the placebo effect ✘ jaywon

By HVNLYWON

Med student Jungwon and culinary student Jay disregard their boiling hate for each other when they find that... More

1: THE MOTIVE
2: DESPERATE MEASURES
3: FAKE IT
4: BOUND TO ...
6: SURPRISE!
7: FIRST SLEEPOVER
8: HISTORY
9: BOYFRIEND
10: COME ON, BARBIE
11: YOU AGAIN?!
12: MAYBE
13: SHIFTED
14: TURN TABLES
15: KISS
16: CLUELESS
17: BAND-AID
18: ROMANCE
19: STAY
20: RIGHT HERE
21: BREAKUP
22: FADE
23: BACK HOME

5: LOOSENING UP

1.9K 119 141
By HVNLYWON

Sunghoon and Sunoo are both too obvious of the fact that they're enjoying setting Jaywon up. Jay and Jungwon both know this, but knowing that it will help them a lot to convince other people that they're "dating", it doesn't quite matter to them how enthusiastic their mentors are.

Now, the two are alone. Sunghoon says they need to work on their chemistry so the couple left them, and Sunoo told them to ask each other questions. To know each other better, they say, since you can't really act like an actual couple if you know zero facts about the other person.

It's been half an hour that the two were together munching on some chips, asking each other questions and Jungwon now knows more about Jay than how he imagined he would before the whole fake dating agenda. Surprisingly enough, they didn't clash like how they normally would.

"Okay. Your turn to ask me," Jay leans on the soft cushion, looking at Jungwon with arms crossed.

"Mmm. Well, do you have any pets?"

Jay exhales, "unfortunately no. Never had any. My parents were busy most of the time so there was no one to look after a pet. I wasn't too interested, either. But honestly, I think I would vibe with a cat."

"So you're a cat person?" Jungwon asks curiously.

"Wellll you can say that. Ironic though, since I'm allergic to cats. But I find them really cute."

"Huh," Jungwon blinks, "I guess we do share some similarities after all."

"So you're a cat person?" Jay returns the question.

"I adore cats although I have a dog, Maeumi. But I'm also allergic to them, like you."

"You're allergic to cats too?" Jay laughs out loud, staring at Jungwon's face. "It's fate," he teases.

"That's literally the only thing we have in common," Jungwon says with no bite, a tinge of humor in his tone, and his dimples showing by the second.

"Hey now! Don't get too ahead of yourself, maybe we're more similar than you think," Jay teases even more.

"Pffft, whatever. Okay, next question!" It wasn't as terrible as Jungwon thought it would be, to hang out with Jay like this. He learns a couple more things, like their hobbies and the things they like and dislike. Not too far from then, Sunoo and Sunghoon give each other a high-five at how things are going well- for now, at least.

jungwon
hello i bought a facial mask from the convenience store nearby and i just got to the dorm with sunoo-hyung

jungwon
he wanted to watch a movie with me but i'm honestly really sleepy rn so i think i will just do my skincare and sleep

annoying mf
okay?

annoying mf
why are you telling me this i literally do not care

jungwon
sunoo-hyung says it's a good exercise to update you regularly so we'd be more natural with the whole mission

annoying mf
oh

annoying mf
well should i do the same???

jungwon
idk ☠️ but i wouldn't care anyway

annoying mf
k well i just showered literally

annoying mf

jungwon
....... why did you send me a dick pic

annoying mf
???????

annoying mf
OH

annoying mf
WTF ☠️☠️☠️

annoying mf
that's witty ngl BUT SCREW U YANG

jungwon
admit it you giggled a little

annoying mf
my heart dropped when you texted that but when i realized, i do admit it's a little funny

jungwon
😭 you know what that shirt reminds me of

jungwon
this

jungwon

annoying mf
now what the hell do you do with that pic? like why do you have that?

jungwon
i burn that picture during my rituals to bring you bad luck

annoying mf
NAAAAHHHHAHAHHHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAAH 😭 you're actually pretty lowkey funny PFFFT

annoying mf
no but seriously where did you get that

annoying mf
shit, you like me don't you yang?

jungwon
dumbass

jungwon
you literally posted that throwback picture of you today on your story

jungwon
you have no shame i swear no one can torture my old pictures out of me

annoying mf
you can't be saying that when your old instagram account is out in the open with the username yang_jungwon12345

jungwon
I THOUGHT PEOPLE WHO KNEW ME BACK THEN WOULD ALREADY FORGET THAT

annoying mf
no sweetie it literally shows up when we type your name 🙁

jungwon
i can't remember the password for that damn it

annoying mf
SUCKERR

annoying mf

jungwon
aw i actually look cute there

annoying mf
cute for you huh? but look closely. see that? that's the face of the kid who high-punched me in the face.

annoying mf
then almost roundhouse kicked me too but i dodged it

jungwon
so disappointing how i missed that hit

annoying mf
YOU LITTLE SHIT

jungwon
what 🤷🏻‍♂️

jungwon
what are you gonna do about it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

annoying mf
honestly sucks for you though because now you're dating me

jungwon
IT IS A PLACEBO it is fake

annoying mf
still 🤷🏻 fake-dating or not, the word is still there

annoying mf
now everyone's gonna know we're "together"

jungwon
you're making me rethink my decisions

annoying mf
trust me it's the best decision of your life

jungwon
cocky

annoying mf
HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

annoying mf
okay i gtg goodnight boyfriend 😘

jungwon
night bf 🥺🥺🥺🥺❤️❤️❤️ uwu uwu uwu OWO uwu 🥺❤️👉👈

annoying mf
🥺💯🔥

"The next step," Sunoo says the next day when they met up again, outside Sunwon's dorm this time. "Physical touch. You guys gotta have chemistry with actions that people usually see in a couple."

"So you two are already aware that we're going on a double date, and today, we need the two of you to act your asses off as, and I quote, 'boyfriends.' Today is going to be your first and hopefully last lesson with the physical touching, so listen attentively, okay class?"

"Yes teacher," Jungwon and Jay monotonously say in unison.

"Great! Let's go!" Sunoo clings onto Sunghoon, and with that, their double date starts.

They first arrive at an amusement park. Jungwon's excited to go on rides but he then hears Sunoo tell Jay and him to hold hands. "Isn't it going to be awkward?" Jay sighs aloud.

Sunghoon begins his amazing teachings. "That's literally the whole point of why we're teaching the both of you. Now, hold hands! The trick to make it natural is that you shouldn't pay too much attention to it. It just happens naturally, and act like how you'd normally act, but just holding someone."

"Okay. I'm just going to pretend Jungwon is a kid and I am his mom, I don't want him to be lost," Jay holds Jungwon's wrist firmly and Jungwon smacks his shoulder.

"Act like my boyfriend, not my mom!" Jungwon scolds and then makes Jay let go of his wrist. "Like this," he gently holds Jay's hand, giving it a light squeeze before making his grip loose enough to feel comfortable, but not too loose that it'd feel empty.

"Ohooo, that's perfect," Sunghoon praises him, "take note, Jay. And for today's lesson, try not to let go of each other's hands."

"Yeah, whatever," Jay scratches his head with his free hand and gives Jungwon's hand a light squeeze back as if communicating with him without the use of words.

Sunoo and Sunghoon told them to act as if they weren't there now, that they go on rides and buy some snacks though the couple will be observing from time to time to give some comments. Jungwon snorts at this, the two are acting like actual teachers grading their students. Jay snorts as well, but only because of the fact Sunsun didn't want to join in with the rides because Sunghoon finds them scary and Sunoo is a loving boyfriend.

They went to ride a rollercoaster first. As they wait in line, Jay teases Jungwon, "you're gonna scream so loud like Alvin and The Chipmunks."

"Don't project, honey," Jungwon smirks at him.

They sat beside each other on the roller coaster, and Jungwon laughed so much to the point where his dimples looked like it stayed permanently on his face when Jay yelled on top of his lungs when the intense rollercoaster felt like plunging them off to the air. Somewhere along the ride, their fingers intertwined.

When the ride finished, Jungwon quickly fixes his disheveled hair and Jay's, too, still chuckling as Jay just sits there, frazzled. "You screamed so loud like Alvin and The Chipmunks," he grins, payback to what Jay said earlier. "My ears almost fell off."

Jay doesn't say anything but instead pulls out his middle finger, causing Jungwon to laugh out loud.

"Seems like you two are getting a hang of it," Sunoo smiles widely as he points at their held hands.

"That's only because we're both competitive and I said whoever lets go first is the loser," Jay admits. The two pairs are seated at a restaurant for lunch.

"Well, you two should let go now because we're eating hotpot," Sunghoon says, amused.

Jungwon looks at Jay, who looks at him back with the same expression. "You let go first."

"No, you."

"You."

"You let go."

"You let go."

"You guys aren't competitive," Sunghoon mutters, "you're just full of pride."

Sunoo bursts out laughing and immediately, Jay and Jungwon let go of their hands at the same time.

"Whatever. Hotpot," Jungwon beams, "god, I love food."

"You know I can cook you anything, right?" Jay says.

"Ooooooh~" both Sunoo and Sunghoon chuckle.

Before Jungwon can speak, Jay beats him to it. "But you have to pay."

Jungwon rolls his eyes and shakes his head, throwing a soft slap on Jay's arm.

Physical touch: it's getting somewhere.

a/n ::

sunsun jaywon first double-date???? yes. also next chapter is probably gonna be the chapter where jungwon's ex will be revealed :OO and i'm honestly super excited to write about this jaywon. i've grown fond of them

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 1.7K 24
"You know, I never thought that I would fall for you." "I knew you would." _________ soft jaywon 💗 started: august 15 2022 ended: september 29 202...
12.5K 534 5
Sunoo's brother won't stop teasing him for being single. So to get back, he asks Sunghoon, Jay's best friend, to be his pretend boyfriend ㅡ just to m...
10K 281 40
Jay and Jungwon story "You have a weak heart, I hate you for that." "Even though I have a weak heart, it can still hold you in it." "Don't embarrass...
9.7K 421 16
❏ !¡ enemies to lovers ¡! ❝ 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘧𝘷𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘧𝘧 ❞ ❝ 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘺𝘪...