When It Rains In Ocala

By writerbug44

Never was there a girl so innocent, so good. So clueless to how this world works. She fell hard and fast for... More

1- Remember When We Met
2- Remember When I Called
3- Remember The Dance
4- Remember How You Blush
5- Remember Our First Kiss
6- Remember Our Second Date
7- Remember When I Wrote
8- Remember When You Answered
9- Remember The Date
10- Remember When I Met Your Dad
11- Remember The Lake
12- Remember The Field
13- Remember Your Friends
14- Remember The Backseat
15- Remember The Shooting Star
16- Remember Cody's Party
17- Remember The Truck
18- Remember When We Camped
19- Remember That Smile
20- Remember The Surprise
22- Remember The Drive
23- Remember Splash Mountain
24- Remember The Search
25- Remember My Birthday
26- Remember The Tears You Cried
27- Remember The Bad Part
28- Remember When I Packed
29- Remember The Memories
30- Remember The News
31- Remember Emily
32- Remember The Talk
33- Remember When We Promised
34- Remember The Risk
35- Remember Me
36- Remember Our Forever
37- Remember The Note
38- Remember When It Rained In Ocala
My Goodbye </3
One Shot- mle160

21- Remember The Shopping

77.9K 1.9K 796
By writerbug44

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
―Winnie The Pooh

One of the best feelings in my world is in the mornings after I spend the night with Evan. I don’t really wake up fast, I just lay there in the silence with my eyes closed, taking in the sound, not that there’s much. I can hear Evan’s heavy breathing and the occasional rustle of the blankets. I know that my hair’s a mess, but I don’t care because I know that neither does Evan. I like to feel the coolness of the sheets under my naked skin, it’s so soft and welcoming, and they smell like Evan. Andy’s Mint.

And when I eventually decide to open my eyes, I’m grateful that Evan is still sleeping, because he looks so peaceful when he’s sleeping. He looks so innocent and I can tell when he’s dreaming because his nose crinkles a little bit- I still don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad, but it’s adorable nonetheless. His face is so soft when he’s sleeping, but I have to refrain from touching it because I worry that it might wake him up. So I just lay there in his cool, Evan-smelling sheets and I watch as he sleeps, as he breathes so innocently and lightly.

And this morning was no different.

After about twenty minutes of lying there in silence, I decided that it was time that I should wake him. Before I did, I tiptoed out of the bed and grabbed his shirt that was resting on the floor beside the bed and pulled it over my body so that I wasn’t prancing around his room in my birthday suit, even though nobody else was home. It took me a few minutes to get my teeth brushed, but I didn’t bother on my hair before hurrying back into Evan’s bedroom, I laid down again beside my sleeping boyfriend and ran my hand over his smooth chest so that I could pull myself closer. Just as his nose started to crinkle with another dream, I giggled and placed a soft kiss on his crinkling nose.

I watched as his eyes fluttered open and I was greeted with his dazzling green eyes that pierced into me so easily. “Good morning, Sleeping Beauty.” I whispered, kissing his nose again.

“Morning.” He mumbled tiredly. That’s another thing that I love about the mornings- that damn tired voice. It drives me crazy in the best way.

“Did you have a nice dream?” I asked him, not moving my face away from his.

“I can’t remember.” He admitted, his arm encircling my waist. “Did you have a nice dream?”

I nodded. “I did. I dreamed about bouncing with Tigger.”

Evan laughed at that. “This Disney thing is really getting into your head.”

“It is.” I agreed. “I’m very excited. We only live an hour and a half away from Orlando, yet I’ve never been there. Where is the justice in that?”

Again, Evan laughed. “Well, don’t worry. Just a few more days and then we’ll be off into the world of Disney.”

“And I couldn’t be more excited!” I giggled. “We get our own room, you know.” I added in a teasing whisper.

Then, Evan unexpectedly pulled me closer at the same time as flipping us over so that he was on top of me. The air was filled with my girly, surprised giggles as I wrapped my left leg around him and his face was less than an inch away from mine.

“I love your giggles.” He murmured, putting his lips on mine for a deep kiss. “And you brushed your teeth?”

I nodded sheepishly. “I did.”

“Which is why you’re wearing my shirt.” He stated, playing with the hem of the red t-shirt.

“Yeah, I can’t just go running around your house butt naked, dude.” I laughed.

He kissed my lips again, but softly this time. “I see no problem with that.”

“Well, that’s because you’re a pervert.” I chuckled, grabbing one of the pillows that weren’t in use and bringing it over, hitting him in the back.

Evan smirked at this. “You just hit me with a pillow.”

“I’m aware.” I rasped.

He ducked down as if he was going to kiss me, but right when I could feel his breath on my lips, it was gone and replaced with his hands wiggling around my mid-section. He was tickling me! I burst into uncontrollable laughter.

“Okay! Okay, you win!” I was pleading for mercy in no time, trying to fight him off.

The only thing that finally got him to stop was the ringing of my phone on the night stand. However, before I could reach over and take it, Evan grabbed it and pressed the “Answer” button, putting it to his ear.

“Hello?” He asked into the phone with a smirk as I tried, hopelessly, to get my phone back. “Hi, Hanna.” He grinned, listening to the other side of the conversation as I quietly whined for my phone back.

“Give it.” I demanded in a whisper.

He shook his head at me, continuing to listen to Hanna on the other side.

“Fifteen minutes?” He finally spoke. “Can you make that thirty?”

My jaw dropped and a furious blush crossed my face. Whatever just happened, it couldn’t be good and I was going to get hell for it the next time I talked to Hanna.

“Okay, bye, Hanna.” Evan said cheekily before hanging up and tossing my phone onto the floor beside the bed, gently.

“What’d she want?” I asked.

“She wanted me to tell you that you’re going shopping today. She wanted you ready in fifteen minutes but I bought us thirty.” He grinned suggestively.

“You didn’t get enough last night?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

Evan shook his head and placed his lips on mine. “I’ll never have enough of you, Princess.”

I giggled and opened my mouth to object to his dirty plans, because if I was going shopping with Hanna, then I needed to shower and get dressed, but his lips stifled my words and I gave up my futile effort, falling into the sheets with Evan again.

Thirty minutes later, I was rushing out of the shower and throwing my clothes on, much to Evan’s amusement as he still laid in his bed- the lazy boy.

“I’ll text you.” I told him, shaking the towel out of my hair and pulling my jean shorts over my underwear.

“Can’t you just cancel and stay here?” Evan pouted from the bed.

“Do not pout.” I told him firmly, throwing my t-shirt over my bra clad chest. “I need a new bikini for the trip and some other stuff, so no- I cannot stay. But you have no idea how badly I want to.”

“You’ll have to try on your bikini for me when you get back.” He smirked as I slipped on my flip flops.

“You will see it this weekend.” I told him firmly, but I still blushed.

“Fine.” He sighed heavily. “Text, then. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I smiled and hurried over to him, bending down and giving him a short kiss, but he tried to pull me in deeper by slipping his tongue into my mouth. It took a lot of will power, but I lightly bit down on his tongue and he pulled it out quickly.

“You bit me!” He said, shocked.

“You’re making this so hard.” I whined. “When does goodbye have to be so hard?”

“Since I don’t want you to leave.” He told me stubbornly.

I gave him one last soft kiss and stood up, grabbing my bag. “Well, I can’t just go naked to Disney World, now can I?”

“I think-“

“Shut up.” I giggled, interrupting his perverted comment. “I’m going now.”

“Okay, fine. I love you.” He called as I hurried for the door, relieved that he didn’t pull me back into bed because with one last pouty look, I would have been a goner.

I grinned at him. “I love you right back.”

With that, I closed the door behind me and hurried down the hallway and down the stairs.

“Bye, Abby.” I said to the husky who was laying on the couch. I gave her a quick pat and then I was out the door where Hanna’s car was sitting at the curb, waiting for me.

I popped into the back seat, since Marissa was sitting in the front. Amy and Tanya were in the back with me.

“Have a good morning?” Hanna asked me with a smirk.

“You shut it.” I told her with a pointed, yet blushing, look.

They all burst into laughter as we drove down the road towards the city, where the mall was located. “Hey, no judgment.”

I rolled my eyes at my friends- they were impossible. “What about you, Han?” I asked, deciding to throw it right back at her.

“What do you mean?” She asked curiously.

“You and Jason seemed to be getting along pretty well at the dinner two nights ago.” I smirked, and my smirk grew when I saw the blush rise on her cheeks.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She mumbled.

“Oh, please.” Marissa snorted. “Everyone could see it. You two were mad flirting, girly.”

“No we weren’t. My best friend’s boyfriend’s brother? Please, that’s so weird.” Hanna defended in a flustered stutter.

We all laughed, except for Hanna, because she was the topic of our laughter- for once, it wasn’t me. “It’s not weird that you like Jason. But we are so not double dating.” I told her. “That’d be weird.”

“Yeah, Jason’s cute.” Marissa smiled.

“Then you go after him.” Hanna snapped, speeding up noticeably, probably desperate to get to the mall quicker.

“No, I’ll leave him for you.” Marissa smirked. “Maggie, you know him. Tell us about Jason.”

I shrugged. “He’s cool, I guess. I mean, what do you want to know?”

“Age?”

“He’s twenty.”

“See? He’s way too old for me.” Hanna said quickly.

“You’re eighteen, Han.” I told her, rolling my eyes.

“Yeah, that’s a two year difference!” She defended.

Amy rolled her eyes at our poor friend and they continued asking questions. “Does he have a girlfriend?”

I shook my head. “Not that I know of.”

“College?” Tanya asked.

“Will you stop asking her about Jason?” Hanna pleaded.

“Well, we have to if you won’t.” Tanya defended.

“He goes to community college and lives at home for now.”

“He’s living at home, that means that he’s a bum.” Hanna grunted.

“He has an apartment in mind, he’s talking to the sails lady at the end of the summer. You can’t escape it, Han. You have a crush.” I smirked at her.

“How do you know so much about him?” She huffed, pulling into the mall’s parking lot.

“I’ve had dinner with him a few times when I was with Evan and sometimes he hangs out with me and Evan when I’m over there. He’s also been over to my house a few times to hang out with Brendon and Sam.” I explained.

“So basically, Maggie is your source into the life of Jason.” Marissa told Hanna.

“Well, I don’t need one!” Hanna screeched, stomping out of the car as we all filed out.

We all let out soft snickers as we got out of her car and towards the entrance to the mall. It felt good to finally be the one teasing Hanna, since she’s always teasing me about Evan. Once we got into the mall, we decided to get something to eat before we started shopping and stopped by the Subway.

“Let’s go over to Victoria Secret, I love their bikinis.” Hanna suggested after we’d all finished our food and decided to have mercy on Hanna and stop teasing her about her crush on Jason.

We all nodded our heads in agreement and stood from the table and made our way out of the busy food court and down the long mall aisle where Victoria Secret was located.

“So we definitely need to go to Downtown Disney when we get there.” Marissa spoke up.

“The Rainforest Café!” Tanya cheered. “I love that place.”

“Oh, yeah, I’ve been there before. We should totally go.” Amy grinned.

“I want Winnie The Pooh stuff.” I said. “I love Pooh.”

“We have two days, I’m sure we can do everything.” Hanna laughed. “But when we get to Disney World, we have to meet Mickey Mouse.”

The rest of the way to Victoria Secret was full of our excited babble about going on this surprise trip to Orlando and what we planned on doing when we got there.

“Are you going to get something sexy for Evan?” Marissa sang teasingly at me, going through one of the racks of tank tops.

I snorted at the thought. “Yeah, right.”

“Why not?” Amy whined. “You’d totally make his night.”

“Yeah, and isn’t his birthday coming up? It could be like an early birthday present.” Hanna added with a grin.

“His birthday is on the 5th.” I told them.

“See? That’s in less than two weeks.” Marissa grinned, holding up a see-through blue baby doll piece of lingerie.

“I would never wear that.” I told her with a frown. “Like, ever.”

“What about if it has polka dots on it?” She winked, holding up a duplicate, only this one had white polka dots all over it.

“No, I-“ My refusal was cut off when my phone started ringing in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out and pushed and “answer” button, ignoring my idiotic friends.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone.

“Are you done yet?” Evan whined on the other side.

“No.” I giggled. “We just started shopping.”

“But I’m bored.” He whined.

“Call Aaron or something, I don’t think he’s doing anything. I don’t think we’ll be that long.”

“Is that Evan?” Hanna called to me with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at her. “Yes.” She held up a “sexy maid” dress that would barely cover a girl’s private areas. “And no!” I shrieked.

“What are you doing?” Evan asked curiously.

“Just shopping.” I mumbled, my face going red.

“Ask him if he likes stripes or polka dots.” Marissa said, standing beside me with two baby doll pieces of lingerie, one with black stripes and the other one was another dotted piece.

“He likes neither.” I snapped at her.

“Well, that leaves hearts, plain, or role play. Which does he prefer?” She asked excitedly.

I flipped her off then turned around and walked far away from the lingerie section where all of my friends were having a field day.

“Did Marissa just ask you if I like role play?” Evan laughed through the phone.

And again, I blushed profusely. “Indirectly.” I mumbled.

“What’s going on?” He asked, now more curious than ever.

“Um, nothing.” I sighed, sticking my tongue out at Tanya who was now holding up a hot pink Playboy Bunny bra.

“Really? It doesn’t sound like-“

Before he could finish his sentence, my phone was being ripped out of my grip by an alien hand and when I looked over,  I saw Hanna grinning ear to ear with my phone in her hand, up to her ear, and her mouth open as she was about to speak.

“Hiya, Evan.” She chirped, walking hurriedly away from me as Marissa and Amy held me back so that I couldn’t go after her. “So, just a quick question, do you prefer pink or white?”

“Let me go.” I demanded.

“Sorry, no can do. How can we pick something out for you if we don’t know what he wants?” Marissa defended.

“I am not wearing any of this stuff!” I protested.

“Oh, we’ll just see about that.” Amy grinned.

“Where are we?” Hanna asked. “Oh, we’re just at Build-A-Bear… picking out bear shoes, and I just couldn’t decide on the pink or the white. But thank you for your help, I’ll get the pink ones now. I’ll let you get back to your girlfriend before she has a conniption over there.”

I sighed as Hanna tossed me my phone and I put it back to my ear to try an attempt to fix whatever Hanna just put into Evan’s mind.

“Okay, I’m back.” I told him.

“If I was into role play, it definitely wouldn’t be with teddy bears and their tiny shoes.” He teased me.

“Oh, you’re just so funny.” I muttered sarcastically.

He laughed before speaking again. “But seriously, what’s going on over there?”

“Nothing.” I insisted. “I gotta go, though, the faster we get this over with, the faster I’ll be back with you.”

“You just can’t get enough of me, can you?” He said cockily.

I smiled at that. “Oh, I could never have enough of you, sweet cheeks. Gotta go, love you, bye.” I quickly hung up before he could say something in return and looked at Hanna. “I’m not getting any of this stuff.”

“I’ll make you a deal.” She told me. “You buy this and I’ll talk to Jason. No, you know what? You don’t even have to buy it- it’s on me. Just wear it in Orlando.”

“Why is this so important to you?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“Because I care about you. We care about you. And trust us on this- you think the sex is good now, you have no idea how crazy it’ll be once he sees you in this.” She grinned, holding up a pink baby doll that was see through except for the lacy bust area, and came with a matching pink lacy thong.

I sighed. “And you’ll talk to Jason? You promise?”

“Pinky promise.” Hanna chirped.

I rolled my eyes, not really believing that I was agreeing to this. But without another thought, I held my pinky up to hers and we shook. She’s lucky that I also want her to be happy, or I wouldn’t be doing this.

“Okay, fine. But just this.” I told her, grabbing the piece of pink fabric from her hands.

“And a bikini.” She grinned at me.

“Fine.” I appeased her. I mean, what’s the worst that can happen with a bikini, right? “But I get a say in it.” I added quickly.

They all went to work in searching for bikinis, for me and for themselves through the Victoria Secret and Pink store, which were attached since they’re basically the same company.

After we all tried on or fair share of bikinis, I shot down most of their ideas because they barely held in my boobs. Apparently, that was the point of the bikini, but I would prefer not to get arrested in Orlando while I unintentionally flash everyone around the pool. So they finally let me choose my own bikini, even though I appeased them by making it a push-up top, which made my boobs look three times bigger (which I found unnecessary) but it made them happy, and it got us out of the store quicker.

After checking out of Victoria Secret, I checked my phone and saw that we spent an hour and a half in the store and we decided to make our way to the Dip N Dots kiosk in the middle of the mall for a snack and then we’d head to Macy’s to get actual clothes, and then we’d be done and ready to leave.

“Oh, I can’t go over there.” Marissa gasped when we were just around the corner from the Dip N Dots area.

“And why not?” I asked as we all looked at her like she’d just grown an extra head.

“The guy that’s working.” She whispered, as if anybody was going to hear her, even though she was safe unless somebody’s grown bionic hearing or something.

“Who is he?” Hanna asked as we all turned to look at the teenage guy standing behind the counter and serving  a little girl her chocolate Dip N Dots. He looked familiar, I think he was in one of my classes last year.

“Jeremy Geyer.” Marissa whispered.

“Did you two hook up last summer?” Tanya asked, eyeing the oblivious boy.

“Yes, we did.” Marissa hissed.

“Last summer.” I repeated. “He probably doesn’t even remember you and if he does, I doubt he’ll say anything to you.”

“We can’t go over there.” Marissa snapped.

“Well, we can go over there.” Hanna told her. “And we are, because we all want Dip N Dots. Now you can either stay behind this plant and hide, or go enjoy ice creamy goodness with us over there.”

With that, Hanna led us all over to the Dip N Dots area where there were a few small tables set up across from the counter. Marissa didn’t move with us and chose to hide behind the wall and palm tree, out of sight from Jeremy and the Dip N Dots stand.

“Hey.” Jeremy grinned at us when he saw us walk up. “What can I get you?”

“I want  a large chocolate.” I chirped with a smile.

Hanna, Amy, and Tanya fed their orders to him as well, and then he went to work on filling up our cups.

“So we go to the same school, right?” Jeremy asked while filling up the small plastic cups with the frozen dots of heaven.

“We do.” Hanna confirmed.

“And your friends with Marissa, right?”

“We are.” Hanna giggled.

I saw a hint of a smirk on Jeremy’s face. “Then you can tell her to sop hiding behind that tree over there because I can see her.” He said, handing me my chocolate. “Spoons are by the cash register.”

I started laughing, along with Hanna, Amy, and Tanya. “Oh, that poor girl.” Amy chuckled.

“Marissa get over here, you such at spying.” Hanna called across the open area to where Marissa was standing.

“I was not spying!” Marissa defended, coming out of her horrible hiding spot and stomping over to us.

“Sure, now order.” I told her, gesturing towards a now-grinning Jeremy.

“What can I get you?” He asked Marissa with a cocky grin.

“Just a medium Superman.” She mumbled awkwardly.

“Sure.” He smirked, going to work to filling her cup since we all had ours now. “So how’s your shopping going?” He asked, mainly Marissa.

“Fine.” Marissa mumbled with a blush, which was a shock to everyone, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen Marissa blush before. “We’re going to Orlando, so we had to get bikinis and stuff.” Was that… word vomit? I’ve never, not once in my life, heard Marissa panic in such a manner that she’s resulted in word vomit. That’s why she didn’t want to come over here, because she still has feelings for this guy! When I made this revelation, I looked over to Hanna, who seemed to be thinking the same thing that I was.

“Sounds fun.” He chuckled, ringing up all of our Dip N Dots. Hanna started pulling out her credit card, but Jeremy held up a hand.

“Don’t worry about it, on the house.” He said.

We all burst into a soft round of giggles, except for Marissa.

“Thank you.” I chirped. “We’ll go be over at that table, so you two can like, talk and stuff.” I said to both him and Marissa.

Marissa gave me a deadly glare that I returned with a smirk and a wink. I love that my friends are finding boys, so that I can get revenge for all the teasing I got when I first met Evan.

“Great.” Tanya huffed. “Now I’m the only one without a boy.”

“No you’re-“ Amy started to object, but we all gave her a if-you-call-yourself-alone-we’ll-badger-you-about-your-undying-love-for-Chris kind of glare and she shut up.

“Well, you have to like somebody, though. Don’t you have some kind of crush?” I asked curiously.

She blushed a little bit, giving me a shocking answer. “Yeah, but it doesn’t matter.” She mumbled.

I didn’t actually think she’d admit to liking somebody, Tanya’s never really had a serious boyfriend… or a boyfriend at all. She’s so shy, but very pretty. She just needed to be a little more confident and she could have anybody that she wanted.

“What?!” Hanna screeched at this news. “Who the heck is it?!”

Tanya’s blush worsened. “I’m not going to tell you, okay? Just drop it.”

“We can’t just drop something like this!” Hanna exclaimed. “We must know!”

“Hanna, leave her alone.” Amy laughed. “She doesn’t have to tell us who she likes.”

Hanna was silent before giving up and heaving a heavy sigh. “Fine.” She stuffed her face with her cookie dough Dip N Dots to show her displeasure with the fact that she didn’t know who Tanya was crushing on.

“Anyway, Marissa isn’t back yet, so that’s good.” I changed the subject. “Now, I won’t be alone in the boyfriend club. Hanna and Jason, Marissa and that Jeremy kid, and maybe someday, Amy and Chris.”

“Don’t go there.” Both Hanna and Amy said simultaneously, causing both me and Tanya to crack up laughing at their expense.

“That’s just adorable.” I laughed at them, finishing my Dip N Dots and throwing the plastic container in the trash can. “Anyway, we should probably get to Macy’s so we can get home.”

“Can’t wait to get back to Evan?” Hanna smirked, trying to get the attention off of her and her budding relationship with Jason.

“Exactly.” I chirped as everyone threw away their trash and we walked back up to Marissa where she still stood at the counter, talking to Jeremy about something, since there weren’t any other customers in the Dip N Dots.

“Hey, Maggie.” Jeremy called to me just as we were about to interrupt their conversation.

“Um, yeah?” I asked, confused as to why he was calling my name since I really didn’t know the guy.

“Sorry to hear about Dennis, that has to suck for you.”

I frowned in confusion. “What’d you hear about Dennis?”

He opened his mouth to speak, and then shut it again before responding. “I figured you heard…” He said slowly.

“Heard what?”

“Um, well I’m not saying that this is true, it’s just what I’ve been hearing. But rumor is that Dennis isn’t taking what happened at the lake party lightly and he’s going psycho.”

“He’s such a freak.” Hanna mumbled. “Why’d you have to date a freak?” She asked me.

I shrugged, not really surprised by the little rumor. He’s always been psycho. “I dated one freak. But I make up for it in Evan, because he’s definitely not a freak.”

She sighed and we all said our goodbyes to Jeremy before heading off towards the Macy’s for another torturous round of shopping.

_______________________________________-

A few hours early, so yay :D

Please comment and vote and fan and stuff because you're all wonderful <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928K 22.3K 24
Ella Lynn is a new student at Green Evercrest High she's short and shy. And awaits the day she can leave her uncle behind. Levi William has waited fo...
193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
3.5K 859 37
Book One of the Unorthodox Duology Random Person P.O.V It's raining. It heavily falls but the showers doesn't chase anyone inside. Instead, peopl...
32.5K 679 29
"I admit that I don't deserve you, but you know how greedy I am for you, I am selfish for you. Cause I never wanted to give up on you. I almost lost...