Born To Be A Star

By Saint_Syd

Rebecca 'Becca' Michaels debuted in NXT 4 months ago under her father, the infamous Shawn Michaels, tutelage... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter Five
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 6

392 9 4
By Saint_Syd

Tuesday afternoon Becca goes through her usual pre-show routine of packing her lavender gym bag with all of her essentials for an NXT show. She stands in front of her closet and rifles through her ring gear. 

"Hmm, which one should I wear tonight?" She asks herself aloud as she looks through the various colors. "Green, Maybe?" Becca picks out the green gear set from the rack and looks it over. "No, maybe the silver one?" She puts it back and grabs another one. 

After about half an hour of deliberation, Becca lands on her gold gear and carefully tucks it away in her bag. She checks to ensure she's got all her stuff and heads down to the arena for the show. 

Becca gets past security at the arena and heads down to the locker rooms. She is uninterrupted on her journey for once and slips into her locker room without any distractions. Becca quickly throws on her gear so that she's got time to do her hair, which she elected to skip at home. But she's got plenty of tools in her bag to make sure that her hair looks cute for the show. 

"Knock knock." A cheerful voice breaks Becca's concentration from the other side of the door. 

"Come in!" Becca shouts, too busy with her hair to get the door. 

Indi pulls the door open with a cheerful smile and walks over to Becca. "Wow, I love that color on you, Becca!" She compliments her friend and impromptu tag partner. "What are you doing with your hair?" She sits down next to Becca with a curious grin. 

"Trying to get a little curl in it," Becca replies. "Which I am terrible at, by the way." She jokes. "But, a girl has to try, right?" 

"Here, let me give it a try, yeah?" Indi gets back to her feet and takes the curling iron from Becca's hand. "I love doing people's hair for them. And I am quite good at it, I'll have you know." She informs Becca with a giggle. 

Becca laughs and adjusts in her seat as Indi steps behind her. "Whatever you say, boss." She giggles. "How are you feeling about our tag match later, by the way? And hey, sorry again that I had to bail on you last week." 

"It's no trouble, really." Indi insists. "You're here now, right? That's all that matters to me, Becca. Now! Turn your head to the left a bit for me." She directs Becca with her free hand.

Becca exhales a small sigh of relief that Indi doesn't seem to be holding a grudge against Becca. If not for Indi, Becca would have very few female friends in NXT. So she's grateful that Indi understands her unique situation. 

While Indi is busy with Becca's hair, someone else knocks on the door. "Wow, I am popular today," Becca comments when she hears the knock. "Come in!" She shouts over Indi quietly humming in her ear while she works. 

"Hey, Becca, Shawn was looking for- Oh, hey Indi." Bron comes through the door a couple of seconds later but stops when he sees Indi. 

"Hey, Bron." Indi nods to him absentmindedly. 

"What about my dad, Bron?" Becca replies, looking at him through the mirror in front of her. 

Bron cautiously walks around Indi and stops at Becca's side. "Your dad is looking for you." He informs her. "What is Indi doing her here? No offense, Hartwell." 

"She's helping me with my hair before our tag match," Becca explains. "Why does my dad need me down in the office? He knows where my locker room is."

"No clue." Bron shrugs. "And since when do you have a tag match tonight?" He asks Becca. 

Becca swats Indi away from her head gently and turns to Bron. "Umm, since last week." She furrows her brows at Bron. "Remember? My dad made me wrestle that match against Nikita Lyons instead of tagging with Indi against Jayce and Gigi." She reminds him. 

"Well I just came from your dad's office and I saw the schedule for tonight," Bron replies. "I didn't see you or Indi on it. Which is probably why he wants to see you." 

"What?" Becca scoffs and gets up from her chair. "Move. Indi, I'll be right back." She stomps out of the room without another word. 

Bron offers Indi a small smile before he dismisses himself and heads after Becca down the hall. 

Becca marches down to Shawn's office looking for some answers. On her way, Grayson just so happens to be meandering by, like he usually seems to be when Becca has something going on. 

"Woah now, where's the fire, sweetheart?" Grayson sees Becca and falls into step with her as she passes him. 

"Not now, Waller." Becca grits her teeth. 

Grayson remains in step with Becca but can tell that somethings got her all riled up. "Damn, who went and pissed you off, Becca?" He asks her casually. 

"My dad," Becca replies sourly. "He's trying to sweep my tag match with Indi under the rug." She seethes. 

"Oooo." Grayson cooes. "Mind if I tag along? I'd love to see you give the old man hell." He asks her. 

"Whatever," Becca replies as she rounds the corner to Shawn's office. 

Grayson trails behind Becca and stops just outside Shawn's office. He's out of sight of the door but is still close enough to hear what's going on inside. Becca storms into the office and Grayson chuckles when he hears her confront her dad. 

"What the hell, dad?!" Becca storms into the office and right up to Shawn's desk. 

Shawn looks up from his work with a calm expression and folds his hands out in front of him. "Becca, there you are. I've been meaning to talk to you all night." He gestures for her to take a seat in the chair next to her. 

"Cut the crap, dad." Becca snaps back at him. "Why in the hell did you cut my tag match with Indi? I promised her that I'd help her with Gigi and Jayce. You've got no right to make me break that promise." She points an accusing finger at Shawn. 

Shawn remains silent for a moment and waits for Becca to calm herself a little bit. Once she doesn't look like she's about to hop across the desk and strangle her father, he speaks. 

"Rebecca, honey." Shawn sighs. "You are the number one contender for Mandy's title belt. It's time that you stop worrying yourself with midcarders like Indi Hartwell and start thinking like a future champion." He informs her in a tone that is all business. "What if you got hurt while wrestling a useless match like that? Then what?"

Becca scoffs, not believing what she's hearing from her dad. "Are you kidding me, dad?" She confronts him. "Do you even hear yourself right now? Your whole career in this business got started when you were in a tag team! Does Marty not count anymore? Or uncle Hunter?"

"I'm just trying to do what's best for you, sweetie," Shawn replies. "And I know that you don't think that it's fair. But this business isn't fair. And it's time that you learned that, Rebecca." He gives Becca a firm look that signals that he's done arguing with his daughter.

Becca turns sharply on her heel and storms out of the office. She rounds the corner and finds Waller leaning up against the wall with a stoic look on his face.

"Well then...that was certainly interesting." He tries his best to lighten the mood. "I mean, it sucks that the old man won't let you tag with Indi and all. It's too bad that you can't just book the match yourself." He flashes a sympathetic frown at Becca.

Becca comes to a stop in the hall, an idea popping into her head. Grayson cracks a smile when he sees the look on her face. "You've got an idea, don't you, doll?" Waller asks Becca.

"Grayson." Becca turns fully towards Waller with a mischievous smile. "What's it going to take for you to do me a favor?" She asks you.

"You? How about lunch this weekend?" Grayson suggests. "And a promise that one day you'll owe me one?"

"That's all?" Becca replies. "Deal." She holds her hand out for Waller to shake.

Waller shakes Becca's hand firmly with a chuckle. "Well, what do I have to do?" He asks her.

"I need to make sure that my dad is distracted for a while," Becca explains. "I don't suppose that you could occupy him for say around, 15 minutes?"

"Easy money." Grayson laughs. "When do you want me to head in?" He asks her. "And what are you planning on doing?"

Becca cracks a scheming grin, already formulating what she'll need to pull this little charade off. "Most of the backstage screw know and trust me blindly already." She explains. "I just go down and inform them that my tag match is back on and my dad was too busy to radio it in."

"Simple yet effective." Grayson nods. "I like it."

"Great! Just give me like a five-minute headstart then go find a way to bug my dad for a bit." Becca repeats her plans. "I'm sure that won't be a problem for you?" She teases Waller.

Waller chuckles and winks at Becca playfully. "You kidding me doll? You don't know the half of it. I can keep the old man on the line as long as you need." He insists with confidence.

"I'm counting on it. Thanks, Grayson. Swing by my locker room later tonight and we can talk That is if my dad doesn't kick you out of the building for wasting his time." Becca giggles at Waller before she heads off to find the backstage crew.

Becca finds the backstage crew and lies to them about there being a change in plans for the show. She nervously watches as one of them attempts to radio Shawn to double-check her claim. But Grayson fulfills his end of the bargain and Shawn doesn't reply to the radio call.

Becca and Indi's match gets put back on the card and Becca quickly grabs Indi from the locker room before anyone can figure out what's happened. 'Thank you, Grayson.' Becca thinks to herself as she picks up Indi from the locker room.

"Indi!" She pokes her head into the locker room. "Come on! Our match is back on and about to start." She grins.

"Really? Awesome!" Indi hops to her feet and the girls make thier way down to the ring.

Grayson finally lets Shawn have some peace after about 15 minutes, just like he promised Becca. He steps out of the office and finds Bron standing by the door with a scowl on his face.

"Waller! What the hell were you doing in there?" Bron confronts him.

Waller plays it cool and shrugs. "Just having a friendly chat with the boss is all, mate." He claims. "Why? What's it to you, champ?"

"What's your deal with, Becca, Waller?" Bron keeps the scowl on his face, arms crossed over his chest as he waits for Grayson to answer him. "Because if you're up to something stupid, I will find out. And then I will kick your ass." He warns him.

"Relax, mate." Grayson chuckles. "I'm just looking to make some friends and have a good time. You should try it sometime, mister stick in the mud."

Bron's scowl deepens and Grayson dismisses himself before Breakker really gets pissed off at him. He heads to the backstage area an catches the last few minutes of Becca and Indi's match. Becca looks like she's having the time of her life in the ring with Indi and it brings a smile to his face seeing her so happy.

"Yes! We won!" Becca and Indi embrace in the middle of the ring after their win.

"Hell yeah!" Indi giggles. "I reckon that we make a pretty good team, Becca!" She breams.

Becca agrees with a nod and the girls head back to the locker room. Becca changes and packs up her things so she can head out. But not before Grayson happens by the locker room like she asked.

"Hey! There's my little winner!" Grayson teases Becca when she answers the door.

"Hey, Grayson." Becca giggles and lets him inside the room. "Thanks again for distracting my dad for me, by the way." She thanks him again. "I promise that if he gets pissed off that you won't be punished for anything."

"That's sweet of you." Grayson chuckles. "But I doubt that Shawn will make the connection. I am way too clever for that." He grins.

Becca giggles and slings her bag over her shoulder. "I'm sure you are." She laughs. "I'm headed out for the night. Walk me out to my car?"

"Sure." Grayson nods and pops back up to his feet.

Becca and Grayson head out of the locker room and out to the parking lot. Unbeknownst to either of them, Bron was about to knock on Becca's locker room door before Waller happened along, and he heard their whole conversation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 276 44
Kayleigh/Leigh had decided to fight in the WWE ever since her father, Eddie Guerrero passed away. She was only 8 years old when he passed and at that...
59.2K 388 11
This is your journey from NXT to WWE main roster with rivals, friends and romance. Rated 18+ lemons will be warned so enjoy.
30.2K 1.1K 44
Becca starts her new job and meets the love of her life. Problem is, he's already with someone. Will things work out for Becca or will her entire lov...
2.8K 57 6
Daniel Cash Boyce has been in the wrestling business since he graduated high school in 2004. He learned as he went, and soon found himself in the Lan...