𝟎𝟓: MEGUMI'S MUMMY ISSUES

As you imagined, the next day was tiring.

After encountering the special grade and thinking about Gojo's actions, you are at a loss and your brain: fried.

The day is being dragged, you thought. The thought was honestly more of a longing to get back home and sleep the day away. You were not one to be irresponsible but a nap would be responsible of you to do; you were about to fall asleep any second.

So when lunchtime comes around, you are the first to dash out of the classroom, leaving the second-years behind with queries from the lesson. The reminder of being incompetent follows you as you stride quickly down the hallway. You can't answer their questions, not even when you can't answer your body's basic necessities.

You couldn't possibly wait until after school to take a nap, you had to do it now or you were going to knock out any second now.

Entering the staff room, you decided to make a cup of tea. Not only were you tired but you ran out of the house this morning with a chasing father trying to feed you your breakfast. You were out of the house without even saying goodbye.

You don't even realise you're missing the door of the higher cabinet a few times until a feathery feeling meets your hand.

At first, you assume it's a bug and try to investigate but then, you see a pale hand latching onto your hand.

It's not that different from a bug.

"Should've called in sick," Gojo articulates.

You jump in your skin, realising how close his voice is.

He's directly behind you.

"What are you trying to do now?" you annoyedly ask as his other hand holds the bench top, easily cornering you.

You don't dare turn around, body frigid and warm.

"Just helping. It would be a shame if the mug accidentally hit your head."

You sigh deeply.

As much as he did come to your rescue last night, the one person who would not leave your mind from the encounter was Gojo. For some odd reason, last night was used to rekindle old memories instead of restoring your energy. Of course, this would mean...but surely not.

"Can you move―"

"Y/N! I have a question!"

A large creak followed by heavy footsteps immediately catches your attention. With all your mighty strength, you push the lanky man away.

Only to meet Nobara's widened eyes as she hastily scans Gojo and yourself.

She looks around the room like she's solving a murder mystery. As a girl who's heavily interested in K-Dramas, you get the gist of what's running around in her head.

She crosses her arm and smiles slowly.

You don't even look at Gojo, afraid that you'd look more embarrassed.

"What's going on here?"

"Nothing. What was your question?"  you deny, walking towards the girl.

She doesn't let her guard down nor does she pry further―this scares you more. Who knows the endless possibilities within the teenage girl's mind? It is vast in there.

Nobara opens her textbook and points to a question, explaining her confusion. You easily take her through the problem and before you knew it, she was out of the staff room.

Relief washes over you until you remember Gojo.

You turn around and he has the audacity to smirk at you.