The Golden Guard/Hunter x Rea...

By LEStanley7206

Welcome to my Goldie x Fem!Reader One-shot book! This is my first time writing something like an "x Reader" s... More

Welcome!
Some Hunter Headcanons
Flowers For Potential Heartbreak
The Phoenix under the Harvest Moon
A Midnight Flight
A Cosmic Christmas (Xmas Special 2022)
Hide and Talk *Requested Piece*
A Blissful Blip
1780...
Cramps and Comfort, But Mostly Comfort:
OTP Prompt Generator #1:
Hair and Trauma and Fluff
Replacement or a New Beginning?
Author's Note, Recommend Reading (Tw)
Small Date Night at Home
I-I'm Bisexual...
Belle of the Ball: Grom AU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Celebratory Mini-Party
OTP Prompt Generator #2
Alphabetics
Author's Note: IMPORTANT!
Extra TOH One-shots
Distance to Close: Huntlow One-shot
A Double Surprise: Lumity One-shot
Another Flower in the Garden: Huntlow One-shot
Tension at the Table: Huntlow One-Shot

Connected by A Flower *Requested Piece*

1K 23 43
By LEStanley7206

Author's Note: Hiiiiiiiiii! This piece was requested by one of my fellow followers: @WinterBlue_22 Thank you so much, I've been having writer's block on my Goldie x Reader stuff. Feel free to request any Fluff or Angst. This is my First Goldie x Reader one-shot of 2023!

A Shy!Human!Fem! Reader. This takes place before S2. Y/n means your (first) name, Y/l/n means your last name, y/h/c means your hair color, P/n means palisman name.

TW: Underlying mentions of SA, feel free to talk if you need to. I hope you enjoy the story! Remember, Hunter loves you so very much! 

Hunter's POV

Spring Time was beautiful in the Isles. The Forearm Forests blossomed in full blooms of many shades, including blues, pinks, and purples. Petals spread all over the forest floor like sparkles as I crept up upon a grove of unmistakable fiery orange lilies.

Belos had ordered me to seek out a healing flower for Hettie Cutbum, the Healing Coven Head. She needed its seeds and it's said its petals make excellent potion ingredients so Vitimir, the Potions Coven Head, might be pleased with a little bit of the flower as well.

I peaked my head inside the cove, next to a giant tree sat a girl with shining y/h/c hair. She sat in her Hexside uniform with maroon and forest green colors with her back against the mauve engraved trunk. Her Palisman nuzzled against her side. One leg was stretched out, with one curled to her chest so she could have a flat surface for her drawing pad.

She was highly in focus on her drawing with her pencil tightly grasped, only looking up ever so slightly to the one of the White Snapping Flowers with Midnight Blue speckles that I needed. I heard her humming a song I had never listened to before. It was soothing and calm and the spring's water glowed an elegant turquoise, making the scenery perfect.

I don't know how long I stared for, till I shook my head and felt an itch on my neck, "Hunter, you've got to focus! You can't fail again, or else... Belos," I told myself.

I snuck through the brush of flowers, trying to be as quiet as possible, but I felt a stick or vine at my foot and fell through, officially scaring the girl off. "Wait, don't go!" I yelled. But she didn't come back.

I finished up my flower business and went to Belos, but I promised to come back tomorrow.

Y/n's POV

The Snapping White Azalea with Midnight Blue speckles was a wonder to draw. Other than Willow Park at school, I've never had someone more interested in the flower. Willow told me it had insane healing capabilities and worked wonders in potions. It made it so appealing to me.

There wasn't anything like this flower in the Human Realm. Luz and I have seen lilacs, daisies, flytraps, chrysanthemums, and classic roses, but nothing compares to this flower. The beauty of the glow around it, the light from the forest's canopy, and the cool spring breeze made it perfect to draw.

I got to work pulling out my drawing pad and a few decorative pencils. (P/n) was sleeping next to me peacefully. I also subconsciously started humming one of my favorite songs. It was peaceful and quiet in the cove. No one to bother me or bully me, all by myself, with only my thoughts and the sunny day.

I heard rustling in the bushes but brushed it off. Next thing I hear is a thud to my right, I grabbed my bag, my palisman and flew off, not wanting any confrontation with whatever came through the bush.

Back in the Human realm, I was bullied a lot for loving music and plants and art, I wasn't really good at the core subjects and my parents weren't exactly supportive of the idea of being an artist or a florist with my own shop. I stumbled upon an old shack in my town of Gravesfield and now I'm here! I met Luz who was the only other Human here. It was hard for me to make friends, but she and I clicked and we bonded over "not fitting in" together, then I met her friends. I love them, especially Willow since she liked plants.

------ Timeskip Brought to you by Luz being Blightsexual ------

The following day I went back to the cove to explore around, setting my bag down next to the tree and sitting by the water. I took off my shoes and socks and dipped my toes in. Slightly chilly but refreshing. (P/n) was splashing and playing around like a little baby.

I heard the bushes rustling again. I grabbed some plant glyphs in which Luz let me have and stood behind the tree waiting, "Who's there? Come out! Come out!" I say to no one in particular. My palisman stood guard.

3rd Person POV

Hunter saw the girl from yesterday, frightened with her Palisman standing guard. So he stepped out of the bushes quietly as not to spook her. He wanted to talk to her and get to know her. He never had a friend before, only Sprig: his plush frog.

Out from the westside, Hunter came out from the bushes with his dirty blonde hair, sparkling magenta eyes, and a shimmering golden uniform with a stark white cloak. He has his hands raised in the air meaning no harm. "It's okay, Miss. I don't wish to hurt you," he replied.

"You scared me, for a second, Mister," Y/n said, lowering the glyphs slightly. Her palisman ran up to Hunter and stood beside him, not attacking like they normally would've done to strangers. That seemed to calm Y/n a little bit. "What 'cha doing here? Like the flowers too?"

Hunter crept closer, slowly. It was as if he was teasing his presence but also was trying to be gentle and kind to her, so as to not scare her off. His eyes glowed with this immense passion color and his hair flowed with the wind gracefully. It looked soft and Y/n wanted to run her fingers through it, even though they just met.

For some odd reason, it felt like she had know him forever. She wasn't as afraid anymore.

Hunter found something beautifully different about the girl. This time her hair was put up. She had glowing skin and her outfit was nicely clean as Hunter could smell a refreshing vanilla flavor. Y/n's eyes sparkled in the sunlight and Hunter felt his cheeks grow warm.

Probably just sun, Hunter thought.

"No, not really into flowers. But these ones might make an exception," Hunter said with a chuckle. "I saw you drawing them beautifully yesterday as I came to grab a few, myself."

"Oh, so it was you that scared me off yesterday?" Y/n laughed.

"Yes, I didn't mean to. I'm sorry about that, Belos sent me here for a couple 'handfuls' of the flowers," Hunter remarks. "The flowers have-"

Y/n interrupted him in excitement, "Magical Healing properties! And are great ingredients for potions! Yeah, I studied a lot on them, my best friend Willow and I are obsessed with the Azaleas!"

"Wow, impressive," the Blonde boy smirked. He then frowned, "Sorry, I didn't catch your name, Miss."

"Oh, m-me?" Y/n asked in a stutter. "Y-You don't need to know that, you'll probably never see m-me again after today anyways..."

Hunter comes up to the girl and grabs her hands lightly. He's not rough compared to other boys Y/n had met in the past. They had always had a morally wrong motive behind meeting her, and it always ended with her in the school's office and them claiming she "lying" about something that happened to her. 

Normally she would've backed off, but there was something about Hunter that intrigued her. He had this distinctive aura around him, it made him approachable. They're only a few inches apart, Y/n had never gotten this close with a guy unless it was her Dad. She couldn't look Hunter in the eyes, feeling afraid to fall and not knowing if someone would catch her.

Hunter doesn't force Y/n to look at him with a rough pull on her chin and his voice is soothing as he speaks instead of a devilish snarl. It's like an angel. "What. Is your name? Miss?" He inquires.

"Y-Y/n, Y/n Y/l/n," She sputters to him.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she sees him smile, and that gives her the courage to look up at him. She raises her head slowly, her eyes meeting his soft looking, kissable lips... WAIT! WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM Y/N! Then, she meets his hooked nose before meeting his dazzling magenta eyes. 

She'd never seen such beauty from a human or other witches before. She ends up staring a little bit too long. Y/n felt awkward and took a small step back, placing her hands around her waist, slightly pulling at the fabric like she always does when she's nervous.

"That's a gorgeous name. Normally, I wouldn't do this but I see something special in you Miss Y/n." The boy replies.

Y/n's cheeks go red. Other than her parents, no one had ever told Y/n that her name was "pretty" or "gorgeous" before. "What?"

He bows like a prince, his longer hair strand falling in front of his face. He raises himself back up and smiles. A tooth gap was there and it was charming looking. "Normally I'm not one for telling my name to someone I've just met," He explained. "My name is Hunter, and I'm the Golden Guard. But I would much rather be thought of as a normal witchling like yourself."

"O-Oh, I'm not really a witch," Y/n corrected him.

"Really?" He looked at her rounded ears. "Oh, you're human!"

"Yeah," She sighed. "I'll just go. Probably don't wanna be friends with a human anyways."

"No no!" Hunter grabbed her hand again, making her turn towards him. But Y/n kept her head down. "Your ears are... unique and... cute. Just like yourself."

She blushed again, only darker. "Thank you, Hunter. But you really don't have to be nice to me-"

Hunter ran off to the bushel of Azalea's and grabbed a couple flowers, he raced back and placed them behind her ear. The Snapping of the Azaleas felt like soft kisses against her temple. She giggled at the ticklish feeling, making Hunter smile bigger, "You're really pretty, Y/n. You don't give yourself enough credit for it."

Y/n looked up at him, she couldn't hold herself back. They had just met but she was feeling something she had never felt before with anyone other than Luz and Willow. She felt happy and wanted. She felt like she was home, more than ever. She felt... loved.

Y/n went up on her toes and pecked his lips really fast, a spark ignited between them with that small gesture. Hunter didn't even get a chance to process the mini kiss before she ran off. "Sorry, I don't know why I did that! I'll just go... Byeeeee!"

She grabbed her bag and supplies running off. Her palisman stayed behind curling against Hunter's foot as a goodbye before joining her. 

A single pink rose pin that fell off her bag, but she didn't realize it. She held onto the flowers Hunter gave her dearly, praying with a shit-eating grin that he just might come back tomorrow to meet her again.

Hunter picked up the rose pin and placed it on his cloak next to the clasp with the Emperor's Sigil. He took off his glove and rested his fingers softly over his lips, reminiscing the smooth feel of the one second, first kiss they shared. Hunter's face dusted pink and was doing a little happy dance inside. 

He only hoped Y/n would come back tomorrow too.

1,934 Words total. I hope this was up to snuff with your liking!

Published 1/3/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.5K 35
The reader will be treated as they/them. When the scout y/n became the Raven Watcher everything changed. They were only 14 at the time, many people w...
5.3K 177 64
This Hunter toh x shy!fem!human!reader headcanons, drabbles and Oneshots I requested! 💖 Credits to favorite and wonderful Tumblr bloggers are who wr...
2.6K 79 1
I saw the lack of Hunter/Reader Fanfic so I knew I had to make some. This story is about YOU! You are a witch who wants to join the Emperor's Coven b...
2.9K 74 12
A Golden Guard X Reader fan fiction! Not my art so I give full credit to the owner. There will definitely be some lovey dovey scenes. I apologize for...