𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 |...

By MRSBVRBIE

𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 noun : a state of extreme joy. she was in 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 ever sin... More

𝟎𝟏.
𝟎𝟐.
𝟎𝟑.
𝟎𝟒.
𝟎𝟓.
𝟎𝟔.
08.
09.
10.
𝟏𝟏.
12.
𝟏𝟑.
𝟏𝟒.
𝟏𝟓.
𝟏𝟔.
𝟏𝟕.
𝟏𝟖.
𝟏𝟗.
𝟐𝟎.
𝟐𝟏.
𝟐𝟐.
𝟐𝟑.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
𝟑𝟎.
𝟑𝟏.
𝟑𝟐.
𝟑𝟑.
𝟑𝟒.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
new new.

𝟎𝟕.

15.4K 803 144
By MRSBVRBIE

y'all better go back and vote on that last chapter anyways, excuse any mistakes.

SEMAIJAH

"You ready?" Raylan asked as we both stood outside of the room where the meeting was going to be held.

"Yeah. I'm just hoping this meeting is very important because no way I'm waking up early on my off day. Is there anything wrong with my hair?" I asked him and he analyzed my hair and face.

"What you tryna impress them for? Them niggas don't care bout how you come in." He said and I kissed my teeth slapping my hands down on my sides "Ain't nun wrong with your hair."

"Aight come on." I said and began knocking on the door, I stepped back from the door and a few seconds later the door opened "Hey Marissa."

"Hey Miss Summers and Mr. Steiner, You guys could come in." Marissa greeted us and Raylan just ignored her, I don't know what's the beef between them two but he doesn't like that lady at all.

I will make sure to ask him about such later.

I walked inside of the room and my eyes landed on Ja who was fixing his watch.

Of course, God makes an example out of me. When most people have a one-night stand, they rarely see the person they had it with again, but here I am in a room with him and I just know that this meeting has something to do with us.

Why else would he be here?

"Semaijah it's nice to have you this morning, You and Raylan come sit down." Chris smiled.

As soon as Chris said that, Ja looked up from his watch, and we made eye contact before I hurriedly averted my eyes. When Raylan poked my arm, I looked at him and he nodded toward one of the seats, so I went and sat down, and he followed taking a seat next to me.

"Good Morning Semaijah. Im so happy that you're here. Ja has to go somewhere, so we need to get this meeting over with quickly. Do you know who Ja is?" Leonardo asked and Raylan chuckled.

God could take me off of this planet right now.

"Yes I do know who he is, Hey."

"Wassup." He gave me a nod.

"Great! So there's a video of you and Ja kissing on New Year's, which I'm sure you already know about, and now there's rumors that you two are dating, and I, Chris, and Ja's management know that you two aren't, so we want you guys to date, or at least appear to date. Semaijah, We already know that the theme of your album is heartbreak, Correct?"

"Yes that is the theme."

"You two will therefore act as though you're dating, but when your album is finished and everything is set, you two will announce that you guys called it quits. Semaijah, Everyone will want to listen to your album once you release it since in their mind they're thinking the album is about Ja and they'll start thinking you guys had a really bad breakup. It could help with your album sales and we already discussed all the benefits that Ja will get from this."

"Ja, Do you want to do this?" Ja's manager I'm guessing asked him.

"Shit, You wanna do this?" Ja looked at me.

"Yeah I don't have a problem with it." I shrugged.

"Aight, I don't mind." Ja stated "Is that all though? What else y'all want us doing?"

"You two will have to attend a lot of events together. Semaijah, We will need you at some of Ja's games and since you both are aware of how news reporters and interviewers operate, you should prepare a response in advance."

"Here's the contract." Christ first handed me one packet before handing Ja the other.

"Read that shit carefully ion want you doing something that you don't want to do." Raylan mumbled so only I could hear and I nodded.

Before signing the contract, I carefully studied it to make sure I understood everything. I ripped out one of the sheets out of the packet and retained it because I was allowed to keep it.

"So what's next?" Raylan asked.

"We need to schedule a date for you two. We are aware that Mr. Morant has a game tomorrow and tonight. Will you both be available Friday night?"

"I am." I replied.

"Are you available Friday night Mr. Morant?" Leonardo asked.

"Yeah ion got nothing planned that night."

"Okay, so your planned date will be on Friday night. You two will receive messages with all the details about the date by this afternoon. It was nice talking to you guys. We'll catch up with you soon."

As everyone shook hands and said farewell, I got up and pushed my chair in.

"It was nice meeting you." Ja smirked holding out his hand, He got jokes obviously.

"It was nice meeting you too, See you Friday." I shook his hand before releasing it.

"You ready to go?" Raylan asked me and I nodded. We left out of the office and when we got outside our driver was holding the door for us. I got inside the car first then Raylan "Leonardo got jokes."

"He literally does. I can't believe he really asked me if I knew Ja as if there's not a video of us kissing."

"Ima be real with you ion like the whole publicity stunt dating thing because they got you lying to yo supporters and everybody already but because it's putting more money in yo pockets and you don't have a problem with it, neither do I."

"You so supportive, Thank you. I have a question though and you have to answer."

"Wassup?"

"What's your problem with Marissa? Because every time she comes around you get irritated."

"I knew you was gon ask me that. She had something to do with my homeboy getting put in the hospital and ian like her since. It's been sixteen years but I still don't care. Ion know why she keep tryna talk to me like ion know what she did, Weird ass."

"Is your homeboy okay?"

"Yeah he good. You know Kendrell?" He asked and I nodded before my jaw dropped "Yup."

"I can't believe Marissa would do such thing. I'm glad Kendrell is okay."

"Man you and Ahmahdi be killing me when y'all say that such shit. Where y'all even get that from?" He questioned. Ahmahdi's father is Raylan.

"It makes me feel fancy and proper when I say that. Mahdi got that from me because you know I'm a trend setter, he won't tell you that though."

Raylan's phone started ringing and he held up his finger and took his phone out of his pocket.

"Hello?" He said answering the call. I simply tuned out him talking going on my phone.

I went on Instagram and looked through my notifications, one of which caught my eye.

jamorant started following you. 15m

•••

i just can't bring myself to like this chapter but i refuse to rewrite it so whatever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 1.3K 23
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘗𝘌𝘖𝘗𝘓𝘌 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘛𝘖𝘖.....
102K 4.6K 64
Careful what you take for granted, cause with me you know you could do damage..
21.3K 1.9K 31
𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘥, 𝘪 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰�...
2.4M 111K 49
𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟.