The Day Before Yesterday (BxB...

By ShytheHyacinth

After waking, Dylan learns of the truth that his parents tried desperately to hide. The incident isn't at al... More

𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖈𝕶!
𝕮𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝕶𝖊 𝖀𝖕
𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍
𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖆
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖞, 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖞, & 𝕾𝖊𝖝
𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝
𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕿𝖞𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕴 𝕯𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖄𝖔𝖚
𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓
𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖞'𝖘 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞
𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘
𝕬 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓 𝕴𝖓 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖉𝖊
𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖘 𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉
𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘 & 𝕽𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖓𝖆𝕶𝖊𝖘
𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝕶 𝕹𝖔 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊
𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖍
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕴𝖋 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝕬 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖂𝖆𝖓𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕿𝖜𝖎𝖓 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖘

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖘 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

518 33 5
By ShytheHyacinth

A/N: Hey guys!! I know the last chapter was hectic and a little crazy to unpack but I hope I did a good job at illustrating everything that happened during the incident and why Dylan's parents went about the matter the way they did. It's only getting crazier from here so let's buckle up and get into it!
Also there's a photo of Doctor Parish above 🧎🏾‍♀️
______________________________

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

"I don't have to pick and choose who I want to blame, I blame all of you." I replied sharply as I adjusted myself on the bed with a pained grunt. My action showcased the clear repercussions of this enormous lie they construed.

"Y-You have to understand that when you woke up from the coma your vampire side was dormant and your familiar didn't recognize you as her witch anymore." She explained somewhat frantically, ranting out her response as if she was debating any other minuscule topic.

She talked as if this was the best decision she could've made in regards to my life. She talked as if it was hers to make in the first place.

"The spell you casted did something to you....It changed you. We thought that we'd be doing right by you when we kept Phoenix and you apart. We didn't want to break your heart any further." My mom went on to further explain as if she hadn't just barged into my life while it was falling apart at the seams only to drop a bomb on it.

Doing right by me? Break my heart any further?

Oh so that's how we're gonna play this? Like I was in desperate need for the lies because the truth would be worse to bear.

I wonder how that was working out for everyone.

"Dyl, honey, we acknowledge what we did wrong. We can see how lying made you worse off." My father added in his usual rich voice. It sounded softer though, not as ridged and somewhat placid despite the mayhem. Probably because of the guilt.

"Oh and what gave that away? The crippling anxiety casting spells gave me? Or was it the depression and self loathing as I tried to pick apart what I was missing from my life for the last decade." I asked rhetorically not caring how my parents flinched at my tone.

"Wow...okay, we are definitely gonna go. Love you Dylan, bye!" One of my friends finally let out in the midst of the argument.

They tried their best to file out of the room without making things too awkward. Waving and kissing my forehead goodbye before leaving me to the wolves all for the sake of awkwardness.

Though that bridge was burned the second my aunt entered the room. It was practically incinerated the second my parents strolled in.

Shit was absurdly awkward.

But now it was just Jayden and I facing my family that was on the verge of collapse.

Tensions were certainly high. After all, this was never how I imagined this all unfolding. Or how I'd introduce my boyfriend to my parents.

Jayden just stood silently supporting me from my bedside, clearly waiting to step in and start a riot when needed. He looked back and forth between my parents and I who were trying themselves, to defuse the situation. They didn't know what whether or not to introduce themselves to him or comment on his presence.

It's not like they could talk to him or make some casual small talk without it seeming like they are deflecting. There's already an elephant in the room, they were trying not to make a zoo of things.

"This entire time I thought I was a hybrid who was shit at magic, but you know....the truth is a bitter pill you guys never gave me the option to swallow." I gritted out.

"All these years I had questions and hunches about my familiar and the incident and you all gaslit me and lied to my face!" I yelled while looking my parents right in their eyes as tears fell from my own.

"My anxiety was a manifestation of the lie you told me about me being an overzealous hybrid kid who casted a crazy spell. I hated magic because you never told me the truth." I concluded with a shaky grumble as I tried to get my breathing under control as my tears flowed more freely, I was shaking and unable to keep my anger under control.

"I'm so sorry Dylan, we never meant—" my father began before I was cutting him off, not wanting to lose my cohesion in the fear his next words would disarm me from my rage.

"If I never found out on my own, if I was never bitten, and this never happened. Would you have ever told me the truth?" I questioned with a fearsome look, so cold he nearly staggered back.

"Oh pup, I-I can't answer that question." He muttered while turning away from me, looking like he couldn't stomach the look of my eyes.

"Answer it, dad. Answer me..." I begged softly.

"I can't..." He sighed out with a pained look, shaking his head as he stared down at the ground.

"Answer me, answer me, answer me! I just want the fucking truth, can't you just—" I yelled frantically, begging for a truth I already knew. Begging until I got my answer.

"No!" My mother screamed before she stepped in front of my father with eyes filled of tears.

"The answer is no....We never would've told you, okay?!" She hissed out while throwing her arms up in exasperation. She looked at me with a glare as if I was blowing this ordeal out of proportion.

She made it seem like I wasn't being understanding or seeing their fucking side of things. Hell I lived their side of things for the last fucking decade, and if she wanted a fucking fight I was gonna fight back.

"Get out. Get the fuck out!" I yelled while rising up out of the bed, thrashing in rage as I tried to demand their exit. In the process I let out a scream and a surge of magic burst from my body.

It was unlike anything I've ever felt before, like every atom of my being lit up as my powers escaped me. I felt the room shake and time stilled as every fucking flower vase and piece of glass shattered in the room.

"Look Dylan. I spent the last two months worried sick about you, and despite how much you hate us, I refuse to leave you now." She mumbled while spelling the room back to its original state. She seemed unphased by my rage as she cleaned up the mess, obviously trying to make sure the clinic guards wouldn't have a reason to ask them to leave.

"Why, what more do you want from me?" I sobbed pitifully garnering Jayden's concern. He moved closer to me as a way to calm me. His pheromones leaked out in a calming manner in an attempt to comfort me. It smelt strong and sweet. I could tell he was torn between allowing me to face the truth and wanting to hide me away from the pain.

"Want? Dylan we don't want anything. We are here to protect you..." Raven assured as she step forward and sat at the foot of my bed. Her words were genuine and soft. Jayden seemed to tense at the act and though he refrained from jumping into arms. Instead he fixated on her words.

"Protect him from what?" Jayden questioned in offense, clearly caught up on the instigation that he couldn't protect me just fine.

"The fear of those who don't understand." My father explained while seemingly holding back any further details. He looked to Raven before turning to my mom and neither of the two spoke up.

"Goddess, enough with the riddles. What are you talking about?" I asked while pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"I'm not sure you two understand but the cat's out of the bag. If everyone hasn't found out yet, they will." My father yelled as he gestured around the room as if to comment on my previous outburst.

"This goes way beyond the usual doctor patient confidentiality ordeal." He continued as he took a few steps forward, trying his best to refrain from reaching out to me, knowing I needed space.

"Dylan is a tribrid, one of the most powerful beings on Earth. The headmistress will be called, the ancient counsel, the leaders of each group and academy of the supernatural world as we know it. Everyone is going to know about him." My father continued explaining while pacing in distress.

"So? What does that mean for him? What happens once they find out?" Jayden pressed further with bass filling his voice, clearly not amused with the turn this conversation took.

"We have no idea, but one things for certain Dylan's life is about to change very drastically, and if he wants to get through it at all....we'll need to do so together." My mom concluded before she turned to look away.

She didn't like how I looked at her with disgust and annoyance. She didn't like how the idea of them staying here by my side filled me with dread. She could see that on my face.

Though she didn't bother to acknowledge it.

Instead a knock followed once silence fell over us, and the staff from before enter the room in a more orderly pace. Introducing themselves individually as they turned their attention to my care.

They interrupted the blunt note our argument was left on and I didn't know if they'd ever acknowledge their failings again. It was quickly swept under the rug as life moved on, and that alone infuriated me.

"Perfect." I muttered through gritted teeth as my mother's words echoed through my head.

Just perfect.

____________

I blame the onset of confusion by the stress and heartbreak corrupting my life. Time moved at a pace I couldn't acclimate to, and it was passing me by as I seemingly curled into myself.

Day turned to night which turned to day once more. Though the day after waking from my coma was no ordinary day. After completing the test for my doctor, the only thing left to do was stay and await the results as the monitored me. As they hovered and poked and prodded.

I hated every bit of it. Though I expected to be elated at the idea of being discharged, though the events that awaited me were even worse than my hospitalization. This day was nothing remotely close to ordinary.

"I, Dylan Davis, wish to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. The whole truth..." I vocalized softly while internally laughing at the irony of this kangaroo court putting me on the stand.

I look up at the flashing cameras before me and reporters seated at the front of the stage sticking clunky microphones my way. One hand was crossed over my chest as the other extended in the air towards the moon goddess as I took my oath. Dropping my hands onto the podium before me signaling that I was ready to commence.

"Dylan Davis! Dylan Davis, is the news true are you the world's first natural born Tribrid?!" One reporter screams above the other's triggering a slew of questions being thrown my way.

"I-I suppose so." I replied with a sheepish smile.

"Mr. Davis, it says here on your student file that you registered as a Hybrid? What's the story behind that?" A female reporter questions while speaking up over her counterparts to gain my attention.

"Well that's, uh, that's because..." I trailed off as I pondered how she would've found information that private.

"From your medical record it shows that this was not your first coma. Can you tell us the reasoning behind the first one? An accident maybe?" Another reporter questioned, a tall slender man who was able to hold his mic above the others as he pointed it my way.

"Uh, I don't—" I muttered nervously as I tried stalling long enough for the next question to be asked, each seemingly more intense than the last.

"We know this time you were bitten by a vampire...one who unfortunately did not survive the altercation. What is your feelings on—" A reporter within the see of voices questioned causing me to snap my eyes to them in terror.

"W-What did you just say?" I murmured beneath my breath as I felt the air escape my lungs.

"I'm sorry, you didn't know? She died three nights into your coma. Varoke's curse..."

"S-She's dead? I killed her?" I shuddered while falling against the podium for support.

Somewhere in the crowd, Jayden was seated alongside my parents amidst the disarray. He wasted no time springing up and making his way towards me from where I stood on the stage.

My security detail, that was assigned to me for the duration of the trial move instantly to try and block him. I weakly gave them a signal that he was cleared to pass through.

"Are you sure?" One of the asked while still holding him back. Jayden shot the man a nasty look before he pushed through to get to me.

"Dylan, are you okay? Can you hear me?" His voice sounds through our bond, distant and worried. I couldn't hear much of anything with the news ringing in my ears.

"How does this keep happening?" I huffed breathlessly, shivering on the floor of the stage as I leaned against the base of the podium to ground me. 

Hyperventilating as the questions pushed on, the world moved on each and every time my life was thrown into shambles.

How is that possible?

"Mr. Davis, how long have you and Mr. Beaumont been an item?"

"Mr. Beaumont, how is it like to be mated to one of the most powerful beings in—"

"Mr. Davis it seems no one told you the previous news, how do you feel knowing that student is—"

"No, no, no—" I screamed out as the room shook so hard the ground quaked. My powers were shooting out from every direction like a bomb. Demolishing everything in the room down to the molecule.

It got real quiet after that.

Then I saw it, all the dust settled and all that's left is blood. Trickling from the ceilings, dripping down the walls. A massacre.

My pain was painted onto every corner of the room. My powers somehow out of control once more and all the work I've done on myself was washed away with a single incident.

꧁☬———————☬꧂

"Tiny?! Hey, hey are you okay? What's wrong?" Jayden's voice sounded at my side as I woke in a stir. I hadn't realized he had decided to sleep in the hospital bed besides me. My eyes filled of tears I pushed to get free, off my blanket. My chest was heaving and I was barely getting breaths in.

My levels were certainly elevated enough to garner the attention of my doctors because a moment after Jayden awoke besides me to comfort me, my mom was walking back into my room with my doctor at her side.

"Mom, what are you doing here? I told you to go home." I said through heavy pants as my doctor took my vitals and Jayden worked to calm me down, bringing my wrist to his scent gland and allowing his reassuring scent to flood into me.

"Vitals slightly elevated but returning to normal, blood pressure is—"

"I'm not going anywhere Dylan, your father and I are staying over at Raven's apartment for the time being. I already told you yesterday that until you're discharged, we aren't leaving." She assured while walking over to the doctors side and reaching her hand out to touch me.

I jolted away from her and and leaned into Jayden's side as I awaited the doctor to finish his test. I ignored the look of hurt that flashed her eyes as she took a step back and looked to the doctor.

"It seems like it was a panic attack. If you want, I can get you in touch with a specialist here and prescribe you—"

"I already take medication for my anxiety. My pills are at my dorm." I interjected with a frown, my lips pulled into a line as I worked to remember my breathing techniques.

"Since when do you take medicine for—" My mom began to question in dismay before Jayden interjected loudly.

"I can go grab them for you." Jayden assured as he pulled away to get up and do just that.

"No need, we ran all the rest we needed to yesterday and the results came in this morning." Doctor Parish stated in his usual neutral tone. As he began to take the wires and leads off of me.

He was careful and meticulously with his hand placement. A well-trained professional who was clearly trying not to trigger me in any way since the escapade yesterday. It was honestly very thoughtful of him. Or maybe that was just the job.

"Dylan has a clean bill of health, he's free to go." The good doctor revealed earning a delight set of cheers all around. Well not so much all around, it was just my mom and my mate who were elated. I was too caught up pondering how much of my nightmare was true.

"W-What ever happened to that girl who bit me?" I questioned in a terrified murmur as I looked up to the doctor as he worked on removing my IV.

"I must refrain from speaking of other patients, it's a matter of confidentiality." He told stiffly as he watched my expression fall, my displeasure growing more intense. The distinguished wolf seemed to take momentary pity and pulled his eyes away from my arm to face me.

"However, due in to the nature of the situation I will let you know she is indeed okay. It was bad at first but she made it to the hospital in t—"

"She's okay?" I questioned the words fell from my mouth alongside a soft sob. I broke into tears and gasped.

"Yes she is." He assured once more.

"Thank Goddess." I sobbed out while clutching my chest, reveling in the relief that rolled over me. There was a million thoughts flooding into my head but the most prominent one was; 'I'm not a murderer.'

I don't think any one person can handle having all that blood on their hands. Even the idea of almost taking the life of another living breathing creature buries me in pain.

"I'll uh, be back in a moment. I'll have a nurse draw up a discharge plan that details how you'll go about your care. We'll have to integrate blood into your diet, and make sure your blood lust doesn't fall during your heat cycle." He said earning absent nods from myself. I heard my mom thank the doctor as he made his way out leaving me to digest and fall apart.

"I had a dream that I killed her Jay. I woke up and I thought I—"

"No Dyl, she's alive. That's good news right?" Jayden asked while wiping the tears from my eyes. The pads of his fingers circled my cheeks as he glanced down at me with a caring smile.

"Yeah." I sniffled as nodded emptily, reveling in the aftermath of my panic attack.

"I'm so happy." I muttered as tears fell down my cheeks. I leaned into Jayden, allowing him to rest his head upon my own, as I took in shaky breaths. Somehow managing to ground myself.

I was so relieved.

____________

"Okay, you will still need to take it easy. Your body will want to ease into it's normal state slower than your mind may like. I'd ask that whoever is in charge of his care will help him in his transition." Doctor Parish states while looking between Jayden and My mother for some clarity.

Jayden was holding me up and helping me put on my sneakers as we got ready to leave. My mom was somewhat hovering as she took my hospital bag of belongings into her hands, clearly wanting to help in some way.

"I'll handle it." They say at the same time before pausing to look at one another before turning to the doctor. The man's mouth was pulled into a thin line and he turned his eyes back towards me as he continued on.

"I'd like you to come in a week from today for a few more tests and you can visit anytime you experience a symptom listed on your care plan." He continued on as we made our way out of the room leisurely.

"His diet is bound to fluctuate and his appetite for blood may increase, though it may be difficult for him to keep it down at first. I suggest small amounts of o-neg to—"

"I won't drink any blood." I reveal with a firm grunt of displeasure as I stood up on my own to face my doctor, pushing my way out of Jayden's worrisome grasp.

"I-I don't think that's possible. Your body will need it to recover and in order to balance out the—"

"I refuse to drink it, I'll just eat food like I used to do." I gritted out while refusing to hear out the onset of concerned grumbles from my mate and mother.

"Dyl, I don't think it works like that. I know you are a little sore about the topic after the incident—" Jayden began calmly as he tried to pick apart my thoughts without upsetting me any further. I backed away so fast from him I nearly tumbled and I thrashed as he caught me.

"You don't understand! The last time I drank blood I couldn't stop...I nearly k-killed. I can't do that again! What if I hurt someone else? What if I hurt..." I trailed off with tears in my eyes as I looked him in his eyes frantically.

Not daring the words to leave my mouth. It was on the tip of my tongue and I'd rather force it down till I choked then admit it.

The thought itself was like a dagger to my jugular.

"You're scared to hurt me?" Jayden asked while looking at me with a pained sense of awareness. He instantly flooded the bond with reassuring thoughts, trying his best to calm me while also reasoning with me.

He didn't want me to be ashamed to indulge in cravings I'd be bound to get. He didn't want me to fear being myself though it's difficult when the prospects of reliving my greatest fear was literally staring me in the face.

The idea of feeding on another half of my soul.

"Dylan you're being unreasonable, you won't feed from your mate any time soon. You'll start with blood packs before you switch to fresh vein and—" My mom began to explain causing me to cut my eyes to her and sending her an agitated look.

She of all people should not be on this preacher's bandwagon of me feeding again.

Had she lost her fucking mind since the last time I seen her? Did she think just because I hadn't yelled at her to leave yet, I wanted or cared for her opinion?

"What your mom is trying to say is, that eventually you'll need to drink blood, and once you've acclimated to your new diet you can feed or not feed fresh or on me to your heart's content. The important thing is that you are healthy and eating." Jayden tried to course correct while lower down to my height so he could look me in my eyes.

"We will take it slow baby, and I'll be there to help you every step of the way." He assured once more as he looked at me in content. Significantly happier that I calmed at his words despite my thoughts of turmoil.

"How about we go home, grab something to eat and you schedule an appointment with Lacy after you take your meds. Then we'll figure out where you'll go from there with school, okay?" He asked earning a bashful nod from myself.

How the fuck did I end up with someone so perfect? I was a disaster and I could hardly believe Jayden would even stay with me through everything I put him through and everything I am.

"I love you Dylan, and it's you and I no matter what." I heard his voice faintly reassure me through the bond. He stands up once I calm to a fluttering peace, and he continues alongside me the rest of the way.

My doctor seemed satisfied with the fact that I hadn't sworn off blood forever and left to deal with other patients after telling me he'd see me in a week. My mom however straggled behind and seemed caught up in a mix of thoughts. All apparent on her face as she stayed silently behind me.

My heart ached at the drift between us, but it hurt more at all the heartbreak she had caused me.

I knew it'd take a while for our relationship to repair if it had even been salvageable in the long run. I wasn't going to make any grandiose efforts to comfort her until I got my life back together.

More importantly I wasn't gonna force myself to let her help me reshape my life considering she was the one that held a torch to it as it burned.

I was gonna focus on me.

"Dylan Davis." A voice called out while warping before the exit doors of the medical center. There was a petite woman before me, small but curvy. Her hair was slicked back in a professional bun, she was brown like sugar and carried herself with grace. Although I was scared what she had wanted with me.

She held up a clipboard before that read, "Notice", in big bright red letters. She delivered a small smile towards Jayden and he silently acknowledged having met her.

"You have been summoned by the administrative council for an emergency hearing." She announces towards me before taking a step back and allowing a warp to open before us.

"Please follow me." She demanded in a smooth tone as she held her hand towards the warp invitingly. It was definitely the coma and post-dream haze talking because I was having a hard time following along.

Jayden and my mother seemed to grasp the severity of the situation rather quickly because they both glanced at one another before grumbling a series of obscene curses beneath their breaths.

"Fuck." They grumbled out in unison as the reluctantly made their way into the warp with me at their sides.

'Fuck', does not even begin to cover it but it's certainly an excellent start.

"Let's get this over with." I hummed out as I walked into the warp, obediently following this woman I have never met before towards my impending doom.

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 81 33
TW!!! There are triggering stuff in this... please read tags before reading! This is a story about a criminal who recently got out of jail, He is try...
2.2K 91 62
Summary Book One Part Four - The Blood Blood. It is vital. It is....power. For Brandon it is pain and darkness...and his destiny. The Flame. The po...
20.3K 631 26
One wintery night, (y/n) was left alone in the snow when she was just a little pup as her mother was killed and her father was nowhere in sight. It w...
18.4K 461 22
2013 © Loosing her mother and the hands of her father at a young age Alex grew distant from her classmates. She became, "That Girl" She didn't trust...