I Feel You

Bởi cats911511

"Greetings Former Corporal Sully." His head whipped around, nearly jumping out of his skin at the sudden voi... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 6

543 29 0
Bởi cats911511

Tsu'tey found her the next day, scowl present and mood bitter at having to train her. She'd just finished breakfast and was on her way to the choir when he'd dragged her off to train. A training bow was thrust into her hands and she was given three blunted arrows to use in her practice.

"Ready the bow." Having only seen how they hold the bow, pictures of archery contests, and having no combat practice she wasn't surprised when he hissed at her stance and quickly corrected it. He kicked her feet wider, smacking her arm till she raised her elbow up where he wanted it.

"Relax your stomach and shoulders but keep them up."

She tried to do as he instructed, managing to keep her stomach from being too tense but having a hard time relaxing her shoulders while also keeping them back.

"Relax." He hissed, ears pinned back as his tail lashed about. Finally when she'd managed to relax her shoulder enough did he nod and point at a tree for her to shoot.

"Pull all the way back and hold." She hadn't taken into account that bodies, human or otherwise, had to increase their strength and endurance through training. Already as she drew the arrow back to her mouth she could feel the strain on her arm muscles, the limbs shaking.

"Weak."

"I've never had training before so I will be. Just means I need to work harder."

His lips curled in distaste before commanding her to fire. The string snapped back against her inner arm, a sharp sting while the arrow flew only a small distance before falling. Unperturbed she simply grabbed another and returned to her previous stance. She relaxed her stomach, drew back her shoulders in the most relaxed manner she could before pulling the arrow back once more with her elbow straight.

He tapped it higher though before turning her body.

"Don't follow the target with your body." Just your hands going unspoken. When her arms began to shake again, tremors racing through them that she could not hold back did he have her shoot.

The string still snapped back against her arm, not as hard but still there. The arrow went a bit farther but still remained in the ground rather the tree. This continued throughout the day, string still snapping against her purpling arm despite her best attempts at preventing it, arrows falling short of the tree. Finally he grew too mad with her lack of progress and dismissed her with a hiss, leaving to do something.

Despite him dismissing her though she stayed, continuing to shoot arrows only when it felt like she could no longer hold them. Form getting more relaxed yet remaining in the form he had her hold. That was where Ralu found her, the Na'vi not noticing her at the evening dinner.

"Shouldn't you be practicing with a teacher?"

"He grew tired of my poor performance so he left. I think I've gotten better though." To emphasize her point she released the arrow once more, string no longer hitting the large bruise on her arm. The arrow didn't go quite where she wanted but it did hit the tree, just a little ways below where she wanted.

"You've still got a way to go but it is good. Come though, you are missing the evening meal and no doubt didn't eat around mid-day." Her stomach agreed, a small gurgle coming from it much to his amusement.

"It seems I lost track of the day. Thank you for fetching me."

"Don't just thank me. Amhul was looking for you as well."

"I'll have to thank her when I see her then." The older Na'vi turned at their approached, eyes racking over Gene with an approving look as she passed her a handful of Teylu and a piece of Hexepede.

"So you were not killed. Good I have someone I want you to meet after you eat."

"Thank you. Are they a friend of yours?"

"Yes. You wished to learn our other jobs so I spoke with her and she agreed to let you help them tomorrow."

"I look forward to learning from her."

"See that you don't waste their time."

After she'd eaten her fill Amhul took her aside to approach a Na'vi women with several intricate braids falling down her back. She turned at their approach, eyes racking over Gene as though seeing just what use she could have for her.

"I see you." Gene greeted, using the appropriate hand gesture to match. If the women's slight smile was anything to go off of it seemed she approved of her in that regard.

"This is the walker who wishes to learn about us?"

"Yes. Ikeyni this is Gene."

"I see you Gene."

"I see you Ikeyni. I look forward to learning what you have to teach."

"I expect you up early tomorrow then and by the cooking pot by first light."

"Understood." With one last look Ikeyni excused herself and allowed Gene to rest.

When she returned to her home body though she noted that Grace wasn't around and instead Quarich had her on his desk.

"Greetings colonel Quaritch. How can I be of assistance?" The man continued to sharpen his blade, paying her no mind as she waited, light beginning to trail over to edges of the cube.

"Gene, play recorded material from hometree."

"My apologies but you do not have authorization for those file. Is there something else I can help you with?"

"You better check your information again damn machine.  I received authorization from your creator."

"I have not had a chance to check my data. Please give me a moment to search." She had no memory of Grace giving the military of Pandora authorization, the only times she mentioned them being when she cursed them out.

"I am unable to find the authorization. Do you have the email or a password that was given?"

"Here's the email. Read it and play the videos." While addressed to Quaritch, the origin was from Dr. Lee.

"There's seems to be a error in your information. My creator was not Dr. Lee, but one Dr. Grace Beck. Dr. Lee regularly bothered my creator and attempted to steal me during my early stages. You do not have authorization to see the videos. If you have any more questions I would be more than happy to answer them provided you do not need authorization."

"So he lied? Slimy bastard."

"That would be a fair assessment.  Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

"What is your creators email?"

"Dr. Beck passed away from lung cancer April 7th six years ago on earth. Tom Sully was the one who chose to send me to Pandora to learn and continue Dr. Beck's intention for me. Her ashes reside on the avatar I drive."

"Who do you answer to then?"

"The only person with authorization on the base is Dr. Augustine as per Tom Sully's instruction. Those with Authorization may give and revoke authorization at their discretion." He snarled, knife a hair breaths from piercing through her home box when a knock on the door interrupted them. Before he could give them permission though Grace strode in with a furious look. 

She grabbed Gene's box, cussing at Quaritch even as she marched out of his office. The scientist that had been following her shrunk back as she stormed back to her office.

"What right does he have to enter my office and riffle through my research."

"He had none Grace. Would you like me to password lock your office from others?" Already she was lighting up another cigarette, blowing out a puff of smoke before turning to the glowing box.

"What did he want with you?"

"Colonel Quaritch requested access to my recordings of the hometree. As the only person with authorization to view those videos I denied him access to them."

"Where are they stored?"

"The videos are stored inside my home box among other confidential information and logs made by the avatar drivers." Grace froze from her pacing then, looking at Gene.

"I didn't give you a command to do that."

"No, however several logs were flagged for going against my protocol so I locked down access to them. Would you like to view the logs?"

"Whose logs are they?"

"Jake Sully's." Grace wanted to strangle to Colonel. Not only did he have his fingers all over her program, now he was using one of her most important drivers. One of the two allowed back among the Omatikaya clan. At least she had Gene, an A.I. What was her world coming to?

"What part of their protocol did they go against?"

"Dr. Beck programed me to prioritize life. The information Jake spoke about put the lives of the Omatikaya in danger, thus I flagged the logs and restricted them. Would you like me to unlock them?"

"I'd rather you deleted them." She grumbled before freezing as the light on the box dimmed.

"Was that an order Grace?" She hadn't realized it before, how casual Gene was at time. The A.I had given it's voice a lift to impersonate emotion. To make itself seem more open. Now though. It was blank, impersonal and cold. More like a machine.

"No. Keep them stored for now and update me if there is any change."

"Understood Grace." There was the lift again. The faux emotion. Just what had Tom gotten her into?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

282K 7.3K 10
Tsu'tey X male oc Zen Sully is the younger brother of twins Jake and Tom Sully. After their brother's death, Jake, a wheelchair bound marine, and Ze...
519K 11.2K 15
Jake isn't the only disabled one in the Sully family. Angelina Sully was born deaf but this never hindered her from going far in the world. Angel and...
94.8K 2.9K 34
Eiwa. That's her name. A name given to her by her Pandora-obsessed mother. One who had made sure that her own daughter will take her place once she i...
1.3K 1 2
Being born amidst the stars with only knowledge to engulf her interests. Stories from two different planets, giving her two different perspectives. ...