Tesoro

By lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... More

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

22 | Cold Shoulder

834 82 58
By lovinraura_

Laura's Pov

Waking up to that alarm the next morning kind of .. terrified me.

It wasn't because it was so damn early. Not because it was so so loud, but, simply because I knew what was for the day ahead.

My bags were packed- I only had to put a couple of utensils in last minute, and find an outfit comfortable enough for the plane ride, with some small hoop earrings and a claw slip that refused to catch all my short strands, leaving a few strands out in the front out.

Whatever. It went with the comfortable vibe.

I wasn't planning on sitting in that seat for hours in a pencil skirt. Fuck professionalism.

Apperantly, that had turned into my motto lately, because what I did last night... oh, fuck professionalism, indeed.

I hadn't slept a wink since I came home, and only realized I'd left my cardigan behind, when I got home, even though it was freezing outside and I was only in a strappy dress.

I'd felt hot, scorching, the whole entire way back so it wasn't surprising that I'd forgotten it. Not like I'd have the balls to ever walk in there anymore and take it.

I didn't even have enough of those to face Ross today. I wasn't sure that I could look at his face and simply stay sane, calm, and collected in front of everyone. They were all looking up to us to make sure this trip went smoothly, but I wasn't sure I could say that to myself never mind anyone else.

I had to shove memories of last night somehow far deep in my brain, to even get in the car with Camille.

"I've never seen Edinburgh before" she spoke up "I'm so fucking excited to see everything. I even made like, a list of things we can do there after some research. There's some pretty cool places"

I continued to drive, nodding at her in agreement.

"The georgian architectural style alone is gorgeous, wouldn't you say?" she questioned "Bash had a few days off by the end of our week staying there, so I told him to fly in so we can do some fun stuff together"

I nodded again, more concentrating on the road ahead. The closer to the airport, the more my heartbeat quickened.

"I mean, I asked everyone to come, but obviously they were working. I guess you can't have everything" she sighed.

A few minutes of silence passed by, when she fully turned to me "Why are you so silent? I feel like I'm talking to a wall"

"Sorry" I whispered, pressing on my lip.

It still hurt.

"When'd you even come from work last night?" was her next question, and I glanced at her, noticing her narrowed eyes.

Oh god. How the hell did she keep reading me like that? Why would she ask that in the first place?

"What does that have to do with anything?" I spoke up.

"I don't know" she shrugged "Tell me"

A sigh escaped my lips, as I replied "Late"

"How late?"

"Camille" my voice was stern, as I glanced at her again.

She blinked, crossing her arms "You're being suspicious"

"There's nothing suspicious going on" I replied quickly "Stop looking into it. I just woke up grumpy. I'm tired"

Well it wasn't a complete lie- I was tired. Again, I didn't get not one wink of sleep.

"I guess that makes sense" she sighted "You work so much"

My face softened at her claim, and I looked back at her "I do nothing. At least I'm not pregnant. That's real work"

"What are you trying to say?" she gave me a suspicious stare, making me laugh.

Finally, we reached the airport, and I felt even more nervous , as I got out of the car.

Gema was coming around the airport later, since she had a job interview early morning nearby and ubered there, so we counted on her to drive the car home.

Everything had been thought of, planned, organized in some way.

All except last night.

We struggled to pick up our luggage, so it took a few minutes for us to even walk around, as we to do the check in, going through security, and finally, finding our gate.

Either way, once we were there, we met up with the rest of the group. Saying our good morning's as we waited. It wasn't going to be more than thirty minutes, I didn't think, which was good.

Thankfully, Ross wasn't there yet- a good amount of people weren't. We'd been a bit early.

I relaxed into the conversation for a bit, as we talked about work, kids- with the co-workers that had them, and mainly academic talk- with the co-workers that were younger. All casual chatter.

As long as he wasn't here, I could pretend that last night was a dream.

That was until, he eventually ... showed up.

And, to my surprise he was actually speaking to the head of the marketing team as they walked to the group. I was certain it was a business related conversation, but seeing him talking while walking with someone was still a little odd. I was so used to seeing him alone.

And of course, he looked as pretty as ever. I mean, who the hell dresses up for the airport? I was certain this guy did not own one pair of sweatpants.

Either way, I had bigger fish to fry here. With each step - my heart jumped at my throat. All I could do was stare.

"Good morning boss" a few of our employees greeted him the second he joined the group, while I took a step back, almost hiding behind Camille.

She noticed me stepping back, and thinking she was covering me, she moved away, raising her eyebrows at me.

No you little-

I looked away from her, and the immature fit I was throwing in my head stopped, as my eyes locked with his instead.

He dropped his conversation, and we just started at each other. Even from a few feet apart, the tension built quickly thick.

All the things he did to me in that office came to mind. Just last night, those lips were on mine, then on my neck. Those arms felt desperate to pull my dress up, and those same eyes watched me as I moaned.

My face flushed, and I looked away immediately, clasping my gloves covered hands, and squeezing them together.

Don't look at him. Don't look.

"Should we go get food?" Camille spoke up, and I stared at her, nodding quickly.

I went right back to loving her again.

However, people were asking more questions.

"Yes we're all meeting back together after the flight- actually, since everyone's already asking, I'm making myself available right now. Fire away so we can clear up any confusion. I don't want to hear anymore questions after." Ross announced to the group.

Ugh.

I was part of the people giving answers, so I couldn't actually leave now.

Damn it Ross.

I send Camille a look, and she nodded, understanding. I guess we were going to have to leave for food a bit later.

"How are we getting from the airport to the hotel, Mr. Lynch?"

"Well actually the airport is nearby the hotel, so we thought on foot. We're checking if we have everyone on the list before we start walking but you better be there and not leave us hanging. I'm not in the mood to babysit so don't run around like children" he replied.

Okay grumpy.

To my surprise, a few of the group giggled at that, though quietly- even Camille. I guess they were all adjusting to his attitude problems.

That or I wasn't in on some inside joke.

But I doubted the last part.

"What's the name of the hotel?" this question was directed to me, by Leila.

"Uh.. Old Wever-" I driffted off, trying to remember the name.

"Waverley" Ross stepped in, making me look at him.

"Oh yes" I quickly looked away, not being able to hold eye contact just yet "Old Waverley Hotel. It's very grand and gorgeous. I hope you'll all accommodate nicely and don't get too distracted looking around"

"I'm searching it up" Mark spoke up, staring at his phone, as a few of them gathered around his phone.

"What about the next day?" Chrisy spoke up, looking at me.

"Emails people. Check your emails" I pointed at them "It's all in there, and if not yet, it's coming. We're updating everyone regularly through this trip, however if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask me" I smiled a bit.

Most of the employees coming with us were from the marketing department (obviously), so a lot of young new hires. They were going to need some guidance.

"Thank god we have you" Leila sighted, smiling at me.

I sent her a wink, making her giggle before she looked back at Ross, who was explaining something entirely else.

"- four hours of work every day. That might not seem like a lot and that's all we can do considering weather conditions since we are setting up everything outside. Though I'm assuming you wouldn't mind that part, it does also lengthen the amount of days we have to stay for" he then crossed his arms "Anymore questions?"

That question was followed up by silence and some head shakes, which brought the little q and a to the close. Camille and I left to go get food almost immediately, so the next few minutes I spent eating out with her- right before I was called to the gate, that is.

And yes, you heard that right, I.

I wasn't sure why Camille and the rest of the group weren't called to the gate just yet.

As I hurried ahead- an arm spread out in front of me, not letting me make one more step.

I looked up, confused, as Ross stared down at me.

I froze under his gaze.

Wordlessly, he reached out of his bag, and to my surprise, pulled out a cartigan.

My little black cartigan.

I stare at it, and he simply hands it to me, before walking away.

I clenched it in my arms, simply taking a deep breath, before following him.

Lord, swallow me up.

The process of boarding simply confused me more, when I was notified that I'd been set to seat in first class. I argued a bit, considering it a mistake. My place was right there, next to Camille.

But to my shock, Ross intervened in the conversation "It's correct. Thank you"

I looked up at him, and just before I could say something, he'd left.

Confused, as we board, I notify a very shocked Camille on the changes through text, before walking into first class, where I'd be sitting, right next to him, of course.

I'd never traveled first class in my life- never mind in the holiday season when prices jacked up so high- it wasn't even an option.

It was a very pretty, elegant, way to travel indeed. Just the decor on the cabins seemed expensive, and the people walking in, obviously, very much were too.

I looked at Ross, noticing he'd already sat down, and had saved me the window seat.

I sat at my own seat.. feeling out of place.

Jesus christ.. this is going to be awkward as fuck. Why was this a choice he'd made?

We continued to say nothing as I adjusted, and just after we took off, as it got silent, I finally mastered up the courage to speak to him.

"How did this happen?" I wasn't even looking at him- just staring in front of us.

However, when he didn't respond back, I took a peak, to see him staring forward with no intention of speaking.

"Did you do this?" I questioned, now turning my head to look at him.

Still, nothing.

Oh, so you're going to kiss me but speaking to me is simply too much?

"Did you use our budget for the trip for this? You know we can't afford using extra money like that, and why only me-"

"I didn't use our budget" he finally spoke, interrupting me.

I went silent, not expecting to actually get a response by the way he'd been acting so far.

"Well I didn't pay for it, I didn't ask-"

"You didn't" he confirmed.

Did that mean.. that.. that.. he..

Then, he turned to me, narrowing his eyebrows "You talk a lot"

My hand curled up into a fist at my side- it took about three words out of that pretty mouth, to make me mad.

I wasn't sure why I was here in the first place. How did he invite me here among of these rich people, without one warning, and now that we're here he proceeds to ignore me?

I couldn't understand his logic. I truly could not. It was confusing the hell out of me.

From warm like fire last night, to cold like ice today.

I crossed my arms, huffing as I looked away to the other side- seeing my window view.

"Very well"

The famous last words, as they all say, because after that, neither of us spoke again.

A few minutes later though, I noticed him pull out a book from his bag.

Just before he opened it, I caught a glimse of the cover and title.

'Prince, The Beautiful Ones'

My eyebrows raised- he was surprising me a lot today.

A fan of Prince? Art? Music?

So his brain wasn't only running on business rules all day? Gasp.

Okay, my apologies about that. Yes, I knew I didn't know a lot about this man, but one thing I didn't expect of him was to be interested in music.

Maybe he wasn't, Laura. Maybe he just liked Prince's music.

Damn it.

I wanted to speak to him so badly now- point out that book, but I couldn't.

I was still sort of pissed.

So I looked down at my phone instead, seeing I had a missed message from Camille.

Cam: How are you in first class? How the fuck did that happen?

I sighted.

Like I knew better.

I don't know. I asked Ross and well...

Cam: Well???

My best guess is he paid for it. I don't know why.

Cam: WHAT?

I was just as surprised. He's being an asshole currently, so we're not speaking.

Cam: You're not speaking to the man that is paying for your damn luxury seat?

Correction, I'm not speaking to the man that refuses to as much as acknowledge me.

Cam: Wtf is going on between you two?

I looked away from my phone at that, shaking my head, before replying back.

No idea.

Cam: Sure... okay, we'll talk about this later, but enjoy your little luxury experience for the both of us!!

I want you here with meee. I'm stuck here with him for 6+ hours. Please.

Cam: Don't complain about things you should be grateful for.

I rolled my eyes at that.

Fuck you.

Don't get drunk.

,,,

I woke up from my slumber to the loud announcements that we were indeed, landing.

I was a bit confused.

Not about the landing, but about the fact that I did not remember throwing this blanket on myself before I went to sleep on the bed.

I think I might've passed out out of nowhere actually, so this definitely wasn't me.

My eyes immediately went to the person beside me: Ross.

Could he have possibly..

He must've felt my eyes on him, as he turned to look at me.

Then, he looked away.

Okay, I wasn't sure what the hell I'd done, but I was certain he was mad at me now.

Those thoughts melted off my head as fast as they came, in between the chaos of landing, finding luggages and people.

By the time the whole group made it to back to the hotel, I was so stressed out, physically and mentally tired, and it was so late, that I just wanted to get all of this over with and find my hotel room so I could face plant on the bed.

I knew my paycheck had seen an improvement and all, but I definitely did not get payed enough for all of this.

With the amount of times these people called my name, I felt like a kindergarten teacher.

Just a lot less jolly.

Either way, while I did feel grumpy, the gorgeousness of the city did lift my spirits lightly. I think we were all in awe of the christmas lights and decorations, outside and inside of the hotel. I couldn't wait to have a wider look around tomorrow.

The hotel though, was truly luxurious, and beautiful.

What I did not expect to happen mere minutes after we walked in though, was to see a petite woman, run up to Ross, and squeeze him in a hug "Ross!"

My eyebrows raised.

"Hey there" he pat her back lightly, then clearing his throat, gesturing to the group behind him with his head.

The girl seemed to realize the situation, and rolled her eyes slightly "I missed you too"

I looked back at Camille, but she was already staring at me with a questioning look.

Actually, a few of the employees were.

I shrugged that off, being patient with Ross, as we both had to walk up to get the group checked in.

"Everyone- this is my sister" Ross gesturesed to the blonde girl "Mercury"

She grinned, giving a bit of a weave.

I was surprised to hear that this was actually Ross' sister. I didn't expect to see her, not in this trip at least. I wondered what she was doing here.

But she seemed nice, and was obviously, very pretty. Her brown locks long and straight, and she'd cozied herself up in large winter jacket.

Actually, now that I noted that part, I was starting to feel the cold on my shoulders myself.

"How was the flight?" she returned back to speak to Ross, and I noticed everyone get back to their conversations as well.

Camille started speaking to someone else, so all I could do was keep standing there, waiting.

"Good"

Terrible.

I rolled my eyes at the mention.

Okay, fine. It was first class. It could never be terrible- even if the guy sitting next to you was a jerk.

Now that I reflected on the whole experience, apart from Ross, it was absolutely amazing. So many yummy food options, and drinks. The luxury of being able to lay down to sleep, the small tv, the space.

Even the air smelled nice.

I'd been spoiled, so I guess, despite everything I still had something I needed to say to him,

thank you.

"Is your partner with you?" the next question rolling off her tongue caught my attention "Or, co- manager. That's what it was called right?"

"Yes" he chuckled lightly.

It was so nice to see him smile. I wish I could see him laugh a little more.

I did not just say that.

"Who is she?"

And so, he stepped away from her viewpoint of me, and suddenly, we were face to face, just standing a few feet apart.

I felt exposed.

"Laura" he said my name, and my eyes drifted to him "Mer, my sister"

"Hello" she smiled, walking over to me.

I reached my hand out to her, and we shook hand as I smiled "Hi"

"I just wanted to thank you real quick. This message is mostly from mom since she knew I'd see you tonight, but me as well" she chuckled lightly "Thank you for taking care of my dumbass brother in the hospital"

I noticed Ross roll his eyes at her comment, making me smile.

"You don't have to thank me. I did what any sensible person would do. I also wanted to thank you, actually, about the bracelet, though it looked a bit too expensive. I'm interested in helping out or paying back in any way I can" I expressed.

I'd had those thoughts running through my mind since Ross gave it to me.

I treated that bracelet with care, and not only because it felt special, but, it looked shitting expensive.

"You don't pay back a gift" she shook her head "Oh my mom would kill me if I accepted. Jesus Christ"

I laughed at that.

"Well, either way, it was quite pretty" I smiled, nodding at her.

She grinned at me, then looked up at Ross, raising her eyebrows.

I must've missed a message between them, when Ross spoke up "Let's check everyone in"

I nodded at him, following after him. I felt damn near drained.

In between confirming everyone's rooms, we heard the one sentence you do not want to hear when you're exhausted and jet-lagged, feeling like you're about to pass out in a minute.

"I'm afraid there's been a mistake"

˚☽。⋆.

Helloooooo

This was more of a filler chapter. Had to put you down from that high I left you on last chapter 😂

Ah, who am I kidding, it's been a while. You were probably down already lol.

Thank you for all the love you gave it, by the way! I loved seeing everyone's reactions, but oh baby, have we just started.

I hope you liked this chapter too, considering I'm posting it as I suffer a fucking terrible case of pms symptoms. I'm dying.

It's a little bit of a hidden chapter. More things from this will be revealed later on.

Also, anyone know what's up with Ross?

How are you all? Excited about the holidays?

I sure am, knowing I'm including them in this book and have some exciting plans.

Also the amount of ridiculous ideas for this book is still there, even though slower updates, because.. well... school, job applications, dorm life, cooking, love life, ruined friendships..

I should write a book about my own life at this point 💀

I hope you're not super annoyed at me I'm doing my besttt to keep up. That being said, please comment and vote! Helps a lot! Follow if you'd like :)

Can you predict next chapter's little twist? It's not as cliché as one may think. Let me know.

- G

65 votes and 50 comments required for next chapter!

follow my book's Instagram page for more updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.7K 23
"You love me right?" She asked him. He smiled. "Who wouldn't?" He asked kissing her hand. She smiled pulling him in for a kiss. "Promise to not forge...
167K 4.2K 40
"He leaned in and slowly closed his eyes, his lips were now so close to mine, I could feel his warm breathe." It was at Laura's first R5 concert. Out...
59.6K 1K 18
A new story with each chapter! Ross Lynch & Laura Marano. That's all you need to know. xX Warning: mature themes, sex, drungs and violence may be i...
79.6K 2.4K 45
#fanfiction On the day of his best friend's wedding, 21 years old Ross Lynch relives the past by meeting good-looking, tattooed, troubled girl of his...