The Golden Guard/Hunter x Rea...

By LEStanley7206

Welcome to my Goldie x Fem!Reader One-shot book! This is my first time writing something like an "x Reader" s... More

Welcome!
Some Hunter Headcanons
Flowers For Potential Heartbreak
The Phoenix under the Harvest Moon
A Cosmic Christmas (Xmas Special 2022)
Connected by A Flower *Requested Piece*
Hide and Talk *Requested Piece*
A Blissful Blip
1780...
Cramps and Comfort, But Mostly Comfort:
OTP Prompt Generator #1:
Hair and Trauma and Fluff
Replacement or a New Beginning?
Author's Note, Recommend Reading (Tw)
Small Date Night at Home
I-I'm Bisexual...
Belle of the Ball: Grom AU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Celebratory Mini-Party
OTP Prompt Generator #2
Alphabetics
Author's Note: IMPORTANT!
Extra TOH One-shots
Distance to Close: Huntlow One-shot
A Double Surprise: Lumity One-shot
Another Flower in the Garden: Huntlow One-shot
Tension at the Table: Huntlow One-Shot

A Midnight Flight

1.2K 12 24
By LEStanley7206

A/n: Okay, ok... I know I said the next one was gonna be the Christmas-y one, but I was so done with waiting, I wanted to post this old one-shot I wrote before TTT. This was Part 1 of a mini series I was planning where I take situations between some of my Disney Princes and Princesses and make them you and Hunter.

I'm not very proud of this, but I also don't want to keep you waiting for too long. I at least hope you enjoy this. You are Aladdin's role while Hunter is Jasmine's role. A Whole New World Sequence:

Also (C/n) is your Cover up name, like Aladdin is Prince Ali and your Palisman is based on my OC's: a wolf (ironic yes).

Hunter's POV

Everything wasn't going to plan. My uncle wishes for me to marry by the time it is my 18th birthday. None of the suitors of Princesses have been "up to snuff" with my taste. In fact, Princess (C/n) said "I'll win your nephew!" Like, who the heck says that?! But I guess she realized she was wrong and came to set things right. 

(C/n) came up to my balcony on a wolf Palisman. "Listen, before we start with whatever I'm planning here, I'd like to say I'm sorry," she started. "That was highly uncalled for and very inappropriate."

"I understand Miss," I replied. "Many think just because I'm royalty, means I'll just be helpless and have no feelings."

"I'm sorry that I made you feel that way, nor was it my intentions. It was wrong of me, and I'd like to start over... properly this time," C/n said. "Princess C/n, very pleased to make your acquaintance, your highness."

She curtsied. I came over to her and bowed respectively, "The pleasure is all mine." I kissed her knuckles and she blushed slightly. The Palisman nuzzled it's cheek on mine.

"I-It's lovely," I said with a laugh.

"You, uh- You don't wanna go for a ride, do ya?" C/n asked. "My treat, and we could get out of the Castle? See the world?"

I caressed the wolf's cheek. "Is it safe?" I asked.

"Sure. Do ya trust me?" C/n asked.

My head perked up at that phrase. The girl I met and saved me in the Bonesborough Market used that same exact phrase to me. "What?"

C/n extended a hand out to me. "Do you trust me?" She repeated. "What do you have to lose?"

I paused for a second and thought about it. I mean the Princess hasn't really done anything to hurt me, and yes I was a little nervous flying on a Palisman before, given I have never seen one. But, I figured I was in safe hands. "Yes," I replied slowly.

I grabbed her hand and she pulled me aboard. I sat behind her, holding her waist as gently as I could. Her Palisman readied and we zoomed off into the moonlight.

Y/n's POV

Dakota zoomed off to the point my magical head wreath that Eda had conjured up, almost flew off, and the Prince along with it. I grabbed on to it tight and Hunter grabbed me to try and stay on. We smiled at each other.

Hunter looked back to his red pet bird as we flew off, getting higher and higher. He waved goodbye to him and started our adventure. We flew so close to a building Hunter hid behind me in a fear we'd crash, but Dakota knew what she was doing. Then, we were finally over Bonesborough. "I can show you the world! Shining, Shimmering, Splendid. Tell me Hunter, when did you last let your heart decide."

We went for low dips and through the maze of buildings when I grabbed him a flower off a flower box in somebody's dim window. When he noticed the flower he smelled it and his tense  expression seemed to soften. "I can open your eyes, take you wonder by wonder." We flew throughout the central part of the titan. "Over sideways and under on a Magic Palisman Ride! A Whole New World!"

We flew up into the clouds, getting a better look at the world below. Hunter was very intrigued at the view underneath us. Citizens everywhere of every size and shape happy as could be. "A new, fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no or where to go, or say we're only dreaming!"

Dakota flew up and down and through the clouds. I looked at Hunter with shining eyes and a smile. Hunter seemed to keep up with me. "A Whole New World, a dazzling place I never knew, but when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear, now I'm in a whole new world with you."

Hunter threw away the excess cloud that we flew into with a laugh. Dakota swirled up a cloud turning it into a Iced Scream (Boiling Isles version of Ice Scream mentioned in Lulu's letter to Hooty). "Now I'm in a Whole New World with you!" I continued.

We flew through a flock of birds, keeping the pace up with them. "Unbelievable sight, indescribable feeling! Soaring and tumbling, relieving..." Dakota flew us up into the air and let us fall so she could catch us. Hunter seemed to be enjoying the flight, and given it was his second time out of the castle, he was smiling all the way through. "...Through an endless diamond sky! A Whole New World!"

Dakota flew steeply back around the cooler lakes underneath, to which Hunter covered his eyes fearing to crash again. "Don't you dare close your eyes," I said.

"A Hundred things begin!" Hunter cries as I sing, "Hold your breath, it gets better!"

We fly over to the head, seeing the workers help keep it in shape for the Day of Unity, and we wave as we pass by. Unfortunately that wasn't a very good idea distracted some of them. "I'm like a shooting star, I've come so far. I can't come back, I'm in a Whole New World!"

Dakota makes us pass a herd of wild snorses. "Every turn a surprise! With new horizons to pursue! Every moment red-letter." Then, Hunter and I seemed to sync, every moment seemed perfect. "I'll chase them anywhere, there's time to spare. Let me share this whole new world with you."

I grabbed a crab-apple claw off one of the nearby trees and did the cool elbow trick I did to Hunter when we first met in the market. Hunter was surprised at first, but caught it in his lap. "A Whole New World," I said.

"A Whole New World," Hunter repeated.

"That's where we'll be."

"That's where we'll be," Hunter said, sticking his arms out to enjoy the wind.

We looked at each other, still close in proximity, "A Thrilling chase."

"A Wondrous place."

"For you and me," We both said. Hunter placed his head on my shoulder and we intertwined our hands.

------ Small Time Skip brought to you by Amity Gay Panicking ------

We went back to the village of Bonesborough to watch the fireworks show and Hunter was so invested. We sat on the rooves of one of the houses under the midnight sky full of stars. But little did Hunter know I was so invested with him. "It's all so... magical!" Hunter exclaimed in delight.

"Yeah," I said, looking at him. 

Hunter took a look back at the Crab-apple claw I gave him earlier. "It's a shame (Other pet name) had to miss this," Hunter mentioned.

"Nah, (he/she/they) hates fireworks! Doesn't really like flying on a palisman either." I didn't even notice that Dakota had sprung up at my mess up and she started barking. Then I realized what I'd done, "Uh, that is- um- oh no!"

Hunter then took off my magical head wreath Eda made me. "You are the girl from the marketplace I saw earlier this week! I knew it!" Hunter said. "Why did you lie to me?"

"Hunter, I-I'm sorry!" I cried. 

"Did you think I was stupid?" Hunter accused.

"No-"

"That I wouldn't find out?" Hunter continued.

"No. I-I mean... I hoped you wouldn't," I replied. Shit, I had slipped up, again. "No, that's not what I meant!"

"Who are you? Tell me the truth!" Hunter asked with a stern look.

"The truth?" I stuttered. Hunter looked at me with an 'I'm waiting' look.

I tried to come up with an excuse as fast as I could. Obviously I couldn't tell someone I was so close to and in love with that I wasn't really a Princess or that I couldn't marry them even if I want to.

"T-The truth? Um-" I looked to Dakota for help, but she was no use. She sat with this 'I'm eating popcorn and watching drama happen' expression on her snout. "The truth is- I sometimes dress as a commoner.... Um... to escape the pressures of Palace life." I blew a flower from my head wreath out of my face. "But I really am a Princess!" I added quickly.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Hunter inquired.

"Well- You know- uh- Royalty going out into the city in disguise, it sounds kinda strange. Don't ya think?" I asked, referring to earlier this week with Hunter dressing up as some of the common people. I leaned into Hunter. He nudged me back.

"Not that strange," He admitted. He rested his head back on my shoulders and my head by instinct leaned onto his, enjoying the fireworks. This was working out better than expected!

------ Another Small Time Skip, brought to you by Eda's Longest Toe Nails... Ew ------

I flew Hunter back to his room's balcony at the castle and helped him off my Palisman. Dakota flew lower to show I was going to leave, but she stayed close. Hunter leant over the edge of his balcony. "Goodnight, my beautiful Princess," Hunter replied, smugly.

"Sleep well, Prince Hunter," I said back.

We seemed to lean closer to each other, the tension building in the silence. Dakota was already on an idea of what was going on and lifted me up towards Hunter. With that sudden push, we closed the gap between us. Our lips fit into each others like a puzzle piece. We opened our eyes in astonishment at first, but then slowly closed our eyes. I pressed a little bit harder into the kiss, but eventually, Hunter pulled away, slowly, as if teasing.

I couldn't see it, but Hunter blushed as he walked away towards his bedroom. I couldn't help but stare in awe, still processing that I had just kissed Hunter for the first time and it was a wonderful sensation I already missed as much as him. Before Hunter entered his room, Hunter turned back to look at me one more time and waved. I returned his toothy smile with a goofy grin and sighed.

He turned away and I fell off my Palisman with a big "Yes!"

1,777 Words total! I hope you enjoyed that crappy writing. Be sure to go check out my other works! (Published 12/11/2022)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518 26 9
Hunter x reader! Just want to mention that Y/n is neurodivergent. They/them pronouns but feel free to swap with your own! Please comment and I hope y...
42.3K 1.2K 21
(Completed) Burdened with the heavy-weighing title 'Angle of Chaos', you came to the Boiling Isles to escape a harsh past. After the Golden Guard tr...
14.1K 317 36
He's a witch from the Boiling Isles. You are a human from the very world you're reading this in. What would happen if you somehow made it to the worl...
167K 4.5K 35
The reader will be treated as they/them. When the scout y/n became the Raven Watcher everything changed. They were only 14 at the time, many people w...