Rᴇᴛʀɪʙᴜᴛɪᴏɴ || O.Tᴏᴏʀᴜ // M...

By TinyTsun

'Fa̸t̸t̸y̸!' 'U̸g̸l̸y̸!' 'B̸i̸t̸c̸h̸!' 'P̸i̸g̸!' 'D̸i̸e̸!' 'K̸i̸l̸l̸ y̸o̸u̸r̸s̸e̸l̸f̸!' 'L̸o̸s̸e̸r̸!' Those w... More

Just The Beginning.
Prey.
Progress.
High Road.
Standard.
Secret.
Situation. (1/2)
--Announcement--
Situation. (2/2)
Cruelty.
--Announcement 2--
Plot In Chronological Order (1)
Plot In Chronological Order (2)
Plot In Chronological Order (3)
Plot In Chronological Order (4)
Details
Characters + Appearance from "Notice Me, Kouhai"

Interest.

17K 595 1K
By TinyTsun

It had been a little over a week since the official start Oikawa's reign as brand new positions down at the office. With the exception of that, everything regarding work ethic carried on without a single hitch.

"We make a pretty good team so far, wouldn't you say so, (Y/n)-chan?" You followed close behind as he stepped into the elevator. "I feel as if I'm working with Tanba-san himself." He smiled, pressing the button leading to the 25th floor.

"Yes, sir."

Oikawa looked to you. "Y'know, I noticed you don't talk a lot unless it's to update me about my schedule. That's no fun. And I don't think I've seen you smile an inch since the night of the celebration. You've such a pretty smile. Teeth, too. It's a bit of a waste."

"With all due respect, sir." You spared him a minor glance. "I don't see the point in doing much of that. There is a time and place for everything. Currently, we're at work. Technically speaking, this business is hardly a place to stop and chitchat." It was back to staring down the dull steel wall for you.

"Uh..." He was stumped. As awkward as it was, he tried laughing it off. "You have a point there."

All except his thumbs, Oikawa's hands hooked into the pockets of his slacks. He, too, held a steady gaze with the panel of buttons ahead of him, and every now then, an individual corner.

"So..." he started up. "What's next up on my agenda?" He stole a brief glance from the corner of his eye.

"Lunch."

"Right on time, too. I'm starving."

You raised the stack of papers hiding his very schedule in the pack of your clipboard. "Immediately after that, I set aside an hour and a half for you to finish up the remaining pile of unauthorized documents you failed to finish yesterday."

Oikawa inhaled and huffed a sigh. "I do love this business, but I gotta say the paperwork is the least exciting thing about it all. For lunch, (Y/n)-chan, can you order me-"

"I already sent someone out to fetch your usual order, so they should be on their way up in a bit."

"As expected of Tanba-san's apprentice."

The elevator came to a gentle halt seconds before parting open to a floor laced with red carpeting and golden walls. Your journey continued down to the end of the hall, leading toward large, raven-colored double doors.

"After you've finished checking and signing off those documents, you have a meeting to discuss the details concerning our brand new upcoming launch: Nobel."

"To choose the people who're gonna model for us, right?"

"Correct."

Oikawa pulled his chair back, sat himself down, and reeled himself back up to the desk. "(Y/n)-chan," you looked up from your clipboard and answered him.

"While we're waiting on my food to arrive, if you don't have to leave this very second, why don't you tell me about yourself for the next few minutes."

You raised a brow. "Excuse me?"

"I can't help being a bit interested in you," he said. "Ah, not like in the way you might think," he shook his hands. "But just who you are as a person." His eyes crinkled as his smile stretched further. "That should be okay, right?"

'He wants to know me?' Compared to his own, your halved smile was about as much as you were willing to share. "Okay then." Your conscious ordered you to bare it down and do it wider, but it didn't stand a chance against your already irritated nerves.

'I see a smile!' he cheered to himself. 'I got her.' He propped his elbows on the edge of the desk as he held his head in his hands. "Then let's start with a hobby. What do you do for fun when you're not thinking about work?"

The sensation prickling underneath your nails screamed out for you to kneed to the pads of your fingers into the back of your clipboard. "My hobby, huh..." A particular moment where the sunflower patch you had finished working on, before it being snatched and snipped into tiny pieces, flashed into your mind. "For me, I like the art of embroidery. It helps me to relieve my stress on most days."

"Embroidery?" he said. 'Is that like crocheting or something? I thought that stuff was for grannies.' But of course, he would never tell you that. "That's sounds so cool."

You lowered your lids. "Do you honestly think so?" Your brow lifted the blatant lie.

"Of course," he nodded closer to you. "I personally don't know a lot of people who do it, but it's a unique skill if I ever heard it. Sounds like a lot of fun, too. Maybe I should come to you for lessons sometime to learn how to do it."

The corner of your lips curled into a smirk. "Maybe you should. I have more than enough experience, so if you're up to the challenge, I'm sure I can teach you a thing or two, sir."

Every muscle in both Oikawa's face and limbs froze. "Eh?"

"Tooru-chan!" The suggestive inkling his brain managed to process from that, concluded at the hearty chirp of the woman prancing into his office.

'Wait, I haven't I seen this woman somewhere before.' You couldn't put a finger on it just yet.

"Ari-chan." His beaming fiancee circled his desk, sparkles and all, to throw her entire self into his arms. "What're you doing here?" The large bouquet of red and yellow roses cradled in her right arm forced him to turn his head to the other side.

"I came to congratulate you officially with these." She placed it down on his desk and raised the white plastic bag hanging from her left hand. "And bring your lunch. I ran into the guy coming to give it to you, so I offered to do it for him since I was already on my way here." She set it down beside the flowers.

'Ari...' You pondered the name until it hit you. 'Oh, that's right. Her face was on the front page of a brand magazine I saw at the convenience store.'

"You're simply darling," he stretched his lips forward and waited for the smooch. "How'd I get so lucky to have you as my fiancee?"

"Right?" she giggled. "You had better take good care of me for years and years to come."

'Fiance?' you raised a brow. 'Engaged to a model, are we...' You sized her up from the waist up. 'Interesting.'

"I wanted to come the same day you started work, but I was super busy with back to back photoshoots, so I didn't have a chance to stop by. But I talked to my manager a few days ago and he switched things around so I could spend time with you today. You won't be working late tonight will you?"

"You didn't get to come out to celebrate with us, right? We'll do some celebrating of our own, later tonight over dinner."

"Mm! Sounds good to me," she said. "By the way, your new office is really something." Her eyes roamed over the golden interior and the dark furniture balancing it out.

A simple room filled with a beautifully crafted couch sitting off to the side; decorative art pieces hanging off the walls, small and large alike. Even the freshly watered plants standing around the room added contributed to the atmosphere. But what caught her eye most of all was the glass background with an outlooking the city and its cloudy blue sky.

"Ah, I almost forgot," he gestured a hand towards you, who stood patiently in the middle of the room. "I want you to meet my new executive secretary, (l/n) (Y/n)-chan. She received her own promotion while I was in the works of taking over for dad."

"Oh," she clapped. "I remember now! So you're the person who'll be working with my Tooru from now on."

"Yes," you said.

"Congratulations to you, too!" She left his side and made her way over with a spread arms. "My name's Sato Ari, Tooru-chan's fiancee." You stiffened in her tight embrace. "Please take good care of him for me while he's here."

"Of course, Sato-san." You shot a glance to said person. "It's part of my responsibility to see to the welfare of our Chief Executive." The warm smile he carried in watching his soon-to-be wife faltered the second he locked eyes with you. "Every need he'll possibly have will be taken care of personally by me." You blinked off to the other side of the room until she eventually released you.

The fatal flicker of what he considered to be of a starved appetite, went off in your eyes. It was similar to that of what he caught you with that night in the car. 'There's no way I imagined that.' He spent too much time with women of all kinds not to know what that look stood for.

'Could (Y/n)-chan actually be interested in me? In that way!' He simpered, like the dog he was used to being called, over the thought of it actually being true.

Well-dressed, slim-figured, beautiful on top of it? He had picked and discarded his share or your type already, so it wasn't anything new there. However, he did stand under an entirely different circumstance.

'Screwing around with my executive secretary?' A fantasy and kink either best-lived through or read about in works of fiction. Temptation at its finest. And yet, he couldn't help seeing it as a new path to explore. A territory he hadn't yet seized. His eyes shifted off to the large brown couch on the other side of the room. Just imagining all of the sticky situations you two could get in; both metaphorically, and physically.

"Tooru-chan, I said!" He shook his head up to the pouty-lipped woman with hands on her hips.

No longer than two seconds later, reality, as it always did, came crashing down on him. Oikawa Tooru did indeed, for but a moment, forget about the fiancee standing across the room with said secretary.

Cold sweats broke out all over. 'No, no, no! I can't betray her like that! Not this angelic little thing.' Since the moment he met her, he vowed to save his heart, soul, and man parts for her and only her.

"What's with you zoning out like that?"

"Sorry, honey. What did you say?"

"I was trying to tell you that I'm leaving now. I'll come back later in the evening, so eat every last bite of your lunch so you can finish the day strong, understand?"

"Don't worry," he waved, his smile awkwardly curved. "I will. Get back safely." Without looking directly at you he tried asking, "(Y/n)-chan, can you walk her down to-"

"No, no, it's fine. I can get back down by myself. See you," She pecked her palm and blew one last kiss from where she stood, before waving and going on about her day.

His eyes didn't leave her figure until she stepped into the elevator and those doors closed her inside.

Now that is was just you and him, he didn't know what to say, let alone do with himself. "Ah...Let's start eating." Oikawa reached for the bag holding his lunch and pulled the container out. The aroma hit him directly, signaling the monster inside his stomach claw harder. "I can't wait to dig in," he said.

"Oikawa-san." Before the male could pop the lid, he stopped. "I'm sorry, did I make you uncomfortable just now?"

'Play dumb.' That was the best thing to do. "What do you mean?" He lifted his eyes up to you. An apology was given, but the giver themself didn't look apologetic in the slightest. In fact, it was fairly accurate to say you were amused.

"Playing dumb isn't a feature one with your high caliber or level of intelligence should be resorting too. It's unattractive."

To this, he was rendered speechless. It was clear to him that you weren't buying, nor allowing him to use such an excuse.

"Were you uncomfortable with what I said?" One foot after another, your heels clicked all the way down to his desk. You then set your clipboard off to the side and took your index finger to the surface, gliding it along as you circled around to stand at his side.

"I wasn't..." Truth be told.

One good swipe with the back of your hand, and that bouquet of roses fell to the tiled floor. The handful of loose petals scattered away from the bunch. "That's good," you said, stepping over them.

It wasn't though. Not at all. Yet again, he was frozen by that look. As dangerous it was, he didn't dislike it.

"You wanted to know about me and what I like to do, is that right, Oikawa-san?" He couldn't nod nor utter a single word. "I think it's only fair of you to share what you like to do as well. Don't you?" His ears perked to the soft purr.

"What I like to do, huh?" He did his best to laugh the nerves away. He then swung out from his desk to face you. "What kind of answer are you looking for?" His already weak smile died due to the hand parting his knee away from the other.

"Whatever I'm making you think, of course." You eased your knee into the small space of seat in front of his crotch. "While we're on the subject." Your hand clasped onto the knot of his tie, while the other steadied your body on the head of the seat. "What do you think of me, Oikawa-san?"

His eyes dipped to your chest. "What do I think of you?" Repeating the words back to you was the best way he knew how to save face. "I think you're smart, responsible, hard-working," he went on. "And gorgeous, too but, you shouldn't need me or anyone to tell you that."

You smirked. "And yet you keep reminding me in little ways."

"Well, that's-"

Those eyes. "Are you still interested in me, sir?" Black pools of lust trying, not only to drown him where he sat, but strip him of the few bits of reason keeping his head barely above the waters.

"You can say that..." For as long as you hovered over him, his own appetite for actual food waned by the second.

From here it was then that you wiggled loose his tie from its perfect hold around his neck. "Even though I'm not your fiancee?"

Yet again he had to be reminded of her existence. "(Y/n)-chan," he turned his head away. "I'm truly flattered that you-" The explanation fell away as he was yanked, from the collar, up to your features.

"I made a mistake. I shouldn't have tried to make you choose like that. That's the last thing I'd want you to do, sir. It's okay though, since I'm a grown woman, I have no problem sharing."

Goosebumps roused across all four limbs at the loose whispers. "I see that," he breathed. The rising tension wasn't so good for his chest.

As you finished undoing the tie, you slipped it out from underneath his collar. As much as he told himself not to, the hex you cast on him chained his eyes from shifting off of the captivating beauty before him.

"But still...I'm sure Ari-chan herself would have a problem with it."

"I understand," you raised the tie near his head and released it from your fingertips. You then set your heal down the floor and took a step away from him. "I'll take my leave for now. I have to get a move on anyway. But please, enjoy the remaining 45 minutes of your break. I'll return with your documents before then."

Finally, the spell lifted from him and he could afford to look elsewhere. Before long, you as well dismissed yourself from his office to finish carrying out your duties for the day. 'What the hell was that?' All in all, leaving him by himself to dwell on what just took place.

As you rode the elevator back down, it stopped to pick up those coming from the 15th floor. Among them, stepped Takagi, who you used to be team leaders with at one point in time.

"Hey, you!" She clapped a hand down on your shoulder. How's everything going up there?" She reached over and pressed the button to the ground floor. "We're starting to miss you in there."

"Everything going good, Takagi-san. The workload's definitely multiplied, and so have my responsibilities, but I don't find it too overwhelming."

"Tanba-san did great in preparing you then," she grinned, shoving her hand into the front pockets of her pants.

"Yes," you tilted your head into your smile. "Though, there are times where I miss working with you all."

"What're you up to now?" Her hand slid off your shoulder. "You on break?"

"No, I left the Chief back in his office for his lunch break because I still have my own work to take care of. I have one later, though."

She pouted. "That sucks I was gonna ask you to come out with a couple of us for lunch." Takagi then shrugged as she huffed. "Oh well. Can't be helped."

Two floors after the previous one, a few others unloaded the elevator, leaving nobody but the two of you inside. As soon as the elevator doors shut, Takagi turned to you and grabbed your shoulders.

"(Y/n), you gotta spill everything. What's it really like working with the new Chief? Is he a spoiled brat? Is he a demon boss? A bastard? Do you think he's good a leader? No, if the Chief-Ah, the Chairmen, gave him the position, it'll be mostly thanks to his brains and leadership skills."

The downpour of questions coupled with the frantic look on her face, "Pfft." Made you erupt into a fit of laughter.

"Hmph," he brows creased. "What's so funny?"

"No," You wiped the tear from your eye, trying to calm yourself down. 'He's always been a bastard.' "Takagi-san, it's only been a week since we've started."

"So?" she crossed her arms. "A week should be enough for you to get a general idea of what he's like."

True, but your general thoughts of him hadn't been swayed since all those years ago. Not one bit. In your mind, Oikawa had and will always be that same individual he'd been. "Let's put it like this. Oikawa-san has two sides to him."

"That's so vague." Her grumbles made you chuckle. "Some of the girls back on our floor say they envy you though, because, and I quote, 'The new Chief is soo incredibly handsome'," she clasped her hands and looked to the ceiling. "And, 'He's a like a movie star or an idol'." Her hand fell across her forehead as she pretended to swoon. "Typical fangirl behavior," she swatted the thoughts away. "He is easy on the eyes though, I'll give him that."

Takagi slid her hands back into her pockets. "What about you though?"

"What about me?"

She smirked. "You work with the guy," she nudged her elbow into you. "Does he make your heart pitter-patter, too? You must be taking good care of him up there when we don't see you," she winked.

"Takagi-san," you nudged her back, making her laugh. "Are you trying to get me fired already? He's my boss. Our boss," you emphasized to make it extra clear. "Those kinds of feelings don't matter."

"Wouldn't hurt to see his reaction to you bending down to pick a pen up off the floor. Just once should be enough. And while you're at it, give your tush a little wiggle." She shook her just to get another laugh out of you.

"I wouldn't dare. Oikawa-san has a fiance already whom he loves very much. In fact, she stopped by."

"A fiance? Well, I shouldn't be surprised. Can't say the same for the girls though. Just the other day Azumane-san and I found a few them playing rock, paper, scissors, over who would take the report up to his office."

"They've always been quite the rowdy bunch."

"And you said she stopped by? Did you see what she looked like?"

"I did. She introduced herself to me as Sato Ari."

"Eh...EHH?! The Sato Ari? Are you talking about the rising model on the front cover of XX* magazine?" she exclaimed. "That Ari-chan?" This time for real, Takagi looked for support on the walls. Just the thought of her. "A girl like Sato Ari is my ideal type! She's cute and bubbly with an insanely huge rack!" She grabbed a fist full of air. "And she's marrying the Chief?" she sniffed. "That lucky son of a-- Why couldn't it be meee?"

The elevator came to another gentle halt, this time in front of your floor. With a soft ding, it opened its doors to the floor belonging to those of Human Resources.

"I have to go now, Takagi-san." You stepped out. "Let's meet up again, later." You parted with a backhanded wave.

"Mm! See you around, (Y/n)," she waved.

A/N*: XX- I couldn't think of a magazine name to go with..teehee. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! We'll be getting just a tad bit spicy next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 14.5K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
10.7K 605 36
"𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵; 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶." You don't have to wat...
79.4K 1.9K 11
Between the two of them, Osamu had always been more liked. Well, maybe not when it came to Sakusa, but in every other aspect. Where Atsumu was sassy...
915 55 25
⚠️WARNING⚠️ -------------------------- This book may trigger some readers. This book may contain: -Mental illnesses -Assault -Suicide Please read at...