These Violent Acts → House o...

By scmmander

They would bow. She would make them bow. (House of the Dragon) (OC x OC) (OC x Aemond) (OC x Jacaerys) (OC x... More

These Violent Acts
ACT 1.
001. Gods Save The King
002. Gods Are Cruel
003. Between Gods and Men
004. The Movements of a Dragon
005. A Damning Letter
007. A Lannister Mystery
008. Murder, She Wrote
009. The Baratheons
010. The Great Stag
011. The Unexpected Expected Visitor
012. A Great Ball
013. Lords and Ladies A Plenty
014. Potential Suitors
015. What's a Party Without a Little Blood?
016. The Passing Of Time
017. The Older Sister Befalls the Fate Of Mother
018. The Two Old Friends, Scheming and Manipulation
019. Moves And Countermoves
020. The Semi-insane and semi-responsible
021. The Art Of The Lie
022. What's a Wedding Without a Bit Of Death?
ACT 2.
023. A sweet return
022. An Expedition For The Ages
023. The Pride of Kings Landing
024. Dealing with Old Lovers
025. Clear-headed
026. Love Never Lost
027. Driftmark
028. Aemond Targaryen

006. A Tully Celebration

1.2K 40 2
By scmmander

Naenya and Jenye walked side-by-side through the halls of Riverrun, whispering something or the other to one another behind cupped hands. One would giggle as the other whispered, only for the roles to swap, and the second would giggle and listen to the first. The two appeared thick as thieves, as though being birthed in the same castle and raised together. To all looking on, princess Naenya had been fast in strengthening her allies. To those looking closer, the sparkle in Naenya's eye spoke of something deeper. Whether Lady Jeyne reciprocated those feelings were more difficult to tell, she held feelings more closely. 

"What about lemon cakes," Naenya said as they arrived at the gardens, "Many young girls love them. Henry could take one to his fiancée. It would get them talking,"

Jeyne hummed, nodding to the servants as they went about their work, "She is an awfully timid girl for a Mallister. I can't imagine her speaking to Henry first. Her timidness might make him sad,"

Naenya shrugged, taking the paper that held all the current activities they would have for the children. 

"I imagine it would be rather daunting. She's only seven," Naenya said, leaving Jeyne to figure out the exact amount of room they'd have in the grassed areas, "Oh, I wouldn't play that game. If she's so timid, a blindfolded Henry is not going to be able to pick her soft voice out of all the girls calling his name,"

"That's true, don't want them starting on the wrong foot," Jeyne agreed, walking towards Naeyna to look at the list herself, "We can set up a board and log for see-saw,"

"Blind Man's bluff might make the two friendly," Naenya offered, marking with her foot where the tables of food would be, "It can be awkward in a funny way sometimes,"

Jeyne nodded along, her attention drawn towards the approaching Lord Grover. Jeyne bowed to her father, watching closely as he made his way towards Naenya. Naenya bowed slightly too, as she was in Lord Grover's hospitality. 

"Princess," Lord Grover gave a polite smile, "I was wondering if you could accompany me on a walk through our home?"

Naenya glanced at Jeyne, who was eyeing her father, "Of course, I would be honoured,"

Lord Grover nodded, offering his arm. 

The two walked into the halls of Riverrun in silence, sending warm smiles and greetings to the servants and fellow Lords. It was only once Lord Grover had guided Naenya into the Riverrun library, a completely emptied room, did the two break their silence.

Naenya sat on a nearby couch, accepting the goblet of water and her favourite lavender tart Lord Grover had offered her. He had been watching her closely.

"I have heard of King Visery's marriage to the young Lady Alicent, be sure to give him my congratulations," Lord Grover began, pouring a cup of wine for himself.

Naenya smiled into her cup. He had waited long enough to bring the topic up. 

"Thank you, Lord Grover. I will be certain to pass on your words," Naenya said, taking another tart for herself, "I am sure he will be pleased,"

Lord Grover nodded, remaining standing for his not-so-subtle interrogation. Naenya couldn't find it in herself to blame him. She had arrived at his home to gain his loyalty, so he had every right to make sure his support was well placed, especially now that her father had a young, fertile new wife who could pop out a male at any second.

Naenya was not stupid.

"How are you feeling about gaining a new mother after having lost your own mother in such a way?" Lord Grover asked, whether he was feigning sympathy for her or not was harder to tell, "Have you even met her before?"

The Tully words echoed through her head. Family. Duty. Honour. There was a reason why the house words began with the words family. 

"While I am still saddened by my mothers death, I cannot hold ill feelings towards my father for wishing to find love," Naenya said, staring at Lord Grover, "I do, in fact, know Lady Alicent, and I am sure she will be a lovely addition to the family. She knows the duty of family well, and I can only hope to help her in her role as Queen and mother,"

Lord Grover nodded, staring into the lit fire as he fell deep into thought. 

"She's awfully young too, the same as your sister princess Rhaenyra, do you think the King will look to grow his family?"

Naenya held in a chuckle. He was finally getting to his point. 

"I can only assume he would, otherwise he would have married an older Lady nearer his age," Naenya said, choosing each word for a reason, "And I, of course, gladen a larger family. Siblings are a rare gift,"

"Do you feel concerned over what could happen if Lady Alicent bears a son?" Lord Grover asked, finally getting to the crux of the matter, "Do you fear how that might threaten your position? Some Lords may wish for a son to take over your position as heir,"

Family. Duty. Honour. 

"I understand why some may feel frightened over the prospect, but I have confidence in my position as heir, and I would only welcome a brother with open arms," Naenya said smoothly, taking another sip of her water, "My only wish would be that he was raised with me, so I might train him to become my Hand, or become a Master of some kind,"

"Some would think that's a fool's decision, that it would be better to cut the problem off at the root," Lord Grover continued his interrogation, finally shifting his gaze from the fire to Naenya. 

Family. Duty. Honour. 

"That may be the easier way for lesser men, but I wouldn't hurl myself into war like some of those before me," Naenya said, returning his gaze with a level one of her own, "I'm sure you can relate, Lord Grover, but family should always be viewed in high regard. You should endeavour to keep family close,"

Lord Grover nodded, evidently pleased with the answers Naenya knew he wanted. 

"But, of course," Naenya continued, Lord Grover watching her in confusion, "Even family must sometimes be reminded of their place,"

Lord Grover stared at her, his shock slowly morphing into understanding. Taking a step backwards, he bowed slightly to her. 

"Of course, princess, you would be right," Lord Grover said, "I thank you for allowing an old man to talk your ear off. My children hardly let me these days,"

Naenya nodded, rising to her feet. Taking a final tart for herself, she strode forward to hand her goblet to the Tully man. 

"It was my pleasure, Lord Grover," Naenya said with a sweet smile, victory radiating off her, "Next time you wish to take a walk, inform me of anything you wish to discuss next time. So I might be prepared to give you my most thoughtful answers,"

Authors typing...

Naenya's learning how to Game of Thrones Universe politic!

Also, Naenya just flat out lying to Grover Tully to make him like her lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 873 19
"𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐝."
72.9K 2.9K 15
𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫, 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞�...
20.3K 439 17
➰ "If you're going to make me a piece in your game don't be surprised if I decide to play." Season one: [House of Dragons]