A Tail of Adventure

By Marichatislive

I turned to Marinette as she was on the ledge of the top of the boat. "No, Mari! Don't do it!" She looked bac... More

A/N - Not A Story Upload
Chapter 1 - Clumsiness
Chapter 2 - Fish-Lady?
Chapter 3 - Powers?!
Chapter 4 - The Canal
Chapter 5 - Close Call
Chapter 6 - Almost an Akuma
Chapter 7 - Lucky Charm
Chapter 8 - Friendly Advice
Chapter 9 - Pastry Wednesday
Chapter 10 - Chloe is a Jerk
Chapter 11 - Cod you please stop?
Chapter 12 - Oops...
Chapter 13 - Gone
Chapter 14 - Alone
Chapter 15 - F-Freezing
Chapter 17 - The Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 16 - It's Exactly What it Looks Like

38 2 0
By Marichatislive

Adrien's POV

"IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!"

I woke up to the sound of Marinette yelling at someone, but I decided to stay still after assessing the conversation in a split second.

"Okay, what does it look like?"

"Please Nino, this didn't mean to happen, trust me."

I suddenly recalled what happened a few hours prior and felt myself heat up at the thoughts.

"It's okay. You're secret is safe with me. I was confused when the door was locked, but when I turned my key to get in, it all made sense. Also you talk in your sleep."

"Thanks, I appreciate you keeping this on the down low, especially because of Aly-Wait, what did I say in my sleep?"

'Wait, Marinette sleep talks? I would've never guessed'

"Oh you know, the usual things. Adrien's name or some random cat pun for reasons unknown. Also you said 'Please come back, I can't do this without you.' What's that all about?"

When I heard that, I got a strange sense of deja-vu, but I couldn't determine from what.

"I-oh, Um- it's nothing don't worry about it. I have strange dreams, heh."

"You should probably be more clear to Adrien about your feelings, he thinks you hate him."

I groaned silently in my head. 'Nino can't keep a secret, can he?'

"Wait, why would he think that?"

"Avoiding him, stuttering around him, running away if you can, etc."

"But you know that's just because I can't face him all the time, I get flustered too easily."

'Why would she get flustered? I really don't mean any harm to her.'

"I know, but he doesn't. It's pretty clear his feeling towards you, but you have to be clear as well."

"I can't just tell him I love him!"

I stifled back a cough in surprise to what I heard. It suddenly got dead silent for a minute before I heard laughter from Nino.

"You gotta be quiet, don't forget the predicament you're in."

"I know, okay? You're making things complicated, leave."

"But it's my room?"

"Go bug Alya in her dorm, I won't mind. Just make sure to tell her that I'm fine if she asks and speak NOTHING of what happened here."

'He'd better not say anything or I might just cataclysm his mouth shut'

"Okay fine, you win. But remember, you gotta face this sooner or later."

I heard him get up and a few seconds later, the clicking of a door shut and locked. I didn't dare open my eyes, but I heard Marinette sigh and then felt her hand against the side of my face. She gently tucked my hair behind my ear and rested her hand against the side of my face. I felt butterflies in my stomach, and did my best to look asleep.

"I really wish I could tell you, I really do. I just can't bring myself to do it yet, I need help."

I felt her lie back down beside me, and move her hand off my face. I felt slightly disappointed, but then she grasped my hand and intertwined her fingers with mine. Maybe in the moment I couldn't admit it to myself, but there was one think I knew. 'I will always care about you Marinette.'

45-ish minutes-ish later

Marinette was still awake beside me, occasionally squeezing my hand, or leaning against me while I pretended to be asleep. I decided enough time had passed and that it would be safe for me to pretend to wake up. I gently began shifting myself around and slowly opened my eyes to a pair of bluebell ones.

"Finally awake sleepy head. Still cold?"

"Mmm, not any more, thanks."

"I can't tell if the floor is still wet, would you check for me?"

I nod and reluctantly sit up, remembering that Marinette was still holding my hand with the light tug I felt. I looked over at her while lifting our hands into the air and smiled smugly with one eyebrow raised. She suddenly got really flustered and yanked her hand away, which earned a chuckle out of me. I looked over the edge and noticed there were a lot of towels, but the floor was no longer flooded.

"I think you're good, it seems that Nino must've come in and cleaned while we were asleep."

"O-oh yeah, that's-that's probably what happened."

I look at the clock and check the time, 5:43.

"There's still some activity time left, do you wanna go find Alya and Nino to play some board games?"

"Sure, just check the door before we leave so no one catches us leaving a dorm together."

"Your wish is my command."

That earned me a slap, while I was laughing at her pouting face. 'Things are going to get interesting...'

Time skip to playing games in Alya's and Marinette's dorm

Marinette's POV

"UNO!"

"Not fair! You can't just +4 me?!"

"Too late."

Alya had just gotten down to one card while dooming Adrien to adding more cards to his hand. There hasn't been any more incidents today so staying inside was a good idea. Well, maybe not depending on if Adrien keeps getting bullied because he doesn't know the rules of the game.

"Don't worry Adrien I have a plan. Nino, do you have a +4?"

"Yeah, let's end this tyranny!"

"Hey you two! Teaming isn't allowed!"

"tOo LaTe."

We end up getting Alya up to 9 cards, successfully prolonging the game for most likey another hour based on our combined chaos. A faint buzz can suddenly be heard and Adrien pulls out his phone.

"Sorry guys, I gotta take this really fast."

"No problem dude, me and the girls can wait."

He stands up and exits the room, and Nino took this as an opportunity to share information that wasn't his.

"Marinette, you should probably tell Alya where you were all afternoon."

"NINO!"

"Gurl, I was looking all OVER for you, I thought something happened and you needed space, but it seems like more than that."

I groaned while face palming into both my hands, mumbling out a response. "I may have slept with Adrien..."

"You're only 18!?! You're not even married yet why would you-"

"NOT LIKE THAT! It was completely innocent, it just happened okay?"

Nino held back laughter while Alya glared at me, but before she could say anything Adrien entered the room. Alya turned around, most likely to confront him, but she hesitated when she saw his gloomy mood.

"Hey, what is it? You okay?"

Adrien looked down and shook his head. "My father is concerned about the upcoming storm and wants me to move over to his ship nearby."

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! Nino, Marinette, and I will all storm over there to at least keep you company, you shouldn't be lonely on a school trip, right guys?"

"I gotchu bro, we have each others back."

"And I'm not staying behind either."

Adrien face seemed to convey concern and worry for us confronting his father. "You don't have to, I completely understand if-"

"No. We're your friends, we got your back. Besides, we'd all be lonely without you and I'd have no one to beat for UNO."

That got a smile out of the blonde. "Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." He looked down at his phone, then back up. "We have to be leaving in the next half hour then, that's how long he gave me to pack my things."

"Sounds like a plan then! Me and Marinette will clean up our place while you go on with Nino. Cya soon!"

30 minutes later

Adrien's POV

"Go ahead and meet up with the girls Nino, I gotta grab a few more things."

"Okay dude, don't be too slow!"

As soon as the door closed behind him, Plagg flew out with a piece of cheese in hand.

"Adrien, you've got it bad! I'm glad my only love is Camembert, it'll never betray me."

I rolled my eyes. "Wow, thanks for the life advice. I don't know what I'd do without it..."

"Obviously. That's why you need me around to guide you. Are you still angry at ladybug, or has something changed since then?"

I look down, remembering the voice message she sent. It hurt knowing how sad she sounded, but she never showed up since then so there's been no contact since then.

"Plagg, what if she's still mad? Do you think she won't show up to the next akuma attack? What should I do then? How do I fix everything?"

"Woah, slow down there kid, that's not happening. Even if she really hates your guts as much as you think, she wouldn't let a grudge get in the way of people's safety."

I look out the window at the approaching storm, feeling the waves already get choppier. "Let's hope so."

Marinette's POV

"That's everything that happened, I swear."

"Omg gurl, you're in deep and there's no way out."

"Don't remind me..."

"Oh hey, Nino's here."

I look up to see Nino approaching the meet up spot, but I don't see Adrien anywhere in sight. Nino seems to notice my confusion and clears the air.

"Oh Adrien had to grab a few more things he forgot, he'll be right out."

"Good, cause there's no point in standing up to his father without him here. I gave a whole speech and everything!"

"Alya chill, he doesn't cancel on plans all the time like me, it'll be fine." Before she can retort back, I catch sight of Adrien running towards us and use that as an excuse to shut Alya's rants up.

"Oh hey there! We were beginning to think you forgot about us."

"I'm so sorry, I'm not usually late, I didn't-"

Nino put a hand on Adrien's shoulder. "She was joking, it's okay dude."

"And I'm not. What is the meaning of this Adrien? You were supposed to show up to change boats, not have a party."

We all turn around to face Mr. Agreste staring us down, but Alya is determined and isn't backing down.

"Well sir, we came to accompany Adrien so he is not alone. There is absolutely no point for you letting him go on this trip if you just take him half way through and make him sit in a boat doing nothing for the next few days. I would personally say that's a bad choice on your part, showing that you did not plan ahead for something like this."

He stood there for a moment, his face impossibly hard to read, as he formulated a response.

"Fine. Adrien, your friends may accompany you as you wish. But there is to be no horseplay or chaos unless you wish for them to be kicked off."

"Yes, thank you father."

"I trust you can show your friends where they are allowed to go and where is forbidden, I have some business matters to attend to. Your friends better keep themselves in check during their stay."

He walked back into his ship, most likely to some private room to sulk in a corner. 'Hopefully, this doesn't go horribly wrong...'

No way? Two updates same day? Call it a Christmas miracle if you would cause I didn't think I'd do that. Anyway, don't die and enjoy the holidays!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 2.2K 27
❝Isn't it sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say, I'm used to it.❞ Does changing targets really work in the case of love for Marinette a...
240K 5.8K 30
"What is Marinette doing?" Adrien said. This was the fifth time she rejected his invitation to hangout and she was avoiding him at school. There was...
9.8K 223 54
Marrinette looked at her earrings... She never felt like she was ladybug... all of thoes people the hero had saved and villians shed stopped... that...
39.4K 1.1K 56
in which marinette and chat noir spend all their free time together and realize they are in love. love, however, kinda sucks at times. they realize t...