ABHIRA: THE RULE BREAKER'S GI...

By michinjanus

The Rule Breaker has it all-stunning good looks, fame, fortune, and screaming fans. The notorious lead singer... More

DESCRIPTION
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01- THE CAMPAIGN
CHAPTER 2 UNKNOWN ADMIRATION
CHAPTER 3 OFF-LIMITS!!
CH04 THE LONELY BACK
CH06 THE FIRST HUG
CH07 HE WANTED HER
CH08 HER FIRST LOVE
CH09 KISS HER BACK
CH10 THE MOONLIGHT TALK
CH11 I GOT YOU...!!
CH12 HOW DID HE KNOW??
CH13 WAS IT A DATE?
CH14 HE WAS HERS...SHE WAS HIS
CH15 HER SAVIOUR...
CH16 WHAT DO YOU FEEL?
CH17 NEW MOVE FOR YOU...(18+)
CH18 THE "RUINED" DATE
CH19 THE FIRST ROMANCE (18+)
CH20 MY BEST FRIEND
CH22- MY HEART STOPPING BEAUTY (18+)
CH22- CRAZY CRUSH TO LOVER
CH23 HIS SACRIFICE
CH24 THE PHONE ROMANCE(18+)
CH25 SHE LEFT...
CH26 HER PAIN AND ANGER...
CH27 HIS GRIEF...
CH28 UNTIL MY LAST BREATH
CH29 ABHIRA...(18+)
EPILOGUE

CH05 HER THOUGHTS

819 78 15
By michinjanus

A few days later…

“From the top, again,” Abhimanyu growled, and she felt her body want to slam to the floor out of exhaustion. It was the afternoon before the concert, and they have been in rehearsals all day.

“This is unbelievable. Vansh, I can’t do this,” Akshara whined.

“You’ll have to deal with the bull… c’mon, this is the last run.”

Arya laughed.

“That’s what he said five rounds ago.” Akshara rolled her eyes.

“No point arguing. The guy is a perfectionist, and we will be here all night if we don’t get this right.” Vansh laughed. “Plus, it’s more strenuous for him. He needs to sing and show his moves on stage.

“Why can’t you talk him out of this craziness?” Akshara shook her head.

“Do you want to try?” Vansh winked challengingly, and in that moment, she decided she needed to say something.

“Yes.” She walked over to where Abhimanyu stood reviewing the program script with the event manager. Her legs trembled from the never ending rounds of rehearsals, but her stomach coiled as it did many years ago when she approached him the first time.

He had his eyes on the script, but as she moved closer to him, he looked up like he sensed her approach him. He had a quizzical expression as she walked the last few feet toward him.

“Abhimanyu, I know the concert is tomorrow, but this practice after practice is exhausting. The group is tired, and so are you.” She kept her voice steady.

“Very thoughtful of you. If you want to end these rehearsals, do your part.”

“What?” She was taken aback.

He took a step closer. “This is a concert, not a recording in a studio.

Look up, move your eyes, smile a bit more when you sing because you are performing. I am not asking you to dance, just look lively.”

She looked at him in shock and annoyance. He was right, but that made her more irritated.

He looked at her for a long moment as she looked at him in silence before nodding and looking away at the group.

“Let’s go, guys.”

She stood there wondering why he didn’t say that to her sooner. Was he making everyone repeat because of her?

She watched as he walked away from her, his t-shirt showing the damp patch of sweat on his broad back from the way he moved around to the music while on stage. She looked away and saw Vansh and Arya giggle at her futile effort.

Akshara glared back at the two of them in response to their silliness.

She walked back to where Vansh stood ready to go on the stage and passed

Arya as she walked up to the stage. “Thanks for trying. I know him too well. He is awesome and difficult to work with at the same time.”

“I tried, and he made it sound like he was making everyone repeat because of me.” Akshara shook her head when she got closer to Vansh.

“He told you?” Vansh looked surprised.

“Yes. Why are you so surprised?”

Vansh ran his fingers through his hair. “He asked me to tell you that, and I thought it would be rude, so I didn’t tell you.”

“Vansh, I wish I had heard it from you rather than him, not after making everyone struggle like this.”

Arya laughed. “That’s Abhi for you. The adamant rock star.”

She took a deep breath and focused on the sequence of the hour-and a- half-long event scheduled for the next day.

Like every single time that day, she was able to shake away the annoyance with the first beat of the drum, marking the start of the show.

The music was great, and the rehearsal was perfect every single time, and yet something wasn’t right in Abhimanyu’s mind.

Knowing it was her, she made it a point to look around and make eye contact with the other musicians. Even for the next few rehearsals, she made eye contact with Abhimanyu, almost to prove to herself that she was not intimidated by him.

Her eyes followed his every moment, and every time, he had his act down to a T. The man was extremely fit, and physical exertion didn’t seem to be an issue. She made a note not to put the group under duress again and focus on what she needed to do.

“That’s a wrap!” Abhimanyu announced, and Akshara almost jumped with joy when they ended the practice session in the evening. A strange excitement started inside her, the one that was ignited by the way Abhimanyu looked at her. She held his gaze for a long moment as he looked at her with an expression she could not decipher.

Did she surprise him by doing what he thought she was incapable of?

The thought only made her smile widen.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Abhimanyu’s voice. “Listen up, folks.

You have three hours to relax, and I want the entire group back for early dinner. The event coordinator wants to review the travel plans for tomorrow.

The group dispersed in a hurry, and Arya was quick to pull Akshara along with her for a massage. Akshara laughed at the way Arya pulled her away from the conference room.

“Arya, why are you in a hurry?”

“I want to get to the spa before the boys show up.”

Akshara followed Arya to the other side of the hotel. “I am okay, I don’t need a massage.”

“Trust me, you do. You are touring with Abhi. You will need one every hour.” She laughed.

A little over three hours later, Akshara stepped out of her room after being pampered in the spa and managing to catch a nap before the team met for dinner. Her skin tingled from the spa treatments as the fluid material of her wide-legged pants slid over her skin. She paired the pants with a snug blouse and headed downstairs for the dinner meeting.

As she got closer to the elevator, her step fumbled a bit when her eyes caught sight of the tall figure that was becoming familiar by the minute.

Abhimanyu.

He turned as if he felt her presence and nodded.

“Hi,” she managed to say. She didn’t know why she felt so uncomfortable around him.

“Hey,” his response was curt as he waited for her to walk into the elevator.

Moments of silence later, Akshara said, “If you have something to say to me, please say it to me and not to Vansh. I’d rather know where I am messing up instead of you making the entire team repeat the sequence like you did today.”

There was a sliver of surprise in his eyes, but he nodded slowly.

“Sure. I was told the feedback was shared with you.”

“It was not, thanks to your best friend.” She rolled her eyes, and that seemed to lighten the tension building in the elevator. He smiled, his lips widening ever so slightly, and she caught the faint dimple on his cheek.

Her lips curved into a smile, and her heart started to thud in response to something she could not identify. Was her body reacting to his gorgeous smile just like it used to when she was a teenager crushing on him?

He waited for her to step out of the elevator, and she walked past him, mumbling a thanks under her breath. She walked ahead of him and was glad to see the group gathered at the large table set up for the dinner.

She went straight to where Vansh was talking to one of the event

coordinators. He excused himself when he saw her walk toward him.

“You don’t want me to escort you to and from your room, but you let Abhimanyu do it?”

Akshara rolled her eyes. “Yeah, that’s right. I had him shield me from the monsters in the elevator as well.”

“I’m kidding. Don’t be so mad.” Vansh winked.

“I’m hungry. Where is the rest of the gang?” She looked around wondering where Arya was since they both left the spa together.

“Not sure. I just got here.” Vansh waved at Abhimanyu as she spoke to the event coordinator.

“What is this meeting about?” Akshara asked.

“Well, I am told we will be discussing travel plans, set up at the auditorium, and our return.”

“Why is there a plan for it? We go, we set up, and we get back.” She shrugged.

Vansh chuckled. “That’s what I thought until I spoke to the coordinator’s assistant. Wait till you hear the actual plan.”

Akshara didn’t know what had amused Vansh about the plan but decided to save her questions when she saw Arya approach her. “There you are… did you catch a nap after the spa?”

“I feel so relaxed.” Akshara smiled at Arya, who she had bonded with over the last week.

“We all need that, especially with a buddy like mine running the tour.”

Arya pointed her finger at Abhimanyu in mockery. Akshara smiled and looked in his direction and realized he was looking at them, a sheet of anger covering his face.

Why was he so grumpy all the time? He has such an amazing smile, why can’t he do that more often?

Her heart started a rampage at the memory of his smile, and she looked away placing her hand over her chest.

“Calm down. What is wrong with you?”

“Huh? What?” Arya asked in response to Akshara’s mumble.

“Nothing. I’m hungry.”

“Why don’t we order food? I am sure we can eat and listen since we won’t be talking much when Abhi is walking us through the plan for tomorrow.” Arya giggled.

“Arya, what is he going to talk about?” Akshara could not figure out what the big deal was for travel.

“Oh, you wait and watch. I don’t want to ruin it for you since it is your first time with Abhi.” Arya laughed.

“I guess I’ll have to wait to find out.”

A couple of hours later, Akshara’s head was spinning, and she felt weak from fear after hearing the plan for the group to get to the event location. She stepped into her room after waving to Vansh, who was still standing in as her bodyguard and babysitter. Vansh had always been like her protector growing up, and he had backed off after school. It amused and annoyed her at the same time that he was going back to his babysitting mode.

Her phone started to ring, and she was relieved to see it was her best friend, Aarohi, and not the never-ending texts and emails she received during the dinner meeting. She was still in disbelief at how much planning went into a concert.

“Hey, you… rock star, what are you up to?” Aarohi teased on the video call.

Akshara rolled her eyes. “The rock star is torturing everyone.”

“Torturing you with his steamy looks?” Aarohi teased.

“Aarohi, it’s been a week, and I am tired. Just tired of everything,”

Akshara wailed.

“Now what?” Aarohi laughed.

“I had no idea how much planning goes into the concerts, and what The Rule Breakers do for planning is over the top.”

“Like what?”

“Every concert has a Plan A, B, C, and also D.”

“What’s wrong in that?” Aarohi shrugged.

“Not wrong, mind-boggling. It has that many combinations of songs and sequences, and everything needs to be practiced as if that is the main plan.”

“Oh, wow, that much prep? No wonder the band puts on such a good show even when they do private events.”

Akshara was surprised.

“Have you ever been to one of their concerts?”

“Yes, Neil’s company hosted an employee appreciation party, and

Abhimanyu’s band performed that night, and it was amazing. I had a total fan girl moment at the event. Did I not tell you about this a couple of years ago?”

“Hmm… I don’t recall.”

“Anyways, I had a blast.”

“I would remember you having a blast if you had told me,” Akshara taunted.

“My first concert with Neil, and I got wasted that night, so I might have forgotten.” Aarohi scrunched her nose on the video call.

“Anyway, I need to pack an overnight bag for tomorrow just in case the flights get cancelled.”

Aarohi laughed. “Why would flights get cancelled? There are so many commercial airlines. You could hop on any one of them to get back.”

“I have two words for you. Private jet.” Akshara snorted.

Aarohi’s eyes widened. “You are taking a private plane to the concert?”

“Yes, apparently, the commercial airlines are beneath the rule breaker’s standards.”

Aarohi laughed at her friend’s unhappiness. “Don’t be a snob. I am sure it is because the band is so popular, they will get ambushed wherever they go, especially your Abhimanyu.”

“What do you mean my Abhimanyu?” Akshara glared at her friend.

“You still love him, don’t you?”

“Gosh, please. He is a bully who is rude and annoying.”

“Annoyingly hot?” Aarohi went on.

“Annoying like I want to slap him sometimes.” She grit her teeth.

“Oh, you want to touch him, you mean?” Aarohi laughed.

Akshara slapped her hand on her forehead. “How are you being a supportive friend?”

“Okay, okay. I am listening. What else happened today?”

“I had to reject the outfit chosen for me by the designer.” Akshara hoped for a shift in the conversation.

Aarohi’s eyes sparkled. “What are you wearing?”

“The dress that was chosen with the signature colors was too bright, so I picked out a saree to wear for the concert.”

“Wow. You are going to show him your curves. He is going to be staring at you all night and might forget singing.”

“Aarohi, please. I’m already irritated that I have to go with him on the plane, so don’t push it.”

Aarohi shook her head. “You are such a spoiled sport. What’s wrong being on a plane with him? You spend all day with him, how is a plane ride different?”

Akshara let out a sigh. “Remember the planning I told you about? The entire group doesn’t travel together. The group is broken down into two groups, so not everyone travels on the same plane at the same time. This is what I am talking about Plan A to Z back-up plans. It’s like no matter what happens, the show must go on. So, I have to go with Abhimanyu on that plane.”

“So Vansh and the other singer will be on another plane?”

“Yes.”

Aarohi laughed, looking at her friend’s dramatic expression.

“Akshara, why are you being so obnoxious about it? You are traveling with him, on a plane, in your own space.”

“But he will be right there.” Akshara rolled her eyes.

Aarohi looked at her friend for a long moment. “What are you not telling me?”

Akshara looked up at the ceiling. “He is so arrogant and rude, but… I get this strange excitement when he is around. It is so weird, and I hate it.”

“Akshara, are you having dirty dreams about him…again?” Aarohi laughed.

“I am not telling you anything anymore.”

“I’m sorry, I was only teasing.”

“It’s okay. I am doing this for Vansh’s mom. The tour is in her honor.” Akshara smiled.

“Yeah, but are you saying you have unresolved feelings for Abhimanyu?”

“If feelings include how irritated I am with his behaviour, then yes, I do, and…” her voice trailed off when her eyes fell on the tall figure in the gardens down below.

“What?” Aarohi asked when she saw her friend distracted.

“Another weird thing is, he spends time in the dark, outside in the gardens by himself almost every day.”

“Like the time you saw him near the fountain in college?”

“Yes,” she said, looking away. “He is not the guy I used to like when I was in high school. Now, I get agitated around him.”

“You said excitement first.” Aarohi pointed out.

Akshara looked at her friend. “I have no idea what it is, but I feel excited, agitated, nervous, and even irritated when I am around him.”

“Do you still think he is hot?”

Akshara rolled her eyes. “I am not blind.”

“Just forget about what happened years ago. He said mean things about your dad, and I don’t think you should hold that over his head.”

Akshara shook her head. “It’s not entirely that, but there is something about him I don’t like. I don’t know what.”

“That’s too much thinking for one night. Go to bed now.” Aarohi laughed.

“Yes, good night.”

Akshara ended the call and looked at the window wondering if he was still standing in the gardens. She decided not to think about him for the rest of the night and got ready for bed.

As she lay in bed, looking into the darkness, she could not forget how she felt every time their eyes met. She felt many other things when she was around him, but what surprised her was the excitement. Something about him made her want to do things that would surprise him, beat his expectations.

Why?

Another emotion she could not get over was disappointment. Could she ask him to sing her a classical song? Could she sing with him?

She decided not to implore and let sleep take over, blurring out all thoughts of him.

Love
Janus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96K 6.5K 35
COMPLETED | STAND ALONE | BOOK II 1 in #Harshali✨ (as on 19/11/22) ♡♡♡ Abhimanyu is on a mission to hunt down the girl who has his heart, but how do...
35.8K 2.2K 27
after 6 years... Akshara lives in Goa with her child abhir who is 5 year old... she does jobs and earns enough that she gives the best life to her ch...
183K 12.4K 48
Abhimanyu Birla. The Bad Boy of University. A highly intelligent student but is arrogant, proud, superior and has major ego issues. Gets into fights...
31K 2.4K 26
*SPORADIC UPDATES* With each episode, my belief of Abhira getting back together shatters, and it hurts like hell to see DKP sinking my ship to no ret...