Unmatched Hatred

By hogwarts_student88

It was Draco Malfoy. It was the boy whose face always crossed my mind even at the most inconvenient times. Dr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
The End

Chapter 38

205 4 5
By hogwarts_student88

In a provoked and troubled sense, I stormed away from the Astronomy Tower, the sound of fury in my steps. I had reached my lowest point, and the dreaded Draco Malfoy was there to witness my suffering.

Out of all people.

No doubt he would go to school the next morning and give an account of his sighting in a much more comical manner. Malfoy, Parkinson, and the other relentless bullies would surely make a mockery out of my misfortunes. As for the others, they are not to know of my pass whereabouts. Not Hermione, not Ginny, not Ron, and not even Kasper or Blaise. Instead of being a burden to others and accepting their pity with guilt, I will take on the heavy burden myself, and do my best to conceal its evidence.

The next morning, I wore a regular and content complexion, masking any sign of my discomfort from my outward features. Not only did I appear to be doing fine, Harry also seemed to be getting along just fine without me as well. I mean- from what I have taken note of anyway. I was not studying him closely either. It was merely a small observation.

Well, all I can say is that this has been quite the extravagant week. Sunday was the day of me and Harry's last ever date, Monday was the day he let out his anger on me, Tuesday was the day we officially stopped dating, Wednesday was the day I broke down in front of Malfoy, and I am weary for what this bright and sunny Thursday may hold.

I never would have thought that Sunday would be me and Harry's last date. I would have never guessed that during the last hours of Tuesday night would be the last time me and Harry would be together. I would have never even fathomed that the day we parted for summer break would be the last time I would ever be held in Harry's arms.

I love you, were the words I had spoken to him before leaving.

I love you too.

The memory stung my empty spirit.

When the lesson was over, and when the professor gave us permission to talk with one another, I sat with Hermione at the back of the class. Somehow, we once again got on the subject of the Triwizard Tournament, which was to be held this Saturday. Then, I asked a daring question when Hermione mentioned that Harry figured out how he was going to survive the first task.

Or, maybe I should refer to him as Potter now, given our current situation.

"Has Potter said anything about me at all?" I asked as I brought my voice down low.

Hermione and Potter were unfortunately still decently good friends, and she appeared a bit surprised when I referred to him by his last name. I do not believe it should have come as a shock, but she brushed off the matter without another thought.

"Well, all he said was that he cried the day after you two broke up. I've heard nothing more," she replied.

Potter? Crying? Over something he caused?

"That's too bad I guess," I responded bitterly, packing my books into my backpack.

"You don't hate him now, do you?" inquired Hermione, a inquisitive tone protruding from her speech.

I thought about this and gazed at Harry from across the room, a vague grin playing at my lips as if I accomplished a great thing.

"Perhaps," I considered.

For now on, no longer do I fancy Potter in the slightest. I have hardened my heart towards him, a bitter one at that.

"I thought he asked you to still be friends," Hermione presumed.

"He did... through a letter." I rolled my eyes at this statement. Such a cowardly act indeed.

Hermione understood, and it was at that exact moment that the bell rang.

I carried myself on through the hallways, minding my own business since none of my other friends had a free period today. Of course, something must disrupt this, as it is Thursday.

I caught two of Malfoy's minions staring me down with a mischievous thought. Crabbe and Goyle were standing beside each other, whispering back and forth to one another all while keeping their eyes directly on me. I was sure that they had heard the story of my panic attack last night, and were eager to make my life just that more miserable. I tried to ignore them, but that proved to be a failed attempt.

Suddenly, a spell collided with the pile of books in my hands, and I watched as they all crashed to the floor with a loud bang.

"Oops!" cried out Crabbe and Goyle as they howled with laughter.

I could not even be phased at that point. I was only filled with the heavy motivation to murder.

I then called them both a vulgar name under my breath that I wish not to repeat. The two bloody hooligans heard it, and reacted with more cackling.

"Want to see a magic trick?" asked Crabbe as he raised his wand.

Now, there were not many other people in the corridor, but the people that were passing by were simply acting as if I were not being targeted by two cruel bullies. To be in a hall full of people, I truly felt alone.

I reached for my wand, until a voice sounded from the end of the corridor.

"Knock it off!"

By this time, everyone else had piled into their classroom. Only the four of us remained in the hall. Crabbe, Goyle, I, and someone else.

I honestly thought that the voice belonged to either Blaise and Kasper. I also believed that it was one of those two who was stomping up behind me.

"But Draco-" Goyle had argued.

I whipped around to see Malfoy. He was not looking at me at all, refusing any sort of eye contact.

"Are you deaf? I said knock it off!" Malfoy demanded once again.

Away Crabbe and Goyle went, trailing away solemnly at Malfoy's orders.

I stared at Malfoy as if he were crazy. He, in turn, looked at me in the eyes, and I did not know what to think of it. He had just done something very out of his character. He did the very opposite of what I had predicted he would do. Just why did he have to be so unpredictable?

"Don't you have class?" he questioned me.

I still gazed at him in a perplexed manner. He was acting...

Strange.

Yet, maybe his inner intentions were still the same. Maybe he sent Crabbe and Goyle away so that he could torture me with his own words. Perhaps he wanted me all to himself. After all, bullying me was just an entertaining sport to him. Maybe even more entertaining then playing Quidditch.

I shook my head no to his question, then narrowed my eyes to the floor.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked. My heart was racing at an extremely swift pace.

"Go ahead," he insisted with the least bit of care.

He had no idea what he had just agreed to.

I led him through the halls aimlessly, and he followed right beside me. We then coincidentally came upon the Room of Requirements.

"In here," I ordered.

The room was a different setting from when me and Potter would come in here. I suppose it made sense.

While Malfoy was off guard, I pulled my wand out on him, forcing him against the wall. Malfoy immediately reached back for his wand out of instinct, but it was not there. His arms lay useless at his side.

"Where did you put my wand?" he demanded through gritted teeth.

"It fell out of your bag as we were walking, and yet I did not tell you," I smirked, letting adrenaline rush through my veins as I realized the control I had over my arch enemy.

I dug the tip of my wand deeper into his pale skin, making sure to leave my mark.

"Ouch! Are you going to Crucio me?" he asked with immense vexation in his tone.

"Why did you send Crabbe and Goyle away from me?" I demanded out of him, clearly fuming with rage.

"Pardon me?"

"Are you deaf?" I retorted, using his own words against him.

"Would you have rather me encouraged them?" he viciously asked, fire on the tip of his tongue.

"I would have rather you left me alone," I declared harshly, pushing my wand upwards and forcing his head up against the wall. "I don't need your protection."

"So you don't," he uttered, my wand still pricking the bottom of his pretty little chin.

I knew he could not have done what he did a few minutes ago because he cared about me. He clearly sent away his minions because it would benefit him in some ridiculous way. I already confessed that I was officially done with him. I no longer wanted him in my life. He needed to leave me alone before I forced him to.

For a moment, nothing was said, then I retrieved my wand. Malfoy still remained against the wall but relaxed the tension in his body. His hand immediately started rubbing the bottom of his chin, where my wand had engraved a small circle into his skin. I had left my mark.

In the end, I did not spell him, but maybe I should have.

"Was that really necessary?" he complained.

"No, just like everything you do," I replied as I pulled out his wand from the pocket of my robe.

Malfoy glared at me astonished, then snatched his wand from my hands.

"What did you want to tell me?" Malfoy asked rather coldly.

I almost wanted to laugh.

"That was it. You just heard it," I said with a hint of annoyance.

Malfoy opened his mouth to reply, but I was not done.

"Remember, Malfoy, you may loathe me, but I loathe you more. You may despise me, but I despise you more. Believe me, I will make sure that you fail just as much as I have."

I meant every one of those words that I spit viciously out of my mouth. Anger like I have never experienced before burned within me. Malfoy noticed this and exited out the door, not bothering to meddle with me anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 947 48
"Why choose him?" He's a villain." My stare prevailed blank at the lies of the world. "A hero will sacrifice you for the world while the villain wou...
973K 9.7K 37
he kissed her like his life depended on it. and it did. draco wondered if she knew- wondered if she'd still choose him. *currently in serious revis...
5.2K 297 16
Drarry Discontinued Harry learns a new spell which leads to the discovery of Draco's soft side. "I was pinned to the ground by my arch nemesis, Malf...
3.2M 88.4K 200
To debate between hatred, friendship, love - with a foe, a friend, or a lover.