Lose A Little To Save A Lot ↭...

By brandeeddcom

Bellamy/OC (Based on the TV series 'The 100') "Lose a little to save a lot," he said, "don't worry about one... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
bonus: six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
PLEASE READ- ZE BIG REVEALS

twenty one

11.6K 287 122
By brandeeddcom

"First watch is over, what are you still doing out here?"

Bellamy's voice boomed in my ears suddenly, and I jumped. When I turned to look at him, his eyebrow was cocked, amused that he scared me. When I glared at him, he smirked.

"No one has come to take my place," I answered, gripping harder onto the gun around my shoulder. I hadn't had time to make new arrows for my bow, so I'd been sticking to using a gun. "Thought I'd stay until they did."

"Monroe said she'd be coming in a few minutes," Bellamy answered me. He was standing right next to me, looking out into the abyss of the woods. We stayed in silence for a few more minutes, then Bellamy spoke up again. "It's been two days, Zen. Think the bomb scared them off?"

"I highly doubt that," I answered, looking up at him. The sunlight that managed to peak through the trees illuminated on his freckles, which were now blood-free. "They're probably healing everyone they can; trying to rebuild their army. It pisses me off that they have the upper hand to do that. If we take them by surprise-"

"We don't know how many there are," Bellamy said abruptly, cutting me off. "We don't know where they are, what other weapons they use. The second we try to initiate the first move, we're dead."

"We're dead anyway," I replied bluntly. "Why not go down putting up a fight?"

"Because it'd be stupid to waste the time we have to build more bullets and prepare ourselves by going into the fight early with less resources," he answered back harshly. "We need to take the extra time we made for ourselves. That was the whole point of the bomb plan that you enforced."

"Yeah, well, now I'm getting antsy and just wish that I could die sooner, instead of sitting in anxiousness and jumping whenever someone comes up to me. I thought I was going to die the second after I told you to slow the grounders down. I never thought I'd be alive to witness the wait."

Bellamy looked down at me, his eyes wide with worry and pain. I had basically just told him my suicide note; that I wanted to give up. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He looked down at the ground, but this time, he wasn't smiling; and I didn't like it.

He whipped his head back and let out a sigh. He couldn't look at me anymore, he looked anywhere but into my eyes.

"Bellamy," I began quietly, "you know that there is no way out of this. Whether you like it or not, we are all going to die when the grounders come. I'd just like to get it over with."

"We don't know that," Bellamy said, turning his entire body to face me. "Zen, if you give up, we all give up. Ever since we've come down here you've been the one filled with confidence and courage. Don't lose it now, not when you need it the most. With you, we can win this. Yeah, we may lose a few people, but that happens down here. Lose a little to save a lot. I will not let you turn into a coward and find the easy way out of this. Whether you like it or not."

I took in his words, and he was right. I always had this large amount of strength since I've been down here. I could not let fear of being killed take that away from me. I said it myself, we should go down with a fight. And that's what I planned to do. For the past two days, I had been sulking and worrying about death. I need to focus on fighting, and surviving.

I finally let myself look to Bellamy, and saw that he was already looking at me. He was waiting for me to answer; to see if I was going to get over this depressed bump in the road and go back to being the fighter I was.

"I am no coward, Bellamy Blake," I said sternly to him. The corners of his mouth started to turn upwards into a smirk, but he forced them back down.

"Then prove it, Blondie," he said back to me. I gave him a nod, and he finally let the smirk fall onto his face that was dying to come out. I was staring at how beautiful he looked right then and there, but my focus shifted to Monroe who was walking towards us.

"I'm gonna go help Raven make more bullets," I said to him. As Monroe came to stand beside me, I passed her the gun I had. "Then I'm making more arrows, sir leader sir."

"Oh, by the way, Zen," Monroe started, "Jasper said he's trying to make more gunpowder. Raven said there's already enough to make a- and I quote- shit ton of bullets, but we could always use more."

"Okay, that's good to know, thanks," I said to the girl.

A twig snapped from just behind me, and I looked over to see a younger camper walking around the perimeter of the camp walls. As he kept stepping on the ground, more twigs snapped. I then had a sudden idea, and I was just given the perfect information to make it happen.

"Uh oh, there's your thinking face," Bellamy said, causing me to chuckle slightly. "What's going on up in that brain of yours?"

"Mines," I said, not looking to him as I spoke. I looked around a bit more, finding perfect places that could hide a mine if it was placed. I let out a smile, and nodded my head. "This is great. I got to get working on it with Raven."

I smiled at Bellamy and Monroe, then started to take off to the gate of camp. Just before I entered, Bellamy called for me.

I turned back around to see Bellamy standing there, a shy smile spread across his face.

"You just proved it," he said. I felt heat rise to my cheeks from his words. I gave him a small smile, along with a nod, then set off to the tent Raven was working in.

As I sat down, I was frazzled. As much as I hated to admit it, Bellamy made me feel like a ten year old girl who had a crush on this one guy, and got excited every time his name would be brought up. I didn't know if Bellamy felt the same way about me, but at that moment, I didn't care. The giddy feeling he gave me took away all the stress that was always built up in my chest. I knew he would never be with me, but it didn't matter. As long as we were on good terms, I was fine with everything.

"You look like you just smoked a bunch of weed and you're high as shit."

Raven's words interrupted my thoughts, and I quickly went out of my daze, and looked at her. She had a gigantic smirk on her face, and I glared back at her. Just like what happened between Bellamy and I a few minutes ago.

"What's got you all worked up?" she asked me, shoving a bunch of bullets and tools in front of me on the table. I started plucking at one of the bullets, seeing that she's already started making split loads, a plan we had thought up a little while ago.

"Nothing, Raven," I said exasperated.

"A certain Bellamy Blake tickling your nerves?" she asked me. I rolled my eyes at her witty comment.

"That's a weird ass comment," I told her, making her laugh. "And yes, maybe, I don't know. I think I like him, and then sometimes I think he likes me, but then I realize that he doesn't get into relationships. I just like to admire from a distance, I don't want to tell him I like him and then he tells me he just wants me in his bed, and then I get upset and then I get killed by a grounder knowing that I've completely embarrassed myself."

Raven was quiet for a moment before speaking. "It's like a god damn soap opera down here."

I burst out laughing at her comment, sparking myself with the bullet I was fiddling with as well. I had a feeling she wasn't just talking about my situation, but about her's, as well. The love triangle with her, Finn and Clarke. She had told me she broke up with him, but didn't take it any further. And I didn't want to egg her on.

"I'm just not into one night shit," I told her honestly. "Bellamy is. It's not gonna work between us, so I'm not gonna stress about it and try to make it happen. So, I am going to focus on the war at hand... literally."

"So, that's it?" she asked me, seeming surprised. "You're just gonna sit back and watch him as he goes from one girl to another? You aren't even going to attempt to get together with him?"

"There's no point in doing something where I know what the outcome is," I exclaimed. "There's no time for a relationship down here. I'm just going to drop the thought of getting with him and just stare at him from the other side of camp."

Raven giggled at my last few words, shaking her head.

"You're so weird, but right, I guess."

"As per usual," I said to her, smirking. "Speaking of me and thinking and shit, I know what to do with the extra gunpowder Jasper is making."

"Well don't just sit there, tell me, bitch!" Raven joked, getting excited to hear my idea.

"We build land mines," I explained to her. "We make them thin enough to stay camouflaged, and have them a good metre or two away from the wall, so it doesn't blow up. The second they're stepped on by a clunky ass grounder, boom! Explosion."

"We put a small amount of hydrazine on the bottom of the mine, and when it's stepped on, the top part that's covered with gunpowder will hit the hydrazine, causing a chemical reaction..."

"And whoever stepped on it will be too close in range to not get hit," I added on, finishing her sentence. "We need to get working on this now, I'm going to go tell Jasper to hurry his ass up. You start with the base of the mine, I'll get the hydrazine ready."

"Got it, chief," she said, saluting with her hand. I saluted her back, then got up from my seat. I flipped the tent flap open, and walked into the fresh air. Jasper had been working on the second level of the dropship, so I started to walk to there. I got halfway to the dropship ramp when I heard a small explosion.

Out of habit, I took out the knife I kept in my belt loop, gripping onto it tight. I checked my surroundings, and finally saw where the boom came from. The meat house had gone up in flames, and Octavia and Murphy just barely made it out unharmed.

I put my knife away, and went to grab a bucket of water. I saw a lonely bucket sitting by the dropship, and I quickly ran over to it, picking it up. I hurried to the latrine that was the closest to me, filling the metal container up quickly.

Trying to not spill the water everywhere, I scurried to the meat house. I scoured to find where the source of the fire was coming from. I then saw the blue outline of the flames in the corner of the hut, and a pile of burnt wood piled up.

Holding my breath, being sure not to breath in any smoke, I went right for the door of the hut. Not wanting to go too far into the building, I lunged just into the door, throwing the water onto the source. A bunch of campers were throwing water on all the other existing catches of fire, and in a few minutes, it was put out.

I finally let out my breath, seeing a small amount of stars clouding my vision. I had forgot I was holding it in.

"This is all your fault, " I heard Murphy saying. "We told you it was too much wood."

I turned to see him pushing the shoulders of this one guy named Del. That guy always had a snarky attitude, and I tried to avoid him at all costs. He would bring up the crazy rumours to a whole new dimension if he ever came across talking to me.

"Hey, hey!" Bellamy growled out to Murphy. "Save it for the grounders."

Murphy backed off, and Del quickly ran off somewhere.

I walked up to Bellamy, who was checking up on Octavia.

"Did you really go into the fire?" Bellamy asked me. I just shrugged, knowing that if I made a big deal about it he'd have my ass. "I think you took my advice a bit too seriously."

I didn't have time to remark on his comment, since Octavia started worrying about the situation at hand.

"What are we going to do now? That was all the food!" she said, gesturing towards the giant mess of burnt debris in front of her.

"What the hell happened anyways?" I asked, starting to wonder how the hut ever caught on fire in the first place. Octavia was in there, she was careful to not let something like that happen.

"Del keep feeding the fire," Murphy said, coming to stand beside me. "He kept doing it because Octavia told him not to."

"I knew that guy was an ass," I mumbled, making Bellamy and Murphy smirk at my comment.

"Any of the food last?" Bellamy asked one of the guys who started to clean up the messy scene. He shook his head no, and Bellamy sighed.

"I think there are some nuts and onions in the dropship," I said, remembering that I saw Monty sorting through the food earlier. "It won't last us a while."

"Then we need to hunt," Bellamy said. "Anyone we can spare goes out."

"Great way to put it," I sarcastically said to him. "I'm going."

"Hell no," Bellamy replied sternly. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"And why not?"

"Because the last time you went out, you got an arrow shoved into your arm that caused a giant hole, and got you poisoned."

"Thanks for the reminder," I retorted to him. "I've got good aim, I'll catch a lot. I'll be fine."

He sighed before caving in.

"Fine," he said, and I let out a little squeak.

"You're so easy to crack," I teased, making him glare at me.

"Funny," he retorted, but smiles anyway. "Okay, everyone, listen up. We're going hunting. Groups of four, every group has one person with a gun. Use the spears to hunt, not the guns. Use the guns for the grounders. Be back by nightfall, no one stays out after dark. Is that clear?"

The campers cheered back a yeah and started preparing themselves for their hunting trips. I had just started going back to my tent to gather some of my supplies when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey my blonde friend," Miller said, a wide smile on his face. "Care to join our group?"

Drew came up behind Miller, along with another guy, Marcus. I hadn't talked to him much, but I knew that he was another guy close with Bellamy.

"I'd love to," I told Miller, smiling back. "Mind if I make some quick arrows before we leave? I'm better with that than a spear. I'd try to throw it, but it'd probably just fall limp and into my foot."

"Please do, I don't want to deal with that," Miller said, joking. I laughed, and we made a plan to meet at the gate in half an hour.

In my tent, I was halfway done with the materials I had for making arrows. They'd be better quality if I wasn't rushing, but I knew that nightfall wasn't long ways away and I didn't have time to waste.

The flap to my tent suddenly whacked open, causing me to poke myself with the tip of the arrow.

"You really are on edge," Bellamy stated, walking in and sitting down in front of me.

"I wouldn't be if people gave me a warning before they came to talk to me," I said back to him. He gave me a small smirk, watching as I carefully constructed my arrows.

"Want to come with me and hunt?" Bellamy asked. He had a look of excitement in his eyes, and it made me feel bad that I couldn't go with him, when he really wanted me to.

"Miller already asked me," I told him. "Drew and Marcus are coming, too. I'm sorry."

"No, it's alright," he said, sounding a bit disappointed.

"It's better we're in different groups anyways," I pointed out. "We can't have two amazing hunters in the same group. It'd just be a waste of talent."

Bellamy smirked at my comment, and the sadness that was once filled in his eyes went away.

"Alright," he said, standing up. "I'll see you later tonight. Don't get hurt out there."

"Same with you," I said to him. He gave me a small smile before exiting my tent, leaving me with the familiar feeling of butterflies swarming around in my stomach.

Once again I forgot the author's note... I AM LOSING MY TOUCH

Sorry for the shittiest chapter I have ever written. :X This is just a filler, the next chapter will have a lot more action in it, I promise! I have nearly the entire rest of the story planned out, and I can't wait!

This book is almost over (tear) but I can't wait until I can share the ending with you guys, I think you might like it. :) I know I do hehe

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Exciting things happen... :D

-Brandee*doctor mask emoji because i want to hide my face with embarrassment from forgetting the author's note*

P.S WHY DO MY GIFS NEVER STAY LOADED ON MY CHAPTERS I AM ABOUT TO PUNCH A BITCH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 1.8K 24
the 100 - s1 *first book to 'the 100' series* *unedited* Maybe it was meant to be, maybe it wasn't but he knew from the moment he saw her in the Ark...
200K 4.2K 32
"How do I know we can trust you? You're a grounder." "You don't." @wolfiebabee [Prequal to Renegade] (based on the hit TV show "The 100") season 1
315K 8.6K 59
the world has a nasty habit of turning little girls into villains. bellamy blake x oc book one in the ROYALTY series the hundred, season 1 & season...
3.2K 182 23
you slowly realise you weren't meant to save the world. you were meant to destroy it. the 100 ( season 1 - tba ) fem!oc 𝒙 be...