The Whispers of Shadows - Azr...

By smplymxlfoy

Locked in darkness for centuries. Aurora had always been afraid of the dark, but when it became her home for... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
ANNOUNCEMENT

72

2.3K 55 2
By smplymxlfoy

Azriel wasn't convinced by Aurora's calm demeanor. He didn't go for the hand that she had reached out to him. Aurora sighed and let the hand fall to her side.

"It will be okay, you will be there, Cassian will be there, and Rhys will be there," Aurora continued to reason. Azriel looked up at Cassian, jaw tight.

"I will protect her," Cassian added, stepping beside Aurora again. She wanted to grimace, Aurora wanted to be her own protector, but at least with this, she'd be able to calm Azriel. Finally, he stepped toward her. Aurora kept her eyes on his as his hands slid to her face, lifting her chin.

"I vow to never let another person hurt you, Aurora. I don't know how much of Rhys's orders I can follow if Tamlin says something to you," he muttered. Aurora leaned into his touch, nearly forgetting Cassian was there at all.

"You've trained me, Azriel. Allow me to be my own savior this time. If something is said or done, I'd like to be the one to retaliate. Follow the High Lord's orders, as will I, but if things go wrong, I want it to be me."

Azriel didn't seem to like that idea, but he pressed a long kiss to her forehead and nodded slowly.

"You should be the warrior you've been trained to be. It's on your demand, Aurora," he whispered. Aurora's lips lifted into a gentle smile, her hand cupping his that rested on her cheek.

"Why would he keep this from us? If it has to do with the safety of Velaris and our family, why would he hide it?" Cassian chimed in. Azriel's hands slowly fell from Aurora's face as he looked up at Cass. Aurora kept her hand on his even when it fell between them.

"I think he didn't want to create panic. He may have wanted everything to be normal until the time came, just so that Aurora would not be afraid and I wouldn't... Well, so I wouldn't act the way that I did," Azriel thought aloud. Aurora was sure that is why, even Feyre kept it quiet. They wanted Feyre and Nyx to slip away unnoticed and for the panic to remain minimal. She could understand that, but she would've trained harder if she understood why she was doing it.

That's what they ended up doing. Cassian, Azriel, and Aurora went to the training ring and pushed themselves to make every move perfect. Aurora worked on her power only a couple hours longer before joining the males in working with swords and daggers. Rhysand joined them when the afternoon fell into evening. As night made its appearance, the four of them stumbled back to the house with sore limbs and the thirst for battle.

None of them bothered to clean up or change before joining the rest of the group at the dinner table. The meal was already served, and the four of them began divulging in the feast to soothe the ache in their bellies. Aurora had nearly devoured half her plate before realizing Mor, Nesta, and Elain were staring at them.

"What?" She asked after swallowing another bite.

"Why are you all sweaty and starving?" Mor asked, resting her chin on the back of her hand. Aurora glanced at Rhys, who was looking at Feyre. She knew they were having a mental conversation and that Rhysand lost whatever argument they were having because he cleared his throat and laid his utensils on his plate.

"We received word that Helion has learned of Lucien's death. He visited the Spring Court to speak with him, bond over a lost relationship, but Tamlin informed him that Azriel had killed him. Tamlin lied and said that we brutally attacked his estate, he did not mention Aurora's kidnapping. Helion will be here tomorrow at sunrise to discuss what had happened, and he will be bringing Tamlin."

"What?" Nesta snarled, her head whipping to Cassian. He leaned back in his seat and his eyes pleaded for Rhysand to continue.

"I expect it to be civil. Feyre and Nyx will be taken to the cabin tonight, I will return before Helion and Tamlin arrive. Aurora will be joining Azriel and Cassian and I in the meeting. If you wish to join, I ask that you wear your leathers and weapons, and prepare for anything to happen," Rhysand spoke on. Elain looked white in the face, Nesta and Mor looked furious.

"How long have you known of this, Rhysand?" Mor asked with a vicious tone.

"Three days," he responded. Mor shoved off from the table then. She didn't want to listen to any more of this, because she left the dining room and Aurora heard her footsteps climbing the stairs.

"I haven't trained in over a week, Rhysand, why would you not tell us?" Nesta snapped. He sharpened a glare on her.

"I did not want anyone to panic, especially because they will be coming to Velaris. I was going to tell you tonight, but I told Azriel and Cassian and it all went to shit. If you'd prefer to remain in your rooms when they are here, then you can do that," Rhysand retorted. Nesta snarled, throwing her napkin onto her plate.

"I would like to stay in my room," Elain murmured. Rhysand gave her a nod. Nesta looked over at her sister, nails tapping against the table.

"I will wear my leathers and bring my weapons, but I will stay with Elain unless I hear something happen. Then I will fight."

"As you wish," Rhys responded, picking up his fork again. Aurora didn't like how he went about it, he could've delivered the news sooner and calmer, but instead half of the estate was angry with him. He seemed to make this mistake often. Aurora pushed the thought away and finished her meal, desperate to bathe and lay in her bed. Azriel finished eating soon after and the two of them bid their good nights before trudging to the stairs.

Aurora tucked her hand between his arm and side, holding his bicep as they climbed the stairs and entered her bedroom. Aurora rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, exhaustion overcoming her.

"Let's bathe," Azriel murmured, leading her to the bathing chamber. He turned the hot water on and poured in the lavender and jasmine scented soap. Aurora blinked slowly as she began peeling off her clothes from training, grimacing at the smell. Azriel was naked much quicker than her, taking her hand as he stepped into the now full tub. Aurora followed, sitting between his thighs and resting her head against his chest. Azriel sighed deeply. Aurora felt his fingertips grazing her waist as they soaked, letting the aroma and heat soothe them.

"Are you afraid?" Azriel asked, his hand now splayed across her lifted thigh. Aurora thought about that a moment. Was she afraid? The thought of facing Tamlin didn't scare her, but it filled her with something. It felt like determination, blood thirst, lust for revenge. She wasn't afraid, but nervous. She was anxious to find out how things would go, what he would say, how she'd react.

"No. I'm nervous, though," Aurora finally responded in a quiet voice. Azriel wrapped an arm around her waist and brought her closer to his chest. He kissed her cheek softly, warm breath on her skin.

"So brave," he cooed. Aurora smiled softly, leaning into the touch. Even with the possibility of battle brewing through the night, his touch was soothing. Aurora tilted her head and pressed her lips to his jaw, the scruff of facial hair tickling her skin. He hadn't shaved in a long while, and she adored it. "No matter what happens tomorrow, I'm so proud of you," Azriel murmured as she still kissed his jaw.

"As am I," she whispered back. Azriel's arm around her waist began to move, and Aurora moved with it. She turned, tucking her legs on either side of his hips. Her elbows rested on his shoulders, her hands dug into his hair. Azriel smiled up at her and Aurora couldn't help herself. She dipped her face to his and kissed him deeply. One of his hands was laid across her spine, the other running up and down her thigh.

The kiss meant something more than just intimacy, but she didn't know what. All she knew was that there was no way she'd stop kissing him. She tilted her head to deepen the kiss, humming when his tongue flicked against hers. Azriel leaned forward, making Aurora bend back. She laughed against his lips when her hair went under the water and he began to massage her scalp beneath the soap.

"Thought we should get somewhat clean before I fuck you in this tub," he murmured against her lips. Aurora laughed again, tightening her hold on him when he straightened. Their lips still connected, she fumbled for a washcloth and dipped it beneath the water. As much as she didn't want to, Aurora pulled her lips away and rose higher on her knees, reaching the soapy cloth to his wings. Azriel hummed, pressing hot open mouthed kisses to her chest. She sucked in a breath when his lips wrapped around her peaked nipple, her nails digging into his shoulder as she cleaned his wings.

"How am I meant to clean you when you do something like that?" Aurora cursed at him, ending in a moan when one hand rested on the plump skin of her rear, the other between her thighs.

"Focus through the distractions," Azriel instructed, taking her nipple between his teeth. She gasped out, hand moving to the crook of his neck. Aurora bit her lip and narrowed her eyes on the dirt that littered his wings. A yelp of surprise shot out of her when Azriel took her rear in both hands and began to lift her. Her hands smacked down onto his hair, grasping it for stability.

"Az!" She complained with a laugh.

"Put your legs over my shoulders," he ordered. Aurora's body shook with laughter as she tried to bring her legs up. Finally, she got them over his shoulders, his hands still holding her ass. She was about to scold him again but was cut off with a breathy moan when his tongue flicked against her core. The water from the washcloth dripped down the back of his neck as she held onto his head with both hands, completely shocked that he was able to hold her body weight like this.

"I-Is this some type of acrobatics?" Aurora asked with a shuddering voice. Azriel chuckled against her heat, making another jolt of pleasure rush through her.

"Clean my wings, isn't that what you were trying to do?" He teased. She swallowed roughly, hips bucking when his mouth attached to her again. She moved one hand from his hair and began running the cloth along the leathery skin of his wings. Azriel moaned against her and Aurora nearly toppled off his shoulders. She straightened, grabbing at his hair again. The tug made him moan again.

"Az," Aurora pleaded, her hips grinding against his face. His fingers dug into the skin of her rear, surely bruising her.

"Clean my wings and I'll let you cum on my tongue," Azriel growled. Her shoulders dropped with another cry. His teeth and tongue worked together against the throbbing bud, her thighs trembling around his head. Aurora's arm shook as she reached out and began cleaning the dirt off of him again. The cloth was becoming dry, and Aurora whined in desperation.

"The cloth, it needs to be wet again," she complained. Azriel didn't stop feasting as he shifted one hand to the center of her ass, his other rising to take the cloth from her and dunking it in the water. Aurora nearly came at the show of his strength. She took the cloth from him and began cleaning again. Her hips moved desperately against his face, his hands lifting her higher for more access.

Finally, the dirt was gone. Aurora dropped the washcloth onto the ground and clung to his hair again. Azriel grunted in approval, sucking and licking at her core.

"Cum, Aurora. Let me taste you."

She did, violently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 1.8K 19
He was the darkness. She was the star who lit it up. In which the shadowsinger of the Night Court falls for his High Lord's long lost sister. "He w...
3.2K 209 7
"𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐨𝐡 𝐆𝐨𝐝, 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 �...
5.9K 426 9
𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒𝐇 ❛ how cruel, your veins are full of ice-water and mine are boiling ❜ ...
82.1K 3.1K 74
Feyre Archeron and her best friend had been close since they were young. They trusted each other and were there for each other in times of need. But...