Beaten, Bruised, and Kissed

By RachelFine

"Don't let me fall Ryder! Don't let me fall," back then, I had no idea the truth behind that plea. With my fe... More

Beaten Bruised and Kissed
Name Meanings
Key
Tiana's School Schedule
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Authors Note
Chapter 9
Authors Note
Beaten, Bruised, and Kissed isn't dead
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors Note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 37

321 11 6
By RachelFine

"May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears." Nelson Mandela

Ryder's P.O.V

Her skin is pale, her eyes closed, and no visible movement as I attempt to wake her. Tiana almost seems cold, with her skin a light blue but she's not shivering and is warm to the touch.

"Must save mate!" Raudolf howled in pain. Neither of us wants her to hurt anymore...I never wanted to hurt her, for the record.

Yeah, yeah I remember. Now is not the time to go over that, we have to worry about Tiana.

"Probably cause it's hard for you to acknowledge since it was so wrong and terrible how you treated her."

Yes, fine. If it will get you to focus, I will say it again and again. I was wrong, I was wrong, I was wrong. I feel incredibly guilty, and any negative emotion I feel is completely deserved for my horrible, awful treatment towards my mate, my love Tiana. There, I said it. Now, please -

Before I could finish this self-shaming conversation in my head, a strong, beautiful blue glow sent a punch of wind onto the air around me that shoved me backward and almost made me lose my balance. The sun had finally set, and the full moon was in clear view, lighting up our small hotel balcony like a flashlight of the night. It was almost a blinding light that irks me so and teases my most dangerous temptation. Full moon.

Once my gaze refocused on the commotion on this small, white half-balcony, everything became a little clearer as I realized Selene, the Moon Goddess, had come to pay us a visit. I instinctively bow out of respect, which we are taught to do as kids in case of an occurrence like this. I hear a light chuckle before she speaks with her angelic tone, "no need, my child." As I hear this, I bring myself back up and I'm able to get my first impression of her beauty. She is everything they said she would be. The most stunning, blue, star-sparkling. strapless dress met her ankle where her bare feet peeked out from underneath.

It took me a moment to process this moment before I snapped back to reality and the immediate need to care for whatever is happening to Tiana. As if she read my mind, and she probably did, she comments on my current concerns. "She's going to be just fine," the Moon Goddess says in her smooth, calming voice that can settle a soul in seconds. "You can call me Selene."

"I-I...I don't mean to question you Moon Go-Selene..um...how are you so sure she will be ok...ma'am," I nervously wonder. I hope I didn't offend her and that she won't smite me. I hear her giggle at my thoughts.

"I apologize for laughing. No need to be nervous or to call me ma'am. I may be old as time, but I chose to take on any form including one that makes me seem your age so I seem more relatable. Also, I don't smite people. That's not my style," she succeeds in her attempt to levity the tense situation. Before I have a chance to continue worrying about Tiana, I feel her muscles twitch as she slowly regained consciousness. As soon as she opened her eyes, I felt a life-giving sense of relief like I stopped breathing, forgetting how to survive until I had assured her safety. I guess my nerves were evident because I suddenly felt her weak hand caressing my cheek trying to comfort me as if she hadn't just almost died a minute before.

Selene helps me adjust Tiana to an upright position against the white-wood railing attached to the balcony. "You'll feel much better very soon my dear," Selene says, comforting Tiana in her weakened state. I rush to the overpriced hotel water bottle, ignoring the $7 charge, I open it up and help Tiana take a few nourishing sips. Soon after, Tiana asks Selene, "How do you know I'll be ok soon? Do you know what happened to me?"

Selene gives her a knowing smile before softly saying, "Don't speak for now so you can get your strength up. I have much to explain and many of your questions to answer," we stare at her in adoration, silent in respect for her power and knowledge of the world. "I'm just going to be real with you, I'm f**king tired. Do you guys know how long I've existed?" we shake our heads side to side in response. "A long a** time man. I've seen thousands of years of life and death. I have been a leader for all werewolves, guiding them through survival which is pretty hard to do when humans keep trying to kill us all. I am exhausted, it is exhausting being me, and guess what? I've never even had a day off. I love you guys but it's a lot," she sighs. "So I searched through every soul, alive and dead, to find one that fulfills the requirements to be a moon goddess or god, one that will provide the protection, breathtaking clarity, and who provides all their children with unconditional love as I have. You, my dear, are the chosen one."

"Oh my-are you serious?" a bewildered Tiana asks, barely getting the words out.

"I'm as serious as a heart attack."

"Are you able to have a heart attack?" I randomly wonder.

Selene chuckles, "No, but that's beside the point. Don't you worry, I will teach you how to become the Next Moon Goddess through the lessons I will give you. You will learn all of the knowledge of the universe, gain unlimited power, and become an immortal being. Oh! I almost forgot the best part of all; you finally get your wolf, Tiana.

Tiana's eyes widen in shock and confusion, "I-I do?! That's amazing! what does all of this mean exactly?"

Selene just smiles. "That is a wonderful question. I made this decision around the time Amanda lost her mother, your grandmother. I saw so much potential for the good she could bring to the pack and felt fate showing me a path for Amanda's future. The only problem was that no spirit, God, Goddess, or Angel, can alter fate in any way because of our code of ethics, even if we just want to speed up the inevitable. The Devil does not have this same code of ethics let alone any morals or care for what is right or wrong. Lucky for me, the Devil owed me a few favors and sent me one of his Goons to assist me in my plan. That Angel of Darkness was Ahriman. Unfortunately, I could only request he bring your mother and your father together, I had no control over any of his actions. I knew I needed Amanda to find Conlan and join the Blood Moon Pack, but I only knew so much of what the future held. Then your mother gifted this world with you and your brothers and it was like your path was written out in front of me. The fates had decided, and they chose you. So I decided to look over you; I watched you through all of the hardship, and I guided you through the difficult times. From afar, I protected you from danger as best I could.

"When that was not enough, when you were at your worst, I decided to take on a human form to comfort and help you directly. I became a little old lady name Kahuna who ran the Moonlight Diner and hired you," Tiana's eyes were already wide in astonishment, her eyebrows shooting up to her hairline completing the look of utter shock and realization.

"From the moment you existed, I knew who you could become: a great leader, and my successor. I knew that, with my guidance, you could have what it takes to lead our species to this modern world with all the dangers and responsibilities. You have truly grown into a kind, confident, powerhouse of a woman. I do not doubt the fates and my choice for you to be the next Moon Goddess. Of course, it is ultimately up to you if you wish to take this position, so I can give you as much time as you may need to decide as it is a choice that will change your life forever...but no pressure. Do you have any questions for me, darling?" Selene wonders as she places her hand on Tiana's shoulder in an act of comfort and reassurance, clearly noticing Tiana's impression of distress.

Almost immediately, Tiana begins, "You talked about how you've never really had any time off. Does that mean I would have to give up traveling, photography, my friends, and family?" The perfect skin between her sparkling emerald eyes wrinkled ever so slightly in concern.

"My dear, of course not!" I could see the relief flooding Tiana's body. "I was born as a Goddess. I will always be one and I would continue to watch over you and guide you on this journey. I don't have a family and protecting my children is all I've ever known. I have never really had any dreams or passions as you do, and I've never had loved ones I could trust while I tried to figure out what those might be let alone learn about who I am outside of being the Moon Goddess. You, my child, have so many loved ones who can assist you in your journey so you can always find time for yourself. Not to mention the fact that as Moon Goddess, it would be your job to travel every inch of the world to visit, assist, and protect every werewolf on Earth. It's a beautiful thing to know this world from the inside-out, to feel at one with your kind and the ground we run on; and of course, as you explore new places, inspiration will strike you. Every astounding new sight, ready for you to capture them,"

By now, Tiana's expressions have transformed. Her smile gleamed with joy as she heard Selene's affirming answer. "Then I have my decision," Tiana states with a nod of her head confidently.

"Are you sure you don't want to think about it more? It is a big decision," I ask, attempting to assist and protect Tiana from making an impulse decision. She just smiles at me. There was an air of peace in her expression.

With a deep, long inhale of fresh air, Tiana decides, "I accept your offer to be the next Moon Goddess."

A/N:

Hello all! I know that it's been a while and that I'm coming back with a chapter that may be controversial. I want to make it clear that I am not trying to rewrite werewolf history as I know that Selene will always be the Moon Goddess. You may say I am taking some creative liberties. I'm hoping that you guys don't hate the choices I have made for this book but know I planned this plot twist from the beginning of writing this book. I also think it ties both stories together very well. Regardless of others' reactions to this choice, I will not be changing the story. I outlined this book a few years ago and I always told you guys that I want to stay true to the original vision for these books. There are only two more chapters left in the outline for this book and I still plan on finishing this book like I have said from the beginning. I have truly missed writing for you guys. I wish life was less busy so that I could write full-time, but I am in college and school comes first. I am also preparing to take the GRE this summer so I don't know when the next chapter will be up. However, I do want to give you guys some juicy information. The next chapter will be about Ryder marking Tiana! The plan is to make the next chapter very romantic and maybe a little spicy as well. I hope everyone is doing well and I appreciate your patience so much. I know most of you guys probably thought I was done with this book with how long it takes me to upload. I have always said that I want to finish this book and I have always meant that. I would like to point out that I started writing Abused, Mute, and Human when I was just 14 years old. I am now 23 years old. It has been almost a decade of writing these books. I am sorry it has taken this long, but I am mostly just grateful for all of you and the support you have given me. I will continue to work on the last 2 chapters when I have time. I appreciate the amount of patience you all have allowed me, and I still plan on finishing the book. I look forward to the day when I can mark this book completed. If you want to get to know me in my off time, I posted the information for me TikTok where I post more than I do on Wattpad. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter and have a Wacky Wednesday!

Will Tiana regret her decision?

Will Ryder and Tiana stay together through this big change in their lives?

Is Tiana up to the task of becoming the next Moon Goddess?

Rachel's Mom (Mama Fine): Rachel dear listen I would like to gather the main boys here for a chat

Rachel: Why?

Mama Fine: *gives the look* Do not question your mother

Rachel: Ok fine geez. Ryder! Come here for a sec

Ryder: What?

Mama Fine: And the other one

Rachel: What other one?

Mama Fine: Conner

Rachel: Oh, Conlan

Mama Fine: Bless you

Rachel: What? I didn't sneeze...*gives Mom a confused face* Conlan! Get over here

Mama Fine: *chuckles* That's a weird nickname. What's his real name?

Rachel: Conlan. The older one is Conlan and the younger one is Ryder

Mama fine: So on their birth certificate it says, Conlan and Ryder?

Rachel: *nods my head* well they are fictional so I don't think they have birth certificates, but if they did yeah Ryder and Conlan would be on them

Mama Fine: *rolls eyes* ok so Conner and Ryan we need to have a little discussion *looks at me* alone

Rachel: Oh...okay yeah I'll just be over here listening to my tunes *puts on headphones*

Mama Fine: This has been hard for Rachel, getting ready to leave you guys forever

Conlan: I'm sorry what?!

Ryder: Yeah, what he said

Conlan: *rolls his eyes* real original

Ryder: I'm sorry if my shocked state makes it harder for me to be a unique dude

Mama Fine: Boys, focus! This book has two more chapters and then that will be it for you and the other characters. I know Rachel acts tough and that she's excited to grow as an author, but she's going to miss this part of her life and appreciates you guys more than you know

Ryder: Pffft yeah right, she keeps saying she wants to kill me off

Mama Fine: *gives death glare* Are you saying I'm a liar

Ryder: No ma'am

Mama Fine: That's what I thought

Conlan: So what do you want us to do?

Mama Fine: Help her. Make it easy for her to say goodbye. Grow up and be kind gentlemen with a proper farewell

Conlan: *mumbles* I am grown

Mama Fine: *whips her head towards him* what was that

Conlan: *gulps* nothing madam Fine uh-h m'lady *nervously bows*

Mama Fine: *squints her eyes at Conlan* you boys are dismissed

Rachel: *takes headphones out* what did you say to them?

Mama Fine: None of your business, go back to writing your stories

Rachel: *smiles and gently shakes head* ok mom

Vote

Comment

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400 39 17
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
283K 7.3K 31
Meet 16 year old Harper-Ariana Reed. Her father had been abusing her for years after her mother was shot. The once happily family Harper remembered w...