Ambivalence

By PeytonHazzard

Two teenage hot heads who despise each other for who knows what have a few run ins. With the universe constan... More

Ambivalence
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine

Two

14.7K 335 277
By PeytonHazzard

Reign walked into her house and she was terrified—by her family.

Her older brother was fighting with her younger one over the last bag of chips as her mother seemed to be cooking up some dinner...?

Damn, that's the first, in a while.

"Hello guys, I'm home." Reign announced as no one seemed to acknowledge her. "I'm here to help if anyone needs it." She spoke again but was declined from the attention.

The brunette sighed before walking upstairs and heading to her room. She thought that would be the best idea seeing as no one even cared she was there.

Reign placed her book bag on to her desk right next to her laptop as she took off her coat and then her sweater.

Winter break.

You got to love it.

Family, Christmas, joy.

3 of the best reasons for winter break but it's only good if you have all three, and without family and Joy, there's no Christmas.

Reign was starting to feel sad already. School was over, she should have been enjoying herself. Christmas was in 3 days and her mind has been so fucked up lately that she doesn't even know what to get started on.

"Rei?"

Reign looked up at her door to see her little sister holding her stuffed animal in one hand and a tub of ice cream in the other.

"Hey, Winter. What's wrong?"

"How come you didn't say hi to me? I was sitting on the couch every since I got home from school waiting for you and you didn't say anything." Winter pouted as the 5 year old made her way towards Reign's bed. "Are you mad at me?"

Reign shook her head, "of course not, I just thought that everyone was busy and that they forgot about me." Reign admits as she lifted her sister up to sit on the bed next to her.

Winter forwarded the ice cream, "I wouldn't ever forget about you, Rei." Winter smiled softly at her. "You're my big sister, and big sisters are important."

Reign moved her younger sister's hair out of the way of her shoulders and placed a small kiss at the top of her sister's head.

"That's very sweet of you to say, little sister's are important too." She paused for a moment. "Are you ready to go to dad's house?"

Winter shook her head as she looked a little sick,

"No, I wish we can stay here with mommy. I heard she's letting grandma and grandpa meet her new boo thing."

Reign raised her eyebrow, "Boo thing? Is that what she told you?"

Winter nodded her head and hummed before giving Reign a spoon.

"I just wish mommy and daddy get back together. I like her happy but family is better than anything. Separation is just plain old bad."

"Separation? When did you learn that word?" 

Winter smiled, "Today! Kindergarten is really—really hard. But I'm really smart. Mommy says so." Winter assured as she kicked her feet back and forth.

"Yeah, you are smart, mom is right."

Reign felt a wave of sadness as a memory of her childhood came to her.

Reign came home that night after her basketball game.

Her father couldn't make it but her mother went. They had some argument that morning and Reign didn't know what was happening. She was only 7.

"Go upstairs."

Reign frowned, "but mommy, you said we were going out for ice cream. I won the game and-"

"I lied. People lie all the time, get used to it."

"But mom-"

"But nothing! Be useless and run the bath water, your brothers are going to be here any moment." Her mother ran her hands through her hair.

Reign sat there as she rocked back and forth.

"Why are you still standing there?" Her mother asked her, "Stop being stupid, do what I asked."

"But I don't know how, mommy."

Her mother scoffed before pushing pass her and storming off to the bathroom as Reign plopped down on the floor causing her knee to scrape a bit.

The pain ached, but she got up and ran into the kitchen. Tears flooded her eyes as she grabbed a paper towel and ran the water to add towards the paper towel.

She turned the water off and then ran to the spot where she scraped her knee and she wiped the hardwood floor as her eye sight became blurry from the tears.

The sound of the door opening was heard as her brothers looked at her weirdly,

"What's going on?"

"I can't talk right now. She's going to be mad."

Her brother knelt down as he frowned and then stopped her from scrubbing.

"what's wrong? You're bleeding." He asked,

Reign shook her head, "just please go! Or she'll be mad at you too. I don't want you to get in trouble."

The memory flew away as fast as it came and a pain in Reign's heart was felt.

"Are you okay?" Winter asked.

Reign placed her mask over her face as she smiled. Smiled the pain away because it was always easier.

"I'm fine, go downstairs and help mommy, would you?"

Winter jumped down from the bed, "Okay, but keep the ice cream. It's to help if you're sad and I don't want you to be sad, Rei."

Reign smiled softly, "okay, I'll keep the ice cream."

Winter then turned around and skipped out of the room.

"REIGN OLIVIA MONREAL!" She heard the sound of her mother's voice as she groaned while placing her ice cream onto her desk and rushed down stairs.

Growing up with parents like this, she knew better than to take her time or let her mother repeat herself.

"Yes, ma'am?"

Her mother eyes focused on her phone, "Your grandmother wants you to go down to the diner and watch over things for an hour or two and then close up."

"May I ask why?"

Her mother looked up from her phone as everyone stopped what they were doing, "because I said so. That's why." Reign nodded and turned around to grab her things but she was stopped again. "Did I tell you that you were dismissed?"

"No, Ma'am. But dismissing your child doesn't sound right. It's as if we are your servants or-"

"That's what kids are for, isn't it?"

Winter climbed onto the chair and she started to draw a picture. "No mommy, kids are for happiness! We're supposed to make you happy and you make us happy because we are a family and families are supposed to be happy."

"Well your sister isn't doing a very good job at that right now."

Winter frowned, "No one's happy?"

"I am happy, wins, I just had a small disagreement and clearly in this household I'm always wrong."

"Damn right you are! Because who pays the bills?" Her mother asked as she stood up from her chair.

Reign's older brother then stepped in the middle of them as he gave his sister a sad smile. "Go over to the diner, I'll call you when the food is ready." He says before reign gave her mother one last look and then ran out of there as fast as she could.

-

As soon as Reign walked into the diner she heard the sound of teenagers.

She groaned as she placed her apron around her body. "Waitress bitch! Come take my order!"

Reign scoffed as she stormed up to the table. She was already going through some shit and she didn't have time for this. When she got to the table she was met with Adeline Reyes, Adeline's boyfriend and his friends. It made sense for why she had heard so much noise coming from that way.

"What would you like." Reign gritted through her teeth as she tried to be professional. This was her families shop after all.

Adeline looked up from her menu as a smirk traced along her lips. "See, I knew you were a bitch. You truly know how to obey." Her voice was a bit low but her tone stayed proper.

Reign smirked with bitterness and glanced along at the boys surrounding Adeline. "And I knew you were a slut. Did everyone just get done with running a train on you?"

The boys started laughing and giving each other a high five as Adeline's boyfriend shook his head in disbelief.

"These are my friends you idiot!" Adeline gritted through her teeth.

"Same ones that talk behind your back? Or the ones that tries to get behind it?" Reign leaned over the table as she came eye to eye with Adeline, "You are being very disrespectful in my families diner, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"No one tells me what the fuck to do!" Adeline got up from the table as she met Reign half way.

Reign tilted her head, "Aw." Reign trailed off as she looked from Adeline and then over at her Adeline's boyfriend. "I wouldn't be so sure about that, princess." Reign leaned back and her eyes shot over to the bell of the door.

"Let's go, this place is for poor people anyways." Adeline scoffed as she reached for her boyfriend hand.

"But it's funny how everything in here is worth more than your bitchy attitude."

Adeline tilted her head as she then smirked, "I don't think you want to fuck with me. I can have my father buy this bullshit and make you stand at the nearest convenience store begging for pennies."

"You're all bark and no bite." Reign turned around and walked over to the countertop as she grab her pen pad to waitress at another table but Adeline stormed up to her and glared at her. "You're in my presence? Why?"

"You say I'm all bark and no bite. But If I bite then I'm afraid I will catch something. Especially from the school's biggest hoe."

Reign nodded before stepped up from behind the counter. "From the school's biggest hoe? So, How much diseases have you gotten from yourself?"

"Let's go, Addy. This is getting boring and embarrassing." Adeline's boyfriend called out.

Reign crossed her arms. "I would listen to your boyfriend if I was you."

Adeline looked back towards her boyfriend and groaned, "Relax Jacob, I'm coming." She then turned around to reign as she grabbed 2 20's out of her pocket and placed it down on the countertop. "You may be an original but you're now a newbie. You fuck with me and I make your life a whole load of hell."

"Looking at you makes me feel just that."

Adeline nodded with a smile slowly appearing back on her lips. "Just you see, Monreal."

"I sure can't wait." Reign said unfazed before she pushed pass Adeline and walked over to take someone's order.

As the sound of bells was heard and the door's was shut, Reign sighed.

No matter the face she just put on, she knew that hell was awaiting. Adeline was the biggest bitch of the planet and her father and mother were both rich.

It was crazy how they went to the same school and how Adeline wasn't at some fancy private school but then again, Reign knew why.

People like Adeline craved to make it known that they were better than people.

Reign hated that Adeline walked around in her stupid pink fur coat with her stupid blonde wavy hair—which for some reason sat perfectly over her shoulders, and her money selling sunlight hazel eyes, and just thought it was okay. Adeline thought she was the shit and Reign hated cocky people. (Besides herself, because everyone is a little biased, right?)

Reign groaned as she realized that she had let Adeline get to her after claiming she wouldn't ever do that.

She took the tables order before walking behind the counter and taking out her phone. With 3 simple rings, she heard the voice of her best friend. "Ella, you won't believe who just walked into my grandmother's shop starting shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 945 35
in which two unstable teen girls fall in love and things don't end will.
1.1K 50 14
𝐀𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 17 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐢...
64.2K 995 27
You're the new girl. Unnoticed, nothing special but what will happen once you catch Ms. Popular's eye?...
290K 13.2K 54
You.gave.me.a.fucking.hickey??!what are you, twelve?" I yell at her because it's a huge one and not even enough make up can hide it because of my bro...