When It Rains In Ocala

By writerbug44

Never was there a girl so innocent, so good. So clueless to how this world works. She fell hard and fast for... More

1- Remember When We Met
2- Remember When I Called
3- Remember The Dance
4- Remember How You Blush
5- Remember Our First Kiss
6- Remember Our Second Date
7- Remember When I Wrote
8- Remember When You Answered
9- Remember The Date
10- Remember When I Met Your Dad
11- Remember The Lake
12- Remember The Field
13- Remember Your Friends
14- Remember The Backseat
15- Remember The Shooting Star
16- Remember Cody's Party
17- Remember The Truck
18- Remember When We Camped
19- Remember That Smile
21- Remember The Shopping
22- Remember The Drive
23- Remember Splash Mountain
24- Remember The Search
25- Remember My Birthday
26- Remember The Tears You Cried
27- Remember The Bad Part
28- Remember When I Packed
29- Remember The Memories
30- Remember The News
31- Remember Emily
32- Remember The Talk
33- Remember When We Promised
34- Remember The Risk
35- Remember Me
36- Remember Our Forever
37- Remember The Note
38- Remember When It Rained In Ocala
My Goodbye </3
One Shot- mle160

20- Remember The Surprise

68.9K 1.9K 639
By writerbug44

There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.
-Charles Morgan

“Wow.”

“I know.” I squealed as Brendon inspected my new heart locket as I gloated about it to him and told him about my night. Of course, I left out all the kissing and what we’d done when we got back to his house. But I did tell him about the stuff that Evan had gotten me and what I got him and how romantic all of it was.

“Can’t you do this girly stuff with Hanna? I don’t like you squealing in my ear.” He whined, sitting back down on the couch with his bowl of cereal. It was two in the afternoon, though, so I didn’t know why he was eating cereal instead of lunch. He’s so weird.

“But I want to tell you.” I chirped.

“Well, I’m honored and all, but please don’t.”

“Fine.” I sighed dramatically, standing up from the couch and walking past him and up the stairs into my room, where the framed note was now hanging up above my desk right beside the polaroid of me and Evan dancing that first night- I’d taped it onto the wall a few weeks ago.

I opened my laptop just seconds before a message from Skype popped up- it was Hanna.

HannaBanana: TELL ME EVERYTHING!

I giggled at that, but curiosity was eating at me, as well, considering we haven’t used our Skype accounts for years unless it was an emergency. Usually, we just texted or called each other.

MaggieBear: No phone?

HannaBanana: Don’t change the subject!

HannaBanana: P.S. My dad took it away.

MaggieBear: What’d you do?

HannaBanana: Stop it! Tell me about last night, I want to know every single detail!

MaggieBear: Okay, well we went out to the field that we were in when we said the L word, and then we sat down and I gave him that dog chain and he gave me the note that he wrote me asking me to be his girlfriend, only he framed it, and that heart locket that I know you know about. And we listened to music and watched the stars and then we went back to his house. The end.

HannaBanana: That is so cute! I swear, you need to find me his twin brother because I want my own Evan! I about melted at how cute this was when he asked me to help him pick out your necklace and it was so hard not telling you. Anyway, how is that the end? Didn’t you have sex?!

I rolled my eyes, she’s so blunt and personal… but that’s why I love her, I guess.

MaggieBear: We did, why do you care?

HannaBanana: When DON’T I care? I’m Hanna, I always care. I need to know more, actually. How many times? Did you go down on him?

MaggieBear: Why are you freaking out? It’s not like it was my first time.

HannaBanana: ANSWER.

MaggieBear: You’re impossible. Twice and yes. Happy?

HannaBanana: Oh, you whore! Anyway, I’ll see you tonight, right?

MaggieBear: What’s tonight?

HannaBanana: You don’t know?

MaggieBear: Know what?! What’s going on tonight?

HannaBanana is now offline

I frowned in confusion, I had no idea of something happening tonight. At least, I don’t think I have any plans for tonight. I checked my phone and had nothing on my calendar, but I don’t really use the calendar on my phone anyway, so that wasn’t much help. Oh well, guess I’ll find out.

For the rest of the afternoon, I spent my time texting Aaron, Marissa, and Evan and after asking every one of them what was happening tonight, none of them had any ideas.

When my dad got home at around six from the dental office, I went downstairs to see what we were having for dinner, but he walked into the living room with an excited smile on his face.

“What’s going on?” I asked curiously as Cody hurried into the living room behind my dad.

“We’re going out to dinner.” He announced. “Go get dressed, we’re leaving soon.”

“O-kay.” I mumbled, very confused. Dinner? Is that what Hanna was talking about this afternoon? “Why?”

“We have some news.” Brendon filled in from the couch. “And we don’t have too much time, so hurry.”

“Alright, I’m going.” I appeased them both and hurried up into my room. I got dressed in dark skinny jeans and a loose purple tank top and straightened my hair before hurrying back downstairs.

“So where are we going?” I asked as I filed into the car with Cody, Brendon, and my dad.

“Andy’s Pizza.” My dad said nonchalantly.

I grinned at that. Andy’s Pizza was the place that me and Evan went to when we went into town when we first met. “What’s the occasion?” I asked curiously.

“Because pizza is awesome!” Cody cheered beside me. “Evan loves pizza too! Can Evan come with us, Daddy? Please, can he?!”

“Evan’s coming, Buddy.” My dad said with a smile.

“He is? What on earth is going on?” I demanded.

“I told you.” Brendon said in an exasperated voice. “We have something to tell you.”

“Is it good?” I asked warily.

“Yes, it’s good.” He laughed.

I sighed heavily and pulled out my phone, texting Evan to see if he knew what was going on. He responded saying no, but he was on his way to Andy’s as well, but neither Jason or Laura were telling him anything either. I texted Hanna next, assuming that she knew what was going on, but she wouldn’t text me back. Either she was still grounded from her phone, or she was avoiding me. Marissa didn’t respond to my text either, so I knew something was definitely going on here.

And no amount of prodding on the subject would force Brendon or my dad to open up, and of course, they didn’t tell Cody anything, knowing that he keeps secrets just as well as Aaron keeps it in his pants.

When we finally arrived in front of the pizza place and I anxiously got out of the car, along with my brothers and my dad and walked inside.

“We have a reservation.” My dad spoke to the waiter.

I snorted. “Since when do you need a reservation at Andy’s?” I asked incredulously.

My dad grinned at me. “Since we’re going to dinner with over twenty people, Maggie.”

“Jeesh, Mags. Can you be a little patient?” Brendon whined.

“Twenty people?” I croaked, ignoring Brendon. “But why-“

“Maggie.” Brendon snapped. “Shut up.”

I rolled my eyes and hit his arm lightly. “You shut up.”

“Do not start that.” My dad warned us as the waiter led us into another room that I’d never been in. It was separated from the rest of the restaurant by a glass divider and a door, and I could tell that it was the party room. Whatever they were telling me, it was big.

Once we got inside, Hanna was there with her dad, Jeff, and Amy with both of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Baker.

“What the heck is going on?” I demanded both girls who were sitting on one side of the table while their parents were sitting on the other.

They both grinned at me. A sly grin that told me that I wasn’t getting any information out of them either.

“Okay, fine.” I sighed, sitting down across from Hanna. “Don’t tell me.”

“Weren’t going to anyway, doll face.” Amy teased.

I rolled my eyes and saw Aaron come in with his mom. Aaron came over to us and sat beside me as his mom moved over and sat with the adults, Brendon, and Cody.

“Can you tell me what’s going on?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“I don’t even know what’s going on.” He defended as he sat beside me. “So don’t go yelling at me.”

“We are the only two that know except for your dad, Brendon, and Evan’s mom.” Hanna told me with a smirk. “So you’ll just have to wait until everybody gets here to find out what’s going on.”

“You’re impossible.” I huffed, but didn’t push the matter anymore, since I knew that it was hopeless and that I’d just have to wait until they really wanted to make the announcement.

In the next ten minutes, Marissa, Chris, and Tanya all showed up with their parents and Tanya’s little brother, Max. The parents took over the left side of the table along with Cody and Max, and my friends, Brendon, and then Sam were on the right side. We were only waiting for Evan now, apparently.

“Do you know what’s going on?” Just as I was about to text him, Evan snuck up behind me and took the seat beside me as Jason waved a hello that I returned and sat between Brendon and Hanna.

I grinned at him and I leaned in for a short kiss, but he quickly turned his head so that I only kissed his cheek.

“Family.” He explained.

“You’re still afraid of him?” I whined. “He won’t castrate you just because you give me a kiss.” I told him with an eye roll.

“I’m not taking the chance.” He said cheekily.

Again, I rolled my eyes at him and then listened in to the conversation happening in front of me about Harley Sysco’s birthday party next weekend.

“It’ll probably be infested with every STD out there.” Marissa sneered and I laughed.

“I got invited.” Tanya snorted with laughter. “I guess one of Harley’s friends is on the swim team with me, so yeah. I’m invited. I mean, it’s not like I’m going, but the fact that I got invited is pretty hilarious.”

“I got invited, too.” Aaron agreed.

“The whole football team did.” Chris continued.

“I think I’m going to go.” Aaron chirped.

“What?” I asked incredulously. “Why?”

He shrugged. “She may be a bitch, but she has hot friends.”

“Whom you’ve slept with.” Marissa snapped at him.

“True.” Aaron smirked. “But that doesn’t mean that there won’t be newbies there.”

We all rolled our eyes at him- he’s such a guy.

“What about you, Chris?” Amy asked the brown-haired boy sitting beside her. “Are you going?”

Chris shrugged and we all listened intently on their conversation, waiting for the confession of undying love that was bound to happen eventually. “I dunno, maybe. Why?”

“Curious, I suppose.” She mumbled, taking a drink of the water that the waiter had brought around while he told us that our pizza would be out soon.

“Do you want me to go?” He asked with a raised eyebrows.

She was about to answer, but I got to it first. “Of course she doesn’t want you to go!” I blurted.

“She loves you, idiot.” Marissa continued. “You both are so stupid.”

“Can we not do this tonight?” Amy pleaded. “We’re just friends, but I won’t waste my breath trying to explain that to you guys because you’ll never believe me, but can we just drop it for tonight, okay?”

“Fine.” We appeased her.

“So does anybody know why we’re here?” Evan asked, taking the attention off of the Amy and Chris dilemma.

“I do.” Hanna chirped along with Amy with smug smiles on their faces.

“I know too.” Jason defended.

“But you aren’t going to tell them.” Hanna told him with a pointed look.

“How do you know?” Jason asked her with raised eyebrows.

“Because I won’t let you.” She told him with a small blush on her cheeks.

“Is it just me,” Evan whispered in my ear. “Or are they flirting?”

I took another look at Hanna just as she began to toss her blonde hair over one of her shoulders. Her number one sign of flirting.

“Oh my gosh.” I giggled, covering my laughter by throwing my face into Evan’s shoulder. “She’s definitely flirting.”

The pizza came and I fell into a conversation with Evan and Marissa about the barbeque pizza while Hanna and Jason started conversing on their own, which was something that everybody noticed. Cody called a hello from the other side of the table to Evan, but my dad wouldn’t let him come sit with us, so he stayed with the adult side.

“What do you think the news is?” I asked Evan.

He shrugged. “Somebody’s getting married?”

I laughed. “Yeah, right. Who’d be getting married?”

“Just an idea.” He defended. “I can’t think of anything else.”

“Well, you’re about to find out.” I said, noticing Laura stand from her chair on the adult side, quickly getting everyone’s attention.

“Hello,” she greeted with an excited smile to the, now quiet, table. “Now, most of you are wondering why you’re here and that is because we have some important news. At work, I just won a huge case, which got me a huge bonus. So, I decided that to celebrate my son’s birthday just a little early this year. I am going to pay for all of you to take a weekend trip to Orlando.”

My jaw dropped. “Orlando?!” I shrieked.

Laura nodded excitedly. “You’ll have to drive, though. I don’t like so many teens flying alone.”

“That’s so cool!” I screeched and everybody laughed, but I didn’t care. I was going to Orlando! “Can we go to Disney Land? I’ve always wanted there.”

“We can do whatever you want.” Evan assured me, but I could see the excitement bouncing in his eyes, even though he was too “cool” to show it on the outside.

“We all get to go?” Aaron asked with confusion.

“Yep!” Laura chirped. “I want you all to have a good time and enjoy yourselves.”

Unable to control my excitement, I bolted out of my chair and wrapped my arms around Laura. “You’re the best! Thank you so much!”

Again, everyone laughed at my excitement as I made my way back to my seat and for the rest of the dinner, we all rambled on about how excited we were to go to Orlando and Downtown Disney and everything that’s there. Call me a little kid, but I’ve always wanted to go to Orlando for all of the cool parks and stores with all of my friends and my boyfriend and now I’m going to go and I couldn’t be any more excited.

_______________________________________

I tried my best to reply to all the comments on chapter 19, but I'm so so sorry if I didn't respond to yours. I read them all, I promise, but I've been feeling sick these past few days and haven't been up to doing anything, really. So thank you for commenting and everything, I'm still not feeling too great, but I'm doing my bestest :D

P.S. If I ever said Disney Land in here, I didn't mean to. It's Disney World, I might go through and edit that later (:

P.S.S The picture to the side is Paul Wesley (who plays Sam) ;)

I love you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 46 34
Intro: Heart Breaker: Dallas Winston x Reader: y/n Hayes, 17 years old. Reader grows up in Tulsa and is great friends with the gang. She lives with t...
3.5K 859 37
Book One of the Unorthodox Duology Random Person P.O.V It's raining. It heavily falls but the showers doesn't chase anyone inside. Instead, peopl...
99 47 17
Hi and Good day everybody! This is my newly created story. I apologize in advance if you notice any incorrect grammar or get confused in some parts o...
2.3K 167 26
the rain creates a certain ambience brings a sense of peace. but too much rain is never good for you; what happens if you start drowning? a small dip...