The Whispers of Shadows - Azr...

By smplymxlfoy

Locked in darkness for centuries. Aurora had always been afraid of the dark, but when it became her home for... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
ANNOUNCEMENT

80

3.9K 76 35
By smplymxlfoy

After being bombarded with questions, slapped on the back by Cassian, and coddled by Azriel, Aurora was grateful to be back in her room for a moment. Everyone was still exhausted from the amount they had drank the night before, so most of them went back to their rooms to sleep after breakfast. Aurora sighed as Azriel closed the door, turning around and wrapping her arms around his neck. He dipped down and kissed her softly.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his thumb sweeping over her cheek. Aurora nodded and tugged him down for another kiss.

"I'm just tired, I think," she said, immediately followed by a yawn. Azriel chuckled.

"I imagine you are. Let's go lay down, then," he offered. Aurora gratefully took that offer and followed him to the bed. Azriel kicked off his boots and sat on the edge. Aurora climbed onto the bed and plopped down on her stomach, sighing loudly. Azriel gave her a soft smile and laid on his side, his large hand going to her back and running along her spine. Aurora smiled up at him, eyes falling closed. They laid like that a while, quiet as Aurora soaked in his gentle touches.

"I'm glad I found you," Azriel whispered after a long moment. Aurora opened one eye, reaching out to tug him closer. She turned onto her back, slipping beneath his body.

"I am, too," she whispered back, smiling as he leaned down a pressed a slow kiss to her lips.

"I'm so incredibly serious, Aurora. I'd be lost without you. I don't remember what my life was like before you joined me, and I don't want to. You've brought so much light into my world."

Aurora couldn't help her smile that grew wider, her hand resting on his jaw. Her thumb drew circles in the scruff on his cheek.

"I think you can imagine how much better my life has gotten. I have you, love, a family, and friends. I never imagined a life like this back then, I didn't think I deserved it. I wished for it, everyday, but I didn't think I'd ever get something like this," Aurora whispered back, swallowing the lump that formed in her throat. Azriel seemed to notice because he kissed her again, deeply. His hand slid behind her head and tangled in the hair there.

"Do you know the reason I never searched for my mate? Why I always held back from relationships?" Azriel murmured against her lips. Aurora shook her head. "I grew up thinking that I deserved nothing. I was raised to believe I was nothing more than another body to feed. Even when Cass and Rhys reminded me everyday that I am just as great as them, I never let myself believe it. I saw you in that room, that abyss, and I felt something. All I knew was that I needed you out of there and to know that you were safe. When you looked at me the first time you saw me, in the House of Wind, that feeling grew stronger.

"When we trained, the feeling of your skin on mine drove me mad. I knew there was something about you that couldn't keep me away. I knew you were my mate the day we brought Lucien to meet you. The way he looked at you and me, it triggered something. I couldn't stand not being there to protect you, and that's why I pushed myself into every day of your life there. When you accepted the bond, even if it wasn't what you wanted at the time, I truly believed I had no other reason to live than to love you."

Aurora glanced between his eyes, brushing her thumb over his cheek. She believed him with every fiber of her being, because she felt the same way. A day without Azriel seemed impossible, and not a moment went by where she didn't want his skin on hers. She couldn't even fathom not breathing the same air as him.

"I love you. I love you more than I thought possible," she squeaked, brushing her lips against his. Azriel inhaled deeply, his eyes falling shut. "I don't believe I would've lived another day if you hadn't brought me here. You helped me grow in every way."

He kissed her this time, slowly and softly. Aurora kissed him back, squeezing her eyes closed to push away the tears that formed in her eyes. Azriel's other hand slid to her waist, holding her in place. When his lips pulled from hers, Aurora inhaled deeply.

"I thank the stars for you," she continued, throat working on a swallow, "I would've never become this if I hadn't had you by my side. You taught me how to fight back, to save myself. You taught me how to trust and to love. The past months have been so difficult, but I got through them because of you." The tears fell silently now, Azriel kissing them away.

"You're so brave, beautiful, strong. You brought yourself through those months," he whispered against her cheek. Aurora shook her head softly.

"Only because of what you taught me. Only because you were always waiting for me." Aurora pressed her thumb to his cheek, moving his lips to hers. She could kiss him forever, feel him forever.

"I love you," Azriel breathed out. It sounded as if they were the only words he could form. Aurora kissed him again, eyes squeezed shut as another tear fell. The emotions that were stirred caused Azriel's shadows to kiss her skin. She felt the cold air that traveled up her body and to her cheeks. When she opened her eyes, Azriel's face seemed darker, the shadows entirely around them. She couldn't believe that she had once been terrified of the darkness that now cocooned around her and her mate.

"I lived a life in darkness and wished for nothing but light." Azriel lifted his head, observing Aurora as she searched for the words to continue. "I was kept in the cold and dark for a majority of my life and never imagined to see the light again. Now that I have it, now that I can feel the sun on my skin and bring a light into any room, the darkness comforts me. Shadows used to taunt me from the depths of that room, and now I welcome them." Azriel kissed her tears again.

"As a child, I'd hide in my room full of candles and beg the stars to let the sun rise again. I was terrified of even a corner of my bedroom not being lit with a candle. I find it ironic that my life is now in the Night Court, my mate a Shadowsinger. Everything that I dreaded, I now desire in every moment. I crave your shadows on my skin, I wish to see the stars every night. You were my worst nightmare as a child, and now, you're everything that I could ever want."

Azriel kissed her again, unable to find the words to respond with. Aurora was fine with that, there were no words needed in this moment. The hand on her waist pulled her shirt up, up until it lifted over her head. Azriel tugged down her shorts, Aurora kicking them from her feet. He did the same with her underclothes, and then everything on his body was gone. As sore as she may be, Aurora wanted nothing more than to feel the words he wanted to say.

Her legs kicked up around his hips, driving him closer. Their lips didn't part, just continued to kiss as slowly and deeply as before. Azriel held her closely to his body. Aurora felt as if they were one of the same. His hand lowered to her core, testing her arousal. Aurora hummed against his lips, feeling his finger against the slickness. He brought his hand back up between them. One hand rested at the back of her head, the other resting on her cheek.

He sunk in slowly, letting her adjust. Aurora winced at the slight pain but used her legs to urge him forward. When Azriel was in entirely, he didn't move for a few moments, kissing her with his last breath. When they pulled away for air, Azriel moved his lips to her cheek and jaw, pulling back slowly and moving forward inch by inch.

Aurora didn't care how rough or fast he moved, just the sensation of him filling her was enough to satisfy. All she wanted was to be close to him, and this was as close as they could possibly be. Her hand still rested on his jaw, the other reaching up and caressing the boning of his wing. The velvety yet leathery skin was soft beneath her fingertips. Azriel shuddered, bringing his mouth back to hers.

He began to move more, still slow but ending his thrusts with enough power to bring her utter bliss. Aurora moaned into his mouth, grasping his wings higher up. This was more than sex. It was nothing like what had happened the night before, or any other time they'd fallen into lust. This was purely emotion and words that never needed to be spoken. This was the show of gratitude for having each other.

Aurora tilted her head back, her back arching as he drove in deeper. Her nails ran along the wing, falling to where it became his back. Her fingers ran along the muscles there, the base of the wing. Azriel moaned, his head dropping to her shoulder. He littered the skin there with open mouthed kisses, praising her for the way she caressed him.

"I love you, I love you," Aurora chanted in a whisper. A moan followed her words, feeling him slide out almost completely and slowly sinking back in. Azriel nipped at her ear, his breath hit against her skin.

"I love you," he repeated her words, thrusting in harder than before. They both moaned and Aurora clawed at the skin between his wings. She felt the way it affected him, the way his back stiffened and he thrusted harder.

The way his shadows kissed at her skin and the way his body moved with hers, Aurora could hear the words he didn't say. She knew he was thanking the stars for her, thanking her for saving him from whatever despair he had felt throughout his life. The way she touched his wings, made sure that he felt everything, was her way of speaking.

Aurora turned her head and kissed his jaw as he moaned into her ear. The tip of her finger rose from the base of his wings and traced the curve in the bone. Azriel trembled, his hand tightening on her hair slightly. Her body heated, snapping into the long and glorious orgasm that he carried her to. Azriel fell over the edge just after her, whispering her name and praises.

When their bodies calmed and Azriel pulled out of her, Aurora tucked her body against his. Azriel laid on his side, his arm going around her back and pulling her against him. Aurora pressed small kisses to his clavicle, tucking her legs against his. Azriel brought his wing over them, shielding their bodies from the sunlight that poured in through the window.

Aurora had never felt safer. Maybe it was the knowledge that her mate was one of the most feared Illyrian warriors, or maybe that she knew she could face any threat. Maybe it was the way he cradled her body to his and laid his wing over them like a shield against the world.

All Aurora knew was that she was in her mate's arms, so full of love that she was certain he could feel it against his skin. She knew that she was in a house full of people that loved her, that would protect her. She had a family, someone to love, and all the time in the world to enjoy it.

The End.

** I wanted to take the chance to thank you all. This story has been a journey, and as I'm writing this, it has gained 25K reads. There are no words to describe how grateful I am to see how many people enjoy my work.
I'd like to extend an offer in the comments for feedback, thoughts, suggestions for new stories. Anything your hearts desire, I'd love to read it in the comments!

Thank you all again, I love you, and I will see you soon. -smplymxlfoy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 962 37
Love conquers everything they say, but does it death? The story of two lovers destined to be together but haunted by the ghosts of the past. Slowbur...
135K 5K 54
Adria Archeron only had one goal in life. Survive. The Archeron reputation disintegrated right before her eyes. Over night her family's wealth and r...
11.3K 265 17
ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ʟɪɴᴇᴛᴛᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ɴʏx'ꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ᴀ ꜰᴀɴ ꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ʙᴀꜱᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ 'ᴀ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴏʀɴꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴏꜱᴇꜱ'. 🌹 Status: Completed !Sweari...
82.1K 3.1K 74
Feyre Archeron and her best friend had been close since they were young. They trusted each other and were there for each other in times of need. But...