The Infamous Rafael Valiente...

By MsDreamerGirl84

WARNING: LOADED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! He ran away from all the scrutinizing eyes... More

WARNING!!
Copyright
Synopsis
My Other Books
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Job Hunting
Chapter 2: Clash of Two Hearts
Chapter 3: The Pursuits
Chapter 4: No Escape
Chapter 5: The Revelations
Chapter 6: The Make-Over
Chapter 7: Troubled Past
Chapter 8: The Chasing
Chapter 10: The Wedding Preparation
Chapter 11: Haunted with the Past
Chapter 12: Sweet Escape
Chapter 13: Jealousy Strikes
Chapter14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Taming the Temptress
Chapter 16: Meeting Mr. Nightmare
Chapter 17: Facing His Wrath
Dedication
Chapter 18: Anger and Betrayal 1
Chapter 19: Anger and Betrayal 2
Chapter 20: The Consequences
Chapter 21: Reunion of Friends and Exes
Chapter 22: The Lies and The Heartbreaks
Chapter 23: Life must go on
Chapter 24: When Anger Only Matters
Chapter 25: The Vengeance 1
Chapter 26: The Vengeance 2
Chapter 27: The Truth Will Always Prevail
Chapter 28: Together Again
Chapter 29: Family Day
Epilogue
Advertisement
Author's Note

Chapter 9: The Grand Duke's Scheme

119K 4.7K 134
By MsDreamerGirl84

"It's an unexplainable feeling, an expression. It's a touch, it's a feel. Once you feel it, it's like no other thing in the world." - Snoop Dogg

Vote 

Comment

Edited By: bomabenjy

..........................................

Rafael Alejandro Valiente's POV

Tsarskoye Selo, Pushkin, Russia

Markovich Palace

I put my hands deep down my pocket trying to calm my nerves. For the first time in my life I felt horribly nervous. The Grand Duke didn't agree to my wishes, but at least he didn't refuse me in seeing her. 

I was so anxious that I didn't know if I should sit or stand. I was pacing back and forth. The wait was killing me and I'm not known to be a patient person. I lack in that department. 

I whipped my head to the double door when I heard a clicking of the extravagant looking oak door. I was too focused with my mind fixed on how to cajole the Duke to agree with me for my proposal that I didn't bother to look around the expensive interior of the palace. 

Then like a slow motion, the butler opened the door and she smiled at him. When the door closed she looked at me with a wide smile and she ran to me and launched herself onto my arms. I was caught off guard that I stumbled and we both landed on the floor. With her on top of me and she was giggling happily with her hand around my neck. 

**** 

Clara Bell Bennet's POV

I was so happy and excited that I didn't even say goodbye to my grandfather. I just left the study with my head reeling with the thought that Rafael was here to see me. For some reason I felt so happy and excited to see him, so giddy. I guess being stuck here in the palace with no one you knew makes you feel so much like an outcast that knowing Rafael is here makes me all excited and ecstatic.

I forgot all about his rudeness to me and all his womanizing ways. All that matters to me at this moment is that he's here to see me. 

I run across the endless maze of hallways with Rhea following behind me trying to keep up with me. 

When I reach the drawing room, I felt all giddy for some reason. I heaved a loud breath and nodded at Gannon to open the door for me. I walked in slowly then smiled at Gannon. He bowed shortly and closed the door behind him. When I heard the click sound indicating it was closed I looked at Rafael. He looked so anxious and I've never seen him look like that. I missed him so much and I've been thinking about him for the past five months. Seeing him now is so overwhelming that I can't contain my happiness. I just found myself running to him and launched myself into his arms. He was surprised and caught off guard making him stumble on his feet and we landed on the floor with me on top of him. 

The look on his face was priceless, I giggled like a schoolgirl. My heart was racing rapidly, when I smelled his scent that always drove me crazy. He was grinning devilishly and obviously he's enjoying our compromising position. I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. He looked like he was deprived with sleep. I felt a tug in my heart. 

Then he wrapped his muscled hands around my waist holding me in place. When I tried to move, I felt his arousal poking in my thigh. My eyes widened in surprised as I gasped making an 'oh' sound. 

"I missed you!" he admitted softly with his breath fanning my cheeks. I missed him very much, if only he knew. 

"I missed you too!" I confessed as I look down on his lips and it was the wrong thing to do. I just soon found his lips locked on mine. 

He rolled and shifted our position, now he's on top of me. He captured my lips again and I responded feverishly forgetting where we were.

He slide in his tongue inside my mouth and swirled around it, teasing my tongue, nibbling it gently. 

I was so focused with the new sensations he was introducing me to that we both didn't hear the door opened. Three faces were watching us in great surprise.

"I don't understand this youngsters these days" The voice of Nikolai echoed inside the room making the two separate in a second and stand up quickly, looking embarrassed. 

"Don't you think that marriage should come first before the honeymoon?" he added with cold face looking at Rafael without blinking. He discreetly smirked. His plans went into place without an effort. 

Rafael looked him in the eye. "I will marry her anytime and anywhere, your highness!" he replied with determination. 

"What?" I exclaimed furiously. This is not how I wanted it to end. I want him to court me and show me that he love me. 

Did he plan for this? This jerk! He never plays fair!

"But Grandpa, I'm not ready yet to get married" I objected, but to my dismay he just looked at me impassively.

"You should have thought that before you engaged yourself into this scandal." Rhea and Gannon were behind the Duke looking straight faced. Rhea was suppressing her giggles. 

My protests were in vain. The two talked like I wasn't there.

"Then it's all settled Rafael. I want to meet your parents soon and we will have your wedding here." The Grand Duke ordered with his face that gave nothing away.

I was so shocked and stunned how things went so fast, from kissing to a wedding. 

***** 

Third Person POV

"При всем уважении , ваше высочество , вы думаете, это правильно?"(With all due respect Your Highness, do you think this is right?) Gannon asked politely. He feared that he will make another mistake. They were now back in his study, he looked so contented and happy. 

For the last 25 years he was gloomy, always brooding and his smiles faded. Now since Lady Tatiana arrived he was slowly changing. And everyone in the Palace noticed it. The lady obviously brought so much joy to the palace. The cold and gloomy Palace was once again brightened and found hope. 

"Парень был блестящим , и он доминирует в мире бизнеса . Он не может бытьназванием человек в королевской иерархии, но уверен, что он живет больше, чем король. Я очень уверен, что он будет делать лучше, и он будет иметь большую помощь в моей внучки , чтобы расширить нашу герцогство ." (The guy was brilliant and he dominated the business world. He may not be a titled man in the royal hierarchy but sure he lives better than a king. I am very convinced that he'll do better and he will be of big help to my granddaughter to expand our duchy.) Nikolai smiled. 

He knew that Rafael Valiente will be perfect for her daughter and he saw that they both love each other. He thought he had heard of him before but he wasn't sure where. 

The reports of the man he sent to do a background check on him made it clear that he actually heard him. And that's because Rafael Valiente was a friend of the Prince of France, whom he regarded as a young fine man with a beastly approach in terms of business.

"Я видел искры в глазах . Я сразу понял, что оба находятся в любви, но ни один из них не признают его . Мне нужен наследник скоро, и я не могу ждать так долго . Я получаю сильнее каждый день . Я могу умереть завтра или на следующий день , кто знает ." (I saw the sparks in their eyes. I knew instantly that both are in love but none of them acknowledge it. I need a heir soon and I can't wait that long. I'm getting weaker each day. I may die tomorrow or the next day, who knows. ) He added in his low voice.

"Yes your Highness, a heir would surely bring more happiness to this Palace." Gannon smiled thinking of the little pitter patter running around the palace makes him excited as well.

**** 

Rafael Alejandro Valiente's POV

After the decision had been made, the duke told me to stay and just make a call to my parents to come while we prepared for the wedding. I was so happy. I didn't expect it to be this fast but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

The Duke and his butler Gannon had left with her companion. I was left with her alone in the drawing room. She was still quiet and it's making me freak out. I couldn't read her eyes. She was looking everywhere but me while she sighed once in a while. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it-" I didn't finish my words because she cuts me off looking at me accusingly.

"You planned all this, didn't you?" she accused looking at me disgustedly. I was stunned and I fumbled for words. Her Cerulean eyes were staring at me scorchingly and for some reason I felt so hurt. She sounded like marrying me was sickening. 

The happiness that I felt suddenly turned into rage. I was furious with her. 

"The Grand Duke already made the decision. You don't want to upset him as much as I don't want to!" I stated coldly barely audible but with control. 

She just looked at me and stomped her feet out of the drawing room. When she left, I turned to face the wall and punch it hard putting all my frustrations in it and the pain I felt. I could feel the blood drip and a little sting but I ignored it. 

I wanted to punish her for doing this things to me. I can control my emotions, my temper when it comes to her. I feel like I'm becoming more and more like a beast. She sure knows how to push my buttons. 

"Urgh ..." I groaned frustratedly. 

I walked out of the room and decided to go outside the Palace and make a call to calm myself.

**** 

Clara Bell Bennet's POV

"Urgh ..." I screamed as I threw all my pillow to the walls with frustrations. I wanted to cry but no tears. I don't understand how I felt. I can't really pin point it. 

Why am I mad? This is what I want, right? I wanted him, since the day I first laid my eyes on him. But why do I feel so angry about it?

"Bell..." Rhea walked in and she looked scared. I stopped when I realized I was acting like a rascal. 

"Are you alright?" she asked in her thick Russian accent. I wanted to laugh. When she's scared or over excited her accent comes out and she doesn't realize it. 

"Yeah I guess!" I replied unsure as I plopped down on my bed. 

"I saw him walking out the Palace with a bleeding hand." Rhea said hesitantly. I whipped my head to her direction looking at her confusingly. How did it happen?

"Are you sure?" I asked to confirm.

She nodded her head. I quickly ran out of my room heading out the palace to the garden, looking for him frantically. I know I'm mad at him but knowing he was hurt, for some reasons I felt like I'm responsible. I want to know what happened and it needs to be taken care of. 

I walk-run heading to the door not caring if I almost hit some of the maidservants. I just said sorry and kept on going. I don't understand why these people need a place as huge as this. If there's a fire, you will likely be burned before you reach the exit door. 

Finally to the door, I step out of the door and into the big columns of pillars. I saw his back and he was getting farther, heading to the creek. 

"Rafael!" I yelled. He didn't hear me so I repeated calling him louder this time, but to no avail. He kept walking to the creek. I'm really hating this place now. I would have caught him by now if the place wasn't this big, like literally, it seems endless. I smiled to the one of the gardeners and kept on walking ignoring him when he curtsied. 

With growing irritation, I stomped my feet heading to his direction. I walk, run and I could feel my legs getting sore now since I'm wearing a 3 inches heels. I stopped and pulled my heels off and held it walking now barefoot. 

"Argh ..." I screamed when I stepped on something prickly. I stopped and sat on the grass and tried to see what it was, I was looking at my sole not minding my dress was already lifted up giving a clear view of what's under. 

I heard a fake cough. I quickly straightened my right feet, but I could feel that thing in my sole pricking. 

He squatted and took my foot and I felt his hands gently picking the thing out of my skin. I was looking at him intently. He still looked cold. When he puts my foot down I saw his knuckles the blood stops but there were still smudges of the blood and bruises.

"We need to clean your bruise." I said worriedly. 

"It's fine. It's nothing!" he said dismissively. His emotions were expertly shielded and it's hard to penetrate the mask in his eyes. 

"Get up before those bastard will feast on your underwear," he hissed bluntly. I felt my cheeks flush profusely. I quickly stood up and was about to put the shoes back on, he effortlessly scooped me up without ceremony and walked back to the palace. 

"Put me down Rafael. Not another scandal." I huffed frustratedly as I squirmed down, but he was too strong that he didn't budge. 

I glared at him but he just grinned wolfishly. 

"We are getting married anyway, Mi Amor!" he stated pompously and smiled to the group of gardener and some securities who was watching us now smiling foolishly as we passed by back to the Palace.

"Who said I'm marrying you? I didn't agree to that!" I snapped fervently. I really hate his guts. That's why this kind of people was growing big headed because they can get anything with just a snap of their finger.

We are walking closer to the Palace and I could see from my peripheral vision the curious eyes of the people working in the palace. 

I nestled my face in his chest not wanting to see everyone watching us maliciously. 

"Please put me down now Rafael." I begged. He just looked at me and said nothing as he kept walking. 

"Where is your room?" he asked suddenly, after like a decade. I'm beginning to feel drowsy. It felt so comfortable in his strong arms to be honest and I could smell his sexy manly scent. 

Oh ... So delicious and sexy. I could sniffed his smell all day and I would never get tired of it. 

He's just so perfect except he's an ass. 

"Turn right, then from your right it's the seventh room." I replied nonchalantly, when I saw that we were already at the east wing.

I knew he wouldn't listen. 

All of a sudden I felt exhausted. 

I saw Rhea giggling when Rafael passed her by and he just smiled at her flirtatiously. Rhea followed us and when we reached my bedchamber as they refer it, Rhea walk in front of him pushing my door to open. Rafael thanked her then she giggles mumbling your welcome as she nodded. 

"Put me down now," I hissed angrily. I was so embarrassed and he seems like he doesn't really care. 

"Of, course you have gained so much since the last time I held you, Mi Amor!" He grimaced which made me really angry. 

He gingerly put me back down on my feet but he was still holding my waist as he grinned mischievously. I smacked his chest really hard in irritation but he didn't budge. 

I look at Rhea in horror and she was trying to stifle her laughter. 

"Bring the first aid kit here!" I snapped exasperatedly. She nodded her head and scrambled out of the door.

"I like it when you're angry. You're eyes shine brightly and is like a shade of the beautiful ocean. And it is captivating!" He uttered with adoration. Our eyes locked and I'm slowly falling under his spell again. With him I lost every reasoning I have. Even my fear with man dissipated. 

Yes I love him and if only he'll confess those three words I would gladly be willing to give my body and soul. 

Then again, he's a guy who doesn't know what love is. He thinks girls are property or possessions. That woman was like a business they could invest anytime they want. 

"Why the sudden temper, Mi Amor?" Rafael whispered in my ears making all the fibers in my body react swiftly, burned with the sudden sensation that courses throughout my body. 

Our close proximity was very unsettling. He's smell that's just like an addiction. I summoned all the resistance that's left in me. 

"Let me go!" I said pushing him away from me. I saw pain in his eyes and he let me go. He quickly masked it and he was soon staring at me coldly. 

Then a knock in my door and I saw Rhea walk in with the first aid kit on hand. I grab Rafael's bruised hand and pulled him to the balcony, with Rhea following us. 

"Sit." I spat and took the kit from Rhea's hands and place it down on the coffee table. 

"You may leave Rhea." I said dismissively after thanking her. She just smiled and left us. 

Rafael rested his bruised hand on the coffee table and I started cleaning it. He winched when the cotton with alcohol touch his cuts. 

"I think I'm fine," he said when I'm halfway cleaning it. I didn't realize it was really bad. 

"Shut up! Just keep your hand on the table and let me finished it." I hissed angrily. 

He put his hand back on the table and he watched me intently as I cleaned it. He winched once in a while but he never complained. 

"Where did you get this?" I asked curiously as I wrap it with bandage.

"I.... punched the wall" He trailed of reluctantly. 

"Why are you hitting the wall? You're not iron man." I lectured treating him like an eight years old boy.

"I was furious." He replied warily. 

I was stunned. I stopped with what I was doing and look at him terrified. 

"Will you hit me if you get mad at me?" I blurted out with fear.

"OF COURSE NOT!" He objected furiously. "Why would you even think of that? I will never lay hands on you, Mi amor. NEVER!" He stated gritting his teeth.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that." I apologized, regret laced in my voice. 

"Done." I proclaimed and he thanked me. I put the alcohol, bandages and cotton balls back in the box. 

"Are you going back to your place?" I blurted out suddenly. I don't know where in the world that came from.

"Yes. I have to wait for my parents to come. Luke already went to fetch them. They should be here tomorrow. Then we will come and see your grandfather." He explained as he looks at me. I could see pain in his eyes, but why?

Then a sudden empty feeling coursed through my body. I didn't want him to leave yet, but I don't want to look desperate. 

"Can I sleep here for an hour? I didn't get much sleep and I'm so exhausted." He begs. I knew he didn't sleep much because of the dark circles under his eyes with a blood shot eyes. 

I just nodded my head in agreement. His face lit up and he happily walked back inside my room and he unzipped his pants and took it off placing it neatly on the settee, wearing only boxers. I could feel my cheeks blushing. 

I turned around when he started unbuttoning his shirt and he laughed. When I felt him diving on my bed, I slowly shifted my body to see him. He was wearing a white shirt and I felt relieved. 

I know I've seen him almost naked before but him being in my room and naked would make my thoughts go haywire. Just his mere presence doesn't help my sanity stay still at all. 

"I will come see you when you're up. I will just go and take a walk in the garden." I said trying to escape from the temptation that's slowly luring me.

Without waiting for his response I walked to the door. Just as I reached the door, I felt his strong hand grabbing me and pulled me on the bed. I squealed in surprised. 

"Stay." He said softly giving me his puppy dog eyes. 

"Grandpa will never agree with this." I objected but with no conviction. I was really tempted to sleep with him and I could feel the exhaustion slowly kicking in.

"Mi Amor, we will be getting married soon besides your grandpa will understand," he replied sweetly. I smelt his minty breath making my whole senses go into chaos. 

"Please...." He pleaded.

"Fine" I replied. I kicked my shoes off, not bothering to change and crawled inside my bed covers and curled up beside him. He moved closer to me, carried my head to his shoulder and he wrapped his other hand on my waist. I felt so secure. I could feel my eyes getting heavy. 

I nestled my face on his chest and soon I let sleep engulf me.

**** 

Nikolai Markovich POV

Nikolai Dmitri was very happy and he couldn't hide it. He saw what happened outside his Palace. He smiled broadly. He could imagine little Markovich filling his backyard running around. 

He was walking through the hallways and was greeted by his maidservants on his way to his granddaughter's bedchamber. Gannon was trailing behind him. 

Rhea was just walking away from her room and stopped when she saw their master coming. She looked anxious. 

"Your Highness" She curtsied and moved aside so the Grand Duke can pass by. 

The Grand Duke stopped in front of her.

"Где Mr.Valiente и леди Татьяна ?" "Where's Mr. Valiente and Lady Tatiana?" he inquired happily.

"They are inside Your Highness!" She replied anxiously as he lightly bowed. 

The Grand Duke discreetly grinned triumphantly.

He just nodded his head and stood in front his granddaughter's bedchamber door. He knocked once then pushed the door open. 

His smile broadened when he saw the two sleeping peacefully together with his granddaughter's head nestled on Rafael's chest with a smile on her face. 

Gannon and Rhea were shocked when they saw them but the Grand Duke motioned them to stay quiet. The two were more than surprised with how the Grand Duke reacted.

"Пусть спят , и никто не собирается их беспокоить !" "Let them sleep and no one is to disturb them" he stated calmly as he closed the door quietly and he walked back with buoyancy to his study with smiles plastered on his face.

Gannon and Rhea look at each other with disbelief. They thought the Grand Duke had lost his mind!!

-------

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 81.4K 43
| Sequel to Secret Love | Previously called "The Steadfast Love." "If you are here to give me hope yet again and then ditch me, I'm sorry to t...
551K 19.1K 52
{Completed} Book #1 He finally answered the phone after the third ring. " You wanted to destroy me right ? Don't worry i'll do it for you, i wont di...
3.4K 72 22
Angelo, The worlds most richest CEO in Los Angeles California, He works with ladies that have been cheated on and helps them out by a seductive game...
281K 6.9K 51
"I'm doing this to keep you safe, Alessandra! Can you just stop fighting with me on this! Just go and never come back!" He yelled. I froze in my spot...