Unmatched Hatred

By hogwarts_student88

It was Draco Malfoy. It was the boy whose face always crossed my mind even at the most inconvenient times. Dr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
The End

Chapter 34

193 3 2
By hogwarts_student88

I entered into the Slytherin common room, only to find Kasper and Blaise playing a game of chess amongst a group of people who were doing other things such as studying and completing homework.

"Oh, hey Holly," said Blaise as he made his next move on the chess board.

"Holly!" remarked Kasper gladly. "Have you heard-"

My countenance was exceedingly and noticeably troubled, for I stood with my hand covering my mouth. I also struggled to hold back the unfallen tears which saturated my eyes. Kasper shot up instantly from his seating place on the couch when he saw my condition. As he did so, his knee accidentally collided with the coffee table where the chess board was setting, knocking over all the pieces off the board.

"No, Holly, don't do that," Kasper pleaded.

"What happened?" asked Blaise.

Now the same crowd who had been discussing answers to upcoming tests and working ahead in certain classes were now watching me with worried eyes. I began to feel embarrassed just standing there awkwardly, glaring at everyone with empty eyes. I strived to force down my tears and say a few words, yet every attempt I made, I only felt the horrible urge to sob. Instead, I rushed away to my dorm with my face in my hands.

(Third Person View)

Kasper was left feeling puzzled, with confusion and perturbation clear on his expression as he brought his hand to his face.

"What just happened?" he whispered to himself, letting his hand drop back down to his side.

"What's wrong with Holly?" asked one of the Slytherin girls in the area with a worried outlook.

"I have no clue," answered Kasper honestly.

"Do you think it was Malfoy?" asked Blaise.

Kasper, Blaise, and the others spotted Malfoy staring intently in their direction, as he had been doing during the previous scenario. The others ignored the rest of the conversation and continued on what they had been doing before Holly entered the room. Kasper and Blaise, however, had some things to take care of.

Kasper's gaze transitioned to a cold and hardened expression at the sight of Malfoy. The weight of his gaze was intimidating, even for Malfoy. The two boys never broke eye contact, slowly advancing closer to each other.

"Don't look at me," stated Malfoy, tossing a green apple in his hand carelessly.

"Who else could it have been?" Kasper cocked an eyebrow at the blonde boy, convinced that Holly's current state was a result of Malfoy's doings.

"Don't know," remarked Malfoy.

"If you are the reason, then I swear to Merlin-"

"I've done nothing," Malfoy cut him off then trailed away without another word.

Kasper sighed deeply, crashing onto the couch. He then began to wonder what Malfoy could have done. Kasper had no room to believe that none of this was his fault.

"Holly's dorm room is the third one on the right if you want to go check on her," suggested Blaise.

"Do you think I should?"

"You saw her, didn't you? She looked traumatized."

"You're right. I'll do my best."

(Holly's POV)

A few minutes later after trudging up to my dorm, I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called out, not in the mood for company.

"It's your cousin," answered Kasper from the other side.

I cautiously opened the door and let him in. My tears had subsided, and instead I was left with a numbing feeling. I presumed that Harry's words had affected me in a drastic way. I wanted to argue with myself that I was being dramatic, yet every time I replayed Harry's exact quotation in my mind, it just hurt me all over again.

"Can you talk to me?" he asked, sitting next to me on my bed.

"It's nothing. I deserved it," I mentioned, resembling an emotionless state.

"I still need you to tell me what happened."

"And if I don't?"

I shut my eyes and put my head down, not intending to be snappy. I was just tired. Tired of overworking myself. Tired of letting people taking advantage of me. Tired of people overall.

Kasper bit the inside of his mouth, deciding his next answer.

"Well, I cannot force you. Only if you are comfortable."

I remained silent, feeling uneasy. Kasper must have sensed this, for he began to mention something else.

"Do you remember the moments when I could hardly hold my head up? The times when you pleaded with me to open up to you? It's what saved me. Let me save you."

I still gave no response. I knew Kasper did not quite understand that there was no way he could "save" me and Harry's relationship just on his own. In fact, he did not know it needed saving at all. I have not told anyone about the issue I was dealing with concerning Harry. I thought me and Harry could have worked things out on our own, except perhaps he had other plans.

"If this was Malfoy's doing-"

"No." I cut him off, dropping any accusations against Malfoy. "No, it was Harry."

Kasper's mouth hung slightly open as he portrayed to be in shock. He turned to look at me, double checking that I was being serious.

He rose from the bed.

"Harry? Oh no... did you guys break up?"

"No, but he did yell at me."

I stood up with him, but still refused eye contact.

I then had no other choice but to explain everything that has happened, starting all the way from the moment we met each other on the train a month ago. Harry had paid very little attention to me, and it never stopped there. He never found the time to hang out with me during the whole month of September. He probably would have rather spent the day with his friends than with me when we were on our date. I no longer see a glint of happiness in his eyes when he sees me. All I see now is just boredom and uninterest in his gaze. I was putting in so much effort into something he was hardly interested in, that being our relationship. It pained me to admit everything out loud for the first time. My heart ached, for I do not believe I will ever stop loving him. We have been together for ten months. This could not be happening.

"And tell me again why you deserved that?" inquired Kasper.

"I was being persistent and annoying. I should have left him alone."

Kasper glared at me as if I were being ridiculous.

"Okay, first of all, just because he had a little argument with Ron, doesn't mean he had any right to take it out on you. He overreacted and needed to learn to control his temper. Also, the fact he did not want to communicate with you says something."

I trusted Kasper's advice. I appreciated how he was recognizing my struggles and listening to me. Kasper was right. Harry has been acting so strange and has been behaving like an immature child. His actions have definitely spoken louder than his words, yet now his words resemble his actions.

He had to be hiding something.

"Well, what should I do?"

"I say break up with him."

I knew that was coming.

"I can't. I love him too much. Maybe he will change soon. Maybe he will come and apologize later," I protested.

"Holly, if you don't do it, then he is going to break up with you very soon."

"Don't say that!"

Kasper sighed, most likely frustrated with me trying to defend all of Harry's inconsiderate actions.

I happened to be tired of doing that as well.

"Then take a break from each other. That's all I can say."

"For how long?" I considered.

"As long as it takes."

I nodded my head, finally meeting Kasper's soft gaze. He then gently wrapped both arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I let myself be held and buried my face in his chest.

Author's Note: Hello. I would just like to quickly take a moment to appreciate Kasper. We love a guy who can make a girl aware, especially girls with crappy boyfriends.

Kasper>>>>>>>>>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620K 19.6K 147
To debate between hatred, friendship, love - with a foe, a friend, or a lover.
283K 10.6K 37
Draco was annoyed. He had to go back to Hogwarts for another year with Potter. Upon seeing him however, Draco was in denial. Did he just call Potter...
5.2K 297 16
Drarry Discontinued Harry learns a new spell which leads to the discovery of Draco's soft side. "I was pinned to the ground by my arch nemesis, Malf...
718K 27.6K 31
Draco "Never Back Down" Malfoy has been given the ultimate dare. The dare? To make Harry Potter fall in love with him. au: muggle