he says before waving goodbye to the two of you. "Okay, I'm going to take a quick nap. See ya!"

Then, there were two.

You settled your cards on the table (with the numbers facing down), Valt doing the same thing. The TV behind Valt was only put on to have something going on in the background so that the two of you weren't alone with your thoughts about your loss. The kotatsu the two of you were under was nice and warm, but the cold and unnerving feeling about that question Shu supposedly asked left you worried.

You peer upward to see how Valt was doing. His posture looked tensed, his gloveless fingers seemed tighter around the cards. Eyes were half-lidded, lost in wonder. He seems to be biting his lower lip. Was it a subconscious decision, you wondered.

You weren't too well experienced in how to approach him. Human emotions were so. . .confusing sometimes to you. You assumed they'd always feel happy, never. . .this bothered.

". . .[First name]?" Valt's voice snaps you out of your trance as you now noticed his chocolate eyes staring at you in confusion.

"Yes?"

"Why did you turn human after all this time?"

The question was a little more surprising than you thought. Evident through your wide eyes and sudden quietness, Valt remained the same seemingly curious to get your answer. You looked away, your hands now resting on top of the table to fiddle as you thought about your next words. Why did you turn human after being gifted to him since Christmas? You, yourself, haven't given it much thought—you never needed to. You'd assume they'd adjust to it and don't ask questions.

That's how a Beyblade is born, so why shouldn't humans act the same?

"Well. . ." you begin in a timid voice. "Um. . ."

"Did you just feel like it?" Valt asks after your small moment of silence. You look back up to see him now smiling. "I know I totally would!" He leans back with his arms holding him up. "I would love to try to beat others in a fight! Go boom! Bang!" He then makes punching gestures, ones you knew would be far too weak to actually do damage in actual battles.

"I suppose. . ." you begin, immediately making Valt pause to hear you out. "I wanted to know what it feels like to be a human."

". . .Feels like to be a human?" You hear Valt repeat.

You laugh nervously, "Yeah," you say with your hand going up to scratch the back of your neck. "I-It's a little embarrassing to say I guess. But I really wanted to see how life on Earth feels like," you could feel yourself starting to ramble. "I wanted to smell the air, experience relationships that aren't exactly just fighting. Though I don't need to eat, I couldn't believe how delicious human foods were. All of it is so exciting!" You broke out into a smile as you giggle, "I honestly adore human culture!"

Valt's eyes practically glimmer at your enthusiastic smile. He laughs, "I know right?! You're so right about the food. Mom's bread and meals are delicious!"

"Right?!" You gasped.

"Mhm!" Valt nods feverishly.

You laugh, "I also feel like the battles are so much more exciting now that I'm human." You pick up your cards to resume your game. Valt points at the deck to your left and you picked up a card. "I feel your emotions so much more intensely. It gives me a lot of motivation to do my best now that I see how up-front you are."

Valt then hums, "What about. . .the loss against Wakiya?" He hides his face behind the cards almost as if he's nervous about asking you this question. You couldn't help but awe at it with soft eyes. "Thoughts?"

"I'm bummed out about it—do you have any two's?" You asked mid-sentence. Valt nods and hands you the corresponding cards. "I mean, I never thought he'd be like that. I assumed all humans were just as nice as you and the others were."

Valt shook his head, "Some kids can be pretty mean." He pouts, "I guess Wakiya's one of them." He shows you a card, "Any fives?"

You nod and give him the cards. "I still don't know how to deal with people like Wakiya," you shivered. "He kinda unnerves me." You mimicked his actions before, "Ones?"

Valt nods and hands you the cards, "I just don't know how to win against him." His frown deepens, "We still haven't been able to perfect any of the moves." He settles down his cards to run his hands through his hair. "It's worrying me!"

You sighed, eyeing him down sorrowfully leaning forward before patting his head. Valt perks up to see you smile reassuringly and returns the gesture sweetly. You shook your head, "We'll be fine! Yeah, I guess I have to deal with mean people but that doesn't matter in a Beybattle! We'll be okay, I promise!"

"You mean it?" Valt asks.

"Obviously," you answered. "Now," you sat back down and stared at your cards. "Where were we?"

The boy picks up his cards again, albeit a little lower than before, and soaks in a moment of silence before asking you a question in a timid tone, "So. . .are you happy, [First name]?"

Your [e/c] eyes flicker up for a second then back down. The corners of your lips curl upwards, "Yes. Yes, I am."

Valt's mouth gaped slightly open, then smiled happily, "Right! Then, any threes?"

"Nope!" You say, "Go Fish!"

— — —

"All right," Valt lifts your BeyForm up in the morning sun to smile at your now-cleaned layers. "There we go!" He crouches and lays you on the ground beside his twin siblings. "You're all set to transform, [First name]!"

After a quick poof, you came right back to stretch your arms. "Phew," you sighed. "I'm starting to feel cramped whenever I'm in my Beyblade form." You turn back around to see Valt staring at you happily. "What?"

"Nothing!" Valt chimes, his arms put around his shoulders to grin boyishly. "It's just still so cool to see you transform each time, hehe!" Tokonatsu and Nika both eagerly nodded in agreement as you chuckle, waving them off bashfully.

"I agree," Tokonatsu says, "It's like one of those magical girl transformations that Nika watches." Nika pouts and places her hands on her hips.

She opened her mouth to retort but soon realized an urgent thought. "I saw Shu earlier, you two!" She crossed her arms, bringing up a finger to her chin, "But he didn't see me when I called out to him."

Tokonatsu shrugs at her, "Maybe he's not feeling well?"

"What're you talking about? Shu's fine," Valt reassured and moved to put on his regular red hoodie over his bland white T-shirt. His loose blue hair flutters around him from the small gust of wind due to him pulling it over. "He's stronger than you think."

"Yeah, I agree!" You nodded, handing the boy his headband which he grabs and slides on.

Nika shook her head, worry written all over her face, "But he came out of the doctor's office."

"Did he catch a cold?" Tokonatsu follows up, his eyebrows furrowing now in concern.

"He wasn't coughing," his sister retorts.

"Then maybe he got injured?"

"Injured?"

Nika stops talking. She pursed her lips in a thin line, seemingly deep in thought. "Maybe it was then. . ." She gasps and glances at her curious brother sitting on the ground, "Hey, at the park. . ."

You furrowed your eyebrows in concern for the worried twin, "Something wrong, Nika?" You asked in the softest tone you could soothe the sibling.

"The other day, I bumped into Shu at the park," she trails, her eyes going everywhere but meeting yours. At this point, Valt propped up his collar as he paid attention to the conversation. "He was about to Launch, and. . ."

"When was that?" Tokonatsu asked. Seems like he was the only one to actually instigate Nika.

"Um. . .I might've caused Shu-kun to get his shoulder hurt," Nika dropped the bomb. Both you and Valt stiffen in concern. "Maybe he went to get it checked out?"

Valt gasped, and almost went to grab your wrist yet hesitated for a second. He settled for a tap on your shoulder to notify you to follow him, "C'mon! We gotta find Shu and find out what happened!" You nodded immediately.

"Right!"

why did i write y/n to be like this omnipresent god where she can detect everything goin on LMAOOOO

i was an insane 11 yr old

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 198 18
(In Evolution, ok?) Two friends... One girl... Fall in love at their first very meeting... Until "He" came to ruin their lives... They both noticed h...
691 41 13
'*β€’.ΒΈβ™‘γ€π•Šπ•™π•¦ π•‚π•¦π•£π•–π•Ÿπ•’π•š 𝕩 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣】 β™‘ΒΈ.β€’*' '*β€’.ΒΈβ™‘ π•Šπ•™π•¦ π•‚π•¦π•£π•–π•Ÿπ•’π•š, 𝕒 π•“π•’π•Ÿπ••π•šπ•₯ π•‘π•šπ•£π•’π•₯𝕖, 𝕨𝕒𝕀 𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕦𝕀𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕀π•₯𝕖𝕒𝕝...
45.9K 1.4K 18
After an attack in the WBBA Valt and Shu make a promise to never leave the other's side until they find their attacker. Because of this promise the t...