The Joy of Agony | Loki

By marvel-ous

"People like him don't change. He is the god of mischief, after all." Bruce Banner has a niece; Eryn Banner... More

Odin's Punishment.
Meteor? Nah, its just Loki Skydiving.
Welcome Back to Earth. Not.
The Cute High Class Criminal.
His Crazy New Task.
Earthling, Everybody Knows Me.
Prisoner of Hope.
Nick's Fury.
The Great Escape.
Babysitting the God of Mischief
Don't Ever Play with the God of Mischief.
Heartfelt Sincerity.
Loki's Appointment.
Party Planning & Running with Scissors.
Loki's Favorite Brother is Back.
Macy's Blue Eyes.
Loki's Unknown Weakness.
Hard Times Are Coming.
Nicknames, Fan-girls, and Shawarma...OH MY!
Keep Moving Forward.
How Mischievously Cute.
Avengers in Disney World (1)
Avengers in Disney World (2)
Date with a True Monster.
Only Human, Yet so Powerful.
The Solution is Gone.
Maybe, the Bad Guy is the Victim.
Sarah Knew It.
I Love You.
Oh, Shut Your Cliche Mouth.
The Other's Deception.
The God Who Cried Wolf.
Director Fury Knew All Along.
Disappointing Revelations.
Loki's Loyal Lawyer.
Prepping for the Party.
The Christmas Party.
An Apology and a Sucker Punch.
Loki's Heart Has Been Stolen.
Eryn's Doppelganger and Loki's past.
Going to Asgard.
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (1)
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (2)
Beginning of Something Worse.
A Broken Promise.
Eryn's Mischievous Lie.
There is Always Hope.
Home Sweet Home.
Slow Adjustments.
Best Friends for Life.
Because I Love Her.
I'm Still Here.
Babysitting with Loki.
Because I Love Him.
Ice-Skating & Magic Tricks.

A Sudden Downfall.

84.7K 2.5K 2.3K
By marvel-ous

 A Sudden Downfall.

My hands shakily unlocked my door, and I fumbled with the handle for a few seconds. The whole drive I couldn't stop shaking. I'm still in shock, and I don't feel like myself. A cold hand rested over mine opening the door for me. "I could've died," I mumbled to myself and tripped over my sneakers that I always leave by the door.

"Key word; could've." Loki said, grabbing my arm in a firm grip leading me towards my room. 

"What if I did?" I wondered out loud as he ushered me in, and gently pushed me onto my bed. What if I had died, instead? Would Loki have run off to go do whatever he came here for? Would he be sad? Would he be happy? Why do I care what he would've done if I died? I suddenly thought.

"Let's not think about that, because you are alright. Okay? You will be fine." Loki assured. His body shifted as he was about walk out, but I held onto his arm tightly and pulled him back. He fell on my legs, but I quickly moved them. "Stay," I whispered.

He nodded and moved to be sitting up next to me.  I subconsciously leaned my head in the crook of his neck where it seemed to fit almost perfectly. He shifted a bit, making me more comfortable. "Loki?"

"Hmm?"

"You could've ran away today. I mean, you could've been free and go on with your life. Why didn't you?" I asked him, leaning closer to him.

"I don't know," he answered honestly. "I guess, I'm so used to your presence that I couldn't stand the thought of not having you there with me anymore."

"Oh." I was dumbfounded. I wasn't expecting an answer like that. I thought he only stayed, because he had no other choice. "So, if I gave you the chance to leave, would you?" I glanced up at him. His jaw tightened and he glanced down at me, his green eyes burning into mine.

"No." He whispered honestly, his minty breath overwhelming me. "Unless you wanted me to," he then added. "Do you?"

It took me a few moments to register his words in my head. He wants to be here with me, not somewhere else. Loki turned his head the opposite way, taking my silence as an answer. I snapped out of my thoughts to answer his question. My hand reached out for his cheek and I gently turned it so he would be looking at me again.

"No."

**

Two whole weeks have gone by each full of a lot of events. First of all, Loki has been a lot nicer and closer to me and has been telling me stories about him and Asgard. I could hear the admiration of his home in his voice as he told me about his pranks and how he spoke of his mother. Personally, I found it interesting to see this side of him. I've always known it was there, but there were those days when I used to doubt if the god of mischief had a heart.

Second, Thor has been visiting frequently since he loves his little brother. Besides, he likes being around us better than he does being around Tony and his technology. I don't blame him. Nothing but Pepper can get through Tony's obessision with finding new advancements to technology.

Third, Bruce and I finally had our 'talk'. After the attempted robbery, Bruce became rather fond of Loki.According to him, Logan and I are in a committed relationship. If only he knew, I mentally snorted. 

Fourth, after much studying for my finals (which consisted of locking myself in my room and sending Loki with Thor), I graduated university. I finally have my masters and can now work officially at S.H.I.E.L.D as a full time scientist instead of being an intern. I'll go back to school eventually for my PhD, but for now, I want to be free of school.It's all thanks to both Jared's and Bruce's recommendations.

Unfortunately, this meant that I would have to quit my side job at the antique shop.I had no plans today, so I could visit Macy since I haven't seen her since my graduation ceremony. Which I find strange, since no matter what, I always see her at least twice every week. I've only called her, and she's only answered a few times. I figured she was probably busy, though.Loki and I would probably go to the shop later

Lastly, I've been getting these strange calls from an unknown number. I answered every time, and still do, but there is no answer on the other line. One time I heard breathing on the other side and a loud sigh, but other than that, nothing else. For a strange reason, I never told anyone because as much as it sounds creepy, I didn't find the calls strange or suspicious. It was probably just someone calling, expecting someone else and then later finding out that they called the wrong number.

"And that's set," the man huffed, standing up and pulling his pants up. I smiled as I admired my new house phone.  Tony had offered to install one for me, but after finding out that Bruce and him had put a tracking device in my necklace, I declined it.

"Thank you so much!"

"S' not problem, young lady. If there are any more problems, just give us a call and we'll fix it." He said, handing me one of their cards. I nodded, and walked him towards the door.

"Loki!" I gushed, hoping he would come out of his room. He did. He raised an eyebrow at me questioningly, and I happily pointed towards the house phone. "Isn't it awesome!" I beamed.

"You've never used the house phone before it was destroyed...," he trailed off.

"Well, I'll let you know that, that's about to change."

"Sure," he mumbled plopping himself on my couch. He reached the remote control and turned on the T.V, changing it to a channel that specialized in crime and murder shows. Typical, I thought as I scowled at him.

"Geez, you're such a downer," I grumbled. I sat myself next to him, trying to find interest in the show Loki watched. On today’s episode, they were talking about a psycho who abused and later on, killed his spouse.

There was no doubt that he ever loved my sister. Anyone saw that, but where there’s love, came jealously and that’s what took my sister’s life away.” The sister of the victim said, wiping at her eye. She then apologized to the camera for crying and the scene changed into explaining on how the guy murdered his wife. It was in a disgusting, brutal way.

“Can we watch something else?” I complained straight into Loki’s ear. I normally don’t mind watching these shows, but this episode was hitting me in a way it never did. That guy on T.V reminded me of someone who I used to know, and I couldn’t help but imagine him on being of one of these shows.

He shuddered and then sent a glare my way. He noticed my uneasiness, and without saying a word, he changed the channel. The channel landed on E! , and he grimaced as Kim Kardashian’s crying face appeared on the screen. Immediately, the T.V was shut off and I burst out into laughter.

“I don’t see what you see in those reality shows,” he told me, staring at me. “It’s just a bunch of mewling qu-“

Before he could finish his sentence, I pressed my hand against his mouth shutting him up. “No, no no. Bad, Loki!” I teased, using my free hand’s index finger to motion my words.

“Ew!” I pulled my hand away and stared at it in a playful disgusted manner. He had licked my hand. “Oh please, I bet you liked it.” Loki replied, playfully.

A grin formed on my face as I wiped his saliva onto his face, catching him off guard. I didn’t expect his instinctive reflex to react the way it did, because not even a few seconds later, I laid on the floor on my back with him on top of me shocked. I quickly composed myself, and let out an, “oomph.”

“Ha-ha! I am above you!”

“Really?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I just had to,” was Loki’s response as he got up. He held out his hand for me and pulled me up. I glanced at the clock that hung above my T.V, and noticed it was four o’ clock. If I wanted to go visit Macy, right now is the perfect time. “We should head off to the shop now.”

**

"Please allow me to introduce myself,"

"I love this song!" I exclaimed, using my free hand to turn up the radio.

Loki flinched, mumbling, "oh dear Odin, not again." I only grinned at him in response. It seems as if every time we are in a car and I'm driving, which is all the time, Loki wants to kill himself or hurt himself really badly. I find it hilarious, and anything hilarious to me, should be done frequently. "Oh yes," I said, ready to get into the song.

"Pleased to meet you!" I sang along. Just as last time, Loki began to bang his head against the window. "Do it harder, maybe then you'd knock yourself out and make me the happiest woman alive." I encouraged, playfully as I reached the street of our destination.

"Ha-ha," he laughed dryly with a glare. "I am your dear 'lover', you should not be telling me such things."

It was my turn to glare. "I am your dear 'lover', you should be doing things that make me laugh...like falling off a cliff," I mocked him as I gave him a fake sweet smile. I sighed in relief once I had paralleled park, and stepped out of the car, not wanting to hear another one of Loki's remark. He may be opening up and being a bit more sincere, but he's a still royal pain...in the butt.

The door's bells chimed as I pushed it open, and Loki wandered off as I made my way towards the front desk. Macy wasn’t in view. “Macy?” I called as I moved past the front desk and began to walk into the back room, assuming she was there. She was. My jaw dropped, eyes widened, and my heart began to accelerate.

“LOKI!” I cried, tears welling up in my eyes. I ran up to Macy’s motionless body, Loki rushing to me. He froze at the door way as he saw me desperately look up at him. “Check her pulse,” he ordered, walking towards me.

I glanced at Macy. Her eyes were wide open and they were a bright blue, and her skin lightly glowed matching them. When my hand came in contact with her wrists, she let out a gasp, resembling a fish out of water. “Macy?”

Her wide eyes landed on me. “They’re after you.” She croaked, but  it wasn't directed towards me, but instead at Loki who hovered behind, over me. With that being said, her eyes finally closed and I lost the feeling of her faint pulse.

                                              Macy was dead.

 Gah, Macy's dead! What do you think of her sudden death & last words?  I don't know when the next update will be maybe before Friday. I'm halfway through with the next chapter. Like I've said, by Friday I'll be gone for a WHOLE week. I might get internet access, but if I do, it'll only be for an hour or so...not enough to upload, sorry. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave your thoughts below!

 A picture of Macy is to the side! She is played by Gywneth Paltrow's mother; Blythe Danner. <3.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 183 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...
341K 10.4K 46
"I'm sorry" you said to him, not taking your eyes away from the screen. "I beg your pardon?" Now it was his turn to be confused. He turned to look at...
21.8K 753 30
Eren isn't a normal girl. Involved in a chemical explosion that left her orphaned at the young age of ten, she becomes fast friends with Prince Loki...
351K 10.3K 55
"Nice to see you again, darling.", he smirked at her, tracing his index finger along her jawline. "Shut up, Laufeyson.", the young lady snapped back...