Myth to Reality (Male reader...

By Nevan-UniverseDragon

(A little side project to give you all something to read) Everyone one is told of fairy tales as a child. Som... More

Ghost 1
Ghost 2
Ghost 3
Ghost 4
Ghost 5
Ghost 6
Ghost 7
Ghost 8
Ghost 9
Ghost 10
Ghost 11
Ghost 12
Ghost 13
Ghost 15
Ghost 16
Ghost 17
Ghost 18
Ghost 19
Ghost 20
Ghost 21
Ghost 22
Ghost 23

Ghost 14

1.3K 40 16
By Nevan-UniverseDragon

Y/n and Morrigan had soon entered the latter's room, which doubled as an office. The room was quite large, with a bed that could house seven or more people in it. A walk in closet to the left hand side of the room. To the right a large desk with a bunch of papers either stacked or scattered.

Morrigan walked up to the bed as she sat down at the edge of it, patting the spot to her left for the boy to sit. He soon did so as they sat in a comfortable yet tense silence.

She placed a hand to his head, bringing it closer as she leaned her own on top of his. The two stayed like this until the lust queen spoke. "Is this about what you've been up to?"

"Yeah..." Was all he could say at first, before leaning more into her embrace. "I want to keep the girls safe, its why I brought them here.. And I ain't letting Varkus get his hands on them"

"You know, I've been meaning to ask since I first found you...This Varkus, he's who paired you with the rider way back when, right?" She asks, lightly, poking his temple.

He could only nod again as a memory of his childhood came up. It was a memory of a younger Y/n running away from the burning home, where his first family had lived.

The boy ran through the woods, scraps and cuts littering his skin as tears ran down his cheeks. He ended up tripping over a tree root, and began tumbling down a hill till he hit the ground with a thud, and a crack.

The boy cried out in pain as he held his right arm, feeling the bone had snapped as he sat up, loosing the strength to stand. "Finally caught up with you" A familiar voice spoke as the boy looked up with fear in his eyes.

The man before him was none other than Varkus, looking like he hadn't aged a day. The boy moved back till he hit a tree, scared out of his mind.

"I saw you running after my little experiment failed" The envy demon said, slowly walking towards the boy as he held a device in his hand. "That old panda was a little to sane and ended up bursting into flames"

The boys eyes widened, eyeing the device, along with the demon that kept getting closer. "You-...."

"While the result wasn't what I expected, it was still a good first test" The demon crouched down after getting close enough, grabbing the collar of the boys shirt so he couldn't move, not like he could. "But that got me thinking"

A sinister smile came to the demons face before he pressed a button of the device, three panels opened in the middle to show a chaotic flame in a small cylinder, and a needle protruding from the bottom.

"What if I give him to someone who's on the verge of breaking? Shall we test this kid?" He asks before jamming the needle into Y/n's abdomen, a choked scream coming from the boy.

He was then injected with the chaotic flame as Varkus pulled the device out and took a few steps back. The boy was screaming in agony as his body began to smoke.

The boys arm had fixed itself with a few sickening cracks as pieces of his skin began burning away. The boy was horrified as he watched his arms and hands catch fire in spots at first. He smacked them on the ground to put them out, only to finally slam both fists into the ground. He watched as both hands exploded into flames and ash, seeing the burning skeleton beneath.

He felt the searing heat in his face as he saw his vision brighten a little. He covered his face as he screamed into his skeletal hands as his entire head was slowly catching flames.

Varkus meanwhile, watched on with a since of accomplishment. He saw the boy turned to him, and the sight made the demon giddy with excitement. The boys left side was also most completely devoid of skin and flesh, leaving only the void eye socket.

The boy stared in pain and hatred at the demon, an orange orb in his left socket that stared at the demon with intense fury. "I hope to see great things from you kid. See you soon"

The demon began walking away, leaving the boy screaming for him to come back in a more demonic tone. The memory soon ended as the boy stared at his hands.

"And I've been trying to find him ever since, to make him pay for what he did..." He clenched his fists as they shook in anger, before his moth held them in her grasp to calm him down. "Had either of us been anywhere but Ionia, you probably wouldn't have taken me in"

Morrigan stayed silent, taking everything in as she held her boy close. "At least I understand why you left when you did" She moved her hand up, softly caressing his locks of hair.

"I don't think I'll ever stop apologizing for that...I'm sorry- ack" He apologized again, only to be lightly flicked by his mother in the forehead. He looked up at her as she wore a loving smile.

"I've already forgiven you long ago" She tells him, seeing him gain a sad smile. She cupped his cheeks in her hands before planting a kiss to his forehead. "I'm just glad your safe"

The two shared a smile before they embraced each other in a hug. The two sat there in silence until Morrigan gained a smirk now that mood had lightened. "So~ You gonna tell me who'a got your eye yet~"

She could feel him groan into her shoulder, causing her to giggle as they both pulled away. Y/n had a light blush on his face as he was yet again embarrassed. "I already told you that they are just friends of mine mom"

"You can't lie to your own mother Y/n~ come one! Which one is it?! I know one of them caught your eye!" She soon began listing various reasons for each of the girls to see if he would spill.

As she was doing that, Y/n eyed one of the full body mirrors in the room, seeing the rider without his flames just leaning against the mirrored wall. He hasn't said anything at all aside from his comment he made in the throne room.

Morrigan caught his look before staring to the mirror as well, only seeing what any other person could see. She then made a suggestion. "Why don't you leave him with me for a minute, I kinda want a word with him as well"

This confused the boy as he looked up at his mother, like she was asking an impossible question. "Mother you know we still don't have control over how long he can leave my body"

"Nonsense dear. I know you two have pretty much become one over the span of your shared time. But trust me when I say, it won't be long" She reasons with her son.

"Just listen to her Y/n. I'll be back with you before we have to go" The rider finally inputs, as he looked to them through the mirror.

"Besides, you should go say your fair well to the girls before heading off" Morrigan ruffles his hair for a moment as he thinks about it. He then nods as he stands up from the bed.

"Alright, try not to take to long" He says to the rider mostly as him and his mother held a firm grasp of each others hands. A stream of flames flowed from Y/n to Morrigan as the rider was transferred over. "I love you mom"

"I love you to sweety" The two shared another quick yet tight hug before Y/n had left the room. Morrigan looked to the mirror, to now see the rider staring at her. "Any other new developments I should be worried of?"

"No. Not with the boy at least. Considering the seal on him has been kept strong all these years, we won't need to worry" The rider says, with the lust queen letting out a sigh of relief.

"I know he has his questions. I can tell from you he starting thinking of who his real father is again. It pains me that we can't tell him anything" Her eyes averted to the ground as she remember the man and his words vividly.

"However, I'm sure you felt it as well" She looked back to the rider, knowing what he meant. "His eye was stollen from the greed realm. And I have reason to believe it was Varkus"

"Which would also explain why Y/n wanted to keep anybody close out of harms way" She lets out a heavy sigh, rubbing her temple a little. "At least I'll have something to bring to the meeting"

"The emergency Sin rulers meeting" The rider had clarified. It was a meeting in which the rulers of the sin realms would be called in incase of an emergency. "I don'r imagine that going over smoothly"

"I don't either...promise me you'll keep him safe for me" She asks the rider, giving him a menacing smile only a mother could give. "Unless you want some punishment Zara~"

"We both know how that turned out last time I was alive and sane. And quit with the damn nickname, you know I don't like it" He growled at the lust queen before huffing a little. "But I do promise that I will keep him alive"

With their talk now finished, Morrigan began walking to find Y/n. Who was currently with the girls in their new living space. "Can't you at least take a break? There shouldn't be a rush for you to go this quickly" Ahri voiced out, worried for the boy.

"I know none of you want me to go just yet but, I can't sit back on this any longer. You of all people should know how serious this is" Y/n reasoned as he gently placed his hands on the kitsune's shoulders.

Her ears laid flat against her head as she lowered her head. She knew he was right, and she couldn't stop him from going, none of them could. So instead, she simply hugged him, burying her face in his chest.

The boy hugged her as well, running his hand along her back to reassure her that things would be alright. The two soon separated as he said his goodbyes to them before leaving the room.

However, upon getting at least seven feat from the door, he felt someone gently snag his wrist as he was forcefully turned around. Only be hugged rather tightly from Evelynn herself. "Can we really not convince you?"

Hearing her saddened tone tugged at his heart, the two shared their embrace as they stood there. "I'm sorry Eve, but you heard what I said"

Her answer was her tightening her hold on him. The two then looked each other in the eyes, and she could the guilt in his own for having to leave them.

"At least promise....promise me you'll come back in one piece. That once your done you'll let yourself rest?..."She asks of him, keeping her arms wrapped around him.

He hesitated to answer, considering he had no way of knowing how this whole operation would go. "No guarantees but, I'll try my best"

She seemed satisfied with that answer. She had caught him by surprise when she snagged a quick kiss to his lips. "I'm holding you to it" With that, she gave him one more quick hug before heading back to the bedroom.

Y/n could only stand there in shock as he felt his cheeks heat up. He had failed to notice that his mother was now behind him with a smug smile on her lips. "You sure she's just a friend?~"

The boy couldn't answer for a moment, processing what just happened, since that kiss felt pretty genuine to him. "I'm starting to question that myself.."

The queen of lust could only giggle as she placed a hand on his shoulder, the rider being transferred back to the boy. "Let us get going partner"

"Right" the boy shook his head a little before turning to his mother. "Take care of them for me while I'm away. I don't know how long I'll be gone"

"Don't worry dear, I promise they will be safe under my watch" The two embraced each other in a hug, with Morrigan kissing his cheek. "Alright, get going. Momma loves you"

"I love you to Mom, be safe" He tells her before he walked off down the corridor.

She watched her son go, a sad smile forming on her lips. Remembering her conversation with the rider prior to them leaving her room. "I should be telling you that my sweet boy.."

(Alright! Another chapter done and dusted! I was totally not crying while writing this chapter, none of you have proof. Anyhow! With that being said. Leave a vote, leave a comment, and I'll see you all in the next one! Ciao!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 352 37
This is an original story done by me. Character images and videos are not. Thank you
43.2K 815 30
Runeterra, a world filled with wild fantasies people could only dream of. The world is in a more modern era as of now, and there have been conflicts...
47.5K 1K 18
WARNING: Contains 18+ content. Reader discretion is advised. Mana. It is a mysterious life force energy that binds the universe together. It flows th...
430K 7.6K 43
Disclaimer I don't own any of the pictures in the story or any of the characters used. In this world everyone has powers with an exception of a few t...