𝟎𝟐: EDGE OF YOUR SEAT

GOJO POV

"I wanna go back to classes sooo bad, sensei," Itadori cries. "Please! Let me go back!"

There are almost tears in his eyes. I should be feeling bad, however, I can't bring myself to feel the slightest remorse for him. Especially after he's asked too many times. I understand his desperation but his safety is more important than anything at this moment.

"The answer is no, Itadori," I say with finality.

"Noooo!" he screams, falling back onto the couch in more distress.

He's such a brat, no wonder he's able to endure Sukuna. Sukuna must get tired too.

"If you keep whining, I'll make sure you're actually six feet under the ground," I affirm.

He grunts like the moody teenager he is and holds a cushion to his chest, attempting to get rid of his emotions more healthily.

Well, more like staring at the ceiling morbidly.

I don't know how much longer I can babysit him.

"He's alive?!" a piercing shout comes from the doorway and instantly, panic sinks in.

Not because someone has found out that Itadori is alive but because her outfit is so cute today. It adds to this luminous aura I can't explain.

"Who's this? Your girlfriend?" Itadori asks me, unimpressed.

"He wishes." she snorts. "I'm Y/N. You must be Itadori and...somehow alive."

"Yeah, that's me. The boy who's dead." he sighs and he goes back to staring.

Y/N's eyes are full of questions towards me, the sparkle of curiosity causing a smile on my lips. She exhales though, "I'm sure you have your reasons."

Her trust pleases me.

"Why are you here so early in the morning? Missed me already?" I ask her.

There she goes, her go-to glare. Only if she could see herself from my perspective.

"Because you have my timetable, idiot."

"You have to give me something first." I negotiate, finding the opportunity to do so.

She walks over to my table and pulls her empty hand out, "I don't have time for this, Gojo."

I shake my head and point to my cheek, hoping she knows exactly what I want. I get a punch on my arm in response. A weak one surely but I act as if it impacted me.

"Ow! I already emailed it to you last night. You're with the second-years til noon, teaching 'em combat." I blabber.

She finally releases her glare.

There's silence for a few seconds as she stares into my eyes, her hands on the table. 

If only she could hear my heart beating wildly. I'm barely holding my composure for this woman.

"I expect more obedience from you in the future, Satoru."

She turns around and leaves, not forgetting to slam the door for Itadori to wake from his trance again.

"Yikes. She really hates you."

"She does not!"

Y/N POV

"It's honestly really nice to have a class on my own instead of sharing one with Gojo," you tell the second-years after the combat lesson, "What were you even doing while I wasn't there?"

They swiftly look at each other, clearly hiding something from the adult. You quickly catch on and laugh.

"Skipping?"

"Well...we didn't know what to do..." Maki began.

"It's written in the rules that if a teacher doesn't show up within fifteen minutes, you're free to leave."

"Seaweed?!"

"Yeah, you didn't know?" Panda asks an alarmed Inumaki.

Inumaki shakes his head aggressively as if the news has caused a revelation.

"Y/NNNNNNNNN~!"

You deadpan. Where's the nearest cliff?

The children look behind you as embarrassment sinks deeply into your stomach. He is going to be the end of you―him and his stupid, undying love. 

"Don't look back at him," you say and check your wristwatch.

He sounds like he's far away, he'll take some time.

"It's better not to give him attention," you add.

"I think he has hope regardless," Maki says blankly, looking back at a, you're assuming, skipping Gojo.

"Tuna tuna."

Panda sighs, "He talks about you nonstop since the news of you teaching here came out."

You don't know why you're staring at Panda when he says that. He was stating the obvious but you're amazed at the determination Gojo has.

He's actually crazy.

The realisation of this insanity causes you to lose footing on a pebble beneath your feet that should've been paid attention to on a closer basis. You are falling from a distant perspective when a hand catches your lower back.

"I was calling you for so l―"

You swerve, kicking upright...only to be met with air.

Gojo had dodged your kick.

"Don't think I don't have your combatting technique stored in my brain, Y/N."

He has the audacity to smile.

You seethe through your teeth and punch him on the arm. 

His toothy grin doesn't fade.

"It's lunchtime now. I'll see you guys back here in an hour!"

They share a glance before leaving. The whole walk away is awkward and you don't drop a word until they're out of earshot so you can deal with Gojo. You don't want to but you can't just walk away. It's never that easy.

"What do you want?"

He lifts up a brown bag and a cardboard cup holder with two drinks.

"Let's eat together," he says.

"You won't leave me alone?"

He shakes his head.

You sigh and nod.

"That's the spirit. Let's go!" he cheers and walks to the bleachers.

You stare at the back of his head. What if you murdered him right now? No one would know. You're in a grassy field, filled with green.

He's the most powerful sorcerer. I doubt he'd be easy to murder.

Gojo has eyes at the back of his head.

He's insane, you reiterate to yourself.

He sits on the second row of the bleachers and puts the food beside him. You sit uncomfortably on the edge of your seat. Even if you can't see his eyes, his stare is prominent.

He's always watching. 

You don't know how to take it.

"Why won't you ever leave me alone?"

"I told you, I like you. A lot," he replies instantly like he's some interactive stuffed toy.

You sip on your drink, not responding.

What can you even say that?