Stars and Scars [D.Dixon fic]...

liletwd07 által

"You drew stars,around my scars But now I'm bleeding" You'd think at the end of the world falling in love wou... Több

The cast
Graphics
Prologue
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
Season 2
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Season 3
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

5

3.5K 79 6
liletwd07 által

Cassie, Rick and T-dog slowly made their way toward Daryl who was still furiously pacing in front of his brothers hand.

All of a sudden he raised his crossbow on T-dog caused Rick to point his gun at Daryl who was still trying to keep his tears from falling.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it."

Cassie was about to step forward and say something to try and get the men apart but Glenn place a hand on her arm holding her back. He knew what his best friend was about to attempt and would rather she stayed without an arrow or bullet in her.

Daryl very reluctantly lowered his crossbow away from T-Dogs head Rick pulling his gun away a few seconds later.

Daryl sniffled lightly before asking T-dog "You got a do-rag or something". If the situation wasn't so serious Cassie would have let out a chuckle. Funny how it had gone from 'I'm gonna kill your' to 'can I borrow a rag' in less than a minute.

T-dog seemed confuse by the request but still handed Daryl what he wanted. Daryl walked over to his brothers hand picking it up by the finger.

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs. Ain't that a bitch."he sighed placing Merles hand in the middle of T-dogs blue rag(which he probably wouldn't want back) and packed it up like he was wrapping a birthday present.

He walked over to Glenn who had a bag on his back motioning him to spin round. Cassie saw that the idea of a chopped off hand in his bag made Glenn want to puke and she'd already avoided his puke once this week.

"You can put it in here" she gestured to her already open bag with a small smile as Daryl turned to her and gently place his brothers hand inside.

"He must have used a tourniquet. Maybe his belt there'd be much more blood if he didn't" Daryl said as he grabbed his crossbow and followed the path of blood not bothering to wait for the others.

The group followed the path of blood back into the building Daryl at the front of them calling out for Merle every few seconds. As the group made their way thought the building they found two walkers that must have been taken out by Merle.

"Damn he managed to take out two of them whilst bleeding with only one hand. That's impressive" Cassie admitted.

"Toughest asshole I ever my brother" Daryl said as he began to reload his crossbow "Feed him a hammer he'd crap out nails". Cassie could see he was saying this more to convince himself that his brother was fine and still out there.

"Any man can pass out from blood loss no matter how tough he is."

"Okay let's just try and stay positive guys" Cassie told them trying to prevent the argument that was arising between the two stubborn men.

Merles blood trail led them to a set of gas ovens that had been left on and were covered in blood. Cassie cautiously walked over before picking up a burger press examining it.

"What's that burnt stuff" Glenn asked her.

"Skin" she explained "He cauterised the stump". When she finished saying this Glenn looked like he was going to puke..... again.

"Told he was tough. Nobody can kill Merle but Merle."

"Don't take that on faith. He's lost a lot of blood" Rick replied still not having faith they were gonna find Merle.

"Yes he has but he's cauterised the stump which means he'll be bleeding more slowly now and we can still find him" Cassie explained. She knew that if they didn't find the older redneck in one piece and brung him back to camp Daryl would never let them forget it.

"Even if he has lost a lot of blood it didn't stop him from busting out of this death trap" Daryl explained leading them to a smashed open window which they assumed was Merle.

"He left the building?" Glenn asked in disbelief "why would he do that"

"Why wouldn't he" Daryl responded "He's out there alone as far as he knows, doing what he's gotta do. Surviving"

"You call that surviving?" T-dog asked still not able to wrap his head around while Merle would leave. "Just wondering out on the streets maybe passing out?"

"We'll I mean he doesn't know we came back for him. He has to get back and he can't do that stuck in here" Cassie said thinking about it but T-dog was still unconvinced.

"Still what are his odds out there?"

"No worse than being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks" Daryl shouted at the group. Cassie knew he was bout have another out burst of anger at some point and this was it.

She ran her hands over the part of her hair that was down due to her ponytail as Glenn put his head in his hands. Cassie was sick of hearing about how the group where terrible people for leaving Merle behind from Daryl she already felt guilty enough as it was.

"You couldn't kill him" Daryl said turning to Rick "Ain't so worried about some dead bastard"

"What about 1,000 dumb dead bastards? Different story?"

"Why don't you take a tally? Do what you want. I'm gonna go get him" Daryl replied to Rick clearly fed up with him.

"Daryl wait" Rick told the redneck putting a hand on his chest

"Get your hands off me!"He shouted at Rick.

"Guys shut up unless you want it to be feeding time for the walkers" Cassie hissed at the men who were currently staring each other down. If looks could kill they'd both be six feet under.

"You cant stop me" Daryl shouted ignoring the woman.

"I don't blame you" Rick spoke in a calmer voice now knowing how much sound attracted the walkers. "He's family. I get that. I went through hell to find mine. I know exactly how you feel" Rick was trying to get through to Daryl just as Cassie had but so far it wasn't working as Daryl just angrily stared at the man.

"He can't get far with that injury. We could help you check a few blocks around but only if we keep a level head."

"I could do that" Daryl agreed.

Finally there was a plan set in place they both agreed on and at the moment they weren't trying to rip each others throats out so Cassie would consider that a momentary success.

"Only if we get those guns first" T-dog spoke up. "I'm not strolling the streets of Atlanta with just my good intentions okay?"

"He's right" Cassie agreed knowing they should all have a weapon whilst in the city.

"What happened to 'Merle first' huh" Daryl turned to ask her using her words from earlier against her.

"We don't have those weapons and if we get attacked by a herd we're all dead. Only so many arrows. And we can't find Merle if we're dead so just calm the fuck down alright." As Cassie spoke she could feel her anger bubbling inside her as her voice became louder and louder. "We already decided we're gonna search a few blocks to try and find him so just shut up and let us get what we need to find your brother and not die in the process"

Once she was finished she turned away from the group slightly embarrassed by her sudden outburst. She heard footsteps run up beside her as she realised it was Glenn.

"That was badass" he told her putting an arm round his best friend sensing she could use some comfort.

"Thanks"

———————————————————————————

The group were sat in a room of the department store discussing Glenn's plan to get the bag of guns back from the middle of the walker infested road below them but so far only Cassie had faith in his plan.

"Your not doing this alone" Rick told Glenn.

"Even I think It's a bad idea and I don't even like you very much"

"Wow Daryl thanks for your full honesty and support in the plan that will eventually lead to getting your brother back" Cassie replied the sarcasm dripping from her voice as she began a slow clap. All Daryl did was roll his eyes and grunt at her before the group continued.

"It's a good idea,okay, if you just hear me out" Glenn said looking at them hope in his eye. "If we go out there in a group we're slow drawing attention. If I'm alone I can move fast. Look" Glenn motioned for them to look down at the drawing he had done of the city streets each member of the group being a random object they'd found around the room. "That's the tank 5 blocks from where we are now. That's the bag of guns. Here's the alley i dragged you into when we first met. That's where Cassie,Daryl and I will go"

"Why us?" Daryl asked glancing over at the blonde.

"What am I really that bad?" Cassie asked with a chuckle looking over to the redneck.

"Nah just askin" he replied Cassie giving him a soft smile.

"It's because your bows are quieter than his guns" Glenn interrupted. Cassie glanced over and her forest green eyes met his ocean blue. She had never noticed just how blue his eyes where before and once she started looking she didn't want to look away but she did not wanting it to look like she was staring at him. As she did she felt heat rising to her cheeks in embarrassment. The only two who noticed where Glenn and T-dog who shared a look silently agreeing to pester the woman for details later.

"While Cassie and Daryl wait here in the alley,I run up the street grab the bag."

"You got us elsewhere" Rick asked curious as to what his part of the plan would be.

"You and T-dog right. You'll be in this alley here." Glenn explained moving the pieces that represent the two men to a different alleyway.

"Two blocks away? Why?"

"I may not be able to come back the same way. Walkers might cut me off" Cassie gulped at the idea of her best friend left on the street of Atlanta swarmed by the undead. "If that happens I won't go back to Daryl and Cassie. Ill go forward instead. All the way around to that alley where you guys are. Whichever direction i go I got you in both places to cover me. Afterwards we'll all meet back here"

Cassie smiled at the well thought out plan her best friend had came up with "Knew you had a good plan under that baseball cap" Cassie chuckled.

"Hey what'd you do before all this?" Daryl asked Glenn obviously wondering where he gotten the skill to think up such a good plan.

"Delivered pizzas. Why?" Glenn responded clueless. Cassie sometimes wondered how he managed to think up such good plans and have great ideas when sometimes he was the most clueless person in the room.

————————
Cassie,Glenn and Daryl made their way down the ladder by the alleyway they were positioned in. The tip stopped beside a huge pin Glenn throwing off his flannel short sleeve shirt and both Cassie and Daryl getting an arrow ready.

"You got some balls for a chinaman"

"I'm Korean"
"He's Korean" Cassie and Glenn said at the same time.

"Whatever" Daryl relied clearly not caring at all.

"Good luck pizza boy" she said with a smile pulling him into a hug before he made his run.

"Don't worry nuggets I'll be careful" he reassured her as he pulled away. The two shared an special handshake they had made up while stuck in a store together before Glenn ran off to get the bag.

As they crouched behind the bin the pair heard footsteps approaching. Cassie looked to Daryl who's quietly signalled her to get ready. They then both jumped out from their hiding space at the same time weapons ready.

"Woah don't shoot me! Hey what do you want?" The young boy the had their weapons aimed at shouted scared for his life. Before Cassie could respond Daryl beat her too it.

"I'm looking for my brother. He's hurt real bad. You seen him?"

"You better answer truthfully or i swear this arrow is gonna go some place it'll hurt real bad" Cassie threatens the boy making him look even more scared.

"Ayudame!" The boy shouted.

"Shut up" Daryl shouted back knowing what would happen if they made too much noise.

"You wanna get killed by a bunch of walkers?" Cassie asked him "If not I suggest you answer the goddamn question"

However the boy just kept shouting the phrase "Ayudame" over and over irritating the duo. Tired by the boys constant screaming Daryl hit him in the face with the bottom of his crossbow causing him to fall to the ground. When he did he put his hand over the boys mouth muffling his screams.

Cassie had bent down to help him hold the boy down but before she knew it two men had run up behind them one kicking Daryl off the other throwing her off. She hit her head against something hard feeing something warm trickle down the side of her face. Ignoring it she climbed to her feet leaving her bow where it fell as she ran over to Daryl.

As the two men began to beat up Daryl Cassie began hitting them from behind as hard as she could turning one around and kneeing him where she knew it would hurt.

Glenn then appeared round the corner bag in hand at the wrong moment. The men then left the pair and ran towards Glenn. Cassie knew she should run  after Glenn but had to make sure Daryl was okay.

"You okay?" she asked taking his face on her hands. He simply nodded before point over to the guys beating up Glenn. With Daryl still clutching his side in pain Cassie thought fast grabbing his crossbow that was already loaded and hitting one of the guys right in the ass.

She laughed to herself as the man screamed jumping to her feet ready to chase after them stopping to grab her bow. But she was too late as Glenn screamed for her help he was picked up and pulled into a car that sped off.

Cassie was ready to make a run for the car and the bastards that had taken her best friend when she felt a pair of strong arms round her waist.

"Let go we need to get Glenn" she shouted yet Daryl's arms didn't budge. "I'm serious Daryl let me go"

"You ain't never gonna catch up to that car plus look around. We're surrounded by walkers ain't got a chance in hell"

He was right. Cassie knew he was so she stopped fighting against his group as he gently pulled her back in shutting the gate just in time as walkers started banging against it.

They turned around to see Rick and T-dog running towards them. Rick instantly made his way to his sister checking for her injuries.

"Are you okay we heard shouting"

"I'm fine. The shouting you can blame on him". At her words everyone looked at the boy still using on the ground as Daryl made a run for him.

Rick stopped him before he could reach the big as he shouted threats at him. T- dog kept the boy against the wall not letting him go anywhere.

"What the hell happened here"

"This little bastard and his friends took Glenn." Daryl shouted.

It was only when the word came out of Daryl's mouth did Cassie feel a tear fall from her face. She wiped it away quickly but it didn't go unnoticed by Rick or Daryl.

"They took Glenn. They took my best friend"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

314K 9.3K 104
[seasons 4 - 11 ] STRANGERS TO FAMILY, 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙬𝙖�...
719K 17.6K 72
-.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. 𝐓𝐖𝐃 | 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦; 𝘪...
60K 1.5K 55
i looked at him as a friend until i realized i loved him -#98 Daryl Dixon (2/14/24) -#35 Daryl Dixon Fanfiction (1/9/24) -#106 The Walking Dead (4/28...
18.6K 461 43
the dead rose-the world fell, but carsyn walsh rose higher. with her family at her side, she grew stronger, smarter, braver... what she didn't expect...