Notice Me, My Dearest!

By _Nyx_995

"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs... More

Characters
Chapter 01- Bai Yuan
Chapter 02-Broken Vase
Chapter 03- Curtains
Chapter 04- Rebirth
Chapter 05- Young Master Ye (1)
Chapter 06- Young Master Ye (2)
Chapter 07-Suddenly Became a Parent
Chapter 08-Finally Knowing the Situation
Chapter 09- Slowly 'Restoring' the leftover status(Edited)
Chapter 10- Meeting 'Father' for the first time
Chapter 11- Coincidentally ended up meeting a 'Cousin' on the way
Chapter 12- Mission 'General Bai' Accomplished!
VD special Side story- Chuckles
Chapter 13- A Rumor
Short Story- Invitation
Characters (2)
Chapter-14 Hunt (1)
Chapter 15- Hunt (2): The Cat in Green Hanfu
Chapter 16- Finally facing eachother
Chapter-17 Yeye's Father
Chapter-18 Unforgiveble Crime
Chapter-19 Big News
Chapter 20- Them and Their Circumstances (1)
Chapter 21- Them and Their Circumstances (2)
Chapter-22 Warm feeling
Chapter 23- Ink
Chapter 24- Rock or Paper?
Chapter 25- The Plan
Special Story (Christmas Special)
Special Story (New Year Special)
Chapter-26 Tricked
Chapter 27- The Letter and Its Sender
Chapter 29 - A bet(2)
Chapter 30-Night at Zunyi Inn
Chapter 31-Drunk and dusted
Chapter 32- Yiheng's Wedding Night
Chapter 33-The Second Grand Suite
Chapter 34- Imperial Palace of Wu Xi
Introducing the Royal Family of Wu Xi
Chapter 35-Empress Jin & the Royal Lovebirds
Chapter 36- The Princes
Chapter 37- The Princes (2)
Chapter 38- Surprise!
Chapter 39- Golden Horses
Chapter 40- A Horse Race?
Name and Relationship
Chapter 41- Tricked
Chapter 42- ༼⁠;⁠'⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽The contract!?
Chapter 43- The Banquet Night Attack
Chapter 44- Yuan is Gone
Chapter 45- Yuan sees Yuan
Chapter 46- Yuan and Song Xu
Chapter 47- Yuan left Yuan
Chapter 48- Who gets Yuan?
Chapter 49- Taste like Porridge?
Chapter 50- Back to Home
Chapter 51- Change of Events
Chapter 52- Dizzy
Chapter 53- I missed You
Chapter 54- Cleaning Home
Chapter 55- Cleaning Home 2
Chapter 56- Yeye Is Sick
Chapter 57- Yeye is Sick(2)
Chapter 58-Yeye will go to school?

Chapter 28-A bet

6.2K 347 61
By _Nyx_995

A.N: Am I late once again? WuW Gommennaasai (*inserts Anya Forger's voice) I hope you guys are doing well. Exam pressures are increasing every day and my academics are degrading instead. The stress level is making me more drained than enthusiastic to go and aim high. I don't know why I'm ranting here. But you guys take better care of me than my family, maybe that's why I feel so relaxed when I write to you.

Again sorry for the late updates. Help me find all types of mistakes in my writing, okay?

***

As soon as Bai Yuan entered the market overflowing with natives, he was awed. Everything was so different and much more lively than the life inside the Blue Sky manor in which he resided. He looked at the busy people with sparkling eyes, filled with excitement.

Ahhh~It is my first time seeing an ancient market!

His pale orange hanfu fluttered in the air as he swiftly walked inside the market, like the wings of a flapping butterfly among tree leaves. At a distance, a few men were busy decorating the streets and shops with colorful papers and lanterns. Bai Yuan went to them with curiosity and catching a man's attention asked,

"Ge, Why is the market so lively today? Anything special?"

The man was quite taken aback by being asked such sudden questions by someone so captivating. Consequently, he stammered a little and then properly replied, "A-Ah, everyone is preparing for a festival to celebrate our Emperor's victory in the battle with those barbarians!"

Bai Yuan was greatly amazed, "You guys really love your Emperor, right?"

The man proudly replied, " Of course, we do. His majesty and the late Emperor are great rulers of all time. They've always stood beside us, poor citizens. We respect them very much!"

Bai Yuan nodded and replied, "Hm Hm, his majesty is a great ruler, I see..."

Suddenly a small kid crashed into Bai Yuan while playfully running on the streets with his peers. He didn't see Yuan standing there and colluded with him. As a result, he fell back and let out a painful groan.

"Ack-"

Bai Yuan somehow controlled his balance from stumbling and asked in a concerned tone, "Ah, hey, buddy, are you alright?"

The kid stayed lying on the ground and stared at Bai Yuan for a while. Seeing him flatly lying on the streets, Bai Yuan sighed and crouched down to help him stand up.

"Are you hurt? Can you stand up?"

But the little boy who seemed to be somewhere around 10 kept looking at him like he was bounded by some kind of spell. There was a hint of red on his ears and cheeks. Bai Yuan was too busy or too careless that he didn't notice that small detail. He patted the dress of the boy and shook him by his arms, "Are you listening??"

Finally, the boy opened his mouth to speak, "I need to tell Mother that I've found my bride!"

Bai Yuan wasn't expecting such remarks from a barely 10-year-old boy who should be going to school instead of fantasizing about a marriage partner.

"...h-hold on."

The boy clasped Bai Yuan's hands with seriousness and said, "I've never seen someone as enchanting as you."

"!!!"

Hey hey, where is this kid learning such things? Where are his parents?

Seeing Bai Yuan's cringed expression, the boy again spoke, "You don't need to worry at all, my father is a famous merchant. I'll treat you like a queen! Will you marry me?"

The crowd gasped.

Bai Yuan was already losing all his calmness and with the final blow, his strings finally snapped and he burst out laughing.

"Hahaha, Oh my my. You're so small and you're proposing to me in the middle of the street. Ah, my stomach hurts from laughing so much!"

The boy was now feeling really embarrassed, he puffed his cheeks and replied with confidence, "I'm not joking at all! "

By then Bai Yuan had already stood up and he saw an adorable boy puffing his cheeks like a puffer fish. He wasn't even tall enough to reach Bai Yuan's waist yet he proposed to him like that in front of so many spectators. Poor Bai Yuan was having a hard time controlling his laugh.

"Haha, little boy, what's your name?"

The boy clutched on Bai Yuan's robe as if he had no intentions of letting him go and replied, "Wen Bin."

"Actually, Wen Bin, I am already-"

"Married and my wife is already the Queen."

Bai Yuan was cut off from his speech and felt an arm wrapping around his waist from behind, "Ah- You surprised me!"

Wang Yiheng was closely following Bai Yuan from the moment they entered the market. As a result, he heard everything the boy said, and to not have his wife stolen, he felt the extreme urge to step in and bring that enemy down, even if it was small, a threat was always a threat.

The boy seemed pretty hurt and tears streamed down his puffed cheeks, "Father! Uwaaa"

Bai Yuan, "...."

Wang Yiheng, "...."

The crowd, "...."

Soon a middle-aged man came running to the scene and screamed, "My son!"

He was about to shout at the person who caused his only child misery, "How dare-" But then as if his mouth was scotch tapped, he stopped talking. After finding his lost soul back, he stammered in his speech and fell on his knees, "G-golden eyes...The Royal family! "

Wen Bin cried, "Father!"

Wen Bin's father slapped his foolish son's head and dragged him down to kneel with him, "You fool, why did you offend the royal family? Apologize now!"

Bai Yuan exchanged some glances between the grumpy emperor who was busy tackling a 10-year-old and the pathetic duo of father and son who just realized that they had unknowingly offended the royal family.

Bai Yuan quickly waved his hand and replied in a nervous tone, "It's okay, It's okay, he is just a child. I didn't mind at all."

"I mind," Yiheng replied with a grumpy tone. Bai Yuan looked at him with sharp eyes, " I'll deal with you later. Thanks to you, our identities are exposed!"

Bai Yuan freed himself from Wang Yiheng and instead took his arm to drag him to an isolated corner. The crowd had already dismissed themselves by then.

Reaching the corner, Bai Yuan immediately Kabedon-ed Wang Yiheng. But, since Yiheng was a head taller and more muscular than him, he was having a tough time declaring his dominance.

*Kabedon-refers to a character asserting their dominance over an individual by entrapping them against the wall using their hands.

Bai Yuan clicked his tongue, "Your majesty, did you have to hurt the child like that?"

Wang Yiheng just helplessly stared at him and didn't reply. It was not like him, what was he even trying to prove by winning against some random kid? Bai Yuan was his wife, and they have an adorable son, now that he was back from the battlefield, he just had to win his wife's heart and make the culprits responsible for Bai Yuan's sufferings pay back. So why did he act so childishly? Yiheng, you fool.

Bai Yuan propped his hands on his hips and remarked, "Also, those sparkling jewel-like eyes of yours! Man, they attract so much attention! I saw some young ladies stealing glances from time to time."

Hearing so, Wang Yiheng's ears became slightly red, but, as if Bai Yuan had the leisure to notice that. He searched around and found a shop that was selling cloaks. He paid the shopkeeper for a cloak and with swift gestures, put it on Wang Yiheng.

"Now, you look good and normal."

But, catching him by surprise, Yiheng also took a cloak and covered Bai Yuan with that. He whispered in his deep voice, "They only stole glances, but someone tried to steal my wife from me in broad daylight. Also, my wife looks better in this cloak than me."

Bai Yuan's face became instantly red and he threw his fists in the air, "Whatever, whatever, why are you so talkative today? Shoo!"

Yiheng also paid the shopkeeper and followed Bai Yuan to their next destination.

***

"Wife, we should head back now. Yeye and Xu Ying are waiting."

Bai Yuan was just starting to have fun and then Wang Yiheng ruined the mood. He whined and said, "Aaa~ can't we go to the palace a day later? Let's stay here in an inn for today. I bet Yeye will have so much fun too!"

Yiheng shook his head, "You can't do that. Also, the festival is not today. It will go on for 3 days. I promise I'll take you to the festival."

"Promise?" Bai Yuan stretched his pinky finger towards Yiheng. Although he was a little bit surprised by the gesture, he promised Yuan by interlocking their fingers.

"I promise."

"I'll go back but let's just go to that one last place, please please please!" Bai Yuan bounced like a rabbit while grabbing Yiheng's hand.

Today, I discovered another side of him.

Yiheng's lips curved into a smile, but because his face was covered under the hood of the cloak, no one noticed.

Bai Yuan dragged Yiheng in front of a pawn shop. Because it was bustling with people. Bai Yuan tip-toed to catch a glimpse of what was happening inside. He also saw some frustrated men coming out of the shop. Yiheng whispered from behind, "Wife do you want to go inside?"

Bai Yuan wasn't paying much attention and replied lightly, "It's okay as long as I can see from here....ah why is this lobby so crowded!?"

"As you wish."

"Hm"

No sooner did Bai Yuan hum, he found himself in the air. "Aaa!"

To avoid falling, he tightly clasped his arms around Yiheng's neck. He hastily replied, "What are you doing? You-" Bai Yuan lowered his voice and continued, "Your majesty, put me down!"

Wang Yiheng was pragmatic, he calmly walked inside, "Look, everyone stopped pushing each other and made a path for us."

He was telling the truth, the people crowding earlier had already broken apart and cleared space for them.

"Still, I'm a grown man, it's embarrassing!"

Yiheng had to admit defeat, "Fine, stand carefully." He put Bai Yuan down and Bai Yuan stood in front of the shop owner. The owner blinked at the two strangers, dressed in black cloaks. He hurriedly spoke, "W-what do you guys want? Don't try to rob me, I'll call the guards!"

Bai Yuan removed his hood and revealed his unparalleled beauty in front of them. Not only the shop owner but also the whole crowd's jaws fell wide open. Seeing that extreme reaction, Yiheng helped Yuan put on the hood halfway, just leaving his face revealed.

Bai Yuan was amused to see a plate and some money on the table. He curiously asked the shop owner, "Mister, what's this all fuss about?"

This time the owner spoke in a sweet voice, "Distinguished guests, I've placed a bet."

"On what?"

"You see this plate and money? I'll cover the money with this plate. The challenger must take the money out without touching the plate with hands, using a stick, or breaking it."

Bai Yuan propped his hand on his chin and asked, "That's all? No rewards?"

The owner replied gaily, "Of course! I've many precious items in my shop. But since our empire won a big battle, I'm giving away one of my best collections of all time to someone worthy of having it! There is a penalty too."

Bai Yuan looked greatly interested in the bet, "Tell me. "

"The challenger must leave every penny in his pocket here if he can't take the money out within 3 attempts."

Bai Yuan thought for a while and said, "Can I use anything except hands and sticks?"

The owner gave a smug look, "Are you sure to challenge? None has won it even for once!"

Bai Yuan also gave him an arrogant smirk and replied, "We'll see. Let's see the reward first!"

The owner pulled out a small box from a drawer and placed it on the table, "Take a look."

Yiheng picked up the box and opened it, instantly something flashed in Bai Yuan's eyes. Inside the box, they discovered a round Canary Diamond.

Bai Yuan asked with disbelief, "Is it even real?"

"If you don't believe, take a hammer and try to break it."

To test the pawn shop owner, Bai Yuan picked up a hammer to break the diamond. All the spectators let out screams of disbelief. But the owner didn't even flinch.

I guess he's telling the truth.

He then turned towards Yiheng, "Give me all your money, I'm going to play this game!"

Yiheng didn't waste a single moment before handing him the huge pouch of gold coins.

"Woah, you don't care if I lose all of it?" Bai Yuan shook the heavy bag, "There is so much money inside!"

Yiheng replied in his calm usual self, "I wholeheartedly trust every action of my wife. It doesn't matter if you lose this money, I'll make more capital if needed."

Bai Yuan flung a big thumbs up to him and thought in mind, Woah such a charitable husband, he didn't even bat his eyes before giving me all the money! ..........

Hey hey, A-Yuan, get a hold of yourself. You can't forgive him easily, the original had to suffer so much for him!

Bai Yuan thanked Yiheng and then turned to face the shop owner. Both of them put down their offerings on the table and a spark ignited between their gazes.

The owner smirked, "Let's begin!"

***

I was checking the views and votes and wondering if we can hit 200K views before February start.? I always appreciate your votes and comments. So don't be stingy to shower some love(voteee) on Yuan, Yiheng, and Yeye
ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ

(Milestone:2330 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 2.4K 200
~ MDZS Alternate Universe ~ BL / yaoi 🔞 Lan Xichen, almost 28, is a lawyer, a talented one at that, who knows how to work hard, and also how to...
969K 31.5K 57
As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his disappointment, he became the villain w...
EMPRESS LIU By Desi Turtle

Historical Fiction

286K 10K 55
When Liu Changsheng came into the Emperor's household marrying the fourth Prince he had no ambition at all. He was just a fool in love. He was assaul...
2.4K 119 27
In the fifteenth year of the Chenghua Dynasty, the usurper Ning Chen finally died. The youngest left minister since the founding of the dynasty, his...