The Way Things Happen

נכתב על ידי XxxOctoberxxX123

עוד

The Way Things Happen
Chapter 3 OutCast
Chapter 4 Sweetness
Chapter 5 Changes
Chapter 6 Friends
Chapter 7 Ryan and Mason
Chapter 8 Alive
Chapter 9 Don't Talk to Strangers
Chapter 10 Photo Studio
Chapter 11 Plans
Chapter 12 Into the wild
Chapter 13 Reunion
Chapter 14 Partners
Chapter 15 He could Like Me
Chapter 16 Eye Staring contest
Chapter 17 Part one Frankie's Fun Park
Chapter 17 Part Two Frankie's Fun Park
Chapter 18 Answers
chapter 19 Innocent
Chapter 20 Slutty is What We Aim For
Chapter 21 I'm A Diva!
Chapter 22 4am
Chapter 23 The Fletchers
Chapter 24 Rebel Teenaged Girl
Chapter 25 ~ Bloodline Powers
Chapter 26~ Cold Hands, Warm Heart
Chapter 27~ The Winter Dance

Chapter 2 A New Family

746 25 9
נכתב על ידי XxxOctoberxxX123

Chapter 2

Mrs. Klein had decided that I had talked enough for one day and that she would be back tomorrow.

Oh Joy!

I don’t like talking to her. Its not like anything I say is going to change my fate. This world had trapped me in corner, nowhere to go. If I told them what they wanted to hear I would stay here for the rest of my life. But if I told them the truth they would think that I was crazy and lock me away in a psych ward. I know that I’m not crazy. I know what did and didn’t happen.

The guard starts to walk me down the hall of cells. Everyone went silent as I passed their cell. They were afraid of me because of what happen, what they thought I was. They were all in here because they all have done bad things, but none as bad as what I was accused of.

Mrs. Klein had asked me how and why did this all happen. Both of those question are way to easy to answer but I couldn’t dare say it. Not to her or anyone for that matter.

That it all happen because I loved him.

“Hey, Kat.” A small voice sang from inside the cell as the guard opened it and ushered me inside.

“Hey.” I said as I took a seat on the floor.

“So… Who did they have you talking to this time?Did you even say anything to them? What did you say? What did they said to you? Did they tell you whats going on with…”

“Melanie!” I throw my hands up in the air. If I didn’t stop her, she would have just asking questions. Melanie was a hyper one. She was 5’4 with long light brown hair and greenish brown eyes. She is only fifteen years old. She is here because she got in a fight and the police came to break it up they found drugs on her. They weren’t hers and everyone knew that, but she refused to tell whose they really were. Now she has to spend two years of her life in this jail.

“Sorry, you know how I get. So what happen?” She asked with a bright smile.

“Well she asked the same thing.” I looked at Melanie to stop her from asking another question. “Her name is Faelin Klein. I talked to her. She said she wants to help me get out of this.” I sighed. There was no way I could ever get out of this.

“Wow, really?!What is she, like superman or something? You are blamed for murdering all those people, everything points to you. Saying you did it and no one else. And she is saying she can help you?” Melanie laughs as if its all a big joke. “You got a crazy person on your hands. I mean, come on Kat. I’ve gotten to know you and I don’t think you did it but sometimes I’m not so sure. Sometimes, sometimes you can just snap.”

“I’m not a murder!” I stand up and take a step closer to her. “I’m not a monster! And I didn’t do it; I couldn’t do it! I hated them but I couldn’t ever kill them!” My body was shaking and hot tears were rolling down my face. My voice had gone from yelling to a soft hoarse whisper. “I didn’t do it.”

*****************

I laid in bed a few hours awake until a guardcame to get me. As we walk down the hall to the interrogation room I wonder if the same Faelin lady would come back. Other people had told me that they would come back and never did. I don’t think that she is any different.

The guard opened the door and I was expect the room to be empty but there sat Mrs. Klein. Waiting and ready for me to talk to her. She looked up as I walked in the room she flashed me a big smile.

“Okay Katsumi. I’m ready when you are.” She said happily like we gonna go get cupcakes or something.

“Why are here?”

“What do you mean? I told you I was coming back toady.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, I know what you said, but why did you come back? All the other said they would, too and never did.”

“Well I’m not like all the others.” She grinned at me. “Now start where you last left off.”

I just stared at her. Melanie was right this lady is crazy. She started to growing impatient, tapping her fingers against the table. I took a deep breath and continued my story.

-----------A New Family----------

After my mom left me I looked for her. Thinking that maybe she would change her mind. I had no luck. After two months of looking I gave up. For the longest time I just wandered around like a lost puppy. I didn’t know where to go. Sometimes people were nice enough to let me spend the night at their house, one family let me stay for a week. I lived like that for over a year until I met Niyomi Fujimaki.

Niyomi was beautiful. She was tall and had a body that was made from doing hard work but it wasn’t at all manly. She had long curly black hair and small brown eyes. Her voice was soft and sweet like that of an angel, unless she was yelling at someone then it would be as tough as a man’s.

“Hey kid, wanna give me a hand!” A woman shouts at me. She was carrying to many boxes for her to hold and they were starting to fall over.

“Uh…yeah sure.” I ran over and take the top two boxes. “Um where do you want ‘em?”

“You mind walking them down the street with me? Its not that far and I’ll repay you with lunch.”

“Okay.” I wasn’t going to say no to food, besides I hadn’t eaten any thing since yesterday morning. We made it down the street in no time. The boxes weren’t at all heavy. Just big making them hard to carry.

“Here you are Mrs.Shiba, everything you asked for.” She said giving the old woman a big warm smile.

“Thank you, Niyomi. You’re always such a help.” The old woman said as Niyomi put the boxes in the house. “Oh, and who is this now?”

“Katsumi.” I nodded my head. “Nice to meet you ma’am.”

“What manners you have.” The old woman patted me on the head.

"Yeah she does.” Niyomi said walking back outside. “I think that’s what makes her such a good employee. Well I’ll see you later Mrs.Shiba.”

“Goodbye you two.” The old woman waved.

We started to walk back up the street. I wonder when she was going to repay me so I could go on my way. We kept walking until she was leading me on a dirt path that had a little house at the end.

“What is this?” I asked. We were still in the city but somehow surround by trees.

“My house. If you’re talking about the trees, which I’m pretty sure you are because everyone always does. My great, great, great, great grandfather planted them. He loved trees. And this land has been part of my family for like…ever. I love them too.” She stopped and just looked around.

“Oh.” I didn’t really know what to say to that.

“Yup!” She clapped her hands together. “I wonder what my brother is doing. You’re hungry, right? I’m going to go cook.”

I walked inside with her. The house was a cozy little home. Niyomi had told me to make myself at home, but I wasn’t totally sure how to do that. So I helped her cook in the kitchen. The kitchen was just as cozy as the rest of the house. The warm colored wood floors, counters, and cabinets. The was kinda like the seven little men’s house from Snow White, just more modern.

“Niyomi! I back from school!” A boy’s voice roared through the house.

“Renji! Come here in the kitchen.” She yelled back as I sit at the kitchen table.

“Yomi, what you cook?” The boy came in sniffing the air.

“Food. And stop calling me ‘Yomi’ your not a baby anymore. Anyway I wanted you to meet my new friend.” Niyomi said pointing at me.

The boy she had called Renji turned his head to look at me. He had to be a few years older than me, maybe 12 or 13. Has long dark brown hair that matched his eyes. He wasn’t as tall as his sister but almost. He was just as good looking as his sister.

“Is she mute?” He asked his Niyomi because I was just staring at him.

“I’m not. I just, I…” I said feeling embarrassed.

“Oh, well I’m RenjiFujimaki, Niyomi’s younger brother.” He smiled and held out his hand to me.

“I’m Katsumi. It nice to meet you.” I said as I took his hand.

“So Kat, is okay if I call you Kat? Where do you live?” Niyomi asked as she made plates of food for the three of us.

“Oh, I …ah, I don’t live anywhere.” I said looking at the ground. I hated when people asked me that. They would want me to tell them how come and where were my parents. I didn’t want to talk about it. The pain was still too fresh.

“Well then Kat, you’re just going to have to live with us.” She peeked over her cup of tea to see the shock on my face. She laughed a little. “We have a room I think you might like, but if your going to have to go to school and do chores around the house. Just like Renji.”

“I couldn’t, besides you don’t even know me.” I shook my head.

“You can and you will. And I do know you, you’re Katsumi. In fact Iknow you so well that I have givin’ you a nickname.” Niyomi gave me the biggest somewhat evil looking smile.

I started to shake my head no when Renji put his hand on my shoulder.

“If I were you I would quit while I was ahead. Trust me, its impossible to win a fight against Niyomi. She always gets her way.” Renji said with a defeated look on his face.

“That’s right!” She said giving us an evil look again. “Renji take Kat to her new room.”

“Which one?” He asked annoyed. I guess she thought he could read her mind.

She rolled her eyes. “The one on the second floor at the end of the hall. I think she will like that one.”

This house was bigger than it looks. There were so many rooms. Many of them had the door close, so I couldn’t tell what they were. Renji and I didn’t say anything as walk to the room. I just looked down at the ground as I followed behind him. I didn’t even notice that we had made it to the room until I had ran into him because he had stopped walking.

“Sorry.” I whispered.

He just laughed a little and opened the door. I gasped at how beautiful the room was. The walls were painted pink and purple and trimmed in green. The carpet was soft and white. There was a white desk with hand painted flowers. The bed. If Renji wasn’t there I think I would have cried. They were letting me have this all to myself. I ran my hand across the soft light pink comforter and stopped when I got to the top off the bed. I looked over my shoulder to Renji.

“Go ahead. I’ll tell her that you’re taking a nap.” He seemed to have read my mine. I took off my shoes and slipped under the covers. He closed the behind him.

***********

“Kat get up, you’re gonna be late for school!” Niyomi yelled from downstairs.

“I’m already up! I’ll be down in a minute!” I yelled back.

Its been two years since I moved in with them. I started school; I was ahead of most people my age because I spent most of my life reading anything and everything I could get a hand on. Renji, I admit that I had the biggest crush on him, has become like and annoying older brother and me a bratty younger sister. Niyomi’s long time boyfriend married her; we all took his last name. I was now Katsumi Ichigawa and I belonged to a family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a slideshow up of all the characters off to the side. :D Thanks for reading.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

489 40 14
Everything was fine, then too and now also. 6 years ago they were friends but now one hate other. A misunderstanding ruined everything 6 years ago an...
315 7 8
Izuku's got his life together-a great at home job, game nights with awesome friends, a daily routine that could set a clock. But there's a "plus one"...
111K 3.6K 18
𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝒹.... Y/N wishes to escape the clutches of her...