The Royal Series : Book 1

By petra71120

yghjooojihu More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 23

14 0 0
By petra71120

Here we were! It was my wedding day! The road here was a lot. The public loved us. Our faces were on mugs, bells, food china, pill boxes, coins, name it! And these were in circulation around the UK, Australia and Canada! Media personnel were covering it live from all over the world! I'm excited, scared, worried, nervous, and more. I haven't seen Arthur in two days, and he's the only person that can calm me down.

"Babe, you've got this. We've got this. We got through the engagement, we're going to make it through the wedding." I had ducked out of the preparation area to call Arthur. I needed to.

"I know. But this is all crazy. Everyone's waiting for the announcement of our new titles from your grandmother, they  all want to see my gown, and my mother is driving me insane!"

"Calm down." He said with a laugh.

"Why are you so calm?"

"Because I've come to the realization that at the end of this, I get to call you my wife. Let's just focus on that."

"Ok." I felt calm again.

"So, go get ready. It's almost 8:40am. You need to be ready by then."

"Isn't that when the guests start arriving?"

"It is. But it's a punctuality thing."

"Ok. I love you."

"Love you too." I sat down on the bed in my robe and sighed. My makeup was done. My hair was perfect. My gown was here, but I wasn't ready to put it on yet. Putting it on just makes it all so real. I was still seated on the bed when Louise walked in.

"Wedding jitters?" She asked as she handed me a bottle of water.

"More than I expected."

"I had a ton of those. I just looked ahead and focused on the years I had ahead of me. You and Arthur have those good years ahead."

"I know."

"Then stop being so gloomy. We still have a lot to do."

"Ok. Is my mom still here?"

"Of course. She's been making sure everyone looks perfect."

"Could you help me call her in?"

"Absolutely." She left, and seconds later, my mom came in. She looked beautiful.

"Baby, what's going on? We've been out there waiting for you. You aren't nervous, are you?"

"A little bit." She rushed to my side and held me.

"Arthur loves you. I thought this was what you wanted."

"It is. I guess I'm just nervous about having 2,000 people attend my wedding."

"You'll do just fine. You're perfect. I know I've never said this before, but I am very proud of who you've become. I wasn't the easiest parent while you were growing up. And maybe if I had done some things differently, Freya would still be here. I'm never making that mistake again. Not with you. I'm here for you. Always." That was the reassurance I needed. I suddenly felt better.

"Thanks mom. Now, I think it's time I went out there and thanked everyone." She smiled as we walked out of the calm, and into the storm of wedding prep. Louise was getting her makeup done. Camille had headed down to the Chapel to sort some things out. And I could see makeup artists, and hair stylists running around. It was all crazy.

I picked up a glass from the table and tapped lightly on it.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?" They all turned to me with a smile. "Um, I want to start by just thanking everyone for being here today. It's been hours and we're all still going. I want to thank my team for getting me ready, and for getting everyone else set for this day. To my security team, I'm so grateful. I really couldn't be in better hands. And to my mother, thank you for decades of love, care, and tolerance. I'm happy to say that I'm no longer your problem." We all broke out laughing.

It was a peaceful morning. Soon, my mom had to leave for the chapel. But not before the Queen announced our new titles.

"Upon the occasion of their marriage, I confer these titles upon Prince Arthur of Wales and Princess Victoria of Denmark. Henceforth, they would be known as The Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus, and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus." Everyone was thrilled. But I was indifferent. I just wanted to see Arthur.

Soon enough, I was fully ready to go. I looked perfect. And my father didn't shy away from giving me my praises.

Getting into the carriage was quite the struggle because my veil was quite long and full. As we settled in, my father turned to me with a smile.

"I never thought I would see this day. I'm happy for you Victoria."

"Thank you daddy. I just...feel so blessed. Arthur is the best person. And his family...the sweetest."

"Make no mistake, they are sweet because they have to be. They usually give people hell before they settle in. You're royalty, so you're different. Don't forget that. Don't let anyone treat you like you're less. You are not. Ok?"

"Ok. Thank you daddy. For everything." He wiped a small tear away. I'd always been close with my father. But I felt closer to him right now.

As we arrived at Westminster Abbey by 11am, on the 29th of April, he helped me down from the car. With my face covered by my veil, he joined our hands and we walked. Louise was my maid of honour and Camile was one of my bridesmaids. The other three bridesmaids were close friends from Denmark. With my bouquet in my right hand, and my father holding my left, we walked into the chapel. Louise was holding my veil at the back.

My first thought when I walked into the Abbey was WOW! As we walked in, the cued music played. It was "I was glad" by Sir Charles Hubert Hastings Parry. Louise let go of my gown, and held two page girls. Arthur's back was to me. I could see his figure at the far end of the altar. Everyone was silent. But I could see how excited they were. Their eyes showed it all. As we got to our stopping point, I gave my father a smile and stood next to Arthur. He turned to me with the biggest smile.

"We made it." He said with a wide smile.

"We did." I said as I returned his smile. Vincent was Arthur's best man. Arthur was in his full Irish Guards uniforms, along with his ranks clearly showing.

The service proceeded with the formal service and congregational singing of three well known hymns, fanfares, anthems, organ and orchestral music.In our vows, we both promised to love, comfort, honour and keep each other. This was sealed by the exchange of a single ring.

The lesson was read by my uncle, and he read from the Epistle to the Romans, Chapter 12, verses 1-2 and 9-18. Then came a sermon from the Bishop of London. He ended his sermon with a prayer, written by us.

"God our Father, we thank you for our families; for the love that we share and for the joy of our marriage.In the busyness of each day keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy. Strengthened by our union help us to serve and comfort those who suffer.We ask this in the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Amen."

The service continued with prayers and exhortations by the dean and archbishop. A newly composed choral anthem was sung by the choir. After the signing of the registers, Arthur and I walked down the Isle, pausing briefly to curtesy to the Queen. She had a huge smile on her face. As we walked towards the door, members of both families walked behind us.

On leaving Westminster Abbey, to the pealing of bells, we passed through a guard of honour of individually selected men and women from the various services, and we were greeted by cheers from the crowds. We entered the 1902 State Landau drawn by four white horses with postilions and attendant footmen, and guarded by a mounted escort of the Life Guard.

"We did it" Arthur said with a huge smile as we rode away.

"I know. It's surreal. I'm your wife." I said laughing. Tears had welled up in my eyes. We had settled in and started waving to the crowd as we passed.

"Hey, I hope those are happy tears?"

"They are." He wiped them lightly. The crowds all gasped at that. I think they were all just shocked at the sight of a royal crying so openly on a happy occasion.

"You look beautiful. I can't even start to tell you how stunning you look. Babe..."

"Thank you. I'm just happy we're here  together." We headed to Buckingham Palace, where we met the family.

"Victoria, I know Arthur has already given you the assurance that he will always have your back. But as the matriarch of this family, I wish to do the same. We a lucky and fortunate to have you here Victoria. And we will forever be on your side. No matter what." The Queen was sweet. They all were. His grandfather, aunt, uncles, cousins...they were all great. His father though, was my absolute favourite.

"You know, now that you're finally a part of this family, we're going to become quite close. We're going to make Arthur jealous." He whispered to me. I smiled as he hugged me.

"And let's not forget about the mother-in-law." We turned to see Arthur's mom. She gave Arthur a tight hug, then turned to me with a smile. "I know I haven't been so hands-on with the whole wedding planning, but I didn't want to impose. I know how stressful it can get for a bride when it comes to the wedding. But, I am happy that you're here. I really am." She came to me and hugged me.

We spoke to my uncle and his wife, then my parents, and finally, my grandparents.

"We're proud of you...both of you. We made the official statement on your titles in Denmark this morning, and we honestly can't wait for this new chapter to begin." My grandmother said.

"It'll get crazy, but never forget why you got married. If the reasons are genuine, then you'll get through the storm. And remember, Arthur, you're now a part of out family also." My grandfather said. I gave them both a tight hug. We went in for the lunchtime reception shortly after. This was a very private reception.
The official harpist of Arthur's father performed at the reception, playing a gold leaf harp.

The menu for the reception was amazing! There was South Uist salmon, Lyme Bay crab, Hebridean langoustines and a fresh herb salad with 2009 Domaine Guyot-Javillier Meursault. There was also the North Highland organic lamb with spring vegetables, English asparagus, Jersey Royal potatoes and sauce Windsor with 2004 L'Hospitalet de Gazin Pomerol. Then there was Berkshire honey ice cream, sherry trifle and chocolate parfait with
Laurent-Perrier Rosé champagne. And finally, Coffee and Mint tea.

All that food had me feeling quite filled up.The main cake was an eight-tier fruit cake decorated with Lambeth-piped sugar paste flowers. After the reception, we headed out to the balcony with both families, bridesmaids and page boys.

As we stood there and shared our first kiss as a married couple, I whispered to Arthur.

"I love you."

"To hell and back." We then kissed again, then turned to waved to the crowd. There were so many people there.

By 3:30pm, Arthur set out to drive me back to Clarence House. His father had given him an Aston Martin DB6 Volante (MkII convertible). The plate number read "JU5T WED". Arthur had changed into a Blues and Royals captain's frock coat.

In a surprise organised by RAF Wattisham, the car was shadowed by a yellow Sea King helicopter flying the RAF Ensign from its winch cable, marking Arthur's service as a pilot with the RAF Search and Rescue Force. It was beautiful. As we drove away, we could breathe again.

But soon enough, we had to return to Buckingham Palace for the evening reception. I did get a chance to change though. And I still looked stunning.

I did let my hair down for this one. I was so happy. It was just amazing to see everyone so happy for us. For our first dance, we had James Arthur perform "Say you won't let go." It's a bit unconventional, but it's what we wanted. We also had had Christina Perri perform "A thousand years." Arthur and I were just happy in our space. We were happy to be with friends and family. It meant a lot to both of us to have everyone here with us...for us.

The whole event ended by 3am. And as we headed out, there was a surprise firework display. In that moment, with our arms around each other, we kissed. That happiness was there. Was it there to stay? Only time would tell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 8.1K 186
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
219K 5.2K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc