SERENDIPITY: A DEVDUTT PADIKK...

By gulabjamun37

Meera Joshi, a 24 year old Sports Physiotherapist. Devdutt Padikkal, a 25 year old cricketer at RCB and Indi... More

Character Aesthetics.
1.Graduation๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŽ“
2.A new day๐Ÿช
3. Opportunity
4. 2000's songs and scooter rides
5. Recruitment
6. Introduction
7. Pool Sesh
8. The Harry Potter Connection
9. Match Day
10. Market, Meera and Mumbai
11. Gym Accident
12. Karle Tu Bhi Mohabbat
13.Embraces and Envy
14. Dev Toh Bachha Hai Ji.
15. Mumbai to Pune
16. Stars and Hugs
17. Potential Sasural
18.Pune Darshan (Part 1)
19. Pune Darshan (Part 2)
20. Dance Party
21. Him Over Me
22. The Conflict
23. Tere Bina Jiya Jaye Na
24. Happy Discovery
25. Goodbye
26. Bliss
27. Partners In Crime
28. Best Birthday Ever
29. Bangalore Darshan Part 1
30. Bangalore Darshan Part 2
31. Serendipity
33. Ganpati Bappa Morya
34. How Will I Get My Reward?
35. Meera's Birthday
36. Shaadi Ghar
37. Haldi Ka Rang Gehra Hai
38. Real Conversations
39. Completing The Circle
40. Dev Ki Dulhaniya
41. You, Me and Archie
Epilogue
Thank You

32. Moments Like These

969 55 21
By gulabjamun37

दिल से थी मेरी, एक शर्त ये ऐसी
लगे जीत सी मुझको, ये हार है कैसी ✨

Its strange, the way one's most wanted wish can really do come true.
Meera had wished for Dev to be hers everytime she got a chance.
And now when he had confessed, her world turned upside down in an instant.
It was as if some barren land was finally freed from being parched.

Meera had always known that Dev is just a crush and when the time comes, she would have to focus on her real life but dwelling into fallacy never failed to amaze her.
Meera vividly remembered the fake scenarios she had made up with Dev, whenever she imagined herself as the main character of some Wattpad fanfiction about Dev.

When he went on his knees, Meera initially thought he was pranking her.
But the moment she looked into his eyes, she could see an ocean of genuineness.

Meera couldn't wait to scream at the top of her lungs and announce to the whole world that her heartfelt wish had been fulfilled.

She wondered what Dev saw in her.
Meera loved herself enough to know that she was beautiful, confident, smart and self sufficient.
She wanted to know what Dev liked in her.

"Tumne kya dekha mujh me?" Meera asked Dev as he drived.
"My personal brand of heroin" Dev giggled.
"Ewe please don't become Edward Cullen" Meera scrunched her face in disappointment.

"Achha achha I'll tell. The fact that you love yourself before you're ready to love someone is really intriguing." Dev emphasised on the word 'really'.
"Whenever someone tells you, you're pretty, you say, I know right!" Dev imitated Meera and she just smiled.
"That's enough to convey the confidence and self love. I love confident women." Dev had answered Meera's question satisfactorily.

"Aur ek baat, you're also a good listener. Even though tum bohot bakbak karti ho, you're equally attentive when you listen to someone and you're my go to person because I can talk to you about anything and you'll never judge."

"I'm not a Judge to judge." Meera tried to be humorous.
"Wow Meera! My stomach hurts laughing!" Dev's voice laced with sarcasm.

"You'll have to listen to my bakbak patiently and I'll listen to you patiently." Meera said sweetly.
"Tumhari bakbak nahi suni to din achha nahi jaata."
"Pagal" Meera hit Dev on the shoulder.
"Sirf tumhare liye." Dev said cheesily and Meera blushed while she shook her head.

After they reached home, Dev secretly gestured his parents with a thumbs up and they understood the message.
At lunch, Dev's parents brought up the topic of them being together.

"So Meera, kya tumhare ghar pe pata hai Dev ke baare mein?"
Meera was shell shocked and choked on her food. Dev rubbed her back.

"Matlab? Mein samjhi nahi." Meera gulped down the water Chandni had offered her.
"Matlab kya unhe pata hai ki tum Bangalore ki bahu banne wali ho?"
Meera stopped midway and looked at Dev with a treacherous expression while he just shrugged.

"They know?" Meera questioned.
"We were the ones who asked Dev to propose to you as soon as possible kyu ki ye to bolne nahi wala tha." Dev's mother chimed in.
"Bolne nahi wala that matlab?!" Meera's voice went a decibel high and she looked at Dev who was trying to clarify the misunderstanding.
"Meera, its not like that, I was scared of the outcome so I was going to delay it slightly." Dev justified his point.

"Are meine hi isse bola ki you're going to Nandi Hills and that's the perfect spot for a proposal." Chandni revealed and Meera's face lit up in a smile.
"You guys!" Meera hid her face in her palms while everyone laughed.
"Welcome to the family!" Dev's father cheered and everyone clapped their hands.

In the afternoon, Meera was sleeping in the bedroom when Dev sneaked in and locked the door.
He laid beside Meera and hugged her from behind.
Meera felt someone's presence and she found Dev's hand around her waist.
She got up with electric speed and Dev felt the abrupt movement.

"Dev! What the hell are you doing here?" Meera asked in a panicky-hushed voice.
"What? Spending time with my girlfriend? Also this is my bedroom." Dev was nonchalant.
"Dev this is you house! Your parents Chandni sab yaha hai. What if they walk in anytime?" Meera looked at the door and saw that it was locked.
"Dev, you seriously locked the door?! Ab to pakka unhe pata chalega." Meera had properly panicked.

"Amma, Achan aren't home and Chandni has gone to the Court. Its only you and me baby." Dev giggled.
"Thank God Dev! You scared me!!" Meera returned to normalcy and laid on the bed with her hand supporting her head.
"Waise don't you have practice? Yaha kya kar rahe ho?"
"Hai jo iraade bata du tumko, sharma hi jaogi tum" Dev sung a line from a Hindi song and simultaneously got closer to Meera but she pushed him away.
"Koi mujhe bachao!" Meera fake screamed in a funny way.
"Ghar mein to koi hai nahi." Dev countered her.

"So jao aur sone do." Meera pleaded as she slipped back into the blanket.
Dev got into the blanket too and hugged her from behind. Her feet were cold so Dev entangled his feet with her.
"Your beard." Meera scowled while Dev tickled her cheek with his beard.
"Aadat daal lo." Dev snuggled closer.
"Oh God, perfect Lipton Green Tea type!" Meera chuckled.

Meera abruptly jerked up on hearing a loud bang on the door.
"Dev wake up, Amma Achan will return anytime." Chandni said from behind the door.
Meera opened the door and Chandni barged in.
"Ye abhi bhi soya hai? I'll wake him up!" Chandni started shaking Dev vigourously and he pulled the blanket over his head.
"Go away, or I'll spoil your favorite dress!" Dev who was almost asleep, warned Chandni and turned to his side.
Meera couldn't help but laugh at the scene before her.

Chandni pulled his blanket down and whispered in his ears, "Dev, Meera left for Pune."
Dev woke up with a jolt and asked bewildered,
"What?! She left? She can't!"
"Ae bavlat, I'm still here. Chandni said that only to wake you up." Meera chuckled.
"I'm going to kill you!" Dev shouted as he flipped the blanket and ran behind Chandni.

Dev and Meera were in the car for a night drive.
It was pouring heavily and the radio was playing songs in the background.
As if the rain knew how to set up the perfect mood, Bheegi Bheegi Raaton Mein started playing.
Meera sang along while she watched the blur lights and cars on the road.
She traced the water droplets on the glass with her fingers and mindlessly drew shapes.

"I see you like the rain." Dev sort of questioned.
"Yep I love the rain." Meera affirmed.
"I like the rain too but I hate it when it gets all muddy and wet." Dev scrunched his face in disgust.
"You know, Pune looks very beautiful from the top of Parvati when it's raining crazily. Hum kitne baar jaate the."
"Rohit and I used to just idly roam on a scooter while it rained." Meera added.
Dev's face turned stoic on hearing Rohit's name.
"What? Dev don't behave so immature." Meera clearly disapproved of  his reaction.
"I.Don't.Like.Him" Dev reiterated emphasizing on each word.
"Jealous and childish." Meera remarked.
"Jaisi jiski soch." Dev countered.

"In for some filter coffee?" Dev asked Meera as the car stopped at the signal.
"Sureee."
Dev handed two cups of filter coffee to Meera and stopped the car under a tree.
"You know agar abhi bijli giri to we'll die." Meera looked up and stated.
"I'll happily die with you." Dev joked.
"When did you get so filmy?" Meera wondered.
"Bass yun hi."

"I'll miss this filter coffee." Meera sipped on her coffee.
"Mat jao na, please." Dev requested softly. She sighed and placed her palm on Dev's cheek.
"I don't want to, ever! But they say na, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.' Its just a matter of months and we'll meet again!"

"Months!!! How would I survive? I've grown so used to you being around ki last month was very difficult and abhi to its going to be more difficult." Dev sighed loudly.
"Only a few years na, when we get married, I'll be with you forever." Meera comforted him.

"Till then, I'll give you something to remember me by."
Meera propped herself on her knees on the car seat and leant in closer to Dev's face.
She cupped his face in her palms and kissed his right cheek.
"This one's for when you watch YJHD without me."
She kissed him on the left cheek next.
"This is for when you listen to some song that reminds you of me."
Meera kissed him on the nose saying, "This is for when you drink Chai in my absence."
She kissed his forehead after, "This is for the time when you miss me alot."

Meera paused and looked into his eyes which intently stared into hers.
Dev was in oblivion the whole time and all of this felt surreal to him.
She smiled and connected her lips to his.
The kiss was a passionate one and Dev poured all his emotions into it.
"This one was for summing it all up." Meera said after they broke apart.

"I love you." Dev said while interlacing their fingers.
"I love you 3000." Meera chuckled as she answered.

_________________________________________

Have y'all ever wondered what Meera looks like to me?
Here you go

Isn't she pretty? 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 4.6K 26
After India loses the semi final of WC 2019, suddenly out of nowhere match fixing allegations are presented with proof against Virat, and BCCI bans h...
21.1K 2K 23
Shivay Singh Oberoi a cricketer meet Anika Mathew a gynaecologist. Both meet up unexpectedly in a Starbucks in england. She came here for world docto...
43.1K 2.6K 53
๐™ฐ๐š— ๐šŽ๐š•๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐š’๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š’๐šœ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐š“๐šž๐šœ๐š ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐šŠ ๐š–๐š˜๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›.. ๐™ท๐š˜๐š  ๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š™๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šœ ๐š๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š’๐š›...
Destined Together By Ara

General Fiction

5.8K 291 14
A young cricketer Devdutt Padikkal , plays for India and for RCB in IPL. Ms. Aarya Shrivastav she is a physiotherapist and a surgeon. They couldn'...