Queen Joker.

By HouseOfCards_xx

The smile that curled on my lips was huge. "You talk of them as if they are people." I shook my head, my smi... More

Welcome
Characters (new aesthetics.)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
A/N
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

Prologue

551 17 19
By HouseOfCards_xx

5th June 2022

2 months Later.

Aria's Pov:

Leo Santiago. 

Male. (Rare species) 

22 years old. 

In his natural habitat: His stupid office. 

Leo Santiago looked sexy even when he was reading a piece of paper. 

I watched as he flipped over to another sheet and scanned down the paper his lips moving as he read. 

I sighed, god, my man was fine

Finer then fine. And he was mine. 

I ducked my head down immediately as he moved a little in his seat. 

Damn. Now that was a close one. 

I let out a breath as I looked back up through the window to see him looking down at his paper. 

He had no idea I was here. 

I wasn't stalking him. No way. 

I had simply gone for a walk and noticed him in his office that just happened to give me a perfect view of him. 

Ok fine perhaps me being in my sleepwear was not that convincing but I could definitely argue that a spontaneous walk is possible and that I really really wanted to go on a walk but couldn't be bothered to change. 

Though of course that would be a lie. 

Because I was almost definitely stalking him. 

Now. See. It was not my fault. 

He was the one who started the argument. Not me. 

All I asked was if he would buy me a flame thrower for my 'scientific experiment' and he flat out refused to saying that I'd probably try and set everything around me on fire including myself and when I then argued that I wasn't dumb enough to do something so stupid like that he just raised his silly beautiful eyebrows at me. 

The little bastard was the reason for everything these days. I can't even figure out whether I hate it our like it. 

Well yes I like him. 

But I hate the way that he can get me so fucking angry but then all I have to do is look at him and I forget whatever he's done. 

Something like that is rather dangerous. 

But i think I'm stuck like this. This man has a hold on me that none of my other ex's ever had. Sure I liked them but this man has a hold on me that I'm sure even If he tried to murder me I'd forgive him if he smiled at me. 

It truly was dangerous. 

I glanced back at him.

His black hair a little ruffled. Not much different from usual. His grey eyes trained down at the paper, lips in his usual scowl as he looked unimpressed at what he was reading. 

His handsome face looked down at the paper that he held in hands. 

The same hands that he would run up my thigh when he would kiss me.

I had to look away from him. 

Oh god. I felt my face reddening.

I wondered how many girlfriends he must have had. There was no way he was so good at kissing and not had a number of girlfriends. 

Then suddenly a movement caught my eyes. 

Leo moved of his chair, he stood up and stretched, back facing me. 

I watched as he flexed his back and bought a hand over to stretch the side. 

All I can say is, his white button up shirts were a lovely tight fit. It enabled me to see it all. All of his muscles flexing. I saw it. 

I think I forgot how to breath. 

Like, sure. I've seen the man shirtless before, once, but still it was a sight that I have been blessed to see. 

It took me a moment to realise that he was going to turn around and just when he did, I ducked. I had just missed him looking at me. 

I stayed sat below the window, which was hard to do as the window was rather large and so the windowsill was also really low down. 

However due to my unfortunate height it did mean that I was covered. He would have no idea i was here. I could hear the soft yet heavy footsteps as he neared closer to the window and adrenaline rushed through me. 

He didn't know I was here....Right? 

I clapped a hand over my mouth as the window above me was flung open and  heard him take a large breath in. 

He was only inches away from me.

I don't know how much time passed perhaps a couple of seconds, minuets even, but I just sat there, hand over my mouth. 

Hiding from my own boyfriend. 

Until finally, i heard it. 

His footsteps walking away. Walking back to his desk. 

I hesitantly moved from my spot and slowly poked my head up, his back should be facing me now, so there wouldn't be an issue-

"I was wondering when you'd decide to stop hiding from me." 

I gasped as I looked up to see Leo smirking down a me, standing right by the windowsill. Arms crossed. 

He looked so fine. 

I blinked harshly. Hell no. 

I sprang up from my stop immediately and shot him a glare. 

"What? What are you on about?" I spluttered. 

I matched his crossed arms and moodily glared at him. 

"You've been staring at me for the past hour, I was wondering what you were doing." He shrugged. 

Ok. 

It had almost definitely not been an HOUR. 

"I'm on a WALK. I CAN do that, right? If i can't buy my flame thrower at least let me go on a walk." I snapped. 

"A walk? What kind of walk were you exactly on. I mean you haven't done much walking for an hour, you've been sitting there staring at me." He raised his perfectly done eyebrow at me. 

I swallowed. He had known the whole time that I was staring at him. 

BASTARD. 

"I was not staring a you." I calmly explained. 

Leo grinned. He stopped crossing his  arms but instead placed them on the windowsill and leaned forwards. 

His face was only inches away from me. 

"Really?" He whispered. 

"Y-yes." I swallowed. 

He reached a hand up to my face and touched a strand of my hair, making sure to maintain eye contact all the way through.

He then slipped his hand onto my cheek, where it slowly travelled to the edge of my lips. Where he stopped moving. 

"What a shame." He mused  "I was going to give you a kiss since you spent such a long time looking at me, but now-" 

That was all I could take. 

I bought my hand up to his cheek and pulled him a little closer, placing my lips on his. He made a little sound of surprise but didn't make any efforts to pull back. 

He kissed me back harder. I only obliged. 

My feet fumbled and I could feel my self falling. 

It was too late by the time Leo realised it and when he reached out his other hand to stop me from falling, the same hand that he was leaning on the window sill, he slipped himself. 

It wasn't only me falling. 

He fell on top of me. 

I let out a little groan as my body made contact with the ground, but in a second his arms were around me and he looked down at me, concern evident on his handsome face. 

"Are you alright-" He started. 

He didn't even have a chance to finish whatever useless thing he was about to say as I slipped my hand onto his bare collarbone. 

He flushed. Immediately. 

"Just shut the fuck up and kiss me." I murmured as I moved my hand along his shoulder. 

He scoffed but he didn't argue. 

He moved down slowly, impatiently I yanked his shirt and met his lips before he had the chance to do anything. 

He made yet another surprised sound.  

But in a minuet it was all gone, he returned my vigor and slanted his lips against mine over and over. 

Somewhere between this I wrapped my legs around his waist, bringing him even closer, He pulled my hair out of the ponytail I'd halfheartedly styled it in. It fell out behind me and I'm sure it looked so messy, but he didn't think so. 

"Beautiful." He said in a haggard breath. As if his breath truly was taken away. 

 His hand tightened on my waist and the other skimmed against my bare thigh. 

He groaned against my lips as his hand squeezed my thigh, I gasped at the sudden motion. 

"Fuck." He panted.

But then he was kissing me again. Not just my lips though, all down my neck and then up again, leaving open mouthed kisses all along and I returned the favour. 

"Aria." He murmured, over and over again. "Your so goddamn beautiful." 

I slid my hands up his shirt, that was now untucked from his trousers. I could feel his toned muscles underneath as my hands explored it all. 

By this time we were both panting and the once cold air around us felt warmer, though as we each took another frenzied breath it came out as a cloud. 

Just as he leaned down again we both heard the door of office room open. We both widened our eyes at each other. 

"Leo? Leooooooo. LEO." An annoying voice drawled. 

I mentally swore in my head. Oliver. 

We both scampered up from our position and quickly hid underneath the open windowsill. We both looked at each other, scared. 

"God, where the hell is he?" Oliver sighed. 

Ollie had made it rather clear that if he ever saw the 2 of us kissing he would murder Leo and force me to become a nun.

I liked Leo. 

I liked me not being a Nun as well. 

I shivered as I thought of how that would go. 

"He was literally in here as well, I know he was. where the hell has he gone?" Ollie continued worriedly. 

Just then I felt an arm touch my shoulder, forgetting what the situation was I nearly let out a yelp, but Leo placed a hand over my mouth before I could scream. 

He then pulled me closer to him, still keeping his hand on my mouth. 

He then did the unthinkable.

His lightly placed his lips on my neck and kissed it, then he did it again but harsher. His teeth grazing the same spot. 

I let out a groan but it was muffled by his hand. 

No way. 

Now fucking way. 

He was so not trying to give me a hickey when my brother was 40cm away from us. 

"Who the fuck left this window open as well? It's freezing!" Ollie animatedly talked to himself. 

Oliver was right above us. 

If he looked down then he would see Leo giving me a hickey. 

Oh my fucking god. 

I tried not to focus on the way he moved his lips along my neck, but it was no use. He made it so that I could think of no one but him. 

"Oh well. The cold never bothered me anyways." Oliver sighed and I heard his footsteps receding and finally the office door closing behind him. 

I jumped out of Leo's arms and shot a glare at him. 

"You are crazy!" I whisper-shouted. 

Leo bought the back of his hand up to his mouth and dragged it across it. 

"You started it." He shrugged. 

I tiled my head at him. "HOW? HOW DID I POSSIBLY START THIS?" 

"Your too pretty Ari. Far too pretty. I was trying to hold back so hard but you kissed me and then I lost it." He explained. 

I was simply speechless. I had no words to say. Nothing. 

"You have no clue, do you?" He scoffed. 

He narrowed his eyes at me and clenched his jaw. 

"No, no please enlighten me. What do I have no clue on?" I rolled my eyes.

He got up from his spot on the ground and walked over to me. I swallowed. 

"Those shorts, that incredibly thin shirt." He listed off. "That dirty little mouth of yours, that does nothing but make me loose control." 

I flushed. How was I supposed to react to this?

"It's not fair. Not at all." He looked pissed. 

He had me against the wall now, both hands blocking my entrance. 

I blinked up at him. What did he want me to say? 

Then suddenly he let out a breath and looked away from me. 

"Sorry." He breathed. "Sorry. I shouldn't have lost control like that." 

I placed a hand on his cheek "I guess it's alright." 

"See this is what I mean. You start these things Aria. One day I might just loose all of my control."  He frustratedly let out. 

"And? What happens when you do?" I curiously asked. 

"It's what happens after that you should be worried about." He darkly answered. 

"Which is....?" I pushed. 

"It means, there is no going back. If you want to run away from me after that happens then I simply won't let you, you will be stuck with me forever. So I guess I'm giving you chance." 

I forgot how to breath. His grey eyes were trained onto me as he looked down at me. Like two stars gleaming down. 

"Run away while you still have the chance Aria. If you don't then it's all your fault." He murmured. 

With that he drew back and walked off. 

Just like that. 

He walked off. 

I was left. Stunned. 

And just like that. My anger at him returned. 

Stupid sexy bastard. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 46.5K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...
637K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
Intoxicating By Nani🦋

General Fiction

249K 4K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive Fiancé, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
12.2M 369K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...