ABHIRA: THE RULE BREAKER'S GI...

By michinjanus

The Rule Breaker has it all-stunning good looks, fame, fortune, and screaming fans. The notorious lead singer... More

DESCRIPTION
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 2 UNKNOWN ADMIRATION
CHAPTER 3 OFF-LIMITS!!
CH04 THE LONELY BACK
CH05 HER THOUGHTS
CH06 THE FIRST HUG
CH07 HE WANTED HER
CH08 HER FIRST LOVE
CH09 KISS HER BACK
CH10 THE MOONLIGHT TALK
CH11 I GOT YOU...!!
CH12 HOW DID HE KNOW??
CH13 WAS IT A DATE?
CH14 HE WAS HERS...SHE WAS HIS
CH15 HER SAVIOUR...
CH16 WHAT DO YOU FEEL?
CH17 NEW MOVE FOR YOU...(18+)
CH18 THE "RUINED" DATE
CH19 THE FIRST ROMANCE (18+)
CH20 MY BEST FRIEND
CH22- MY HEART STOPPING BEAUTY (18+)
CH22- CRAZY CRUSH TO LOVER
CH23 HIS SACRIFICE
CH24 THE PHONE ROMANCE(18+)
CH25 SHE LEFT...
CH26 HER PAIN AND ANGER...
CH27 HIS GRIEF...
CH28 UNTIL MY LAST BREATH
CH29 ABHIRA...(18+)
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 01- THE CAMPAIGN

1K 80 4
By michinjanus

Six years later…

“You said you wanted to talk to us about something,” Abhimanyu’s father asked after they settled down at the dinner table.

Abhimanyu looked at his sister, Anisha, across the dining table and said, “I need to take a few months off.”

His father looked shocked. “A few months? For what?”

“I want to go on a music tour in Mrs Vani’s honor. The funds raised from the concerts will go to the Cancer Research Foundation.”

“It’s a good thought, but why do you need to do a tour? Can we not donate to the foundation?” Abhimanyu’s father maintained a calm tone.

Abhimanyu looked at his father. “Because I want to. It’s not just about money, it’s to bring awareness…”

“You are needed in the office.” Abhimanyu was in line to the be the CEO of a multi-billion-dollar hotel chain in India.

Abhimanyu looked at his sister. “Anu can handle it, and I will make myself available for the important meetings.”

“How can a music concert be more important to you, especially when the board is watching you so closely?”

“They can watch me on their TV screens as well when I am touring.” Abhimanyu stood up to leave.

“Abhimanyu, don’t you think you are being unreasonable?” His father raised his voice.

Abhimanyu stopped and turned to look at his father.

“I lost my mother to cancer, and I cannot let the woman who is like a mother to me lose her battle with it.”

His father dropped his napkin on the table and stood up. “I don’t get the link. If it is funds, write them a check.”

“It’s awareness, Dad. The tour is going to be about bringing awareness, so people can learn the early signs and save lives. Mom didn’t know the early signs of her illness. If she had the awareness, she would have probably been with us today.”

His father froze at the mention of their mother who passed away when Abhimanyu and his sister were young. Abhimanyu looked at him for a long moment and nodded before walking away.

“Abhi, wait!” He heard his sister call out to him as he made his way to the front of the house.

“Anu, are you going to try to convince me not to do the tour?”

His sister shook her head. “I want to help. You are right about the awareness. I will take care of Dad. You go ahead with the tour.”

Abhimanyu smiled, reaching out to kiss her on her forehead. “Thank you.”

“I will take care of the logistics of the stay and travel.” Anisha smiled.

Abhimanyu shook his head. “I want to fund the tour, and I will have other sponsors fund the cancer foundation.”

“Let me know if I can help in any other way.”

“Take care of Dad while I am away. I will start the transition next week because I want to get started on this tour as soon as possible.”

“Did you talk to Arya yet?” his sister asked about his best friend.

Abhimanyu smiled. “I gave the band members a heads-up. No final details yet. I’m waiting to get confirmation of a key singer. Once I get that, we will plan.”

“Who is this new singer?” his sister asked.

“Akshara Goenka, the devotional singer,” he said.

His sister chuckled. “Interesting combination.”

“Yes.”

“Why is that name so familiar?” Her sister thought out loud.

“She is Kartik Goenka’s daughter.” He maintained a cool tone.

“Seriously? After all that drama with the man during the competition, his daughter is part of the tour?” Anisha laughed.

“Yes. Vansh prefers his cousin as his partner for the classical side of the tour.”

“Sounds interesting. I’d love to attend the concerts.”

Abhimanyu shook his head. “You are working, so you get to watch the live streaming.”

“Right, I am working while my little brother is partying.” She smiled.

He chuckled. “That’s what you signed up for a few minutes back.”

“What was I thinking?” She rolled her eyes.

“Thank you. Go and finish your dinner. I need to meet a tour sponsor tonight.”

He barely took a few steps away from his sister when she called out again.

“What’s up, Anu?”

She walked over to where Abhimanyu stood and said, “I am planning to file for divorce. I don’t think I am going back.”

Abhimanyu nodded. “Whatever you see is best for you.”

“Dad is not going to like it if I file for a divorce.” His sister looked worried.

“Would you go back to your husband?” he asked bluntly.

“Never.”

“Then, it’s time to move on.”

“I want you to be there when I tell Dad about my divorce.” She sounded apprehensive.

“Sure.”

“I will see you at breakfast tomorrow,” his sister called out as he walked away.

* * * * *

“Akshara, Vansh is here to see you,” her mother called out to her from the lower floor of their family home.

“Coming,” Akshara called out, saving the document she was working on before walking away from her computer.

She left the large room that was a makeshift studio for her father, her uncles, and her to work on their music recordings. It was one of the many rooms the large house had for music practice.

“Vansh, did you go out without me, again? What kind of a best friend and cousin are you?” Akshara smiled as she approached her best friend.

“Yes, I did, and if my memory serves me right, I invited you, too, but you refused to go.”

Akshara scrunched her nose. “You know I am not the partying kind.”

Vansh rolled his eyes. “This was hardly a party. It was just drinks with a friend.”

“Your friend.” She winked.

“Fine. I want to talk to you for a few minutes.”

“Sure, what’s up,” Akshara said, sitting on the couch across from Vansh.

Vansh leaned closer like he didn’t want anyone in the household to hear what he was about to tell her.

“Have you heard of The Rule Breakers band?”

“Of course, I have.” It was one of the top bands in the country.

“So, you know who the leader of that band is, right?” Vansh was trying really hard not to say the name.

Akshara nodded. “I do.”

“You also know he is my best friend, right?” Vansh’s voice lowered by the minute.

Akshara rolled her eyes. “I know he is your best friend, learned music from your mom, and got kicked out of the Star India Music Competition for arguing with my father.”

Vansh hushed her. “Keep it down.”

“Vansh, what’s going on? Why are you asking me about all this?” She narrowed her eyes.

He took a deep breath. “The Rule Breakers are going on an all-India tour, and they want me to join them, and I want you to go as my lead singer.”

“Me?” She almost screamed.

“Yes, you.”

Akshara laughed. “Good joke.”

Vansh shook his head. “Akshara, hear me out. The tour is for cancer awareness, and the music that will be played at the concert will be a mash up of western and rock with classical. And it’s in my mother’s honor to raise cancer awareness.”

“Oh, but why me?”

“Abhimanyu and I talked about it. I told him you will be the best one for this tour.” The words from her best friend’s mouth caused a sizzle to pass through her. Was it the mention of the name she had not heard in years?

“Does that guy know what I do? I don’t sing anything other than classical, and I don’t want to sing in any other style.”

“You and I will do the classical. Nothing changes. The tour is for three months and will be throughout India.”

“So, I will need to be with the band, away from home and work for three months?”

Vansh shifted in his seat. “You were already going to take a break for your next album.”

“Yes, but that is to work on starting my music school. I have a lot of school paperwork and permits to take care of.”

Vansh thought for a moment. “Will you go on tour if I agree to volunteer to teach at the music school?”

“You are automatically volunteered, Vansh. Nice try.” She laughed.

Vansh chuckled, shaking his head. “Okay, think about this. Your school needs volunteers and sponsors so that you can teach music for free.”

Akshara nodded. “I have enough volunteers from my family, and I managed to convince some of my colleagues to volunteer a few hours a week.”

“Akshara, it will be so much fun. Week after week singing on stage for a live audience.”

“You make it sound so easy.”

“Yes, it will be that easy,” Vansh assured.

Akshara shook her head.

“You know how my family is going to react when I tell them I am going to be away from home, touring the country, and with the rule breaker.”

Vansh laughed. “They will be thrilled.”

“It’s a non-starter, Vansh. Can’t do it.”

Vansh shook his head. “Don’t say that. You will make a great addition to the team. Come on. And this is for my mom, your favourite auntie.”

She thought for a moment. “Only because this is about Vani auntie and a greater cause, I will think about it.”

“Good. Even if you don’t do it for me, do it for my mom.” Vansh tried to push her to decide on the spot.

She shook her head. “Vansh, my initial instinct is not to do the tour.

It’s just too messy for my dad and uncles. You know they all hate him, and I don’t like being in crowded places.”

“Yes, I know.” Vansh let out a sigh and added, “Please, think about it, Akshara.”

“I can’t even imagine having this conversation with my dad.” Akshara shook her head.

“You can do it if you put your heart to it,” he encouraged.

“I will think about it.”

Vansh laughed, standing up. “I’ll take that for now.”

After Vansh left, she sat rekindling memories of the conversation with Abhimanyu that night in the dark six years ago. She could not even think about seeing him again after what he said about her father, but a small voice told her it would be a wonderful experience to go on tour even if she couldn’t stand the leader of the pack.

Love
Janus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 3.3K 27
Fanfiction on ABHIRA... Adapted
183K 12.4K 48
Abhimanyu Birla. The Bad Boy of University. A highly intelligent student but is arrogant, proud, superior and has major ego issues. Gets into fights...
154K 9.3K 41
The Abhimanyu Birla, who took up the responsibility of being a father for his three siblings when their father was busy abusing their mother falls ir...
35.8K 2.2K 27
after 6 years... Akshara lives in Goa with her child abhir who is 5 year old... she does jobs and earns enough that she gives the best life to her ch...