ABHIRA THE BROZILLA'S BRIDE

By michinjanus

As a wedding planner, she never had any difficulty working through her challenging clients and their demands... More

PROLOGUE
CH01 BROZILLA OR BRIDEZILLA?
CH02 LET'S PLAY
CH04 THE CROSSROADS..
CH05 HOW DID HE KNOW??
CH06 HE IS ALL YOURS...
CH07 CONVERSATIONS...
CH8 THE SECRET "DATE"
CH09 I BELIEVE YOU!!
CH10 I WILL ELOPE...!!
CH11 MR NICE GUY
CH12 DESERVE EVERYTHING
CH13 SNEAKY BUT CUTE...
CH14 BEAUTIFUL LIFE
CH15 I LOVE YOU AKSHARA
CH16 THE HALDI AND THE KISS
CH17 THE DATE NIGHT ...
CH18 YOU.BELONG.HERE.
CH19 THE SORE LOSER (18+)
CH20 YOU ARE ALL MINE
CH21 YES YES YES...!!!
CH22 YOU COMPLETE ME...
CH23 BACK TO THE BEGINNING
CH24 ALL I NEED IS ABHIMANYU!!
CH25 THE REVEALATIONS...AND THEIR LOVE(18+)
EPILOGUE

CH03 I BELIEVE YOU!

1.5K 116 9
By michinjanus

“Did Anisha finalize her outfit for the wedding and the reception? Do we have the décor plan drafted?” Akshara asked, looking at her team during their Friday morning meeting.

Aarohi shook her head. “She says she is not set on a dress yet.”

Akshara let out a sigh. “Can we get the designers to give us the details of the outfits, so we can plan for the props and decoration? They can work with Anisha on the style.”

“That’s a negative, Akshara. Anisha is yet to like a dress that she wants to wear for the reception and the other events.” Aarohi sounded frustrated.

“What about the wedding saree? That should be set because I know Anisha’s mother had chosen that for her.”

“Nope. Anisha confirmed she will not be wearing one of those sarees. She wants the designer to make her a custom saree with the traditional silk.”

Akshara thought for a moment.

“Have Neeraj get in touch with Anisha. If she has not liked any of the designer’s outfits, she is not going to find anything she likes.”

“Neeraj is not in the same league as the designers Anisha has been working with. Are you sure he can meet her requirements?” Aarohi speculated.

“We shall see. She may or may not, but we need to change the strategy.”

Aarohi nodded, and Akshara turned her attention to Jai, her entertainment lead.

“How is the performance prep coming along?”

Jai nodded. “It’s good.”

Aarohi let out a laugh. “Good? He is having the time of his life working with celebrities, especially with Karina Sehgal.”

Akshara smiled when she saw Jai turn red in the face.

“Glad to hear you are having fun. Make sure you have practice sessions with Anisha’s fiancé as well.”

“Yes, Akshara. I am working with both families.”

“Jai, I want a sequence for Anisha to have a dance with a family member after the group performances. Can you work on that?”

“Who is she dancing with? Another celebrity?” Aarohi rubbed her hands together.

Akshara shook her head. “Not sure yet, maybe Anisha’s brother or another family member.”

The entire room fell silent like people could not believe their ears. It had been a week since the engagement party, and the team is still dreading to talk about Mr Brozilla.

“Guys, Anisha would love to dance with her brother. It doesn’t hurt to try.”

“Akshara, I can’t deal with him.” Jai was the first to speak up.

“What? Why?” Akshara faked ignorance as she could not let her team be intimidated by a demanding client.

Jai snorted.

“After the scene he created at the engagement party, I am staying out of the line of fire.”

“He had a valid point about our teammates potentially making their guest uncomfortable.” Akshara maintained a calm tone.

Aarohi jumped in.

“Really? She is an actress. How could she be uncomfortable with fans looking at her.”

“Guys…” she said and paused making eye contact with every one of her leads who handled different areas of the event and added, “… he is a client and has every right to tell us what they like and don’t like. It’s our job to take their input and implement the required changes within reason. The students from the cooking school were not being inappropriate but unprofessional. We need to address that as we have not managed an event where we had celebrities before.”

“Okay, I will have a choreography ready for Anisha to dance with a family member but not sure if I can teach him separately.” Jai sounded unsure.

“We will figure it out. Maybe we get her dad or one of her close cousins to dance with her.” Akshara assured.

Jai thought for a moment.

“What if we don’t get enough practice time or Brozilla decides to back out?”

Akshara thought for a moment.

“It’s a separate performance? Maybe we pair Anisha with her dad and her favourite male cousin, and we cut her brother’s dance.”

“That’s a wonderful and safe idea.” Aarohi sounded excited.

“Yes.” Akshara let out a nervous laugh as she was not willing not to try to get Anisha’s brother to dance.

I am going to work on getting him to agree to dance. I don’t know how.

“Now, can we talk about the bride and groom intro event? We have less than a week before the event.”

Aarohi was the first one to interject.

“We need to talk about something else before that.”

“What?” Akshara was surprised Aarohi had not mentioned anything earlier in the day.

“Mr Goenka just announced the formation of the Janatha Seva Party and their official ceremony is on the same day as Anisha’s bachelorette party.”

Akshara shrugged.

“What does a political party formation have to do with Anisha’s party that is five weeks later?”

Aarohi pulled up the map of the area on her computer and flipped the screen toward Akshara.

“This is where the hotel we reserved for the weekend is located, and here is the route the party leaders and followers are going to take as a procession before they gather at this auditorium.”

Akshara thought for a moment.

“Are they closing the traffic for the procession?”

“Most likely. And they could close the area down as early as two in the afternoon.”

Akshara shook her head. “That will mess up the Friday night party.”

“We should change the date for the event.”

“No, we cannot. Anisha’s friends are flying from out of town for the event and most of their travel is reserved. And we cannot separate out the party from the other activities planned for the weekend.” Akshara could tell Aarohi was about to have a panic attack.

“Stick to the dates. Look for another venue. Another hotel on the other side of the city,” Akshara instructed.

“Okay. That’s a much better idea.” Aarohi looked relieved.

“Find a location that allows us to create the same design that we showed to Anisha.” Akshara was thinking ahead.

“We need to let her know that we are changing the venue. Should I call her?” Aarohi asked.

“I will talk to her. I will set up a meeting with her tomorrow to show her some of Neeraj’s costume designs and tell her about the venue change. Have some options ready by the end of the day today. I also want some swatches for fabric and some material from Neeraj for me to introduce the designs to her.”

“Are you sure about Neeraj designing the outfits for Anisha?” Aarohi seemed uncomfortable with the upcoming designer.

“We have no other choice, and if I’m not mistaken, Anisha might like his unique designs.”

Aarohi rolled her eyes.

“And if she doesn’t, then we keep looking until she finds the dresses she likes.”

“Her brother and now she are starting to behave like the typical Bridezilla.” Aarohi let out a sigh, and Akshara knew her friend was under a lot of duress.

“She is not. Stop stressing over nothing. Aarohi, get me the reservations for a new venue, Jai I need the performance choreographed today,” Akshara teased.

“I have no idea how you can stay so calm.” Jai laughed as he got up from his chair and left the room.

Akshara looked at her catering head, Ravi, and said, “Talk to the students who we hire for the plating. Tell them they are not to step out of the assembling area.”

“Sure, Akshara. Can we lock the street food cuisine for the upcoming event?”

“Yes. That’s what I presented to her, and she loved the platter selection.” Akshara smiled.

Ravi left the room, leaving Aarohi and Akshara both staring at their screens. A moment of silence later, Aarohi cleared her throat making her look up.

“What’s up?”

Aarohi leaned back and said, “I need to take a break from work for a couple of years.”

Akshara was taken aback. “You mean two months?”

“No. Two years. I want to join the Janatha Seva Party that is being formed after we are done with Anisha’s wedding.”

“You want to go into politics?” Akshara asked.

“No, silly. I want to join as a volunteer and help in any way, so Mr Goenka can win the election.”

“Akshara thought for a moment.

“I would love to support your noble thought, but the selfish person in me doesn’t want you to go.”

“I want to do this, Akshara.”

“Why?”

Aarohi shook her head.

“I don’t know, but I have this strong need to support the party. It almost feels instinctive just like how you say that you get the feeling that you have a family out there.”

Akshara nodded.

“You know I will support your decision even if it means I won’t work with you anymore.”

“Oh yes, he is who we need to lead the state and then eventually the country. An educated man who gave up his job as a government official to serve the people.”

“I believe you.” Akshara hugged her best friend.

“Did you hear back from Mr Sangha on the new investigation?”

Aarohi asked as she gathered her computer and files.

“He is still waiting for the funding from the university to pick up this research.”

Akshara let out a sigh, not wanting to feel dejected by the fact that she had been through three different investigators who have not found any clue to her roots.

Akshara wanted to know what she was made of and why she had this undying vibe that told her she was not an orphan, although she grew up as one.

Love
Janus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.2K 5.7K 10
What happens when a girl is pampered beyond limits...??? What happens when she turns out a bit arrogant...?? Well, a bit would be fine but what if sh...
8.3K 589 22
Two handsome people Akshara & Abhimanyu meet with each other at a wedding. They became best friends but they didn't realise how & when they fell in...
75.8K 3.3K 77
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- fictional characters Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey of "Bound by Tradition Un...
720K 32.5K 53
[Edited • Completed • Revised] When twenty four years old software engineer, Shree Jaisingh is proposed to marry an equally talented, young and fortu...