Ironblood's Helmsman

By kuwebby2

Me, dH, and Doc are at it again! This time with a way more realistic AL story, we start out as crew members a... More

Bio (prologues)
Prologue pt. 1
Prologue pt. 2
Prologue pt. 3
Bio (From this point onwards)
Chapter 1:.......Tirpitz?
Chapter 2: Allies
Chapter 3: Friends and Enemies
Chapter 4: SCP-4217
Chapter 5: Trip down the East Coast
Chapter 7: Allies pt. 2
Chapter 8: Upgrades
Chapter 9: Dueling
Chapter 10: Meet the Future You
Chapter 11: And we're off
Chapter 12: SCP-2399
Chapter 13: RMS Olympic
Chapter 14: Sorry Pearl....
Chapter 15: Genderbent proposal
Chapter 16: Check ups
Chapter 17: Proving mettle
Chapter 18: the Sad Story of Alice
Chapter 19: Attack on Pearl Harbor
Chapter 20: The Wall's inception
Chapter 21: A kidnapping
Chapter 22: Welcome to The Wall
Chapter 23: Ishimura and Valor
Chapter 24: AIDAN
Chapter 25: Modernity
Chapter 26: Teaching Zumwalt Sense
Chapter 27: Um....why?
Chapter 28: Rex vs Andy
Chapter 29: A Dance of Fire and Blood
Chapter 30: Aftermath of Fuhai
Chapter 31: Sea Shepherd
Warning

Chapter 6: Back at base

219 4 155
By kuwebby2

General POV

The Ironblood ships finally returned to their base which was now looking much better, ships were now seaworthy and some were ready for battle again. Ironblood was now informed of 4217 and were on extra high alert when anyone was out on patrol.

It'd been a month since the 4217 incident, nothing much was happening, Luna was out on a supply run to grab more steel to patch up a few U-Boats. He was on his way back when a yellow beam hit the ground next to the rails.

Andy: "Holy-!!!" he exclaimed.

Purifier: "Hey there!~" she said as she flew up alongside the train, "Looks like you're enjoying yourself, mind if I joined?"

Andy: "Oh god...." he groaned.

Luna gunned his E2 and made a run for the base's outer limits which was marked by a Signal Box, Purifier picked up on this and laughed maniacally.

Purifier: "You wanna have a chase eh?" she yelled, "Well it's only fun if there's also music!"

Purifier launches a drone equipped with speakers before it played a recognizable tune to Luna.

(0:41)

Andy: "How the-?" he started.

Purifier: "Much better!" she said, cutting him off, "Now, I'll give you a little headstart......now!"

Purifier stopped in mid-air and hovered for a bit when the train passed a signal.

As soon as she did this Luna rushed to the controls and did everything he could to squeeze every ounce of steam out of the boiler and into the cylinders. The E2 responded with a will and rushed forward, its train rattling behind it.

Not long after that, another laser hit the ground beside the engine signaling Purifier's return, Luna groaned and poked his head out the left of his engine's cab and sure enough saw the ever maniacal Purifier behind him.

Andy: "C'mon ol' girl." he said to his engine as he got back in, "You can do it..."

Purifier: "You do know your engine isn't alive, right?!" she yelled at him.

As if offended by this accusation, sparks flew from the E2's funnel and burned the Siren.

Purifier: "Yeowch!" she exclaimed, "Oh now you're gonna get it kiddo!"

She fired another salvo at my train so on instinct Luna reacted, remembering that main antagonist from "World Heroes Mission" who has that reflection quirk and reflected the beams of danger away from his engine and the track. One of the beams that hit him was then reflected back to Purifier.

Purifier: "A feisty little one are ye?" she said, "Well I always love to play with those toys!"

Andy: "Well someone's not right in the head." he said, before looking around confused, "Who the hell am I talking to?"

He shook his confusion off as he continued to focus on the Siren chasing him and his train through the countryside. He looked out the side and switched to another more offensive Quirk. He made a circle with one hand and put it over the open, sweaty palm of another.

Andy: "AP-Shot Machine Gun!" he yelled.

Concentrated rapid-firing explosions erupted from Luna's palm and acted as Luna's way of fighting back since his riggings were actually too big to fit inside the cab of his engine. Suddenly flak erupted around Purifier, Luna looked forward as he passed the signal box that signaled he was home free, but weirdly the Manjuu manning the box was waving frantically at the Frigate.

Purifier: "Well, I guess our little charade ends here Commander." she said, "Til next time then."

Purifier portalled away so Luna then had another thing on his mind, what was that Manjuu trying to tell him? He got his answer when his engine lurched violently to the right. The points had been set to the tramway that went through the base and looking forward he saw nearly every Ironblood ship just mulling about on the tracks.

Andy: "Oh no...." he said.

On main street the shipgirls were just enjoying life under their new commander, in the streets Spee and Deutschland were talking with each other.

Deutschland: "Spee, even though this man has been good so far, who knows how he actually is." she said.

Graf Spee: "I know that Deutschland, but still...." she trailed off.

Deutschland groaned knowing she couldn't dissuade her younger sister's crush on the new guy.

Deutschland: "Look Spee, I like him too but unless he has an accident and he takes full responsibility for it in the next few day-" she's cut off when a familiar voice and whistle is heard.

Andy: "LOOK OUT!!!" he yelled

Everyone on the street turned to look and to their horror they saw the E2 tank engine of their commander flying down the tramway towards them with sparks flying from its wheels.

Andy: "GET OUTTA THE WAY!!!" he yelled.

Wisely everyone on main street got out of the way as the Tank Engine flew down the line. It rounded a sharp corner and leaned onto 3 wheels still whistling fit to burst, it stayed on the rails of course but fell down a steep incline and down to the docks.

Graf Spee: "Does that work?" she asked.

Deutschland could only grumble.

Meanwhile another sharp curve awaited the train as it flew down the rails, Luna wisely decided to jump out while he could and the E2 flew off the tracks and onto its side, trucks full of steel spilled their cargo everywhere as they joined the engine on their sides or in pieces.

Andy: "Ow....." he groaned.

(Stop music if it hasn't already ended here)

After everything settled the U-Boats that had been waiting for the train to arrive immediately bolted to help their commander to the infirmary.

U-556: "Kommandant!" she yelled.

U-73: "Oh god!" she yelled, "Quickly! Let's get her to the infirmary!"

U-110: "Right!" she yelled.

The trio of submarines then picked up Luna and brought him to the infirmary where some of the others helped bandage him up.

Later, the mess had been cleaned up, the trucks had been taken away and the steel had been salvaged.....the engine, however, was still on its side sitting there in what felt like shame. Luna came down to the docks from the infirmary with an arm in a sling to see his engine.

Once he got there he was greeted by Bismarck, Nimi, Deutschland, Spee, FDG, and most of the U-Boats.

Z23: "Kommandant!" she exclaimed, "Vhat ze hell vere you thinking?!"

Andy: "I got chased by Purifier," he said, "she chased me all the way back to base, but when I got here I was coming in way too fast."

Graf Spee: "I'm just glad you're ok Kommandant." she said, hugging him.

Luna hugged his crush back with his only functioning arm as FDG approached easily dwarfing him.

FDG: "I agree vith my child." she said, "You are lucky to be alive after zhis whole ordeal."

Luna nodded forlornly as he looked at his engine resting on its side, but he set aside his personal pride and turned to the U-Boats who had been staring at the wrecked engine. Luna walked off and addressed the young ships.

Andy: "You guys ok?" he asked.

U-556: "A little spooked but we're ok Kommandant." she responded.

U-110: "Yeah! No need to worry about us!" she said.

U-73 nodded along with her friends.

Andy: "Good," he said, giving them headpats, "you guys can go off to the dorms and take a rest, tomorrow you'll be out and about on a sortie."

The trio: "Yay! Thanks kommandant!" they said as they ran off.

Bismarck came alongside Luna having witnessed that entire ordeal.

Bismarck: "Are you ok Kommandant?" she asked.

Andy: "Yeah," he said as he looked back to his E2, "just a little shaken."

Deutschland: "Vell if it makes you feel better you vorzless animal, I give you permission to date Spee." she said.

Graf Spee: "Wha- SCHWESTER!!!" she yelled.

Andy: "When did that happen?!" he yelled.

Deutschland: "Vhen you didn't blame anyone but Purifier and yourself for the incident." she said, "Don't make me regret this."

Deutschland then left the docks as Nimi and Bismarck returned to the office.

Z23: "See you tomorrow Kommandant." she said.

FDG then hugged Luna and Spee.

FDG: "Velcome to the family mein sohn, and congratulations mein tochter." she said.

Graf Spee: "T-thanks.....Mutter." she wheezed out.

Andy: "Can't......breath....." he groaned.

The next day the E2 had been lifted off its spot and a temporary engine had been assigned while the tank engine was repaired and its driver healed.

Luna is now seen filling out some paperwork alongside Bismarck. Once he was done with it he leaned back on the new chair he had brought in, he had done a lot for the 5 or so days he had been Ironblood's commander.

He had already gotten most of the fleet back in working order, the buildings had been repainted and repaired, the bar had been restored to just that, the port had been renewed, and the office had been cleaned up and modernized.

Bismarck: "That's about everything Kommandant." she said.

Andy: "Phew! Ok, any mail?" he asked.

Bismarck: "Nimi should be coming with it right.....now." she said.

Cue Nimi with a small stack of letters.

Z23: "Here's the mail Kommandant." she said.

Andy: "Thanks Nimi." he said.

Once he got the mail Nimi walked out of the room and Luna started to open the letters. The first 6 was just junk mail from the various factories and facilities in the surrounding faction, the last 2 were from the Eagles and the Sakuras.

Luna opened the one from the Eagles first and read it in his head, it was obvious the letter was from Nimitz as soon as he started reading it.

'Dear Ironblood Command,

    Greetings Commander. If you're seeing this then.....I am no longer Eagle Union's commander. My successor has taken up the role due to my aging body finally having failed me. I wish all of you the best of luck in combatting the Siren threat. But, if you are reading this letter specifically then something is up, report to Pearl Harbor for further intel from my successor, good luck.

Signed,
Admiral Chester Nimitz'

Andy: "Well that's not concerning at all...." he trailed off.

Bismarck: "Hm?" she asked.

Andy: "Nimitz has.....kicked the bucket or something...." he said, trailing off.

Bismarck: "Oh......what else did the letter say?" she asked.

Andy: "Something's up in the Pacific, I'm to take a small fleet over there and meet up with the Royals, Eagles, Northerns, and every other major ally we have." he said.

Bismarck: "Vhat of the letter from zhe Sakura Empire?"

Luna looked at the letter full of suspicion, the Sakuras were the only faction without an actual Commander, they were the only faction without one of his friends at helm so a letter from them is concerning.

Andy: "I have a bad feeling about it." he said as he opened it and started reading.

'Dear Ironblood Commander,

   Have you heard the news? If you are anything like your predecessors in terms of ideology, meet us at the Island of Sakura and pledge your alliance to Crimson Axis. We await your reply.

Signed,
IJN Akagi'

Andy: "Damn that foxgirl." he cursed.

Bismarck: "Vhat?" she asked.

Andy: "The Sakuras want a World War 2 rematch." he said.

Bismarck: "Vell? Vhat are ve supposed to do?" she asked.

Luna had already gotten up and put on his white coat and was about to step out the door when he turned to look at his secretary.

Bismarck: ".....Kommandant?" she asked.

Andy: "We join the winning side." he stated before leaving to gather a fleet.

Later that day a small fleet of 3 U-Boats, 8 Destroyers, 4 Cruisers, 2 Battleships, and a single Aircraft Carrier were standing in front of a Frigate and were all about to depart Ironblood HQ.

Tirpitz: "Kommandant, vhy are ve here? Vhere are ve even going?" she asked.

Andy: "We're joining the Allies, the Sakuras wanna repeat World War 2." he said, stunning everyone in hearing range, "That's why we're joining the winning side this time."

U-556: "Kommandant, the Sakuras are our allies." she said.

Andy: "Yes, I know that U-556, but if we join them, not only will we betray the majority of our friends, we'd be joining the losing side." he stated, "Think about it, both our factions rely on exports of oil, steel, everything from the other factions, we go to war against them, we don't stand a chance. History's already told both of our factions that."

The ships he assembled were in shock at this revelation before Nimi spoke up.

Z23: "But....vhat about our friends in the Sakura Empire?" she asked.

Andy: "If they truly care, we'll be able to make 'em switch sides." he said, "I'm not forcing all of you to fight your friends.....but I'm asking you to do so.....if you wanna back outta here and continue your normal sorties and lives.....go ahead..."

No one moved an inch, Z1 then spoke up.

Z1: "We'll follow you Kommandant!" she yelled confidently.

U-73: "Ja! Even if we fight our friends it'll be better than the alternative." she said.

Every ship agreed with Luna. The Frigate smiled warmly at this before shaking his head and going back to leader mode.

Andy: "Alright then, everyone, we leave at dawn." he announced.

A/N: And with that announcement, I close the chapter, I did say that Nimitz was ungodly levels of old, didn't I? NotaChild4(MJTM 2's Lore Guy/Sakura Empire Commander/Tanker/Councilman 6) next chapter here I'm gonna have an encounter with 4217 and then run into you, just a heads up. lacaloga148(the Story Maker/Councilman 1), aish_sucks61(the Newbie), and Negotiator_1-1 please keep patrlot(the Troublesome Cube Eater/Councilman 3) on a leash please, he tends to look at the shipgirls and say something along the lines of 'That's my lunch right there.' way too often. Check out dieHero(our Military Specialist/Eagle Union Commander/USS Missouri/Councilman 5), DrDestiny(our Memelord/Royal Navy Commander/HMS Lion/Councilman 2), and 007weeb(dH's girl) for more stories like this one. I'm kuwebby2(the Realistic All-Rounder/Ironblood Commander/BRP Antonio Luna/Councilman 4) and I'll see you all in MJTM 2 tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.8K 2.1K 40
This could not possibly be happening, right? You were sure that you had simply gone to bed as per usual and yet here you are, far from home, met with...
2.8K 71 23
Azur lane: Sekai saikō no kaigun shikan ga betsu no sekai ni umarekawarimashita Azurlane: The world's best Naval officers reincarnated on another wor...
50.7K 428 6
You are the newest Commander at the Royal Navy. However their are not that many men commanders, and the last commander at the Royal Navy was a man wh...
11.5K 191 41
You're a freshly commissioned officer out of the Naval Academy, and you finally landed a job at Wolfpack's brand new Naval Department. However, it se...