The Dragon Queen

By ValyrianHeirs

she lands in Westeros, at what cost? *My own depiction on season 7- 8 in Game of Thrones* More

D r a g o n s t o n e
S t o r m b o r n
M e e t i n g s
S t a r k
J u s t i c e
S p o i l s
M e r c y
H i g h g a r d e n
D e l i b e r a t i o n s
D e p a r t u r e s
S i e g e
F i r e
R e i g n
A l l e g i a n c e
T r i a l
M a r r i a g e
P l a n s
E v a c u a t i o n s
D a r k n e s s
Update

T r u t h

206 5 1
By ValyrianHeirs

*gentle reminder that the places and characters I have mentioned are not of my creation. I respect George too much for that*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​The remainder of the Dothraki are still yet to arrive on Dragonstone. The Unsullied have returned to Dragonstone to prepare the sail to King's Landing and enforce a blockade. Daenerys had decided to practice sword fighting with Grey Worm to distract herself from the imminent future. She is still unsure whether the plan was indeed a good one or potentially another one of Tyrion's failures. She was also distracted knowing the truth of Jon Snow's parentage and how she would address this with him before he returns to Winterfell. She knew he had once sought the truth from Eddard Stark and felt she owed him the opportunity to know. Daenerys turns and sees Grey Worm waiting for her. He knew she was distracted and had many things to consider.

"Kirimvose, Torgo Nudho. Kesi bodmagho arlī isse se ñāqatubis."

(Thank you Grey Worm. We will train again in the morning.)

The stoic, loyal man nods and walks away towards the rest of the Unsullied, continuing with the preparations. She witnesses him and Missendie look at each other in a way that Daenerys was familiar with, love. Daenerys then knew she had to be one to tell Jon the truth, Targaryen to Targaryen.

"Missendei."

She walks over and bows her head, smiling.

"Yes, Your Grace."

Daenerys steps closer, whispering.

"Emagon Ionos Sōnaro rhaenagon nyke isse se tistālion yn daorys jorrāelagon naejot gīmigon."

(Have Jon Snow meet me in the council room but no one needs to know.)

She wishes for no one to know to keep the prying ears away. While those around her wer loyal, she could not risk this. Knowledge can be power for men to get their way.

------------------

As Daenerys approached the council room, she noticed her heart was beating quickly, nervous of what Jon's reception would be towards his parentage. She understands that it is necessary for him to know and would be hard for Daenerys to keep to herself. Missendei is stood there with Jon Snow and bows.

"Your Grace, Lord Stark is here."

Only he wasn't a Stark but in fact a Targaryen. Daenerys smiles at Missandei quickly.

"Thank you, henujagon īlva kostilus".

(Leave us please.)

As Missendei leaves the room, she gives me a suggestive smile. Daenerys only shook her head and approached a seat around the painted table.

"Please, take a seat. You must be confused why I summoned you here, alone."

Jon only shrugs and moves to take across from here to keep a respectful distance.

"I only assumed you wished to discuss the plans surrounding King's Landing or the upcoming situation of the Long Night, Your Grace."

Internally, Daenerys becomes increasingly nervous and stares at the seemingly calm man and nods before continuing.

"Well that will be discussed eventually. That is not what I wish to talk to you about but what I will tell you about will be greatly important and shocking to you. I want you to know that I am here for you if you want a person to talk to."

Daenerys plays with her fingers to soothe her nerves which Jon eyes, becoming concerned.

"What is it then? Has something happened to my family, Winterfell?"

Daenerys took a sharp breath. Family would become something different for Jon and looks at Winterfell on the painted table of Westeros.

"No, your family is fine. It's about the truth of your birth parentage. My advisors do not know of this and that will remain that way."

Jon only looks confused and questioningly looks at me but I ignore it.

"But you must swear to me here and now that you will keep this to yourself. If not for me, then for the stability of the realm."

Jon nods, not wishing to cause an uproar but still wants Daenerys to tell him.

"How can you know who my mother was?"

He truly had believed his father was the late honourable Eddard Stark and his mother was some unknown woman.

Smart fool, Eddard knew that Robert Baratheon would have killed him. He risked his honour for his sister's child with Rhaegar Targaryen.

Daenerys tries to read Jon's face and looks down.

"Your mother was Lyanna Stark and your father, your real father, was Rhaegar Targaryen."

Jon stood up from his chair quickly which made Daenerys look at him with pity on her face.

"How would you know of such a thing?"

Daenerys too stands up across Jon.

"I know this to be true, I saw it in a dream."

Jon looks at me incredulously and leans his arms on the table, ready to retort. He was clearly in denial.

"Seven hells Jon, the Night King and dragons exist and you can't believe that I have dreams that are of the truth?"

He looks downwards, still in a state of shock and squeezing the table so hard that Daenerys can see his knuckles turn white. She decides to continue telling Jon the dream.

"Your mother gave birth to you in the Tower of Joy in Dorne and Eddard had found her after Rhaegar fell at the Trident. She made him promise to protect you which he did until his last breath."

Jon looks at her, eyes filled with tears which made Daenerys' eyes tear up too.

"So I'm still a bastard nonetheless. A Sand."

Daenerys shook her head.

"No, she told Eddard your real name. Your name is Aegon Targaryen. The last living male of House Targaryen."

Jon begins to chuckle loudly, looking towards the outside. Daenerys was confused why he was laughing, was he upset or relieved?

"I had wished many times who my mother was, Lord Stark had never trusted me enough to tell me."

Daenerys quickly moves around the painted table and clasps his forearm, looking up into his eyes.

"He had every reason to not tell you or anyone. Had Robert found out that Ned Stark's bastard was the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar, he would've killed you."

Jon rests his hand on Daenerys' hand that is resting on his arm for comfort, he knew she was there for him.

"Thank you, for telling me."

Daenerys only gives a small smile.

"I knew there was something there. Drogon allowed you to touch him which is a rarity even towards friendly faces."

Jon is now unsure what to say, still processing the news.

"Now, you may decide who you wish to tell this information to but know that many may persuade you to pursue the Iron Throne. I know you have no intention of seeking the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms."

Jon nods, he would never go after something that caused the demise of his family.

"Jon, trust no one with this but yourself. Others around this might use this information and thrust you into becoming King of the Seven Kingdoms. If you care deeply for the realm and its stability, you will keep this to yourself or we will witness a divide amongst people."

He shrugs, looking at Winterfell on the painted table.

"And remain a bastard of Winterfell?"

"I could proclaim you Jon Stark if you desire legitimacy? Regardless of whether you bend the knee and swear allegiance or not? We both know the true battle is beyond the wall and not quarrels amongst families."

He nods again, Daenerys has made every effort to allow him an opportunity to be civil and maybe eventually a family. Daenerys puts her hand on his shoulder, urging him to look at her. His eyes meet hers deeply.

"I do hope you understand why I told you, I knew you deserved to know the truth as I know it."

He only nods and looks at the hand Daenerys has placed on his shoulder. They both feel warm in each others' company but duty was a priority first for both of them.

"Thank you, Your Grace."

Daenerys smiles and pulls away.

"I will let you take your time to ponder. Safe travels home to Winterfell Lord Stark."

He smiles in return and walks away. Daenerys saw this opportunity to forge a lasting relationship with the North but now, she wondered if marriage was a good opportunity. Aegon, the last known male Targaryen, would allow Daenerys to restore House Targaryen to its former glory as planned. Her thoughts are interrupted when Missendei walks in and bows.

"Skoros iksis ziry?"

(What is it?)

Missendei quickly replies. Daenerys was anticipating further news about an attack or such matter.

"Vāris se Tȳhrion jaelagon naejot ȳdragon nūmāzma aōha kȳvana syt Dārys Tegorīr."

(Vary and Tyrion wish to meet and discuss the plans for King's Landing.)

Daenerys sighs and nods. She would not be able to rest as planned. But she knew that she was a Queen and rest would not come easy.

"Kirimvose, Ivestragon pōntoma naejot rhaenagon kesīr."

(Thank you, tell them to meet me here.)

She smiles and walks away while Daenerys walks over to the balcony and overlooks the seas of Dragonstone. Instead of her thoughts on concerns of King's Landing, she was thinking of Jon Snow only.

------------------------------------------------------------

Edited & Updated

Hope you enjoy and don't be a silent reader x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 2.9K 19
After a year and a half Myra returns to King's Landing to visit her family. Having time to reflect on the last year, she decides to confront her past...
14.4K 318 7
Jon Snow dies whilst killing the Night King leaving Daenerys and their unborn child without him. Picks up five years after the battle for the dawn, N...
272K 6.7K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
62.8K 1.4K 29
This is my version of season 8 because as of right now I don't really like the direction season 8 is going for and I'd prefer to write my own version...