Don de Santos

By senoradanah

Book #1 of the Santos series Ana Wright is an incredible doctor; a surgeon, who spent her life helping people... More

Don de Santos
00 - A Glimpse of The Past
01 - Hermano
02 - Segunda Hija
03 - Change of Heart
04 - Igual Que Tú
05 - Bienvenido a Casa
06 - Omertà
07 - Cody
08 - Suposiciones
09 - La Madre
10 - Andrew
11 - Mrs. Victoria Santos
12. The Plan
13. Misión Fallida
14. Misión Cumplida
15. Honestidad
16. Pequenos Pasos
17. Pesadillas
18. Culpa
19. Desastre
20. Almost Busted
21. Cash Is Screwed
22. Intimacy
23. Finding Truth pt. 1
24. Finding Truth pt. 2
25. Tabloids: Manuel González is Innocent
26. Celebrations & A Tragedy
27. Victoria Santos
28. An Old Friend
29. Rescuing Victoria Santos
30. Confrontation
32. When Ana Frogives Andrew
33. A Possible Solution
34. No Way
35. Back Home
36. To Be Continued

31. Sweet

5K 144 6
By senoradanah

Rafael

"I want you, Ana. I want you and I am so sorry," I reply and hug her tightly.

I was so stupid to even think that I would let her go just because of my fear. I knew from the first time that I saw her that I needed her in my life. I love this woman and I could and would never let her go again.

She hugs me back and sobs silently.

"I am sorry, mi amor," I say as I caress her back.

"I thought you didn't want to be with me anymore."

"I could never not want you. I love you, Ana," I finally tell her, making her smile.

"I love you too, Rafa." She kisses me on the lips in a very gentle and heartfelt kiss.

Before anything escalates, we hear yelling from downstairs.

We run downstairs into the living room and see Alba yelling at Cash.

"Stop doing stuff for me! I know how to do everything!" she yells again, throwing her hands in the air for extra effect.

Cash stands frozen in his place as he looks at her in defeat. I know that look, that is a look of giving up. I won't be surprised if Cash gives up on his love for alba because she is not making anything easy for him, and she doesn't like him as he does.

"I am...sorry. I will never do anything again," he nervously replies as he fidgets with his fingers.

Her gaze softens once she looks at him again, but she does not say anything.

When he left, Ana and I walk to Alba to see what happened.

"What did he do?" Ana asks.

"He...he keeps doing stuff for me...it is annoying and I don't want it!" she angrily says.

"Sis, maybe he just wants to help-"

"I don't want his help!" she yells, breathing heavily and on the verge of crying.

"What is going on?" Dad asks as he comes down the stairs.

"Nothing, just a misunderstanding," I quickly say, not wanting to get Cash into trouble.

"Why are you crying, mi hija?" my dad asks Alba.

"N-Nothing, just on my period."

"Do you want me to get you food?"

Alba smiles and nods. "Thanks, dad."

When he left, Ana sits next to Alba, while I go and look for Cash.

I know how he feels, or at least I know a portion of how he feels. It sucks when you love a person that you can't have.

I find him sitting in the backyard, smoking. Cash hasn't smoked in years.

"Hey," I say, sitting beside him.

"Hey..."

"Are you okay?"

He shrugs.

"Look, man, I might not know how you feel, but have you thought of confessing to her?"

"Rafa, what happened back there shows that she knows. She just doesn't like me back and I have to accept that."

He is right. Alba seems to have figured it out because it is so obvious that Cash likes her. Part of me wants it to work because he is the best guy I have ever known and because she deserves someone like him. He is a good man.

I pat his back and sigh, not saying anything else because I agree with him. But I also know Alba. She is hiding something and I am going to figure it out.

The next day, I join my mother in the living room. She hasn't been herself ever since we rescued her and I am concerned. She is smiling as if nothing happened, but I know that when she is alone, she is replaying everything that had happened to her.

"Hey, ma," I say as I sit beside her.

"Hi, honey, how are you?"

"I am good. How have you been?" I ask, taking her hand in mine.

"Not bad. Still trying to wrap my head around what happened, and I still can't believe that Alba came and killed him."

I chuckle. "Me too. She is badass and I am glad she didn't listen to me and came."

"You need to include her in the mafia, as she has always wanted."

"I know and I will. She deserves to be."

She smiles at me and pats my shoulder. "I am proud of you, son."

"Thank you, ma. I love you."

"I love you too."

Cash

I started packing my stuff when I hear a knock on the door. I sigh before walking to the door and opening it.

A look of surprise washes over my face when I see Alba standing behind the door.

"Alba? Hey..." I swallow hard, remembering what happened yesterday.

"Hi..." she nervously greets, avoiding looking into my eyes.

"Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

I let her in and close the door.

"What are you doing?" she asks as she glances at my suitcase.

"Nothing, just packing."

"Why? Where are you leaving?" she interrogates.

"I don't know, still haven't figured it out."

"B-But, why?" her voice cracks.

"I just need a break..."

She nods in defeat as she swallows hard. "Are you coming back?"

"Maybe." My short answers are angering her.

"You can't even travel," she points out, crossing her arms.

"I know, but I'll find a way."

She sits on the bed with a frown on her face.

"Is something bothering you, Alba? Did anyone do anything to you?"

Her response takes me aback. "Don't go."

"What?" I say in confusion.

"Don't go, Cash. I am sorry if I hurt you before, I didn't mean to, but please, don't go."

"Don't worry about what happened, I understand. I shouldn't have made you feel like you are incapable of doing nothing."

"You didn't, Cash. It's just..."

"Look, it is okay, don't worry about it. I am cool," I reply, not looking into her eyes because I am not cool about it. I am hurt and sad because the person that I am falling in love with doesn't love me back.

But it is not her fault. It is just how life works and I have to accept that.

"Cash...I...I am sorry." Her voice cracks as a tear rolls down her cheek.

I shake my head and wipe the tear. "It's okay, Alba. I understand."

"No, you don't!" she exclaims.

"Then make me!" I yell because I have had enough.

"I...The reason I am not treating you well is that I didn't want you to like me."

"I know, Alba, and I know it is because you don't like me back," I reply.

"No..."

"Huh?"

"No, it is not because I don't like you back. It is because I do."

I feel as if a plane just landed on me. My heart flutters as I look at Alba's tearful eyes.

"What do you mean, Alba?" I ask.

She starts crying.

"It is just...I have always feared love. I know it sounds stupid but I was scared, scared that when I love a person they would leave me, but mostly I find it hard to trust someone. After uncle Ricardo and now Alex, I am scared to trust anyone close to me."

I don't know what to tell her because she is right. Two important people in her life turned out to be bad people. How could she even trust me now? Or anyone.

"Give me a chance to prove to you that you can trust me," I say as I hold her arms in my hand, gently.

She keeps crying until she finally nods. I smile at her and hug her.

She doesn't know it but when she hugged me back, she made my world. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 199 20
!Book four out of four! Caleb and Aria have a huge family of fourteen kids. Aria has just found out the whole truth about her past and met her real...
4.6M 108K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
1.9M 39.5K 33
Amaris, a young RN, just completed her bachelors in nursing without any help or support from her family. She hasn't seen her parents or older broth...
879K 33.6K 62
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #5 ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ " I only trust you, Tesoro.. " He muttered once again, not budging when I tried to pull...