𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 & 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑...

By -CESSTIAL

❝ I FORGOT HOW MUCH OF AN ANNOYANCE YOU WERE. ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ coming back to jujutsu high to teach after th... More

INTRODUCTION
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: THE BITCH IS BACK
𝟎𝟏: GOJO THE LIAR
𝟎𝟐: EDGE OF YOUR SEAT
𝟎𝟑: SUGURU THE STALKER
𝟎𝟒: LATE-NIGHT RUN
𝟎𝟓: MEGUMI'S MUMMY ISSUES
𝟎𝟔: STRAWBERRY SANDWICH
𝟎𝟕: NOBARA, THE LOVE THERAPIST
𝟎𝟖: MARKETPLACE MELTDOWN
𝟎𝟗: -G
𝟏𝟑: SHOKOKOKO

𝟏𝟎: GOJO GENTLEMAN ERA

742 30 17
By -CESSTIAL

A big sigh leaves you when you slam your car door shut.

Friday is over!

No more children! 

The island named 'Isolation' shall accompany you for two-and-a-half days. Don't get you wrong, you love those kids to death but being a teacher is so draining. So, when the end of the week comes by, you're exhausted to your aging bone.

Nevertheless, excited.

Two-and-a-half-days of not hearing Nobara's yelling, Itadori's whining and Maki's complaining. It puts a smile on your face just thinking about the loneliness you're going to entrap yourself in.

Two-and-a-half-days to myself...and Dad.

A cute beep indicates that your car is locked and you walk towards your house with your handbag, binders and house keys. Before you can fumble over to find the right key in the company of numerous keys, it opens itself with a loud creak.

"Hi, D―"

Your binders are taken off of you and the man rushes inside like he's gotten a serious case of rabies. Cracking up laughing, you start taking off your shoes due to the sudden hand space, "Did you get rabies?"

"No, even worse."

The laughter halts, "Dad, what's going on?"

For once, he's answering your satire questions.

Something is up.

"Just...I don't feel too well," he explains, placing the pastel binders on the foyer table.

You gasp. He's still in his pyjamas like you left him in this morning. His hair is tousled into a bird's nest and his eyebags overpower his emerald eyes―it's like he rose from the grave. He said something about not feeling too well earlier but didn't look that bad in the morning.

What took over your father in the course of six hours?

"Aw, what happened?"

"I don't know...it doesn't matter, I'm going to the doctor later. There's something more important," he voices, going an octave lower.

Usually, you're able to sense trouble from miles away but this time, it's right in front of you, screaming at you and you don't feel the slightest fear crawl into your body.

You're a little sceptical of this behaviour though, he's not looking into your eyes. He doesn't act this strange when he's sick. He's normally just watching TV or groaning about how old age is getting the better of him.

"There was this sorcerer event I was meant to attend tonight and I told them that you were going to go instead of me," he explains.

You furrow your eyebrows, "That's fine...why are you acting so strange though?"

"With Gojo."

My heart catches in the middle of a beat, "W-What?!"

"I'm sorry, dear! I tried not to, but I felt really bad about it and Gojo, he..."

Your father lets out a sigh.

Of course, he did. Of course, he fucking did.

"He blackmailed you, that little shit. What did he say?" you rage in spite, almost throwing your keys on the nearby table.

Your father avoids eye contact yet again.

Deciding not to prod further, you complain instead to make it look like you're not looking for an answer anymore, "Why me?!"

Although you didn't know what Gojo would use against a man so brilliant? Had Gojo caught him slipping?

A man like Gojo would find someone's darkest secret easily but your father?

"T-Think about it this way. At least the acceptance of my apology will be given in tenfold now that Gojo is going in my place." your father blurts.

"You mean me. I'm going in your place, Dad." you deadpan.

"Yes, you..."

You stare at him.

He grins fakely in return.

Now he's got you curious about what Gojo used on him to make your father his little dog.

"Okay, old fart, I'm gonna get ready. I'll tell Gojo I'll meet him there."

It's mainly old men.

You've been walking around, greeting everyone who you knew and didn't know for fifteen minutes and they're all basically old men peering down your cleavage and asking who sent you here. You're disgusted but not surprised. It's the daily dealings of a woman. You admit there's this driving urge to hurt them but it's beside you now. You're more focused on the event itself.

It's hosted splendidly. The decorations are the epitome of delicacy―from the ghost-white tablecloths and the ruby carpet rolled from the entrance of the hall to the tippy top of the stage where announcements would be made later tonight.

Before going to sit down, you were whipped into conversations left and right and you wonder what you did to receive this attention. It seems that your 'going to Paris to learn more about your anomalous powers' spread like an Australian bushfire throughout these influential sorcerers.

They were not letting you go. Eventually, you pulled a half-assed excuse out of you to leave the group of creepy men and you were free to go find your seat when a familiar voice calls for you.

As much as you don't want to turn around, your body naturally gravitates towards it.

You wish you didn't.

"You look like a..." 

Your voice hitches in your throat.

Satoru Gojo, clad in probably the most expensive suit you've seen and you lived in Paris. Furthermore, his hair is down and his blindfold is off...

"A stud?"

"In your dreams." you taunt, heeling around and trying to walk away.

You were not expecting that tonight and it didn't seem that several women were either because they could be any more obvious with their whisperings. 

"Wait!" Gojo calls and you hear scampering behind you before he appears beside you, offering you an arm. You stare at it, hoping that's not what he meant, "We came together."

"Hm...I guess I have no choice."

You link arms with Gojo and he sighs in relief.

"Don't do that," you comment, slightly disgusted at how easily he was maneuvered by your actions.

Is it because it's showing the effect I have on him? Is it swaying me?

No. I must stay level-headed.

"Why not? I have the most beautiful woman on my arm. By the way, did I tell you how stunning you look tonight?"

Your heart skips a beat as he grins all toothy and childlike like he's used the best pickup line in the world and swooned the most hellacious rock.

"Save it for someone who cares," you reply, searching around for the place cards which have your names etched on them.

"Oh, we're not going to be at the back," Gojo speaks up.

You furrow your eyebrows, "What?"

"Did you forget that your date is literally me?! We're at the front," he explains, peering down at you with those depleted crystals for eyes, "Come on!"

"Of course we are," I say, letting him drag me to the front.

This is going to be one long night.

One long fucking night, which is why I decide to grab a champagne served on a silver platter by a handsome waiter on my way to a harrowing night.

GOJO'S POV

I've forgotten that Y/N's not the best drinker.

However, I can't help but admire her. Yes, she's currently yelling at the waiter that has been serving her the same coral champagne but little details are dragged to my attention.

For example, the way that vein is popping against her s/c neck and the contrast of it with the elegance of her white, pendulous earrings. A feisty being dressed in a silky dress―she's contradicting herself constantly and I feel like I'm the only one who sees it. Y/N, who continuously tries to be level-headed, builds steel walls around herself and protects herself from being hurt by the arms of love and runs away from me makes me want to chase her more.

To put it simply, I'm enamoured by her.

"No! Because of you, I am sad!" she pouts, folding her arms.

I snap out of it, realising that many sorcerers are beginning to stare at us.

The man looks at me with eyes that plead for the big Satoru Gojo to save him. I cannot let my man be destroyed. I wave him off nicely, muttering an apology.

"Y/N," I try holding her hand but she's a stubborn mule, even more so stubborn than before.

"Let me go, Gojo! I hate you! I wanted to spend my weekend alone but now, I'm dragged into this stupid mess because of my stupid father and now, I'm stupid...stupid confused! It's all your fault."

As much as I want to tell her to lower her voice, a little curious cat whispers its teachings into my ears, "Why would I make you confused, Y/N?"

She looks at me, tears at the brim of her eyes, "Because you—"

"It's time!" a voice calls.

Everyone's attention is directed to the stage.

A woman stands with cue cards and a microphone and I curse my ancestors for the horrible timing. 

I have to pay attention now.

"You know what time it is!" the woman yells onstage, "That's right! It's me, Neon Nostrade, here to announce this year's Sorcerer Awards!"

I hate these.

That's why I never attend these events.

Every year I get an invitation but I never go.

Neon begins listing out every award with her helpers, I think she said their names were Melody and Kurapika but I'm not quite in the mood to remember as I'm keeping an eye on Y/N.

There's a difference in the wavelength of her behaviour.

She's seemingly staring into a void.

It's like I'm entering one by just staring at her.

"The Best Sorcerer Award this year goes to none other than Satoru Gojo, who I've heard is actually here tonight! Let's give him a round of applause!"

I gulp.

Seriously?

A pat on the back from a nearby, apparently important sorcerer trips me out of my daze as I stand up, preparing a dazzling grin for the audience that surrounds me and congratulates me. I climb up the stage, looking down to see Y/N staring at me and then, it's like something clicked.

She starts screaming and cheering for me.

 It touches my heart.

Had I been that attention deficit from her?

Maybe.

But it was worth it.

I think it's one of the first times I've ever seen her smile at me.

"Thank you," I nod at Neon.

She's smiling ear-to-ear, almost robotically.

I take it as my sign to leave so I go back down the stairs to my seat. I'm not free when Y/N pulls me into a sudden hug.

"You did so well! I'm so proud of you, Gojo! You're the best sorcerer ever!"

It's like the roles are reversed because all I can muster is a small smile, "Thanks, Y/N..."

I don't want her to get all excited and stir up extra attention. I can already feel the higher-up sorcerers staring me down. The award I took wasn't supposed to be for me. Hell, I'm not even supposed to be here right now because of how much they hate me.

I need to find a reason to leave, I think as I push her away from me. It's like she's squeezing out my intestines.

I set the little trophy down, trying to think of an out of the ceremony.

"The next award goes to a talented female this time! Give it up for Y/N Nanami for the Best New Sorcereress!" Neon announces.

Polite applause follows.

Y/N is still sitting.

"Y/N, they called out your name!" I let her know, tapping her shoulder.

She turns to me, wide-eyed, "Me?!"

"Yes!"

She jumps up and ambles to the stage.

I don't know what Nanami is going to say about all of this but I have a feeling he's going to think he should've sucked up that little cold and came to the event himself.

Neon gives Y/N her award, obviously noting her strange gaze.

Then, she does it.

Y/N snatches the microphone off Neon, one hand scarcely holding the trophy. The crowd goes into a thick tension, "Th-thank you all for voting me for this piece of metal! I'm gonna go home and put with my Le-legos! And thank you, Dad for adopting me, like, I don't know what I would've done without you and―oh my God, your hair is, like, so blue. Can I eat it―"

That's my out.

I walk speedily onto the stage as Neon stares, frightened.

"Sorry about that..." I chuckle, "Had too much to drink, I think. I'll be taking her home now. Thank you for your time."

"No, Gojo! I haven't finished my speech!" Y/N yells into the microphone.

I place the microphone back and drag Y/N by the arm, down the red carpet of the stage.

"Sorry!" I exclaim, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her down the red carpet, towards the exit where even the security guards don't hide their embarrassment.

I, for some reason, don't feel embarrassed.

This is my favourite memory with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 11.4K 29
𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑨𝑼 𝐅𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨...
7.2K 207 13
All these times, Fushiguro Megumi couldn't understand why people speak and preach about love making the world go around when it was just a bunch of B...
74.7K 2.4K 15
❛❛ 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨 𝙬𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙚, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚 ❜❜ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝⇢[l/n] [y...