𝟎𝟑: SUGURU THE STALKER

You're being tailed.

You could feel it as soon as you exited the grocery store. Despite the grocery store being in the middle of the metropolis during the rush hour, you were able to single out one person―someone with more of a sinister presence.

You continue walking down the busy pathway with your bags of groceries, seeing if you would still be followed.

The presence is all too familiar. You've met this sinister presence before. Such dark energy cannot be ignored.

You sneakily enter a dark alley beside you, knowing whatever it is would follow you. You place the bags of groceries on the musty ground, preparing yourself for action, mentally and physically.

Someone turns around the corner into the dark alleyway.

"You've always failed to hide your presence from me, Geto."

"I just wanted to pay my favourite teacher a visit." he chuckles.

As you went to Kyoto Jujutsu High for high school, you faced each other each year for the exchange event. Naturally, you were enemies. You thought there was always something deeper than his attention to you but you weren't allowed to speak to him directly at exchange events, being defended by your upperclassmen. There was just an aura about him, strong and extremely dangerous. 

"By stalking me?"

"Hey, if it works, it works," he shrugs, "How's my little Fireball doing?"

You've had enough of this.

You pick up your grocery bags and send him a glare, "I'm not doing this and I'm leaving. Without you."

"Haven't you always found it hard to resist me?" he cunningly asks.

Pfft, as if.

"Oh, yeah? Watch." you challenge, walking right by his tall figure.

Back into the sunny world, you are but his menacing laugh follows you.

"You should smile more, sweetheart! It looks better on you!"

"I'm home...! Oh, no."

Your face immediately drops at the sight of Gojo in the living room.

"Y/N! We were just talking about you!"

"This wasn't my idea, I'm sorry for intruding on your free time like this," Megumi says from the corner.

Your heart softens at Megumi's apology, "Don't worry about it. I'm glad you're here."

"Y/N, are you cooking? I can help."

"No, it's fine. I got it―"

"I insist!" Gojo interrupts.

You were not in the mood for arguing after what went down with Geto earlier. You walked into the kitchen and understood that a jumping, head-over-heels Gojo was following.

You began unpacking the groceries as Gojo washes his hands, humming to himself as he does. Does he think life is all so happy-go-lucky?

No, because he can't have me.

"What are we making?" he asks, picking up the carton of eggs. "Ramen?!"

"Well, yeah. That's what it was supposed to be. Just ramen for my Dad and I, but I think we should make something else." you noted.

No matter how much you wanted to kick Gojo in the ass, you were still on top of your hospitality game. Ramen is too simple for guests and guests that you normally accommodated.

"Ramen is fine." he sung, "I'd do anything for your ramen."

You stare at him.

He stares back with a wide, tight-lipped smile.

"Less flirting, more cooking. Boil the eggs." you snap.

In a few minutes, Gojo was boiling the eggs and you were cutting the necessary vegetables for the ramen. However, the interaction with Geto wouldn't leave your mind. You were constantly in awe that he has the audacity to talk to you.

You have nothing to discuss in the first place.

At the exchange event, he continuously targeted you. You didn't understand why either because you weren't weak and neither were you strong. Just average. You have a highly-evidential idea that he may have an interest in you but you are clueless about how deep it runs. Is he obsessed with you? 

There is only one person to ask.

"Is there something bothering you, Y/N?" Gojo asks when you're about to open your mouth.

You look up slowly.

Can he read your mind or something?

"Why?"

"You look dull," he answers, tilting his head to the side as he examines your face.

"I saw Geto on my way back."

There's a silence that passes between the two of you. You respect it, knowing they've been best friends for years.

"I'm sorry. It seems like he hasn't changed." Gojo finally says.

He feels responsible. You can tell by the sudden drop of an octave in his voice.

"Gojo," you burst out. "Why do you feel responsible for something that isn't your fault? You didn't cause this."

Gojo pauses, "I know...but it's really nothing you should worry about. It's just high school drama."

A sharp pain earths from your finger and you flinch. Red oozes from a slit at the top of your finger.

"Shit, get me the first aid kit!" 

You needed to get the truth out of Gojo somehow. What was going on between the two in relation to you? Of course, you had the slightest premonition of what it may be but why won't Gojo tell you?

What is he trying to protect?