These Violent Acts → House o...

By scmmander

They would bow. She would make them bow. (House of the Dragon) (OC x OC) (OC x Aemond) (OC x Jacaerys) (OC x... More

These Violent Acts
ACT 1.
001. Gods Save The King
002. Gods Are Cruel
003. Between Gods and Men
004. The Movements of a Dragon
005. A Damning Letter
006. A Tully Celebration
007. A Lannister Mystery
008. Murder, She Wrote
009. The Baratheons
010. The Great Stag
012. A Great Ball
013. Lords and Ladies A Plenty
014. Potential Suitors
015. What's a Party Without a Little Blood?
016. The Passing Of Time
017. The Older Sister Befalls the Fate Of Mother
018. The Two Old Friends, Scheming and Manipulation
019. Moves And Countermoves
020. The Semi-insane and semi-responsible
021. The Art Of The Lie
022. What's a Wedding Without a Bit Of Death?
ACT 2.
023. A sweet return
022. An Expedition For The Ages
023. The Pride of Kings Landing
024. Dealing with Old Lovers
025. Clear-headed
026. Love Never Lost
027. Driftmark
028. Aemond Targaryen

011. The Unexpected Expected Visitor

1.1K 52 8
By scmmander

"Do they just give you free rein?" 

Naenya closed the book that was resting on her legs, not sparing a glance at Elden as he entered the library. Elden Baratheon was cloaked in the same charisma that seemed to attach itself to the boy upon birth and had yet to let go. Given the opportunity, Naenya would perform an exorcism. 

"They tried to lock me up once before," Elden grinned at her, walking towards a nearby table, "I bit the Maester,"

Elden held stray pieces of paper in one hand and a leather-bound book in the other, placing both down on the table as Naenya gave a sarcastic laugh.

To her surprise, Elden didn't try to move towards her or gain her attention. Instead, he simply sat down at the table and began sliding his quill over the paper found within the book. To an even greater surprise, Naenya found Elden's acting even more vexing than when he constantly spoke to her and gave sly comments with a charismatic grin. 

Naenya let out a heavy sigh, not wishing for Elden to win in every regard possible and instead tried to focus on her book. It was a book detailing the First Men and how they came to Westeros, though she struggled to remember specific parts with Elden's presence in the corner. 

After reading the same page about five times, she finally slammed her book shut with a huff. 

"What are you playing at?" Naenya hissed, glaring at Elden. 

Elden turned his head towards her, throwing his hands up in mock surrender. 

"This is my house, you know? I am allowed to use the rooms I've used since birth," Elden replied with a lazy smile, twirling the quill between his fingers, "I had claims to this library far before you did,"

Naenya's lips pressed together as she promptly stood up, turned away from the Baratheon boy, and focused her attention on the bookcase in front of her. 

Glancing up at the roof, she realised she hadn't even finished the book she was originally reading. She couldn't sit back down and continue reading it, however. That would be far too embarrassing in the presence of Elden. She'd just have to start a new book and read the old book in the privacy of her room ,so no one knew of her accident. 

Pressing her lips together, she scanned the contents of the shelf. Realising she had chosen a bookcase full of the Baratheon histories she did her best to contain her frustrated huff. Snatching a book off the shelf, she stalked across the room to make space between herself and Elden before sitting down and opening the book quickly. 

"Interested in our histories, are you?" Elden smirked, his head tipped back slightly as he watched her from behind him, "I'm sure my father would love to tell you all about it. Though I'm a far better storyteller, prettier too"

.The rain that had been pelting against the roof of Storms End had quietened to a pleasant gentle rhythmic sound, joining the softer crackling of the fireplace before them. It had yet to be so calm and quiet within the castle walls, finally allowing Naenya's thoughts some silence to herself. 

Glancing at Elden, she had little idea how such a well-spoken, though incredibly cocky, and smart man could be made in such a cluttered place. With the storms that raged around, Naenya was surprised Elden could train his brain so carefully, let alone hear his own thoughts. Naenya knew that the boy had charisma and charm, a trait not all could easily learn and curate. She just wished he used his charm and pretty looks to respect her instead of arrogantly flirting with her. 

Naenya heaved a sigh and snapped the book closed, shaking her head. 

"Why is it you must disrespect me so?" Naenya asked, her voice tired. 

Elden tilted his head, a look other than pure confidence flickering across his face. For the first time since she had met the boy, she saw genuine confusion cloud his eyes. 

"What makes you think I hold any sort of disrespect or disdain for you?"

Elden studied Naenya's face intently, the paper he was scratching marks onto left forgotten as he fully turned towards her. 

"Is it not true?" Naenya rubbed her tired eyes with her hands, "You have shown me no sort of respect since we met, incessantly flirting with me as though I am not to be Queen. Not to be respected,"

"I respect you a great deal," Elden's voice was matter-of-fact, as though it was the most obvious thing in existence, "I have heard stories of you for a long time. From your ability to tame the untamable Cannibal to your smarts and logic,"

Naenya watched Elden, he seemed genuinely taken aback by the comment Naenya had made. 

"When you anger, I wonder if you will breathe fire towards those who anger you. When you are sad, I wonder if you have control of the clouds because they seem to darken for you," Elden said, picking up his paper, "And when you laugh, it is as though the sky has opened up,"

Naenya's brow furrowed, waiting for some sort of laughter to break from Elden Baratheon as he revealed his grand jest. It never came, however, and Elden instead rose from his seat and made his way over to her. 

"I have great respect for the future Queen. I imagine she will bring years of great prosperity," Elden said plainly, placing the paper in her hands, "And I, unfortunately, wish to help her in her success. For she is everything I admire and wish to worship,"

Naenya watched Elden closely as he turned away from her and out of the library. The soft pattering of rain had been replaced by a more aggressive storm. The screams of wind lashing against the tower were only silenced by the monstrous thunder that began to roll through as Naenya continued to stare at the door long after Elden had disappeared and likely fallen asleep. 

It was only the blinding strike of lightning outside the window that pulled Naenya out of her trance, finally allowing her eyes to flicker down towards the small paper in her hands. It was a drawing of her. She'd never looked so beautiful before. Her chin was lifted, almost defiantly, towards the heavens. Her eyes were determined, her cheek spattered with blood, and the sword clenched in her hand, dripping with that very same liquid. 

What bewitched her most, however, was the crown of King Jaehaerys gleaming proudly on her head. The same crown her father was ruling over the Seven Kingdoms with. She was wearing it. The crown so clearly belonged to her in the drawing. It was hard to think a son could ever wear it as well as she did. 

She was a Queen in his drawing. 

Author typing...

Elden went left last chapter and went straight to his drawing board on how to flirt with girls. He's fixed up some tweaks. 

Last chapter of her touring the houses! Next Chapter, back at Dragonstone!!

I was trying to proof read this chapter and use grammarly to fix some stuff up but my grammarly spazzed out so I'm not sure how well this is edited rip. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 14.4K 41
* ੈ✩‧₊˚ -ˏˋ. 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣 ˊˎ- 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙎𝙏𝘽𝙊𝙍𝙉 𝘿𝘼𝙐𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀...
354 29 4
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ "you are not thrown into the fire, you are the fire." ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛ ▬▬▬▬▬❈▬▬▬▬▬❈▬▬▬▬▬❈▬▬▬▬▬ °˖➴ Since Th...
15.8K 257 30
Fire is always dangerous And ice is perhaps even more so Her flames were one of winter, cold and icy Their flames were one of summer, all heat and...