in a dream. - renhyuck

By minjiu__

ā€¢ renhyuck ā€¢- donghyuck has dreams of a boy he's never met in his life. donghyuck thought it was strange at f... More

in a dream. (0)
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10 / mature /
11 / explicit /
12

2

636 31 25
By minjiu__

~

Donghyuck sat in a field, surrounded by emerald green grass and small daisies. An unusual landscape for his dreams.

"Hey Hyuck, I made this for you." A flower crown dropped onto his lap from behind.

Donghyuck looked down and sneered, "What are we? Five?"

The stranger stepped next to Donghyuck and plopped down, "Does age matter? You can be thirty and still making flower crowns. There's no age limit on it, Hyuck," He smiled, plucking a daisy from the ground.

"Right." Donghyuck looked down and picked up the crown, just fiddling around with the petals.

"Are you gonna try it on?"

Donghyuck scoffed, "This is so corny," He lifted the crown and placed it on his head, "There, happy?"

"Happy?" The stranger laughed, "Very happy, thanks."

"Great," Donghyuck lowered his voice, watching the guy pick more flowers from the ground.

"Everything alright? Lately you've been frustrated?"

"I'm fine," Donghyuck brushed off the stranger.

"Hyuck, I've known you for months now and you never used to smart mouth me. You used to be scared of me for goodness sake," he smiled, "Somethings bothering you, I know."

"Well, my relationship is kinda falling apart. I don't think of him as my boyfriend anymore, he's better off as a friend at this point," Donghyuck decided to let every thing out, this guy isn't even real anyways, "He's been seeing his friend more than I see him."

"Is this really how you feel or are you just acting out based on emotion? Like are you just reacting with little thought about y'know everything or is this something you've thought long and hard about?"

"I think I've had enough time to think about it, I've felt like this for a while now. I think he thinks the same too."

The man nodded, "End it. Don't stay in relationship with someone you don't love, there's always other people other options. They might come faster than you expect."

"I hate that you're comforting," Donghyuck groaned, "I don't think Jeno would ever listen to me the way you do, he always avoids conflict."

"Glad I could help. Hyuck, it's been nice but it's time you wake up."

"Maybe I don't wanna wake up?" Donghyuck frowned, glaring at the other.

"You can't hide from your problems, Hyuck. It's better you overcome them rather than avoid them."

~

Donghyuck parked the car in his reserved staff spot and sighed.

"Do I have to stay as long as you do or can I take the bus home early?" Jeno unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Do what you want. The buses that stop here are all gross and packed, just a warning."

"Whatever I'll just get Mark to pick me up," Jeno exhaled and Donghyuck wanted to smack his head against the wheel at the mention of Mark, "The first time we go out together in like a month and it's to your dad's stupid company."

"A romantic date, I know," Donghyuck unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the car door, placing his keys in his pocket.

"At least it's something?" Jeno also got out the car, cringing at the petrol scented car park. He began walking to the closest entry.

"Jeno, where are you going? It's this way," Donghyuck looked up and saw Jeno wondering off. Donghyuck ran to Jeno and yanked him to face the opposite way.

"I don't know where I'm going..." He murmured.

"Then maybe you should've just waited to follow me, genius."

-

As they were in the elevator, Jeno said he'd just sit on the couch for the majority of Donghyuck's shift, which Donghyuck didn't blame him for. Donghyuck lead Jeno into the room they were shooting in today and froze when he saw his dad talking to someone he's never seen before.

Until Donghyuck realised, he has seen this person before. The black and white hair, the tiny frame, the short height.

"Everything alright, Donghyuck?" Jeno raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah sorry, I think that's the new guy. Introduce yourself before you sit and hide, alright?"

"Yeah yeah I will."

Donghyuck walked towards his dad and the dream guy. Donghyuck's dad noticed him approaching them and told dream guy to turn around.

"Hello Jeno, you came!" Donghyuck's dad smiled, and Donghyuck knew that was his fake CEO smile he had worked years to perfect.

"Hello Mr. Lee, it's been awhile," Jeno bowed, he turned his head towards the new worker, "I don't believe I've met you before, I'm Lee Jeno."

"Hey, I'm Huang Renjun," Renjun grinned, offering his hand to Jeno. Jeno took Renjun's hand and shook it.

"Donghyuck, I'll be going now. Help Renjun set everything up," Donghyuck's dad quickly skipped off.

"Well I'll be over there if I'm needed," Jeno pointed to the couch in the corner of the room. He walked off and left the two alone.

"Hi I'm Renjun, you must be D-Donghyuck?" Renjun said awkwardly with light pink cheeks.

"Yeah I know. It's nice to meet you, Renjun," Donghyuck sighed and smacked his eyes multiple times lightly, he had to be hallucinating.

"Are you okay?" Renjun observed Donghyuck's unusual actions.

"No. I think I'm seeing things, anyways..." Donghyuck flicked the hair out of his eyes and knelt down to open up the case that held the camera, "Help me set this up."

"Okay," Renjun said, lowering down to Donghyuck's level.

-

"Are you on your break?" Jeno questioned, Donghyuck collapsed onto the couch next to him.

"Yeah," he murmured, "I feel like sleeping right now."

"I feel you, shit is boring here," Jeno sighed, "Oh well, is it alright with you if I leave now? It's been hours, and I can't survive like you do here."

Just when Donghyuck had gotten his break.

"Yeah go ahead, I wish I could leave too," Donghyuck looked over at the set and models he's been taking photos of all day, from afar he saw Renjun looking at him. Renjun snapped his head away when they met eyes, for obvious reasons.

"Alright, see you tonight Donghyuck. I'm getting Mark to pick me up," Jeno got up and brushed his clothes off. Jeno didn't even look at Donghyuck once when he walked out, gosh how in love they were.

Donghyuck got up from the couch and walked towards where everyone else was. He looked at the empty chair surrounded by staff on his left and then the right where Renjun was seated on the floor.

He needed to get to know Renjun.

Donghyuck ended up sitting next to Renjun, against the wall.

"Hi?" Renjun said, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Hey? So, what are your thoughts on this place?" Donghyuck smiled, this guy even sounds like the one in his dreams.

"Well, I'm scared to give my opinions because you are kind of my boss's son," He talked with his mouth full, but it was cute so Donghyuck didn't really mind. It's not like there were any crumbs flying out of his mouth, Renjun knew how to eat. He was just cute, there's no other way to describe him. Renjun reminded him of a little clueless kid.

"I won't judge. Trust me I fucking hate this shithole."

"Oh. Actually, I don't mind this job but it's only my first day," Renjun's cheeks were chubby while chewing, real life version of Renjun was already growing on Donghyuck.

Donghyuck nodded, "So... What's in that sandwich?"

Renjun swallowed as he looked down at his food, "It's just cheese and butter, it's not the best but whatever. I got it from your dad, he gave it to me first thing when I stepped in this building."

"Of course he did," Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"Who was Jeno? Like he wasn't helping staff or with the camera stuff, and he wasn't modeling, is he just your friend?" Renjun looked back up.

"Boyfriend... Actually."

"Oh sorry," Renjun whispered, picking the crust off of the half eaten sandwich and eating it.

"It's fine. So what else?"

"Umm," Renjun paused, "I'm not really good at picking conversation topics."

"That's fine! I'll go, what did you dream of?"

Renjun took another bite of his sandwich and thought for longer than it felt, "I don't dream. Actually, I do but they're not important enough to remember."

Donghyuck exhaled in defeat. Renjun had to be dreaming of Donghyuck too, he just had to. Those dreams clearly meant something.

"Donghyuck, can you hold this?" Renjun handed his food over to Donghyuck, "I gotta pee badly."

Renjun got up and ran out the room. Donghyuck looked at the sandwich in his hand and then up at the extra staff hanging around waiting for break to be over. Donghyuck checked the time before getting up himself and walking to the closest staff member.

"Hold this for me, please?" Donghyuck held the sandwich out.

"Yeah sure," she took it from Donghyuck's hands, Donghyuck forced a smile and then headed for the door.

Donghyuck walked out into the hallway and towards the bathroom where he stood, waiting for thirty seconds or so. He didn't want to walk in on Renjun using the urinal or else that'd make things very awkward. But then again, the question he was about to ask would already make things awkward. There was no winning.

Donghyuck heard the tap begin to run, so he took that as a queue to open the door.

"Donghyuck? Where's my food?" Renjun frowned.

"Taeyeon has it, don't worry she won't do anything." Donghyuck gulped, "So umm, Renjun... Do you dream of me too?"

"Huh?"

"This sounds weird I know... But I've been having dreams of a guy that looks exactly like you, like exactly, and it's freaking me out how identical you two are."

"Oh?" Renjun furrowed his eyebrows, "I was being truthful before about not remembering my dreams. And I've never seen anyone who looks remotely like you in my life I'm sorry, if that helps."

Donghyuck nodded, biting his lip. How disappointing? Donghyuck cringed at the foul scent of the bathroom, "Well thanks anyways, it was worth an ask. I hope this doesn't make things awkward between us."

"I don't really mind. It's a crazy coincidence, we lived in two different countries anyways so there's no way this is a stalker thing, I think?" Renjun smiled reassuringly.

"Right of course. Can we get out of here now? It smells like actual ass."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906 54 14
Mark and Haechan. The closest duo in all of NCT. Best friends Brothers from another mother Soulmates. But an out of impulse kiss changes the cours...
39.2K 2K 12
Mark is the new kid in town, a drop out, and doesn't really care what others think. But when he bumps into a biker gang, that just happens to hold th...
28.5K 1.7K 13
āi waited only to see you smile again.āž Donghyuck is in a coma and Mark goes through a rough journey as he reminisce his memories with his boyfr...
228K 10.2K 33
In which a notorious bully falls in love with the new artistic student