Burnin' Love (1)

By Profiler2610

Nicole Severide grew up with her older brother Kelly as one of the only people she could trust. Then she star... More

Cast
Graphics
Beginning
Barbecue
Crash
Halloween
Threats
It's Over
Thanksgiving
DCFS
Vargas
Missing Vials
Recovery
Kelly
Eric Whaley
Not Them
Sticked
Academy Dinner
Ruined
Shooting
Tara Tanked
Justice?
Tara's File
Molly's Opening
Prison
Maternity Leave
Darden Boys
Baby Girl Casey
First Shift Back
Awkward
Debate and Missing
Derailed
Superhero
Sister
Closing House?
Recruits
Inheritance
Power Outage
Katie
Jones
Vasectomy
Stalker
Girl's Trip
Understand
Explosion
Test
Wedding
After
Honeymoon Phase

Goodbye

3K 73 11
By Profiler2610

♣️Season 1, Episode 13♣️ 

Kelly and Nicole sit at a coffee shop, "So, I don't know if Matt's told you-"

"You're moving to Madrid? Yeah, he told me the night you told him," Nicole nods, "Same day I told you I needed you here."

"Nic, you know I will always be he-" Kelly goes to try and make it right.

"No, Kel, you have to do what's best for you. I know you won't cut me out of your life and if you do, I will fly to Madrid so fast and beat you that you getting surgery was for nothing," Nicole threatens, smiling.

He gives her a smile, "Trust me, I am not stupid enough to cut you out of my life. No way."

Nicole sighs, sadly, "So, this Renee...you serious about her?"

Kelly shrugs, playing with the cup in his hand, "As serious as I can be. She's fun, hot, nice. I think it could go places and Madrid is a great place to see."

"You know if things don't work out in Madrid, you are always welcome back with 51 and to live with Matt and I. We want you home," Nicole is honest with her brother.

He pats her hand, "I know. I'll keep that in mind but right now, you have to get to shift."

Nicole nods, standing to hug her brother and kiss his cheek, "You better not leave before saying goodbye and telling everyone else. They'll be heartbroken if the great Kelly Severide doesn't say goodbye to them."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole, Shay and Gabby huddle near the back of the ambo as the hardware store bursts out into worse flames. They prep the stretcher as Matt and Herrmann bring out a man, "No pulse."

"Not breathing."

They load him quickly into the ambulance and manage to leave quickly but still end up losing him.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Getting back to the firehouse, they see some of Truck staring up at the door, "What's up?"

Otis tells them, "Door's jammed."

Herrmann, who's watching Matt stand on top of Truck, says, "I told Chief we needed to grease this puppy before the weather turned."

"What, he ignored you?" Otis asks.

"No, he told me to do it but I forgot. Been preoccupied," Herrmann says, causing Nicole to give him a side hug with her head resting on his shoulder.

"Weren't you and Cindy using protection?" Mouch questions.

He gives him some attitude, "We have four kids, Mouch, I was counting on my sperm being to tired to make the swim."

Nicole looks to him, "Speaking of pregnant Cindy. Did she send me baby books as a means to say that I've been chosen to help you two with this pregnancy or that she's popping out baby number five and I need to catch up?"

Herrmann shrugs, "I think a little bit of both."

She nods, "Well, you tell her I'll be more than happy to help with this pregnancy but if she wants me to pop out a baby, he-" She points up at Matt, "Needs to put a ring on it."

Gabby adds, "Engagement or marriage, she ain't picky."

Nicole points at Gabby as if to say she's right.

"I'm working on it," Matt smiles down at her.

"Well, I'm gonna head inside and check on the levels of the hot chocolate," Shay says, looking to Gabby and Nicole.

"And we're gonna provide back up," Gabby grabs Nicole's arm and drags her behind Shay.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Mills brings a puppy into the common room, Nicole immediately ignoring everyone else and heading straight for the puppy and grabbing him, "Well hello, little puppy. Oh, aren't you the cutest thing?"

Matt shakes his head, "Told you to keep it away from Nic. Sorry, Mouch, looks like the pup stays."

Mouch argues, "Just because Little Severide wants to keep the puppy doesn't mean we are. Boden still has to approve."

Nicole sits on the couch with the puppy in her lap while Gabby and Shay gather around behind her and Mills sits on the couch next to her. They play with the puppy until Gabby spots Boden, "Oh, dad, can we keep it? Huh? Can we? Can we? Can we?"

"Keep what?"

"The dog?" Shay asks.

Boden turns to Nicole, who holds the puppy's face up close to her pouting one, "Pwease."

"The kids dad was gonna drown it if we didn't take him-" Mills explains.

"He can't stay," Boden tells them.

"Aw, but dadddd," Nicole whines.

He holds a finger up at her, "No, the last time you asked to keep a dog, you were ten. Running through these halls, gathering support for a firehouse dog and then what happened?"

Nicole gets a smirk on her face, "I came every shift to take care of him until one shift he was just gone. So, that's not on me."

Boden realizes she's right and goes a different route, "If you love the thing so much, why don't you take it home with you?"

She turns to Matt and pouts, "Can we? Please, Matt!"

"We still are doing renovations to the house and that's no place for a dog. Ask again when everything's done and the answer will be yes," Matt reminds her, chuckling as she pouts more.

"I got a call at 67 over at Morningside, they need relief for the next two shifts," Boden addresses the group.

"I'll do it," Otis volunteers.

Cruz looks at him like he's insane, "What? That's the slowest house in the city."

"I'll do it," Otis says.

Kelly walks through the door, "Oh, what the hell, you got a medical furlough, Severide," Hadley busts Kelly's balls, "Which means you are medically required to be out drinking."

Nicole just stares down at the puppy as she realizes what Kelly's here to do, "Yeah, well, this may be more than just a furlough. I'm moving to Spain with Renee."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Getting a call, they roll out. Arriving on scene, Nicole leads the other two women towards the doors where a woman opens them, crying, "My baby. My baby's been shot."

They pick up the pace, climbing up the stairs to find a man on the ground. As soon as all four women are in the apartment, the door slams shut a man points a gun at the other woman, "My baby."

"You called the cops?" He yells at her as the paramedics keep their hands up.

"You've been shot, baby. Put down that gu-" She reaches for the gun but the man uses it to slam her into the wall, knocking her out.

"Whoa, take it easy," Shay tells him.

He points the gun as them, "Shut up, don't speak to me. I'm not going back to jail."

Nicole stands up, moving so she's blocking Gabby, who's still crouched down, "We aren't the cops."

Pointing at the man on the ground, he tells them, "This was self defense."

Shay moves forward, nodding, "Of course it was."

"You stay where you are."

"You gonna shoot me for helping your mom?" Shay asks.

There's a banging on the door and then Matt's voice, "Fire Department."

The banging agitates the man who turns, "Tell them to stop banging or I'm gonna blow a hole right through that door."

With his back turned, Shay tases him in the back of the leg.

"Nicole! Dawson! Shay!" Matt calls out.

"You can't carry a taser," Gabby whispers to her.

Nicole looks at baby, moving to open the door, "Yeah, tell that to baby."

Truck enters the apartment, looking at the scene and then the girls, looking for an explanation which Nicole gives them, "Baby here, cold-clocked his mom and then tripped and knocked his head into the wall. It was bizarre."

They look down at the man, "Baby?"

After treating each person, they move one of them out on the chair as Shay asks, "Where in the Code of Conduct does it say you can't carry a taser?"

"Page one," Nicole sasses.

"I should totally read that someday," Shay jokes.

Nicole and Gabby chuckle, shaking their heads.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

After shift, Matt wraps his arm around Nicole's shoulders, "Wanna go on a breakfast date?"

She smiles, nodding, "Yeah, I do."

He opens the passenger door for her, giving her a kiss through the open window before climbing into the driver's seat.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At one of their favorite diners, Nicole and Matt enjoy breakfast, "Hey, I don't mean to try and rush you with all the marriage and baby talk earlier. I don't want you to feel pressured-"

"Hey," Matt grabs her hand, "I've been thinking of marriage and babies and our whole future for a lot longer than this. You joking and pushing like this lets me know that you are just as serious about as I am."

"Good," Nicole lets out a relieved sigh, "I was reading the baby and pregnancy books Cindy gave to me and wow is there a lot of information."

"I'm gonna speak up for my mom at the hearing today," Matt tells her.

Nicole nods, taking a sip of her apple juice, "How does Christie feel?"

Matt tilts his head to the side in a shrug as he sips his coffee, "Like I'm a traitor. She's spoken against my mom's release every year. Which is all the board needs to hear to deny parol."

"It's a tough one."

"Yeah. C-can you come with me this year? I know I try and keep you away from the crazy part of the Casey's but-"

Nicole interrupts him, "Yes. I've been waiting for you to ask me to come for years. I didn't want to pressure you. This was already a crapload of emotions and stress."

Matt smiles at her, "Thank you. I need you here this year."

She gives him a small smile, "I'll be right by your side today."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At the hearing, Nicole wears a nicer outfit, sitting next to Matt, "Is there anyone present who would like to speak either on behalf of or in opposition to Nancy Analynn Casey's request for parol."

Matt takes a breath before raising his hand and standing, "Yes. My name is Matthew Casey. I'm Nancy's son, I'd like to speak, please."

The center man gestures to the podium, in which Matt moves too after getting an encouraging smile from Nicole, "In four years, you've never spoken before, Mr. Casey. Why now? What's changed?"

"Well, uh, when I was seven, I stole a baseball mitt from a sporting good store. I got caught, the owner wanted to call the cops, teach me a lesson. But my mom came down there and, uh, got him to agree for me to work off the cost of the mitt by sweeping his floor. When my sister crashed the family car, my dad wanted to kick her out of the house, but my mom talked to him. Worked it out that Christie could work off the repairs by cleaning dad's office. Wh-what I'm trying to say is: my mom understood punishment but she also understood forgiveness. She did a horrible thing that she regrets terribly. And she's paid the price: 15 years of her life. But now it's time for forgiveness. From all of us. We lost both our father and our mother that day. So, uh, so what's changed? Well, I. have. I forgive her now."

"Okay, thank you, Mr. Casey," The man says,

Matt nods, "Thank you," Before taking his seat back next to Nicole, grabbing her hand.

"Would anyone else like to speak either on behalf or in opposition to Ms. Casey's parol?"

They look to Christie to see her shake her head, causing the lead man to look down to Nancy, "Alright then, Ms. Casey," Matt's mom stands, "We'll start with a simple question. Do you feel remorse for your crime?"

Nancy looks back to Christie, "Yes. Yes. Yes, I do. Everyday."

The siblings share teary eyed looks as Nicole rests her head on Matt's shoulder, trying to provide some comfort.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Boden exits the house of their latest fire caring Ernie, the boy from Thanksgiving, "Nicole," He sets him on the stretcher as the three paramedics start working, "Ernie. Ernie."

Shay does compressions but gives Nicole a look. Nicole looks to Boden and shakes her head, signifying that he's gone before rolling the stretcher into the rig.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

They arrive back at the firehouse, sitting in the common room in silence before the yaps of a puppy are heard. Mills looks very guilty.

"What is that?"

"I lied," Mills admits, "I-I couldn't find anyone to take her and I-I couldn't bring her to my place," He slides open the one of the doors to reveal the puppy, "Sorry guys."

Nicole grabs the puppy, cradling it like a baby while moving to sit next to Shay on the couch who immediately piles onto the puppy love. Boden walks in amd moves to the behind the couch.

"Do you want to say high to Chief?" Nicole asks the puppy, handing her up to Boden.

He takes the puppy, who likes his chin as Matt's phone rings, "Hello? Yeah," He taps Nicole's shoulder, "It's the parol board."

She gets off the couch, moving to the doorway, watching Matt lean against the wall before moving over to him as he hangs up, "And?"

"They granted her parol."

"Hey," Nicole smiles, hugging him, "Congratulations," She sees his look of concern, "What?"

"There is one condition. She has to move into a stable household. Meaning," Matt takes a deep breath, "With us."

"Oh," Nicole takes a moment to think, unsure of what to say before nodding, "Okay. Sure."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole arrives late to Kelly's surprise going away party and spots him thinking at the bar, "You know, it's not too late."

He sighs, "I-I don't know."

She takes a gulp of her beer, "I never thought I'd be saying this, but you should go talk to him. Ask his advice."

"Where do you think he is?"

"I'm not as close with him as you are, but he was always either at the firehouse or up camping. You know I'm the last person to say this. Go talk to dad. He'll help put things in perspective because there's one thing he understands and that's being done with CFD way before you want to."

Kelly takes another sip of his beer before nodding, "I'll see you in a bit."

Matt comes over to her, "Where'd Kelly go?"

She sighs, "Taking a step I never though I'd push him towards."

"You okay?" Matt asks, wrapping an arm around her waist, squeezing tight.

"Just trying to wrap my head around what I just did. However, I think Kelly will be staying in Chicago."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole stands next to Shay in the hospital, watching as Kelly gets wheeled away for surgery. Shay knocks on the glass, getting his attention as they wave to him.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

AN: So, Nicole may not have the best relationship with Benny, but she'll do anything to help Kelly.

Just for the record, Nicole and Gabby are close, but I'm trying to showcase Nicole and Shay's friendship while I can.

QoC: which do you like better: Truck or Squad?

Thanks for all of the votes and reads and comments!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Ashes By t x

Fanfiction

4.5K 103 32
Ashes| 'Can beauty come out of ashes?' [Book 1] chicago fire/kelly severide x oc season 1-4 ©️BUCKLEYSEVERIDE 2022
234K 3.8K 31
Lacey grew up in Hampton, Nebraska, where she met her husband, Tim. Tim was a farmer and after a terrible accident left Lacey a pregnant widow, she d...
106K 1.8K 44
Lily Jacobs is the new paramedic on ambulance 61 with Leslie Shay. On Jacobs first day she catches the eye of the lieutenant Kelly Severide. The only...
24.1K 622 23
Being a firefighter is a dangerous job. Everyone knows this, no more than the men and women who do the job. But for one 9-year-old girl in Chicago sh...