All Bets Are Off

Od GirlLuvsHae

Dara's delinquent days in high school is catching up on her as she got fired three times for each job in a ma... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 3

2.2K 77 8
Od GirlLuvsHae

Dara opened her eyes blearily when she heard her alarm clock going off. She couldn't sleep last night. By the time when sleep had touched her senses, she could see light spilling on the side of the curtains. Whenever she closed her eyes, an image of a smiling face leaning close to her is invading her thoughts. She got up and stepped out of bed, swaying to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and looked in the mirror, seeing her bloodshot eyes, big eyebags, her hair looking like it exploded on her head. She looked worse than yesterday, if that's even possible. She spit the foamy water on the sink and his face popped into her head again. She stood up staright, her face contorted. She hit her head with the heel of her hand. That Donghae's face again. Get out of my head! She irritably washed her mouth and went to shower, still grimacing.

One thing she is sure of as she put on her baggy shirt and slim pants. Donghae did some kind of voodoo magic on her or something imprinting his face in her brain so she could like him too. Ugh! Once she sees him, she's gonna kick his ass and demand him to remove whatever curse he put on her. It's bad enough that she is beginning to have serious heart problems, she doesn't need to see his face every damn waking hours too!

She put her hair up again in a loose ponytail after drying it and walked out of her room, seeing that it was already close to 8. Mr. Kraz would porbably bust a vein if she was late again. It doesn't matter if there isn't any projects. He's just going to bust a vein if it is her who is late. She opened the door and walked out, locking it and proceeded to walk down the three steps when she froze. Donghae stood there wearing dark sunglasses, both his hands in his pockets and leaning on his car. He smiled without showing his teeth when he saw her and lifted his left hand in a wave.

Here it is again. Her heart took this time to suddenly go into overdrive, beating so fast she felt she did a morning jog. She put her hand in her chest and she could feel it against her hand. She scowled walking over to him, wanting to demand to drive her to a nearby hospital because she thinks she's gonna have a heart attack.

"You okay?" Donghae said his brows furrowed in concern. "You look flushed."

Flushed? She should be pale, shouldn't she? Her dad was almost colorless when she saw the people lifting him on the stretcher after that attack.

"I think I need to go to the hospital," she said pensively. "I think i'm coming down with something."

"Oh... oka—"

"What are you doing here?" Dara asked cutting him off.

"I wanted to drop you off at work before I go to mine."

"Why?"

Donghae let out a breath. "Do you always ask a reason for everything?"

"Uh... yeah."

Donghae sighed dramatically before smiling at her. "I told you last night. I like you and I wanted to spend time with you. And before you ask why again..." He lifted a finger as Dara started to open her mouth.  "it's because I don't need a reason to. I just do. And besides, isn't it a good thing I decided to come here? I could take you to the hospital."

"Hospital? Who said I'm going there?" Dara asked in confusion.

"Didn't you say you need to go to the hospital?" It was Donghae's turn to be confused.

"Oh, I was just thinking out loud," Dara said. Hospitals meant money. And that is one thing she doesn't have. She'll ask Suzy some home remedies or something. And besides, she feels her heart is going back to its normal pace.

Donghae just stared at her before chuckling. This girl is really going to make him nuts in just a matter of days.

Dara adjusted her bag strap and looked down at the ground feeling her face hot again after seeing Donghae's eyes crinkling as he laughed and those pearly whites... Hold up! Here is that feeling again. She looked up and glared at him. "Okay, stop it!"

Donghae stopped mid-chuckle as Dara stood there giving him a fierce glare. "Stop what?"

"This! Whatever it is you're doing, I want you to stop it!" Dara said. "Ugh!" She turned around to walk towards the bus stop trying to will herself to calm down before her temper bust out of her cage and break his nose.

That might have been better. At least he would have something to mar his chiseled face. She stopped walking and put her hands on her face in horror. Oh my god, what the hell is she even thinking!

Donghae had easily caught up with her, blocking her way as he stepped in front of her. "Sandara—"

"Stay out of my sight! You—you—you occultist!" She growled before hitting his arm with her bag twice surprising Donghae with her outburst before she stomped off angrily, muttering under her breath.

Donghae just watched her go, dumbfounded. He took off his sunglasses and put one of his hands on his hip unable to find words. What just happened? "Occultist?" Was all he had managed to say in confusion wondering what the hell was that.

Dara had her brows meeting the entire bus ride and even when she was greeted by the security guard at the entrance of CSW. She was such in a bad mood she doesn't think meeting Mr. Kraz on the hallway or anywhere would be a good idea if she wants to keep her job. She decided to go to the cafeteria to get some coffee first to calm her nerves before going to the Production department.

She was waiting on the coffee from the vending machine when she caught sight of Suzy buying some sandwich. She took the cup and strode over to her. As usual, Suzy looked like Dirt doesn't exist in her world. Her clothes clean and feminine, her hair long and shiny, her face fresh. Should she really be the correct person to ask for her ailment? Curses and voodoo might be foreign words to her.

"Hey Dara," Suzy said upon seeing her then noticed her expression. "Why are you always mad? It's so early in the morning."

"I think I got cursed," Dara said in a serious tone.

"What?"

Dara looked around if someone is near enough to eavesdrop then pulled Suzy in a corner.

"I think I'm cursed," Dara repeated. Suzy looked like she wanted to laugh and Dara pressed on. "It's the truth! I never believed it at first but looking at the facts, I think i'm a victim of a voodoo magic."

Suzy burst out laughing at Dara's grave expression. Dara put her hands on her hips looking irritated.

"Sorry," Suzy said as she laughed. "What makes you think that?"

"I was normal until I met this guy! Now it feels like he's slowly ruining my life. I only met him for a day and now he's done something to me that I can't even understand!"

Suzy stopped laughing and looked at her with amusement. "A guy? You met a guy?"

"Yes!" Dara said. "I tell you, he cursed me. Maybe because... I don't know.. he punished me because I didn't remember him because he seems like the type who doesn't want to be forgotten by anybody... seems more like an egomaniac... Should I need to consult, like a quack doctor or something?"

Suzy bit her lip trying not to laugh again at Dara's naivete. "Okay, maybe I could help you. And I want you to answer me honestly." Dara nodded earnestly looking like anything Suzy say will help her get over whatever sickness she caught. "What happens when you see him?"

Dara blinked her eyes, thinking. "It's like I'm having a heart attack. And I know I don't have heart problems even if my dad has one because I'm strong, really healthy. But whenever he's near, I get this..." She gestured with her hands not really sure what word to describe it.

"Feeling in your chest, like you can't breathe?" Suzy asked narrowing her eyes.

"Yes."

"You were thinking about him even though you don't intend to?"

"Yes!"

"You keep noticing little things about him like his smile, his eyes, his clothes, or how perfect he seems to be..."

"Yes, yes, yes!" Dara said nodding her head off. Suzy does know whatever she's having right now.

Suzy laughed. "Oh my god! Dara, you like him!"

Dara froze, her smile falling. "What?"

"You like him!" Suzy repeated. "After so long, some guy had managed to get close enough for you to like. Oh my god! Who is he?"

"No." Dara shook her head, utmost horror on her face. "No, no, no." She let out a humorless laugh.

"Yes." Suzy said. "It's not the end of the world. Geez. So you like him, big deal. It's not gonna get you killed."

"Hell no!" Dara yelled and some of the people looked over at them but Dara didn't care. She liked him? She liked that Donghae whom she doesn't even remember in high school? This is a mistake. Suzy is wrong.

Suzy crossed put her hands on her hips also ignoring the people looking at them. "It only proves you're a girl. A human. Because sometimes, I really question which specie you came from."

"No!" Dara tipped the cup of coffee in her mouth, drinking it all in one gulp ignoring how it scalded her tongue. "You're wrong!"

"What is so bad about liking someone?" Suzy asked.

"No!" Dara slammed the empty cup down on the nearby table. She won't accept that. That is the most ridiculous diagnosis she had ever been given!

"Is he that ugly?" Suzy asked again.

"No!"She put her hands to cover her ears. "No no no!" She wailed as she turned and ran out of the cafreteria all the while saying her denial. Suzy just watched her in consternation thinking it must've been a big shock to her friend. Discovering she's a girl.

Donghae went to CSW after dropping in his company, The Fishy Ideas, to sign some contracts with several clients. He went straight to Siwon's office, smiling charmingly at his secretary as she blushed and informed him Siwon is in. He only knocked once on the door before walking in, Siwon behind his desk, looked up from his computer monitor, looking surprised at seeing him.

"Yo," Donghae said as he plopped on the couch, lifting both his feet up on the coffee table and taking off his sunglasses.

"What brings you here?" Siwon asked returning his attention back at the monitor. "No, wait. Don't answer that. I think i prefer not knowing."

Donghae leaned his head back on the couch. "I was only dropping by, visiting my good friend." Then he smiked. "And protecting my villa and the car."

Siwon stopped typing on his computer and looked over at Donghae who is resting on his couch looking like he has no worry in the world. "If karma hits you, don't say I didn't warn you."

Donghae smirked. "Why are you acting like I'm such a bad guy? It's not just about the bet, you know. I'm trying to mold Sandara Park into the girl that she should be. Shaping her future to be the perfect  girlfriend for someone. In a way, she's the one who is using me."

Siwon shook his head at Donghae's convoluted logic. "If Sandara Park turned out to be the way she was in high school, you'll be dead meat even before you can make a move and I'll be here laughing."

Donghae remembered the girl who had blushed last night when he bade her good night. He smirked. "I don't think so."

Siwon returned back into typing on his computer.

"By the way, can Dara take the day off tomorrow?"

"No," Siwon answered without moving his head.

"Oh c'mon," Donghae said cajolingly. "You gotta give that girl a break."

"She's been here less than a week," Siwon said wryly.

Donghae scrutinized Siwon. "You know I've just noticed how against you are with this. Do you like Sandara Park?"

Siwon chuckled then looked at Donghae with raised eyebrows. "If you pick anyone of my employees to be the butt of your bet, I would act the same way. What would you do if Yesung decided to play with your secretary? Or your Creative Director? Ultimately jeorpardizing the quality of their work once the whole game is over?"

"Nothing, it's their life," Donghae simply answered.

"I protect the people working for me," Siwon continued ignoring Donghae's answer. "Because I expect them to give the best of what they can give and I do not want any emotional stress getting in the way."

"Alright! Why are you so defensive?"

Siwon still continued. "The only reason I agreed to this bet is because I know Sandara Park can handle you and I can't wait until the day I can see you crying because you lost your villa and Yoona." He turned back to his computer then looked at Donghae again. "Why don't you just tell Yoona instead of going through all this?"

Donghae stood up. "Okay, this conversation isn't really my cup of tea." He doesn't want to talk about Yoona especially when he doesn't even know why it makes him uncomfortable that his friends are all sure he is doing this for Yoona even if he doesn't say it. Talk about transparent. He wondered if Yoona can see though him too.

Siwon rolled his eyes, turning back again to his computer. Donghae tried again. "So can Dara have the day off tomorrow?"

"No," Siwon repeated his answer.

"I want to take her to an amusement park or somewhere to have fun," Donghae said. "And you know she needs it. Heaven knows how long she did have fun after her father died."

"No."

"You don't want your staff to have fun?"

"Not when they have a job to do."

"She's in training."

"Exactly. If she wanted to work as my scriptwriter, she'd better prove herself to be the best after her training."

"It's only for a day!" Donghae insisted.

"Okay."

"I will fill in on—what?" He looked at Siwon after realizing his immediate consent.

Siwon grinned sheepishly. "I forgot. It is her off tomorrow." He chuckled at his mistake earning a scowl from Donghae. "I told her she can have off on Saturday if no urgent production is needed," Siwon explained remembering Dara telling him she can work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when she was asking him for a job. He then told her she can take Saturday as her off. "Just remind her. She might forget."~

Donghae slyly smiled as an idea popped into his head. "Sure."

Siwon didn't notice the look on Donghae's face, his attention on his computer screen. Donghae tried another favor. "So, can Dara take off early today?"

Siwon stopped typing and looked at Donghae. "Don't push it."

"Alright." He lifted both his hands then muttered. "It's not like you did me a favor anyway since tomorrow is really her off." He put his shades on again then looked at his wristwatch. Already close to five. Dara needs to get off work at least before 6. He wanted to show her something which he knows would pull her straight into his clutches. He tried not to grin as he thought of kidnapping Dara. "Well, I gotta go now."

"About time," Siwon said still intent on typing on his computer.

Donghae smirked then proceeded to walk out the door when he remembered something. He turned to Siwon. "By the way, do you know what occultist is?"

Siwon looked up from his computer, brows creased. "Occultist? Isn't that something to do with alchemy?"

"What's alchemy?" Donghae asked getting more confused.

Siwon sighed returning back to his computer again. "Do you know those people wearing turbans with crystal balls inside dark rooms on a dark alley?"

"You mean like those foretelling the future?"

"Yup," Siwon answered.

Whuut? Donghae was left more confused now than ever. Why did Dara called him a fortune teller? That girl is completely insane. He shook his head as he stepped out of Siwon's office. Siwon laughed when he heard the door closed. Man, it was so nice to be smart over your less-than-smart friends. He wondered why Donghae suddenly asked.

Dara was jolted back into her consciousness when Mei, one of the senior scriptwriters, jabbed her lightly on the rib. She looked around wondering what's happening and she realized Suzy is doing some adlibs as she looked at the teleprompter for the next page of her lines. She was already hanging for around a minute now, ocassionally glaring at her behind the two way glass window. She immediately tapped the button on the keyboard for the next page. Ah damn! She could practically hear Mr. Kraz storming inside the studio to berate her on her idiocy. She was assigned on the prompter today, tapping on the keyboard on the teleprompter for the host's lines as she interviewed someone. Today, it's a different artist. Or a boyband she could say. She doesn't know who EXO is but they were so many of them she didn't even bother to know any of their names.

"Ease up," Mei said as she tapped Dara's stressed shoulder. "Mr. Kraz's not in today. Apparently, his diarrhea is still going strong."

Dara felt her shoulders relax, pursing her lips. She's so stressed out lately she felt like she's going to burst.

Mei tittered. "Don't worry. You're not the only who's glad he's not in."

Dara tapped on the next button on the prompter. Maybe Dara could suggest she be assigned to get his coffee everyday. Then everybody would be happy. Especially her.

After the taped interview is over, Dara went out of the studio to hide from Suzy. No doubt she's going to grill her again on her ridiculous analysis. She wanted to roll her eyes. She has never been interested with any guy and she doesn't think she ever will. Her life is so full of problems, she doesn't need to add another one. And besides, why would she like this Donghae guy? Her high school gang, most of them guys, is a lot good looking than him and she had never liked any of them. She's really sure he had some voodoo magi going on. What can she do to break that spell? Maybe she should throw a punch on his face or something.

But her violence would probably reach Choi Siwon's ears. Ugh!I'm gonna kill you once I figure out how to break this curse! Dara stomped inside the office and demanded Bo to give her something to do, surprising her team leader at her earnest request. Bo then asked her to categorize the videos stacked in the corner which Dara had regretted later on as there was a whole stack of them. But at least she got her mind occupied as she cursed under her breath filing shows from 1980s to 1990s. Who the hell keeps this stuff? And why?

Her back felt stiff after she finished and it was already close to 5:30 by the time she got the videos all lined up in the shelf from the 80s to the recent. Bo complimented her for a good job and said she could call it a day.

"Ugh, thank god," Dara muttered as she picked up her bag.

She walked towards the bus stop, waiting under the shed when a silver car pulled over in front of her. The windows rolled down revealing Donghae on the driver's seat. She frowned as she felt her heart speed up again.

"I wanna show you something," Donghae said smiling. "Get in."

"No," Dara said glaring at him.

"C'mon, after this, i'm not gonna bother you anymore," Donghae said.

Dara narrowed her eyes.

"I promise," Donghae said crossing his chest.

Dara bit the inside of her cheek thoughtfully. Why not? If it meant she's not going to see him anymore. Maybe he'll show her where his den of witches are or something and she could take a picture and show Suzy she was right and Suzy is wrong. She adjusted her bag again, finally deciding, as she opened the passenger side and slid in.

Donghae's smile was reaching his ears as he turned the car. He had no doubt Dara's going to come with him and he could smell Kibum's car in the distance. He glanced at Dara who was glaring at the windshield.

"Why are you so mad at me? Did I do something?"  Donghae asked.

Dara refused to look at him. Maybe she needs to avoid eye contact to break from his curse. She believe the curse is already dissipating as her heart is again, on its normal beat.

"Okay, whatever it is, I'm sorry," Donghae said solemnly.

Ah shit! There it is again. That feeling she couldn't identify. Her heart is normal but there is something she can't tell. "Where the hell are you taking me?" She asked glaring furiously at the passing trees.

"Uh... I just... want to show you something," Donghae said wondering what's up with her. "It's just a place which is really special to me."

Dara scowled as that feeling intensified. Should she get out now while she still had her wits about her? Maybe he's hypnotizing her so he could make her a human sacrifice or something. If she even got a sight of a cave or a bonfire, she's gonna slam his face on the steering wheel. She really doesn't know this guy! He mght be friends with Siwon but he's completely unknown to her. She doesn't even know he's in Lee Tuk High. Maybe that was a lie.

Donghae kept glancing at her in confusion oblivious to all the thoughts raging in her head. What a nut job. He absolutely had no idea why she is suddenly getting all cranky. Maybe she got her monthly period. He shuddered. Okay, that was a gross thought.

He made another turn and they caught sight of the ocean. Dara was frantically moving her eyes from left to right looking for any sign of a fire thinking it was her sign to smash his head in when the car stopped. The roof folded, exposing them to the warm air, the endless width of the ocean in front of them.

She looked at Donghae and wryly asked, "What are we doing here?"

"Just watch," Donghae said winking at her adorably and Dara closed her eyes in irritation as her heart sped up again. She turned her head forward wondering what in the world they are gonna watch. In a matter of minutes, the sun glowed in the horizon, enveloping the ocean into its warmth as it sets. Dara watched in wonder as it slowly fill the water in a soft orange color, suddenly giving her a feeling of peace, nostalgia, loneliness, and joy all at the same time.

"It'beautiful isn't it?" Donghae asked quietly.

Dara slightly turned her head to watch him smiling as he watched the sun go down. His profile refined. His prominent nose, long thick eyelashes which should be illegal, his even white teeth. His chiseled jaw. She couldn't find anything to actually define as ugly on his face. She felt her shoulders stooped down as she felt her world fell.

"I want to go home," Dara said gloomily.

Donghae looked at her, concern and confusion on his face. "Oh, okay." He started the car again, hitting the button to lift the roof back before driving off thinking what had gone wrong. This tactic never failed him before. He should've thought about this through first. He's got to remember Dara is unlike any girl. Any normal girl. Maybe she would be impressed if he joined a gang war.

Dara was silent the whole ride until they arrived at the apartment. "Thank you," Dara said quietly as she opened the door and stepping out of the car. Donghae opened her mouth but Dara already closed the door and went straight to the door, unlocking it and going inside in a hurry.

Donghae lifted both his hands in a what-the-hell motion, confusion written all over his face.

Dara leaned her head back on the door feeling dejected. She let out a breath before trudgingly walked towards her room. Suzy was already there, a towel on her head, putting on some face mask as she sat cross legged on her bed. She looked surprised at seeing her downtrodden expression.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

Dara dropped her bag and plopped down on her bed, looking lost.

"You didn't get fired, right?" Suzy asked worriedly.

"I've just realized something," Dara said looking into space.

Suzy tilted her head waiting for Dara to continue disclosing whatever she had realized. Dara looked at Suzy, thoughts of Donghae in her head. How he looked as he smiled at her, how his eyes looked when he looked at her. How he looked when he was waiting for her that morning.

Dara lifted the corner of her mouth in a not-a-happy smile. Suzy was right. "I'm a girl."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

4.6K 177 43
25 years old Jinah Park (Sandara) is next in line to run her parents hospital. She thought everything in her life was going great until her parents t...
71.9K 2.1K 31
Dara is a 33 year old corporate officer of the top TV Station in the country. She have everything any career woman dreamed to have. Except a lovelife...
78.6K 1.6K 31
Kwon Jiyong is a rich and very successful businessman. He only focus on working, buying up the broken business and selling them again. He's stuck in...
185K 3.6K 64
Description: Dara is a damsel who when falls in love give her all. Donghae is a hero who is kind hearted and is always ready to help. He has watched...