Coworkers~Five Hargreeves

By Foundling_Leon

Hugo Miller has been working for the commission since he was a teenager. When the Handler brought Five Hargre... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
PART TWO
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Sixteen

298 7 0
By Foundling_Leon

Diego went back inside to talk to Lila before we left. Said he wanted to check on her, I asked him to talk to Lisa while he was there. I let my head fall back onto the seat.

"Hey, you okay?" Five asked.

"Yeah...maybe just don't go around telling people about doomsday." I said smiling.

"Yeah okay. The only reason I told her was because she kept asking questions." Five said.

"She dose that." I said and I felt Fives hand grab onto mine.

Diego got back into the car and I let go of Fives hand.

"Lilas okay with watching over Elliott." He said and I looked back at him.

"Are we sure that's the best idea? I don't trust her to be honest." I said lowering my voice on the last part.

"Hey! You barely know her. Give her chance." Diego said and we drove off.

We parked in front of an old white building. We all got out and walked to the front door.

"This is it. You okay?" Diego asked looking over at Five.

"Yeah, fine just..." Five trailed off and sighed as he looked inside the building.

"How longs it been since you've seen the old man?" Diego asked kneeling down lock picking the door.

"Forty-five years." Five said.

"That's a trip."

"No kidding, you know when I was stuck in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by were I didn't hear his vocie in my head." Five said leaning up against the wall.

"What was he saying?" Diego asked.

"I told you so."

"Well, if he is here it will be the first time he'd seen you. So he can't say 'I told you so.'" I said watching Diego lock pick the door.

"I am sure he'll find a way." Five scoffed.

"Alright I am done watching Diego struggle." I said and I unlocked door using telekinesis and opened the door.

"Right. Gotta remember that." Diego said and he followed me and Five inside.

Five walked over to a lamp to turn it on so the room wasn't so dark. It only flickerd for a second and shut back off again.

"Shit." Five said.

"Gusse dad wasn't much for home decor. " Diego said looking around.

The room was bare with only a few lamps and a couch. Like something you would find in an old nursing home.

"Feels more like a front." Five said and I nodded.

"A front for what?" Diego asked.

"I don't know." Five said.

"Well, I'll take a left." Diego said opening a door.

"Yell if uhh...you get in trouble." Diego said leaving me and Five behind.

I moved to the other side of the room and opened the door to see a poorly lit hallway and a bunch of doors on each side. I glance behind Five who had the saw confused look as I did.

Five nodded and I opened the first door to see a room with no light. Five flipped the light switch and we saw a family of mannikins sitting on a couch.

"You father weirds the hell out of me." I said looking at the couch full of mannikins.

"What are you up to?" Five asked as I'd his dad was in the room with them. The light went out and I took ahold of Fives hand.

We moved down the hallway most of the rooms showing what we saw in the first one. We stared looking through desk and cabinets to see if we could find something.

"Hey I think I found something." I said holding up an envelope and opening it as Five watched over my shoulder.

"Mr. Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas." I read aloud with confusion.

Five took the paper and folded it in his short pocket. We both spun around when we heard something echo through the room. We both slowly walked towards the sound.

"Hey." Five whispered kneeling down when he saw Pogo, only he was a baby.

"It's alright little buddy. Pogo. It's nice to see you." Five said opening his arms but Pogo screeched and struck Fives neck. He then jumped out the window causing it to break.

"Shit!" I said kneeling next to Five who was hold his neck.

"Diego!" Five yelled.

"Diego!" Five yelled aging with more vigor climbing to his feet and I followed.

We rushed down the hallway and when we couldn't find Diego we went through the other door he said he went through.

"He is not here." Five said still holding his neck.

"Maybe he went back?" I said handing Five a piece of cloth for his neck.

"There is no way he went back. He is probably doing something stupid." Five said.

"Let's go find him then." And we both went back to the lobby.

We circled the place and the fog was building up it was getting hard to see anything. I ended up making a path so we could see our feet.

We still couldn't find Diego couldn't find Diego. We circled back to the front of the building and paused. We both sighed when we saw the empty space where the car was.

"God damn it Diego!" I yelled kicking a rock on the ground.

"Alright calm down Hugo. If we want to be back before dawn we gotta start walking." Five said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I looked around and saw a small truck, my eyes light up.

"We might not have to walk. Plus I am sure you don't want to blink anywhere." I said walk to the truck.

"What? Hugo you wanna take that truck." Five said walking next to me.

"Yep. The keys are still in there!" I said and I unlocked the door.

"I'll drive. You keep the cloth your neck." I got into the truck with Five in the passenger seat hold the cloth to his neck.

"Hugo...I am sorry. For leaving you in the 60s, even if you weren't here very long." Five said and he leaned his head back.

"Don't apologize. If it weren't for you I wouldn't be alive right now." I said sneaking my hand on top of his.

We were quite for the rest of the time. When we got back to Elliotts place Five cleaned his scrap from Pogo.

"Lisa! I am back." I said and I saw Diego on the couch and Lila working on his stab wound.

Five was now standing next to me finishing cleaning his wound.

"Oh. He isn't dead." Five said.

"Disappointed?" Lila asked.

"To see you? Always." Five said and I nodded.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and saw Lisa running to me.

"Hugo! I am so glad you're okay!" Lisa said wrapping her arms around me snuggling into my chest.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I said and I put my hand on her back.

Lila looked over at Five and noticed the scrap on his neck.

"Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you how to shave like a big boy." She said.

"No I just ran into an old family friend." Five sighed.

"A family friend? They must have long finger nails to do that." Lisa said looking at Fives cut.

"Yeah. Long finger nails." Five said and looked over to the other side of the room. Elliott was still tied up.

"You didn't untie him?" Five asked looking back at Lila.

"Was I supposed to?" Lila asked and Lisa gave her a dirty look.

"I told you to untie him. She just wouldn't listen to me because I am 'just a little kid and I don't need to listen to you.'" Lisa said doing a terrible British accent.

"It's alright Lis. I will untie him." I said giggling at the silly British accent Lisa did.

I untied all of the loops we had on Elliott and took the cloth out of his mouth.

"Sorry. Here have some water." I said giving a glass of water to Elliott.

"Thanks." Elliott said drinking the water like he never had a drink before.

I took the pot of coffee and poured a cup for me and Five. I hadn't had any sleep and needed something to keep me up.

"Here." I said giving the cup to Five.

"Thank you." He said putting the cup to his lips and giving my hand a quick squeeze.

"How did you ened up in the nut house anyway?" Five asked Lila. Lisa was standing next to me putting her head on my shoulder, I am guessing she didn't get alot of sleep. She is also supposed to be in school right now, but whatever.

"I was seeing things. Things that didn't make sense, so I checked myself in. Best decision of my life." Lila explained.

"I find that hard to believe." Five said narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah trust me no one would check themselves in. The most someone might is go to drugs." I said. Five and Lila gave me a confused look.

"What? I had an uncle that would see things. He went to drugs." I said and Five shrugged his shoulders. Lila gave me a nasty look.

"Hey we go one." Elliott said putting a stop to our conversation.

"One of those machines you asked for is going crazy." He said. Me and Five looked over his shoulder.

"Which one?" Five asked.

"The atmospheric one."

"Good."

"I don't get it. What are tracking?" A hurricane? A storm front?" Elliott asked.

"Sound waves." Five replied.

"Vanya?" I asked Five and he nodded.

"Sound waves. Wait who-" Elliott was cut off by Five grabbing me and blinking to find Vanya.

An: I have an official playlist for this fanfic!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5JZrtydprtkCHUrkCueND5?si=jKmkqF7nRaO4hLI6RdwCfQ&utm_source=copy-link

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 763 34
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข "๐Œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ญ๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž!" "๐๐จ๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ." โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข...
1.5M 49.4K 55
๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‚๐‡ | โi was about to have my menopause! do i really need to go through all that stuff again?โž -in which number eight, a telekinetic badass do...
85K 1.9K 18
โ ๐๐ฎรฉ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซรก, ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซรก.โž เณƒโ€โžท ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐”๐ฆ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š ๐š๐œ๐š๐๐ž๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ‘ ๊œฐ. สœแด€ส€ษขส€แด‡แด‡แด แด‡๊œฑ x ๊œฐแด‡แด!ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€ [Editing] ๐’๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ‘...
93 16 8
moonstruck - unable to think or act normally because of being in love ๐Ÿงก Now, looking back at these little moments, I realized with full confidence t...