Coworkers~Five Hargreeves

By Foundling_Leon

Hugo Miller has been working for the commission since he was a teenager. When the Handler brought Five Hargre... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
PART TWO
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Thirteen

412 13 4
By Foundling_Leon

About 15 days had passed and I had been going over to Elliotts place. He had gave me a whole bag of his old clothes so I would have something to wear.

He mostly had flannels and jeans. I didn't mind tho, I always used to take Miles flannels.

"Hey Hugo. When is your birthday?" Lisa asked on day.

"Oh, it's October 1st." I said as I helped clean around the house.

"Cool! Mine is on November 18th." Lisa said smiling.

Lisa had become like a little sister to me. But, she wasn't like Ruby. Lisa was sweet and never got mad easily, she was a little sensitive thought. Ruby had a short temper but could get along with people.

Me and Lisa would mow or work on Allsion and Ray's garden. They would pay us at the end of the week and we could get groceries.

I had be came really close with Allsions of the last few days. Ray is really nice too and reminded me of Miles.

Allison was working at the hair salon and would let Lisa have free haircuts once in awhile. But her and Ray have been apart of civil rights meetings. I have joined in on one of their meetings and took Lisa with me.

"Hey everyone, this is Hugo. He has been living with Lisa for almost two weeks now." Allison said introducing us to everyone else in the salon.

We mostly sat in the back as they talked and discussed things. Once everyone left it was just Me, Allsion, Ray, and Lisa. I see the way Lisa looks at them and I think she sees them a her parent figures.

"Hugo I don't really know much about you. So tell me about yourself." Ray said as we cleaned up the salon a bit.

"Uh, I was born October 1st. I ened up in Dallas because I was traveling, and I knew Allsion before I came to Dallas." I thought it would nice to mention I already knew Allsion.

"Oh, how did you know Allsion?" Rasy asked and Allsion peeked over her shoulder as she styled Lisa's hair.

"I knew her through a friend." I said that 'friend' being Five.

We walked back to our houses and went our separate ways. Lisa looked like she was about to collapse because she was so tried.

I layed down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. I thought about me and Five, I wasn't quite sure what we were. I wonder what would he be doing if he was here right now.

Once October 1st came around Lisa said she was going to stay home woth her grandmother. I still haven't officially met her, she is always in bed sick. So I went to Allsion to give her a present since it was also her birthday.

"Hey Hugo! Come on in." Ray said. I walked inside the house and Allsion was sitting on the couch.

"Hey Allsion. Happy Birthday." I said and I sat the gift on their coffee table.

"Hi Hugo. Where is Lisa?" Allsion asked getting up and grabbing a bag.

"She is at home with her grandmother. Apparently she has gotten worse." I said.

"But she should be ok. Lisa said she is a real fighter."

"Well, I got you something for your birthday to Hugo." Allsion said.

She handed me a small bag and I gave her the shoe box. I opened the small bag and there was a book called 'To kill a mockingbird'.

"Thank you Allsion. I'll read it as soon as I can." I said and Allsion opened her box. I got her a nice pair of new heels that she can wear ar her meetings.

"Woah, Hugo how did you afford these?" Allison asked.

"Well me and Lisa both saved up with the money you guys have been paying us with." I said and Allsion brought me into a small hug.

I walked back in Lisa's house and I couldn't find her.

"Hugo! I am in the kitchen!" I walked into the kitchen and Lisa had baked a few cupcakes and had candles on them.

"Happy birthday!"

October went by fast and November came around. Lisa had started going to school because Allsion and Ray helped pay for it. I went over to Elliotts and when he opened the door and he looked like a kid on Christmas.

"Hugo! Your just in time, I've been noticing some irregular sky activities for thr past few hours. Disruptions in the natural weather cycle in this area." Elliott said.

"Woah, and I just came here to give you some snacks." I said I was holding a same bag of snacks Elliott liked.

I stood next to the window with Elliott and we watched the sky. I couldn't see anything and I heard some noises from below.

"Hey I don't think that cloud is gonna come back." I said and Elliott went to grab his camera.

I saw a blue energy and Elliott took a picture of. Five was standing there looking around. Elliott grabbed my arm and pulled me down.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Where did he go." Elliott ignored my question and looked out the window aging. I stood up and looked out the window. Five was gone, now where to be seen.

There was knock on the door.

"Before you meet him he tends to hostile sometimes." I said. Elliott went to answered the door.

"What do you want?" Elliott asked.

"Hi, I am selling encyclopedias for my youth group." Five said my heart jumped I haven't heard or seen him for awhile.

"And I was curious-" Five was cut off by Elliott closing the door on him.

"Why did you do that!?" I said facepalming.

"Because he was selling encyclopedias." Elliott said.

"You just saw him appear put of now where. Why would he be selling encyclopedias!" I said crossing my arms. Five blinked into the room and Elliott shrieked and jumped back.

He fell back into his cabinets before he blindly picked up a sharp object. I just hope Five doesn't try attack first or Elliott attacks first.

"How did you do that!" Elliott yelled him holding a short knife at Five.

"Elliott put the knife down! That's normal for him." I said and took the knife from Elliott.

Five looked over at me and gave me a wide eye smile.

"Hugo." He said and nodded his head and woth out thinking I walked over to Five and hugged him. He stood there kinda still and hugged back. I pulled back a gave a quick smile before turning to Elliott how was just watching. 

"So you two know each other?" Five asked.

"Yeah. He gave me alot of his old clothes." I said.

"Ok, well maybe you can help me." Five said.

"Help you. Of course I can!" Elliott said walking over to me and Five.

"Great, casue I have ten days to find my family and save the world." Five said and I looked at him confused.

"Five, we're in the past for a reason. We have sixty years-" I was cut off Five.

"Before the apocalypse happens? Well it followed us here. I came here ten days into the future. There was hvaoc everywhere, war, killing, and the apocalypse. Other one." Five said.

I ran my hand down my face and leaned onto the couch. Other apocalypse? I took a deep breath, we couldn't get a break.

"I know where Allsion, Vanya, and Diego are." I said.

"You do?" Five asked.

I saw Diego and Vanya in the newspaper. I never went to visit because I did want to go to the nut house where Diego was, and I didn't want to go to Vanya because she was living with nice people and looked happy.

Five walked over to me and grabbed my hand and we walked out of Elliotts place without saying goodbye.

"So, where is Diego living?" Five asked letting go of my hand.

"Uh, he is actually in the psych ward." I said slightly laughing.

"Of course he is. Alright lead the way." Five said and he followed me to the ward.

"So, have you been living with Elliott?" Five asked.

"No. I have been living with a girl named Lisa. Allsion actually lives next door but she isn't home often. Mostly at night." I said.

"Who is Lisa?" Five asked.

"Lisa is a girl living with her grandmother who is sick. She is 11 years old, and is at school right now." I said.

"When did you get here." Five said.

"September. I haven't been here long. But the others have been here for years." I said Five sighed.

"I am sorry. But I think the commission might be after us aging." Five said and I looked at raising an eyebrow.

"I was attacked when I got here. Three Swedish brothers. The killed Hazle too." Five explained.

"Hazle was here?" I asked.

Five nodded and we arrived at the ward. I looked at the building and my hands start sweating.

"You okay?" Five asked.

"I-I don't really wanna go in there. I actually tried to talk to him once, but the didn't let me in." I said looking at building.

"I can convince them." Five said.

"No, Fiv-" I was cut off by Five grabbing my hand and dragging me into the building. We walked through the door and people wear looking probably wording what we're two kids doing here.

Five walked up to the front desk and the woman looked at Five, looked at me, and then at Five.

"Who are you here to see?" She asked.

"We're here to see my brother please, Diego Hargreeves." Five said trying to put on an non-evil look.

"Well, you're sure not related." The lady said looking at me.

"Uh, I'm an family friend." I said smiling hoping it would convince her. I was shocked to see her lean over and pressed a button.

"Two visitors for Mr. Hargreeves. A brother and family friend the claim." She said an official donned in white came to get us.

"How the hell did that work?" I whispered to Five. He only gave me a smile. We took a set and waited for Diego. We walked in with his hair down to his shoulder and he looked like a caveman.

"Five. Hugo." Diego said as he sat down.

"Hey Diego." Five said and he looked Diego up and down.

"You look good in white." Five said.

"About time you showed up."

"How'd you know I would be back?"

"Because that's the kinda shit you pull."

Five sighed and leaned forward in his seat.

"How long have you been here?" Five asked and Diego leaned back in his chair.

"Seventy-five days. I leaned in the alley behind Commerce and Knox." Diego said.

"Yeah, we all did." I said nodding.

"When did you get here?" Diego asked Five.

"I got here this morning." Five said.

"I got here in September. " I said.

"How'd you find me?" Diego asked

"I didn't, Hugo did." Five said nodding at me.

"I found out through a newspaper." I said.

Five pulled out a paper from his pocket and seat it on the table.

"Page 16. Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 1026 N. Beckley." Five read  and slide the paper to Diego.

"That's Lee Harvey Oswald house. Care to explain?" Five asked.

"Let's just say Dallas Law Enforcement has not been supportive of my attempt to stop the...John F. Kennedy." Diego said lowering his vocie.

"That's because it hasn't happened yet." I said leaning forward and putting my arms on the table.

"And it's not going to. Not on my watch. Look, I've been shaving down the bars in my room. Another day or two and I'll be out of this place  then I am gonna stop Oswald and save the president. If you want in, say the word." Diego explained leaning closer to me and Five. His vocie was low so others couldn't hear him.

"Listen to me very closely, you gibbering moron." Five said.

"You're not going to do a goddamn thing."

"Why not?" Diego asked.

"Because we have to stop the apocalypse." Five said.

"No shit, but that doesn't happen for another 60 years." Diego said.

"Not that one. There is another, it followed us." I said.

"I've seen it." Five said and Diego scoffed.

"Nuclear war, in 10 days Diego." Five said.

Diego stared laughing and I looked at Five annoyed and he gave me the same look. I looked down at my watch, I actually needed to pick up Lisa soon.

"And I am the one looked up huh. Fine I'll play along. What casues it?" Diego said.

"I don't know. Maybe some loony took asshole with a hero complex tried to save the president and screwed up everything." Five said.

"So you're saying it worked? I saved the president? I knew I could do it." Diego said as his eyes light up.

"Okay, okay. I'll help you."

"Thank god." I muttered.

"After I saved Kennedy." Diego didn't even wast a second.

"And then you swing us back a few decades and I can slit Hilters throat with a butter knife." Diego said and I let my head fall into my hands letting out a  quite groan.

"This is way you don't have any friends." I said.

"You know what." Five said and he got up and so did I.

"Gruard! My brother is plotting an escape. The bars in his room have been shaved down." Five said.

"Piece of shit!" Diego yelled and he tried to jump across the table towards us. Five put his arm in front of me and the guards pinned him on the table.

"This is for your own good Diego." Five said.

"No! Five! Hugo!" Diego said trying to get out of the guards grip. I crossed my arms across my chest and only watched.

"Listen, my brother is a very sick man. I only pray that he gets the help he needs." Five said acting like a caring little brother. I tried to hide my smirk.

A nurse came un with a needle, a big one at that. And stuck in Diegos neck.

"No please! Not the needle! No!" Diego yelled.

I felt my hands sweating. It was sk weird to watch this.

"Nighty, night." Five said in Diegos ear and Diegos eyes rolled back and closed.

We walked out of the building and we stopped on the side walk and I was about to say something.

"So, who is the closes we can talk to?" Five asked.

"Uh, I mean probably Luther. He is an underground boxer. But I actually have to pick someone up first." I said looking at my watch. I saw Luther in an old newspaper Lisa had laying on her coffee table.

"Pick up someone? Who?" Five asked.

"Lisa. The girl I have been living with, she is in school right know and she is about to get out. So I need to pick her up." I explained and Five gave me a confused look.

"Since when did you pick up kid from school?" Five asked.

"Since I helped her my second day here. I need to go get her." I said and Five nodded and followed me.

When we got to the little school I went up to one of Lisa's teachers.

"Hi, we're here to pick up Lisa Hendrix." I said and the teacher looked over at Five.

"You here brothers?" She asked.

"Uh, no he isn't. I am thought. I am Lisa's older brother." I said and the teacher called for Lisa.

"Hi Hugo!" She said and she looked at Five who was standing next to me.

"Who is this?" Lisa asked as we walked back to Elliotts place so she could stay there.

"Uh, this is Five. He came to help his family and wanted my help to." I explained.

"Wait, like the number?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah like the number." I said Five only gave me a tiny smile. We got to Elliotts and I drop off Lisa. She got to met Elliott around the end of October.

"Alright. Let's go find Luther."

An: This is a long chapter. But I am hoping for Lisa and Five to grow some kind of friendship through the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8.9K 30
!!editing in progress, major changes!! (cussing) (trigger warnings) (no copying/stealing) • "Wednesday," he whispered as I grazed my hand across hi...
1.5M 49.3K 55
𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 | ❝i was about to have my menopause! do i really need to go through all that stuff again?❞ -in which number eight, a telekinetic badass do...
597K 10.8K 30
"Cute husband you have. Always cares about his family," The Handler says as she puts on her sunglasses. "Why don't you try and get a husband of your...
63.5K 1.2K 11
About Oliver, who has "therapy.". From Klaus. Oliver is a special kid, Klaus and his parents were the only ones who knew about his powers. His parent...