ABHIRA: THE RULE BREAKER'S GI...

By michinjanus

The Rule Breaker has it all-stunning good looks, fame, fortune, and screaming fans. The notorious lead singer... More

DESCRIPTION
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01- THE CAMPAIGN
CHAPTER 2 UNKNOWN ADMIRATION
CHAPTER 3 OFF-LIMITS!!
CH04 THE LONELY BACK
CH05 HER THOUGHTS
CH07 HE WANTED HER
CH08 HER FIRST LOVE
CH09 KISS HER BACK
CH10 THE MOONLIGHT TALK
CH11 I GOT YOU...!!
CH12 HOW DID HE KNOW??
CH13 WAS IT A DATE?
CH14 HE WAS HERS...SHE WAS HIS
CH15 HER SAVIOUR...
CH16 WHAT DO YOU FEEL?
CH17 NEW MOVE FOR YOU...(18+)
CH18 THE "RUINED" DATE
CH19 THE FIRST ROMANCE (18+)
CH20 MY BEST FRIEND
CH22- MY HEART STOPPING BEAUTY (18+)
CH22- CRAZY CRUSH TO LOVER
CH23 HIS SACRIFICE
CH24 THE PHONE ROMANCE(18+)
CH25 SHE LEFT...
CH26 HER PAIN AND ANGER...
CH27 HIS GRIEF...
CH28 UNTIL MY LAST BREATH
CH29 ABHIRA...(18+)
EPILOGUE

CH06 THE FIRST HUG

813 77 7
By michinjanus

The next day, Akshara sat next to Abhimanyu in the back seat of an SUV with two other band members in the last row of the eight seater vehicle.

Her eyes widened when she saw people lined up against the barricades outside the arena to greet the band with huge signs.

A lot of them seemed to be young men and women who were the band’s largest group of followers. The vehicle slowed down at the gate for security checks, and the crowd roared when they spotted Abhimanyu in the back of the SUV.

Cameras flashed as he waved to the crowd that cheered for him, and Akshara sat frozen like she was in a dream. She felt everyone’s eyes on her as the windows were not fully tinted. The loud cheering from the outside and the laughter on the inside as the band enjoyed the attention was making her queasy, and she closed her eyes.

Her eyes flew open when she felt a rough palm graze over the back of her hand. She looked straight into Abhimanyu’s eyes looking at her with what looked like concern in them.

“You okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine.”

She refused to show any weakness to him. It somehow felt like she was letting down her father if he saw her in a vulnerable state. It was an odd thought, but she always felt the need to show him she was not intimidated by him and whatever he did, didn’t really affect her.

The harsh reality was that the more she tried to keep that strong front, he was getting under her skin—the beautiful voice of his and the charming nature however rude he was during practices was hard to miss, not to mention his gorgeous looks.

The vehicles pulled up to the back entrance of the arena, and when they stepped out, they could still hear the fans screaming Abhimanyu’s name and chanting the band’s name.

“This is such an awesome response, Abhi.” Somu clapped with excitement.

“Yes, a good start for the tour,” Abhimanyu said and looked at one of the event coordinator’s staff and added, “Have the plane take off for the second group.”

“When will they arrive?” Akshara asked about Vansh and Arya’s arrival.

“They should be here in less than two hours. Leena’s team will show you to your—”

She saw the guards standing next to them move, and his eyes widened as his words were lost in a low grunt. He reached out to her, pulling her to him, shocking her as her cheek hit his chest as the bodyguards shielded them from something she could not see.

The sudden warmth from his rock-solid body and the way his musky cologne invaded her lungs, her body sprang alive, igniting a whole new slew of sensations within her.

His heart beat loudly in her ear, suppressing the other sounds until he let her go and stepped away to walk toward a group of guards who held a young man captive.

“Let him go, guys.” Abhimanyu walked away from her, and she grabbed the car door handle for support, watching him. “He is harmless. Let him go.”

Akshara watched as Abhimanyu was able to get the young man released, and he autographed his hat and also asked the other band members to sign it. It took her a few moments to realize what happened. The young man had managed to jump over the barricades to get an autograph, and Abhimanyu held her to him protectively as the bodyguards closed in.

To keep her safe?

“Sir, do you want to file a complaint against him?” one of the police officers asked.

“No, he is harmless. He only wanted an autograph, but the way he charged at us, that was what threw me off.” Abhimanyu smiled and turned to look at her as she stood by the car, clinging to the door handle.

“Akshara, you okay?”

She didn’t have the energy to put on a strong front when she was shaken to the core.

“I feel weird.”

“Let’s go. I’ll take you inside.” Abhimanyu’s voice was soft, and that made her heart flutter.

She walked in silence, aware of his hand on her upper back as they followed a guard to her dressing room. She clenched her purse with one hand and her phone with the other, her palms sweaty.

The whole setting in the arena and the screaming fans outside were causing her anxiety, and her body’s response to his proximity was driving her mind wild. She took deep breaths to calm herself and was relieved when she was shown to the dressing room she would share with Arya.

“Hang out here, and we can get started on the prep in a few hours.

We have time before the concert.” The calming words were a stark contrast to what Abhimanyu had been telling the group the past few weeks when they practiced.

She nodded, her eyes lowered, unable to look at him for more than one reason. He stepped away from her and said to the woman who was there to help her settle in.

“Get madam something to drink and make sure the food is ready for everyone.”

“Yes, sir.”

The woman excused herself after he left, leaving her alone with her thoughts. She could still feel him against her cheek, and his scent lingered in the air. She closed her eyes, unable to resolve her emotions and let her back slide against the chair and her head rest for a little bit, just so she could push away all thoughts of him.

After some time, she woke up to the sound of familiar voices. She opened her eyes to find Arya, Vansh, and another band member sitting at the small table to one side of the dressing room, chatting as they ate.

“When did you guys get here?” Akshara asked, her voice groggy.

“Sleeping beauty is awake,” Arya teased as she walked over to hug her.

“I didn’t know I slept.” Akshara felt embarrassed.

“It’s a good thing you were on the first flight out. You always have time to chill.” Arya smiled.

Vansh chuckled. “Abhimanyu was right to bring you with him.”

Arya laughed, nodding. “Abhi usually has these things planned out well. I don’t know why we need Leena and team.”

“Someone to implement his plan.” The other band member laughed.

“Were you scared when the guy jumped over the barricade?” Arya asked.

Akshara shook her head. “I didn’t see the guy coming, I had my back turned away from him, and I only heard the sounds later.” She decided not to talk about the way Abhimanyu held her protectively to him.

A sizzle passed through her at the memory of the heat from his body.

“Akshara, come eat something.” Vansh patted the empty chair next to him. Before Akshara could say something, she heard the overly familiar curt voice.

“What are you guys doing here?”

Vansh looked in his direction. “Abhimanyu, come join us for lunch.”

From where Akshara stood, she could not see Abhimanyu, but he continued to talk from outside the door.

“This is not the dining hall, guys. Give the ladies some privacy.”

Arya and Akshara exchanged looks as the guys grabbed their boxed lunches and grumbled a bye as they left.

Akshara waited for the door to the dressing room to be closed.

“Is he always like that?”

“Abhi? Yes, he can he an ass sometimes, but in his own away, he is the sweetest person ever.”

“It’s hard to see that side when he is grumpy and growly all the time.” Akshara rolled her eyes.

“That’s Abhi, and he is grumpier because he is not taking the health condition of Vansh’s mom well.”

Akshara nodded. “Yeah, Vansh mentioned it.”

Arya smiled. “I saw him tear up when Vansh called to tell him about his mother, but he hasn’t made the trip to meet her yet. I mean she is not far away, but he told me he couldn’t get himself to go see her in that vulnerable state.”

Akshara smiled, ignoring the strange twist she felt in her chest at the thought of Abhimanyu in tears. Was he capable of being in such an emotional state? From what she had seen of him didn’t really give her that feeling.

Later that day, an hour before the concert started, she looked at herself in the mirror, unable to believe how much the makeup made her eyes pop.

“You look lovely, Akshara.” Arya looked at her through the mirror and added, “That saree is beautiful.”

“Thank you,” she said, smiling, and added, “I love what you are wearing. It’s very elegant.”

Arya looked down at a contemporary styled dress with a flowy skirt that she knew would look amazing when she danced on stage with Abhimanyu.

“I need a new look for the next performance. Maybe we can spice it up by swapping our outfits.” Arya laughed.

“You would look amazing in the saree, but I would not be able to carry that outfit.” Akshara smiled.

Arya walked over to where Akshara stood in front of the mirror and said, “You can totally rock any outfit with that hot body of yours. You are already making all the guys drool over you, and tonight when they see you in this saree, they will all be dreaming about marrying a girl like you.”

“Shut up, Arya.” Akshara blushed, and her mind ran wild wondering what Abhimanyu would think of her outfit.

“Look at you blush. You are so cute. No wonder Vansh warned all the guys about staying away from you.” She laughed.

“I know. I didn’t know I was getting a best friend and big brother from one cousin.” Akshara rolled her eyes, making Arya laugh.

“You and I,both. Abhi is such a bossy big brother. Boys dreaded going out on a date with me in college because Abhi would go punch them after, if they misbehaved.” She laughed.

“Yes, I feel blessed to have Vansh as my friend more than a cousin.”

Arya smiled. “He is a good guy… oh, time to go.”

Akshara followed Arya and the others to backstage. Abhimanyu stood on the top-most step of the small staircase that led to the main stage. She looked at him, unable to deny how incredibly handsome he looked in the casual t-shirt and distressed jeans. His usually messy hair was styled and added a touch of class to the rock-star look he projected.

Abhimanyu cleared his throat and spoke into the speaker as his eyes scanned the group assembled.

“Tonight is our first opportunity, a chance to honor one of the most beautiful people I have known. More than a mother, she is a dedicated teacher who has given her life to music. She needs to be heard on the stage. Her dedication and commitment to music is what got me stand here on this stage. It was her who taught me everything I know,” he paused to look at his core band members and added, “We came together because of music, and we wouldn’t be here, together, if it weren’t for her. While she fights with her weakness, let’s give her strength with what we do at every one of the events. This is not a music tour; this is her stage, the one she set up for every one of us directly or indirectly. Let’s show how much she means to all of us.”

Akshara batted away the tears that gathered and looked at Abhimanyu in shock. She had never expected the impatient, growly man to have such a soft heart.

She kept her eyes on him as he looked at Vansh and said, “My brother, let’s make our mother proud tonight and every night we sing for her.”

The group was pumped up, and for Akshara, in that moment of high, she wanted to hug Abhimanyu, kiss him, and tell him how much she admired him. She took a deep breath channelling that emotion to drive away the doubts and fears she had about singing in front of thousands of people that night.

She stood in the back listening to him talk to his screaming fans, and Akshara felt the goose bumps layer her skin when he started singing. She knew, in that moment, why she felt agitated around him.

Deep in her heart, she still held the admiration for him as the singer who mesmerized her, but the annoyance she felt as a result of his behaviour cut through the admiration creating a conflict of her own.

Chills ran up her spine at the realization of her hidden admiration.

Whatever the case, there was no denying his talent and why his band was the topmost band in the country with millions of fans—her being one of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 2.3K 26
*SPORADIC UPDATES* With each episode, my belief of Abhira getting back together shatters, and it hurts like hell to see DKP sinking my ship to no ret...
4.8K 730 16
Abhimanyu and Akshara have known each other since their childhood. They are poles apart and have nothing in common. They have only one thing in commo...
72.1K 3.3K 27
Fanfiction on ABHIRA... Adapted
Teach Me! By Rithika0003

General Fiction

30.1K 1.7K 22
Abhimanyu Birla is a very strict professor but Akshara Oberoi loves to break every rule. How is their life going to be???