D r a g o n s t o n e

*gentle reminder that the places and characters I have mentioned are not of my creation. I respect George too much for that*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The water smashes on the armada gently as she looks ahead, seeing the dark intricate style keep getting closer in her view. Famously recognisable as Dragonstone.

Aegon the Conqueror and his sisters resided there before turning west. The seat of House Targaryen returning to its former glory.

"Your Grace, we will arrive on land within the hour", the Captain of the ship states. She nodded nervously and clasped her hands together.

She looks ahead again towards Dragonstone and she thinks to herself.

Home. I'm home after years of being in exile.

She glances towards her advisors, Lord Varys and Lord Tyrion. The dwarf gives me a knowing look, reminding her of the last conversation they had in Meereen. Daenerys had everything, her armies, her Dragons and she was in the great yet terrifying game now. The never-ending pursuit for the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms.

The sound of wings flapping distracts everyone from the monumental thoughts. The roar from the Dragons shakes the floor of the ships as they descend into a small boat, making the journey towards Dragonstone.

Viserion, Rhaegal , and Drogon roam around the keep comfortably, as if it's a familiar place. For the first time in centuries, Dragons have returned to Westeros.

She thought to herself,

I have returned to this forsaken land. To take back what is mine rightfully, for the sake and future of Westeros and House Targaryen.

As we transport towards the shore of Dragonstone, Daenerys see the intricate details of the keep, the stone, the dragon heads included in the walls seen from afar. The small boat halts as we reach the shores, her feet hit the white, grainy, soft sand and she walks towards the stone stairs.

She allows herself to take a deep breath of the fresh beach air, enjoying the short-lived peaceful moment. She lowers into a kneeling position and reaches a hand down, pressing into the sand. Daenerys feels the warmth and power radiating from the stone-made keep, Dragonstone. She recognising that many of her ancestors once resided here.

She thinks to herself again,

I hope I restore the House of the Dragon to its former glory, I hope I make them proud and return fire and blood to my enemies and mercy for the people suffering under them.

She looks up towards the stairs and begins the long walk to the entry gates of the keep. She noticed the dragon's stone statues on the sides of the gates, acting as an indirect confirmation of my worthiness and birthright.

I am the Dragon's Daughter,

Dragon's blood is my blood.

I share the blood and seed of Aegon the conqueror.

The Targaryen girl takes another set of stairs to enter the seat, taking her time to observe. She takes another deep breath and continues the flight of stairs, entering the walls while the Unsullied move ahead and removes the remaining Baratheon flags situated across the keep. The sound of doors opening makes her turn and she walks towards it, her eyes adjusting to the light. She sheds a sense of recognition of the room, she would read the history books of the many great houses of Westeros. Aegon of House Targaryen once sat on the Throne of Dragonstone before setting his plans of conquest. She walks in slowly, looking towards the famous throne, viewing the details of it. The scaly stone, similar to what remains throughout Dragonstone and she reaches forward to touch the seat, her seat.

She turns and noticed the advisors had halted, allowing an opportunity for her to take in the moment. She would be declared Princess of Dragonstone as would many heirs before they were crowned as King or Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

Princess of Dragonstone,

that's what I am,

the last one.

Daenerys decides to sit on the throne officially, signifying the beginning of her conquest to unite the Seven Kingdoms under her rule. She decided then and there, that the House of the Dragon would prosper once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first chapter. It has since been edited and updated so please enjoy and do comment your thoughts.

Enjoy x