The Druid Wielder

By LilOldMeTree

Lady Emilea has only ever wanted to be accomplished like her siblings. Yet, no matter how much she studies po... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 36

0 2 0
By LilOldMeTree

My body ached as I stretched wide and yawned.

"Palleas." There he sat next to me.

His eyes shone bright as they met my own. He hugged me with a laugh.

"I knew you would be alright." He claimed. "Let me go tell the others." He ran out before I could ask him what had happened. I patted my body for injuries. None that I could find.

"Good to see you up."

I looked up to see Beatra standing at the end of my bed. She no longer had her wrists bound.

"Beatra." I quickly located my sword laying on a table to the side of the bed. Her eyes darted to the sword as well.

"I'm not here to kill you if that's what you think." She smirked.

"Oh, since when the change of heart?" I coughed lightly.

"I think you are crazy and I like that."

What did that mean? She changed her mind because she liked how crazy I seemed? She had to be joking right?

"You stood up for me back there. You didn't have to. I was your enemy. You could have saved all the trouble if you just handed me over, yet you didn't." Beatra chuckled. "Then you tried to save her-"

"As I told you, I don't want to kill any more people."

"That's what makes you crazy. That, right there. Emilea, that is without a doubt the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It is impossible to be a fighter and not kill anyone. Kelrith, Bargonaan, and even Palleas know that; myself included." She paused. "I've decided to help you guys."

I raised my brows.

"But," she interrupted my shock. "But you have to get what I am saying through your head otherwise people are gonna die. You are going to die."

"I am happy you are on our side. Holding prisoners was never my thing." I smiled at her.

Beatra clicked her tongue at me. She probably didn't like the fact that I made no response to her warning.

"Promise me, if the time comes, and it comes between your life or theirs, you will choose theirs."

I looked at her. She seemed surprisingly serious considering she was my enemy only a few days ago. Why was she giving me advice?

"Emilea?"

"Ok, ok." I waved her off.

Palleas walked in.

"Beatra."

"Palleas."

They nodded to each other. Palleas looked at her then to me, almost in a way to ask if I was ok. I smiled trying to ease his discomfort.

"So, what happened?"

He hesitated.

"It is a bit complicated."

"Indeed it is." A small old man entered the cabin I once stayed at with Andrion and Abernan. "My name is Vyndor. I have been taking care of you."

"You have been asleep for a week." Palleas explained.

"A week?" How? Why?

"It is a miracle that you even survived." Vyndor sat down on a stool next to the cot I rested in.

Had I been injured somehow? Had my shoulder gotten reinfected?

"Tell me." he says. "Are you stupid?"

"Excuse me?" I asked the Druid Vyndor. What kind of question was that?

"Have you felt a loss of appetite? Has your body felt fatigued?"

"I suppose so." I recalled feeling those exact symptoms during my fight with Felicia.

"Of course you have. Your sword is way too powerful for you." He pointed at my sword which lay on a table, clean. No longer red with the blood of Felicia.

"What do you mean?"

He sighed.

"Tell me what you learned about the sword." He demanded.

"Ok? I feel its power when the sword's hilt burns in my hand. Then I know it is ready to be activated."

"And?" He pried for more.

"And, then when it has no more power left, it will stop?"

The old man scratched his gray whiskery chin.

"Did Abernan not teach you how to wield that sword?"

"I don't understand."

He sighed even louder.

"Listen closely. What I say next is very, very important." I nodded, as did Palleas, though I am sure the old man was talking to me. He grabbed my sword off the table. He held it out so we could all see. "True, this sword is magical, but it is not magical because of the stone it was made with." I looked up at him. Hadn't Debynn claimed the stone was very rare, a stone he called a Druid's stone? "This sword can only activate with Druid power. It is only as powerful as its user."

"But that would mean-"

"That you are a druid." He nodded.

"What?" I looked at Vyndor.

"You think we are the only druids because we live together in a small village away from everyone else. The truth is, many people throughout Galasia aren't even aware they are druids, like you."

"How?"

"It's passed down through blood. In your case it is through your mother's." The other's must have told him who I was.

"Queen Ezailia was a Druid?" I don't remember Akyto ever telling me that.

"Indeed she was. Though many did not know it. Many say that is the reason why Queen Ezailia was murdered. Those who were not blessed with the power became jealous and started murdering anyone with druid power. The King was one of those people."

There was still so much of myself that I did not know. So many stories of a past I did not know. What was real? What was fake? Was the King my father? Was I really a druid? How had this stayed hidden for so long? I needed to learn the truth, whatever it be. That's all I wanted from the King.

"It's possible that KuRath was the one that really murdered her." Palleas claimed.

"Is this so?" The old man looked at me. I nodded. It was a possibility. If KuRath was a powerful druid acting on his own, he might be the one causing all the problems in Galasia as of late.

"We need to go to the capital and stop him." Palleas stood.

Kelrith and Bargonaan entered.

"We just received word that Prince Andrion, Abernan, and Vermilion are on the move. They plan to attack the capital. They should reach Entheria by tomorrow. We need to go now."

"Go get ready, I will be behind you." I smiled at Palleas and the other two. They left me behind with the old Druid.

"Not in your condition, no you are staying here."

I sat up. My body felt exhausted.

"I don't think you understand the severity of the situation."

"No, you don't. If we do not go now they will kill the King, who we believe is innocent. If they kill him..." I trailed off. "He knows more than he has let on. That is why I must get to him before the others."

"Let me show you something." He grabbed my hand and placed it on my heart. "Close your eyes."

"We really do not have time-"

"Do as I say, Emilea." His tone was sharp.

I reluctantly obeyed. He spoke something in a different tongue and suddenly everything became warmer. There at the corner of my eyes, I saw a light. It was small, like a flame. I approached it. A lite breeze made it flicker from side to side. My heart suddenly felt whole. "Do you see it?" Vyndor asked.

"Yes."

"Good." He moved my hand to his own chest. I hesitated at first but soon was eased by the thump thump thump of his heart. Once again he spoke in a different tongue. Was this the language of the Druids? If I was a Druid, could I speak it as well?

"What about now?" He asked.

A wildfire spread around me. It caught fire to every inch of darkness that existed in my mind. It was as bright as the sun. I had to squint, but it was incredible. Its brought warmth to my entire body. I reached out my hand somehow not afraid at all at the burn that might follow, though no burn did. The fire flowed around my hand with ease and beauty. I laughed. The bright yellow flame bounced around.

He took my hand off and the flames disappeared.

"What was that?" I asked.

"It is our life force. Our souls. Yours should be like mine, but was it?" I shook my head. "No, it wasn't. Do you know what it was two days ago when they brought you to me?" Once again I shook my head.

"Nothing. There was nothing."

What did that mean? Was he saying that I died?

"I don't know how you survived. If I am being completely honest with you, you shouldn't have. It was a miracle I suppose. Even Abernan would have struggled to bring you back."

"But you did."

"Yes, I did. This is why you can not go. You need to rest."

"I have already decided." I ignored his warning.

"This sword." He held it up for me to see. "This sword, like others similar to it, uses life force. That is what Druid magic is. It is dangerous. You need to have the proper training to even use Druid magic, which is why I don't understand why Abernan didn't tell you."

"Can you teach me now?"

"It is not something you can learn in a day. It takes many, many days to master."

I had figured he would say that. Taking the sword from him, I began putting on my armor Palleas had set out for me.

"Emilea. If you use this sword again it will kill you."

I finished putting my armor on and looked at the old man.

"So be it."

"My, you are a stubborn one." Vyndor placed his hands on his hips.

"So I am told."

I left him and went outside. The sun was warm and the view of the surroundings were just as beautiful as the last time. It was something to be thankful for. If the old man hadn't saved me, I would not have been able to see this view again.

Bargonaan, Kelrith, and Beatra were on their horses, with a new brown spotted one for me, since I am pretty sure mine ran off in the last fight.

"You ready?" Kelrith asked. I nodded yes.

"I respect your determination, Emilea. As a Druid, a race that is near extinction, I warned you against using that sword. However, seeing that you have made up your mind, I shall say this one thing. If you do use the sword again, keep it short. Any longer than a few minutes and-" Vendor warned.

"I understand."

"What, are you crazy? That will kill her." Palleas responded.

"I just spent two days keeping her alive. I am not going to just throw that away." He looked at me. Three druid women appeared behind him. They were around the same age as the old man. They walked over to me. "Let us give you our blessing. It will increase your spirit by a little. That, unfortunately, is all we can do at this time." I gave them my hands. They closed their eyes. Beatra and the others watched.

Though I couldn't see my soul fire, I think I could feel it grow. It was like the feeling you get when you are hunting. Excitement or a type of hunger.

"Thank you."

"The fastest way to increase your soul's will without magic is to be as positive as you can be. Let nothing waver your feelings. Be like the moon, that never frowns." One of the Druid women smiled.

"It won't be enough though." Vyndor looked at me. "I pray that you, somehow, accomplish what you need without the sword.

"What of the Black Lotus I gave you?" Kelrith interrupted.

"Just another reason why you shouldn't go. This is dark magic. Do you know of a time you might have been exposed to a powerful sorcerer?"

A powerful sorcerer? Perhaps I had but I had seen many people. So perhaps one had been a sorcerer.

"I only have met the sorcerers from this village. Though we believe KuRath might be one and he and I have crossed paths."

"In order to perform the Black Lotus spell, they would have had to have direct contact with you. Afterwards, some who have experienced it say you don't feel yourself. Sometimes you can even lose your thoughts." He explained.

I suppose I have been very forgetful recently but wasn't that because of my lack of sleep? I thought back to the time I was controlled. I had seen KuRath in my dream. Perhaps he had somehow snuck into the Assassin camp and found my tent. I suppose it was possible, but how had no one seen?

"Once applied they can control you at will. Depending on how strong the spell was, decides how long the spell will last."

"Can she still be controlled?" Bargonaan asked.

"Yes. When I healed you, Emilea, I could sense the spell on you. Unfortunately, Black Lotus is a very tricky spell. I am afraid there is nothing we can do with it. To sever a bond like that requires powerful dark magic that only a few druids have been taught. There are only two Druids that I know of who could help you. Abernan and his brother Kapernus. Sadly Kapernus is locked away in Rystan, Galasia's prison."

"Abernan is with Andrion, is he not?" I am sure Kelrith directed that question at me but I didn't respond. Why hadn't Abernan helped me before? He acted as he had never heard of such a curse. He was the one that had me sent away. Perhaps Debynn was right for warning me about him.

"Is there any other way?" I asked Vyndor.

"Sometimes it is possible to see through being controlled. Though it requires a mighty strong will, it is possible. Once again it is something that must be practiced and learned."

"Is there anything else that could break the spell?" I asked hopefully.

"Death. To either the user or the used." One of the druid women spoke.

We were all quiet. Not good news.

"Unfortunate that I am not trying to kill you anymore, otherwise I could have helped with that," Beatra smirked.

"Lucky me." I rolled my eyes.

"So all we have to do is kill KuRath. Why didn't you just say that first, old man? That is easier." Palleas smiled.

"If he uses dark magic as you say he does, it will not be easy."

"We will figure it out." Kelrith half smiled.

"Yes, thank you. All of you, for your help." I was grateful for all of their help, but I was also worried. Not just for myself, but for the safety of my friends that stayed near me. If I was controlled again, there is no saying who I might hurt.

"I hope we meet again, in a time where Galasia is at peace." Vyndor waved as we departed.

I hoped the same. We all did, I was sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 1.3K 77
Lyra's life hasn't been ideal. A powerful spellcaster, she's been on the run from her past. Until she is recruited into the legendary Guardians, the...
66.7K 4.2K 70
(Completed) Two assassins were set to kill a girl. No questions asked. Just kill her and claim their prize. That was their mission. Except one of the...
ROYAL BLOOD 👑 By masmonaa

Historical Fiction

719 41 30
"What in the world are you doing here?" His voice was stern, tinged with annoyance. "You should not have come. It's too dangerous." Elara stepped clo...
5.8M 260K 82
(Complete) **A MATURE FANTASY** Book #1 in the Elemental Heir Series. Now published and available in PAPERBACK and KINDLE on AMAZON!! 🤍 "Your ready...