The Lost Princess of Asgard

By marvel-ous

You've all heard the stories of Thor...or Loki, but you've never heard mine. My name is Astryd Odindittir. I... More

Prologue.
Part I : Chapter I
Part I : Chapter III
Part I : Chapter IV
Part I : Chapter V
Part I : Chapter VI
Part I : Chapter VII
Part I : Chapter VIII
Part I : Chapter IX
Part I : Chapter X
Part I : Chapter XI
Part I : Chapter XII
.intermission.
Part II : Chapter XIII
Part II : Chapter XIV
Part II : Chapter XV
Part II : Chapter XVI
Part II : Chapter XVII
Part II : Chapter XVIII
Part II : Chapter XIX
Part II : Chapter XX
Part II : Chapter XXI
Part II : Chapter XXII
Part II : Chapter XXIII
Part II : Chapter XXIV
Part II : Chapter XXV
Part II : Chapter XXVI
Part II : Chapter XXVII
Part II : Chapter XXVIII
Part II : Chapter XXIX
Part II : Chapter XXX
Part II : Chapter XXXI
Part II : Chapter XXXII
Part II : Chapter XXXIII
Part II : Chapter XXXIV
Part II : Chapter XXXV
Part II : Chapter XXXVI
Author's Note

Part I : Chapter II

32.9K 922 545
By marvel-ous

Part One. Chapter Two.

The Lost Princess.

      I sat up straight in bed, staring glumly out the window. The doctor said I was allowed to leave today, but leave where? I don’t remember anything, and the last thing I want is to be alone. The door opened and in came a man who I haven’t seen before. He wore a nice, polished suit and carried a serious expression on his face. His eyes landed on me and stayed there for a second. “Who are you?” He asked.

    “Who are you?” I asked, not wanting to be the first to answer.

     “I am Agent Coulson.”

      “I’m Astryd.”

     A smile formed on his face, the serious expression he wore before now long gone. He sat at the edge of my bed. “How are you doing, Astryd?”

   “I don’t know.” I answered, glumly fidgeting with my fingers, not wanting to make eye contact.

  “Don’t tell me you’re sad!”

   “I am.” I responded with a frown. “I’m alone.”

   “You’re not alone. We may have just met, but you have me, and you have Erik. You’re lost, but you’ll never be alone.” He said, his tone concerned with my feelings. I finally allowed myself to glance up at him. He still wore a genuine smile on his face.  I returned it, slightly. It was more of a half-smile that threatened to complete itself.

   “Do you think I’ll ever be found?”

    The smile faded off of Agent Coulson’s face and he sighed. “I’m not sure, Astryd. Hey, don’t frown. When I was a kid, my mother used to tell me a story about a princess who on her way to a ball got lost in the dark forest, because another princess was jealous of her and used magic to get rid of her. The lost princess faced many obstacles in the forest that night, but she fought through each of them. Even though she thought she was alone, she wasn’t. The animals that hid from the darkness of the forest saw her fighting, and they soon joined her and gave her company. Her family worried over her, and her father sent his knights to go find her. When they did, she had grown fond over the forest animals and didn’t want to leave them.”

      “So what happened?” I asked, interested to know if the princess stayed or left with her family.

    “She had to make a big decision, but she chose both. She left with her family, but she always returned to the forest, the place that had given her strength.” Agent Coulson finished.

    Hearing the conclusion to his story, I felt better. I had a flare of hope that was daring to ignite. It was all I had left. Hope that I would be like that princess and soon find my family, but when they do find me, would I want to leave?

    “You’re never alone, Princess.” He murmured, nicknaming me. I smiled brightly in appreciation of my new nickname. I loved it. The door opened and in came a man all dressed in black wearing an eye patch, who gave me the chills, alongside Erik. Agent Coulson got up, sending me a nod that I returned. Erik took his spot.

   “Astryd, would you like to stay with me until we find your family?” He asked, gently. I glanced at Agent Coulson who gave me an encouraging nod. I smiled back at Erik and nodded. Erik returned the smile. “Okay. Then, we should be heading back to your new home. I live in Willowdale, Virginia; I think you’ll like it there.”

    “Okay.” I said, hopping off the bed. My attention turned to the man in black whose gaze was steady on me. “Who is he?” I whispered to Erik.

   “I’m Director Fury. I’m glad to see that you’re alright, and before you leave, I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. It’ll only help me help you find your parents.” He said, answering instead of Erik. I smiled sheepishly, but nodded. He didn't seem like the bad person I thought him to be at first sight. After being heavily questioned by him, I was allowed to leave. Fury must've been joking when he had said, 'a few questions'. I felt as if I was being interrogated for a crime, but I pushed it aside and obliged him.

       As Mr. Selvig and I left S.H.I.E.L.D, we were greeted by the hot summer air. I watched in awe as two birds flew right past me, landing on a red truck as if to stop and stare at me. "Huh, ravens," Mr. Selvig mumbled as he walked towards the truck which just so happened to be his. I continued to stare at the two ravens and watched as they flew up, up in the sky and far away.

**

     "Mr. Selvig, do you believe that there are other worlds?" I asked as I held on tightly to my devoured ice cream cone with one hand and Erik's with my other. It was yet another hot day in Willowdale, and Erik was nice enough to buy me a treat and to take me out to play. We both crossed the street carefully as we decided to take a stroll through the park.

   "Please, call me Erik...," he politely smiled, and then added, "That should be the least of your worries...-” He glanced down at me, as I patiently waited for the answer to my question."-but yes, I guess I do believe that we aren't the only world out there."

    "That's what I think," I mumbled, more to myself than to him. I then skipped my way towards the park, admiring the play area. It seemed fit and lovely for an eight year old like me to play in. I didn't even have to ask Mr. Selvig as I glanced back, because he gave me a slight nod with a smile on his face. Without hesitation, I ran to the nearest trash bin, disposed of my demolished cone and finally, skipped my way to the slide.

    "Hjuki and Bil went up the hill to fetch a pail of water," I quietly sang to myself, content. “Hjuki fell down and broke his crown and Bil came tumbling after.

     It’s been a week since the ‘incident’. That’s what I called it since I had no other word for it. I still haven’t remembered anything, and was no help when it came to searching for my parents.I refused to go to therapy, because I didn’t like the idea. Over the week, I watched Erik as he looked through every file that existed thoroughly with the help of Agent Coulson who would visit from time to time. They even called in a few people for DNA testing, and sent agents to look for people that resembled me, but it was of no use. No match had come up at all; not even close. It had come down to a point where I found myself asking: Am I even from this world?

      “Hey, kid! You are blocking the slide!” A boy my age exclaimed, scowling at me. Oh the irony, he is calling me a kid when he himself is one. I shook my head, nodded, and stepped aside.

       “My apologies.” I told him.

      “You’re weird.” He said, emphasizing on the word weird in a bad way. I remained calm and waited until he slid down the side to frown and show my hurt. That stung, but I reminded myself that it was just another obstacle that I had to face just like the princess from Coulson’s story. I had to find a way to fit in with the kids my age.

**

   It has been a long, eventful day and I grew tired by the minute, but fought against it. There’s so much that I can do and so much to see. I don’t want to waste time sleeping when I can be doing other things, but I knew the real reason why I didn’t want to fall asleep… I feared the nightmare that would come right after. I’ve been having them frequently, and they seem to get worse as the days go by. Each night added in terrifying new things. I never fully understood my dreams, and I think that’s why I feared them.

    Erik noticed, and gently picked me up from the couch carrying me to the room that is now called mine. “I’m not tired at all, Mr. - I mean Erik. I can run for miles and miles and not be tired. I-“A yawn escaped from my mouth, contradicting my words.

    Erik chuckled, shaking his head playfully. He placed me on my bed and pulled the covers over me, tucking me in. “It’s time for you to get some rest that way you can be just as energetic as you were today, tomorrow.”

    I scrunched up my nose in protest, and shook my head no to only receive a stern look from Erik. I sighed. “May you tell me a story, at least?”

    Erik nodded, deep in thought as he tried to think of one. He scratched the back of his neck, slightly in an embarrassed manner. “You know what; I don’t have a story in mind at the moment. Sorry, but I promise I’ll have one for tomorrow?”

    I gasped eyes wide. “How could you not possibly know a fictional story, Mr. Selvig?” My eyes widened more as I realized what I had called him. It was a habit to address people in a formal way, perhaps it was how I used to do so before I forgot everything.

      “I am a very logical and literal man.” He explained, softly, and then added, “It’s alright to call me Erik, Astryd. I won’t get mad if you do.”

     I glanced down at my hands, and fidgeted with them over my blanket as I bit my lip. I wanted to ask him something, but am afraid that it might upset him. What do I have to lose? I thought to myself. “May I call you ‘Father’, instead?” I quietly asked, not even wanting to look up at him. I wasn’t sure if it’d be too soon to do so. I’ve noticed that the bond between Erik and I had grown stronger these past few days, and there are moments when I actually believe he is my father. Or at least I hope he was…

    Two warm, comforting hands rested over mine and I finally glanced up to see Erik’s soft, brown eyes staring into mine. I remember him telling me how he’s always wanted children, but could never have one of his own. A loving smile formed on his face, and my face mirrored his.

    “Yes, yes you can,” he answered, eyes a bit teary. I grinned up at him, sitting up. The covers slid off in the process, but I couldn’t care less. Once I was close enough, I wrapped my tiny arms around his chest. It didn’t take long for him to respond and wrap his arms securely around me. He then pulled away, his smile never fading. He tucked me back in and kissed my forehead.

    “Okay, now you must to go sleep, it is getting late.” He said using his stern voice once again as he walked towards the door. This time, I didn’t protest. I nodded at him and he switched the light off. “Goodnight, Astryd.”

“Goodnight, Father.”

**

     "How could you have done this?" Frigga, the Queen of Asgard, demanded as she rushed towards her husband. The news had just gotten to her only a few moments ago, and it had struck her hard. Odin's attention snapped towards her, and he let out a sigh. "What would you have done?" He questioned her, in a solemn tone.

    "I wouldn't have the heart to do what you did," Frigga croaked, tears escaping. "My Astryd is still alive; I can feel it. You can't just call of the search this quickly. She could be injured, she could-"

    "It's been a whole month," Odin interrupted. "Neither Heimdall or I have had a glimpse of her in any realm. It hurts to say this, my Love, but our daughter is gone."

    His eyes stared into her hurt ones as he added, "I too grieve for our daughter...but there are things even I cannot undo." His eyes then looked away, setting back on looking at the wonderful view of Asgard as he was doing so before. He couldn't look her in the eyes any longer, because he knew that the words he just spoke were a lie.

    It pained him to see his family this way; it pained him to not a have his beloved daughter with him. His Astryd wasn't dead, in contrary, he knew she was alive and well in Midgard. As much as he wished for her to be with him, he couldn't bring her back. If he did, he'd put all Asgardians' lives at risk and that is something a king mustn't do.

    He’s glad that Heimdall went through with his wish. Astryd doesn’t recall Asgard or her family, and she found someone to confide in, to protect her, and raise her as Odin, himself, would’ve done.  All he could do now is watch over Astryd as she is raised by a sincere man whom she now calls Father.

                           For the safety of Asgard, the Princess is now dead.

If you saw the trailer to this story, then you probably noticed the similarity from the last scene to the beginning of the trailer. I decided that this will mostly be in first person, but there will be a few scenes that will be in third so you can know what is going on in Asgard while Astryd is gone. The nursery rhryme Astryd was singing was 'Jack & Jill', but that had orginated from Norse Mythology from a story of two children named Hjuki and Bil. I'll be adding small hints of her norse/ Asgardian culture throughout this story.

Also, just a heads up, time will go by fast in part one of this story, simply because part one is mainly about Astryd adjusting to Earth. I made a new cover, one that included all three siblings, do you guys like it? I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please leave your thoughts below!

I made a new video for this story; it's to the side >>> It's when Astryd & Loki are older. I like how it came out better than the actual trailer...lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 521 30
Your friend had a car accident and after that you meet the god of misschief. You learn that you're a lost Asgardian and that they need you more than...
39.8K 826 22
This story takes place during Thor and most of the Avengers with my own twist at the end Please enjoy :) DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE MAVR...
Always By Lina

Fanfiction

5.3K 149 12
Disclaimer: I don't own anything except for the plot.
149K 5.1K 27
D-84, a H.Y.D.R.A. assassin, works alone. Loneliness is normal for her. At least, until she meets the person who will change her life for good. Loki...